PDA

View Full Version : Best energy drink for staying awake while driving home Sunday night...

noisemachine
04-24-2007, 11:12 PM
So Sunday night after Rage I have to drive back to Santa Barbara since I have an important midterm on monday morning. It sucks, but I gotta do it. And I will be alone.

So I want to know if there are any easy to find and effective energy drink type products that people have had good experiences with. Preferably one that won't make me have to stop to pee a lot or crash after it wears off.

Ive seen those adds for that 5 hour energy stuff and was wondering if it works. If it does last for 5 hours that would be perfect since that is about how long it will probably take me to drive back.

Carlitos
04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
full throttle

xxxxxxxxxx
04-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Cocaine

tessalasset
04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Red Bull always does the trick for me. Or just get coffee.

Bud Luster
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Get a "redline" aka "flatline" real trucker tweak in there.

miseducation
04-24-2007, 11:36 PM
5 Hour Energy = STAY AWAY.

Tastes like armpit and doesn't work at all.

My personal favorite energy drink is the SOBE: Adrenaline Rush, which tastes awesome.

Your best bet is to just buy a few. Maybe add some tea to keep it going.

I say three or four just in case. Buy them cold and pound them as you need. Listen to an Audio Book or something you can actually pay attention to. OR call somebody and try to keep them on the phone as long as possible.

Pee in all those empty cans you'll have left over and try not to crash while doing it

bmack86
04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
I tried to drive to San Diego after my first coachella, with no sleep. My advice is get a little bit of rest, at very least. It'll only help. Five hours after staying awake that whole time is gonna be killer.

SojuGorae
04-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Smoke cigarettes + any energy drink

Or if you want to go the healthier route, munch on sunflower seeds. You'll be so distracted with spitting out the shells, you won't fall asleep behind the wheel.

BlueDevil50
04-25-2007, 01:42 AM
so far the rockstar+juice one with guava(purple can) is pretty damn tasty as well as the sobe blue pomegranite. both are good goin down and seem to work...i do feel for ya though, seems like right after carp i get like 10x more tired just lookin at the ocean and no one else driving...drive safe bud

Jedi Mind
04-25-2007, 04:27 AM

:dumbo

amyzzz
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
My husband likes Monster; I like Tab (but the pink can is really girly).

bug on your lip
04-25-2007, 07:10 AM
don't ask Yablo

it'll probably be some Sobe bullshit

DeltaSigChi4
04-25-2007, 07:54 AM
Cocaine

I saw a local story on that energy drink. I believe the FDA [or some branch of the regulatory govt] stepped in and shut them down. They were based in Las Vegas I believe.

Of course you're probably being a smartass and not referring to the drink.

E

Alchemy
04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Energy drinks do nothing for me. Drink a lot of soda.

BeeII
04-25-2007, 08:46 AM

http://smiliesftw.com/x/werd.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

that stuff is crazy, little bottle will keep you going. they sell them at 7-11 or GNC. chase it with a 3X monster bottle and you'll stay awake the whole drive.

kreutz2112
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
just drive home saturday.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-25-2007, 08:57 AM
Smoke a bunch of tweak. They make it in Indio hills so you can get it fresh.....

Caitlin
04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Redline or good coffee.

Doots
04-25-2007, 09:00 AM
drink your pee pee that works really well

Courtney
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
What's wrong with some good old coffee, black?

laineinla
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
So Sunday night after Rage I have to drive back to Santa Barbara since I have an important midterm on monday morning. It sucks, but I gotta do it. And I will be alone.

So I want to know if there are any easy to find and effective energy drink type products that people have had good experiences with. Preferably one that won't make me have to stop to pee a lot or crash after it wears off.

Ive seen those adds for that 5 hour energy stuff and was wondering if it works. If it does last for 5 hours that would be perfect since that is about how long it will probably take me to drive back.

just think! it could be worse... you could be like my friend who has to drive back sunday night to get back in time to catch a 6 a.m. monday flight to switzerland (for some major business/client presentation) ...

hmm... look for something infused with lots of ginseng!

Caitlin
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
What's wrong with some good old coffee, black?

Yeah I don't touch energy drinks. Black coffee and splenda does the job and doesn't make me crash like energy drinks have the tendancy of doing.

unbeliever
04-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Try also getting some really spicy snack (flaming hot cheetos work well). The pain in your mouth will help keep you alert on top of the actual stimulants in whatever energy drink you wind up with. As for that, just pick whichever one tastes okay enough that you can drink all of it. They're all pretty much the same.

psychic friend
04-25-2007, 09:16 AM
i heard a rumor that redbull gives you wings

leo01g
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
redline probably works the best or the sugar free Redbull you wont get the crash because it doesnt have sugar.

leo01g
04-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Starbucks iced cofee and mix it with the small can of expresso. I work at a gas station at night so i find different drinks, mix them, and see which works best, but yeah that will keep u awake.

Caitlin
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Starbucks doesn't do shit for me. =\

kimery08
04-25-2007, 09:24 AM
buy redline at gnc. theyre a lot cheaper there than at gas stations.

Courtney
04-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah I don't touch energy drinks. Black coffee and splenda does the job and doesn't make me crash like energy drinks have the tendancy of doing.

Artificial sweeteners scare me.

Caitlin
04-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Artificial sweeteners scare me.

I know, they aren't good for you at all, but i'm one of those carb freaks.

Jedi Mind
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
If you drink a can of redline you can do like Fred Flintstone and carry that bitch home :eek:

I drank it once and felt like my heart was going to pop

roberto73
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM

I feel your pain. I have to do the same thing so I can teach the next day. Maybe I can just follow you back to SB and slam into your car every so often.

noisemachine
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I feel your pain. I have to do the same thing so I can teach the next day. Maybe I can just follow you back to SB and slam into your car every so often.
Haha, now that would keep me awake.

And thanks to everyone who responded! I think i'll stock up on a bunch of the ones you guys recommended before I leave thursday and experiment with them over the weekend to see which one fits me best. Not looking forward to monday morning at all, but fuck it. Im gonna have fun at Coachella!

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-25-2007, 04:11 PM

What do you teach and what grade?