PDA

View Full Version : Camping Strictness

drummerjeph
04-24-2007, 11:12 PM
I have been scouring the message board and FAQ's but have failed to merit myself an answer to the question How strict exactly is security?? I am reading that they check everything when you enter the campground and no alcohol and blah blah but I really just want to bring in a few cases for the weekend and chill on those at night with a few friends. Nothing harmless, we are all old enough to drink and I just dont want to have to worry about getting the shit taken away when i try to bring it in con un backpacko... Any suggestions on this or am I S.O.L on my own alch in my own tent??? Veteran campers please offer some advice... see you all on Thursday night

suprefan
04-24-2007, 11:59 PM
They are strict, if its found in the search when you check it its getting thrown out. They will look through it all.

DeltaSigChi4
04-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Just toss the backpack over the fence.

Pick it up on the other side.

NOTE: I expect a beer for the trouble of providing you with advice. Thanks.

E

invisiblerobots
04-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Nothing harmless

This may be frowned upon.

drummerjeph
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
So should we just plan on bringing the beer but keeping it in the car? I am assuming that they don't check our cars, only the bags we bring in and out of the campground. I am fine with tailgating, that could help salvage the messes we make at our tents. What say ye

MusicallyInLove
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
So should we just plan on bringing the beer but keeping it in the car? I am assuming that they don't check our cars, only the bags we bring in and out of the campground. I am fine with tailgating, that could help salvage the messes we make at our tents. What say ye

...hmmm..could've sworn there was something about NO tailgaiting.

be sure to bring plenty of towels to clean up the exploding beer cans. :lool

Trick Loves The Kids
04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
they don't check your car but unless you drink it the first night anything you keep in your car is going to be about 400 degrees. sneaking stuff in to camping varies in difficulty but i don't think there's any way you're going to get cases of beer though the checkpoint. you could try throwing it over the fence or sprinting through the exit or whatever.

Down Rodeo
04-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Do they let you go back and forth to your car whenever you want?

GTI_GRL
04-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Do they let you go back and forth to your car whenever you want?

from the camp ground yes.

from the venue no.

voltavoltavolta!!!
04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
what about bringing bud in? if i were to put all my stuff in my suitcase with my clothes, would they look in it?

CiderMouseRules
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Yes.

anniephish
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
from the camp ground yes.

from the venue no.

but then, there are no ins/out from festival to campground, right?

suprefan
04-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Right, how many times do we have to answer this. FAQ is your friend, read up like a test and you should pass with flying colors.

wakeupyounger
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Why would they do that when everyone keeps giving them the right answers?!

Instead of "Yes, they check everything" you should be saying "THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH THE BOTTLES AND THROW YOU INTO A FIELD OF COWS IF YOU'RE CAUGHT SNEAKING IN BEER"