PDA

View Full Version : Canadian On-Site Campers?!

Brentw0
01-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey! I'm a Canadian Camping on-site this year and i'm just wondering if there are any other canadians out there planning to camp on-site as well?... I think i heard that there was sort of a Canadian 'tent-city' last year...again this year? Post if yer a candian camping on site! :) Peace!

playgroundlove
01-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Im indeed Canadian and will will camping on site!
Im coming from Vancouver.

delyrium
01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm from Vancouver as well and will be camping on site. :)

j-bizfromcanada
01-24-2007, 06:43 PM
coming in from ontario (6 of us).... you best be giving it hard and we'll find ya!

djjowr
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Fuckin eh! 11 coming straight from London, Ontario

you best believe we'll be reppin twoney town!

malcolm
01-24-2007, 08:33 PM
my friends and I are coming from vancouver and camping onsite. will be my first time at coachella. totally looking forward to it.

Cancuckgirl
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
we got a group yet to be determined coming from Vancouver. Will be second time for most of us. Canadians everywhere... we had a crazy bunch from Edmonton right next to us last year...

FYI there are no in or outs for the concert so bring half the stuff you think you will need, you really won't need it...

el_harderino
01-25-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey I'm from Saskatchewan. Me and a buddy are coming down and we might be interested in joining up with y'all. How old is everyone?

offyerhead
01-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Two of us coming from Vancouver for our second Coachella (2004 was the other). We camped last time and it was great. A little too regulated, esp compared to Sasquatch, but still great.

scottierock
01-25-2007, 07:45 AM
There are about 8-10 of us coming from the Chatham/London region. We also met some crazy guys from Edmonton last year. Really fun to party with. They stayed up till 8am drinking Alberta Premium out of a water bottle. What a laugh.

daver77777
01-25-2007, 07:46 AM
hey boys, im coming donw from toronto with some buddies, just wondering how everyone is dealing with getting down there. as of now we are buying tickets with no way down but the point is, we ARE going

ediger
01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I'll be coming down from Winnipeg with a buddy of mine. Hopefully a couple more will come along, but that's yet to be seen.

I'll be the guy you hear in the distance yelling GO JETS GO!!! all night long. When the sound gets louder, you're nearing my tent

suckmykiss
01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Canadian campers comin from Calgary!!! We'd love to be in the tent city! I'm sure we'll have some sort of Canadian thing with us....so just look for maple leafs i guess!!!!!

Brentw0
01-25-2007, 11:21 AM
It would be wicked if we could all try and camp in the same general area... This is my first Coachella, how does camp site selction work? you get to the gate, they give you an random spot? or can you request a certain spot? Looks like i convinced at least 2 of my NewBrunswick crew to come down for the festival :) should be a strong canadian presence by the sounds of it.

Rage_a_holic
01-25-2007, 04:34 PM
We've got 3, maybe 4, coming from Winnipeg and Kenora. If there's a Canadian tent city we're definately in.

musicmatters7
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
OH NOO, not you canadians with your camp canada again, you were all so much fun to hang out with last 2 years, i dont think i can handle 3 days of camping with you guys...hope i see all my coachella canada friends from years past

JCLimited
01-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Coming from Saint John, New Brunswick. We have a 3-day pass, but we're flying in to LAX at 11:45am on the Friday... so we'll be arriving a bit late. We're mostly going to see the Rage though!

Torrie Mac
01-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Live in San FRancisco but originally from the Vancover island definately would love to be part of the Canadian crew .. trying to get the boys down here but there unorganized and watever.. So I guess i'll be looking for the RED AND WHITE campsite?

Sari.e
01-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Calgary over here....also camping. I'd be up for some partying, Canadian style....I'll be bringing my huge Canadian flag, and maybe my Tim mug :)

Matt Gnarly
01-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey, I'm from Winnipeg and I'll be there camping. I don't know who I'm going with yet so I'm down for making some new friends, not too many of my friends are willing to drop the money for this but I refuse to miss RATM.

djjowr
01-25-2007, 07:50 PM
everyone's definitely gotta rock a big canadian flag by their tent...either that, or one big David Suzuki poster hanging off!

TWONEY REVOLUTION!!

devon
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Comin' from Edmonton, but stayin at Lake Cahuilla. Had a great time there last year.

Devon

How are u guys gettin there? we're driving again, it's a long haul but a fun road trip

Brentw0
01-26-2007, 04:58 AM
I'm getting more excited for this every day! I don't know if i can wait till the end of april! :)

If ppl rock the red and white, it should be easy enough to find other canadians. (love the dave Suzuki idea!) What if when you sign in for a camp site, mention that 'I'm canadian'/'where are all the canadians?', that might help ppls chnaces of getting close to our 'own kind'. Im not sure tho...never camped at Coachella before.

p.s. I'm looking to share costs of transport from Palmsprings airport to Coachella...

Take 'er easy all

ovarated
01-26-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm coming from Vancouver and camping onsite. my third coachella. The camping setup is first come first serve so when you get there they let you pick a letter and then you camp near that letter. (like a big post with a letter on it). If we pick a letter ahead of time and then all request that same area it'd probably be the best way of doing it. only problem is we wont know if the letter we pick is close to anything good (ie beer garden)...

bussche
01-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Me and at least one other are coming from Brandon, yay 30 hour drive! Worth it for rage though. You'll know us by the fact that we'll be sweating our ass's off in the desert.

dozer
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Ya, A canadian desert shing dig sounds like a blast, hope to see all you canucks there, cheers to the timmys mug idea, its a must on my packing list

dozer
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
oh is everyone camping on the Thursday night, or coming i early on teh Friday?

Brentw0
01-26-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm coming from Vancouver and camping onsite. my third coachella. The camping setup is first come first serve so when you get there they let you pick a letter and then you camp near that letter. (like a big post with a letter on it). If we pick a letter ahead of time and then all request that same area it'd probably be the best way of doing it. only problem is we wont know if the letter we pick is close to anything good (ie beer garden)...

Gotch ya. thx for the info... from past experience, are the letters and tenting spots the same year to year? or is it pretty much random? We could pick a letter now, and cross our fingers that its good area... and if its not, every canadian for him/her self... ;)

Brentw0
01-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Im gonna be there at around 1 or 2pm on Thursday. I hope thats early enough to get a good spot in line for a tenting spot.

Leckie
01-26-2007, 09:59 AM
haha camp canada.
i'll be there with a bunch of people from Victoria, BC

RATMFTW
01-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Calgary over here....also camping. I'd be up for some partying, Canadian style....I'll be bringing my huge Canadian flag, and maybe my Tim mug :)

HELLLLL YEA SARIE!!!!!!!!

WE GUNNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

flying191
01-26-2007, 12:44 PM
me and buddy are probably coming down form toronto. would love to be surrounded by other canucks. (first time we are making the trip).

maybe we should all rock hockey jerseys on our tents?

Sari.e
01-26-2007, 04:37 PM
HELLLLL YEA SARIE!!!!!!!!

WE GUNNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

Oh we will!

Make some new epic stories to tell everyone, to make them jealous

scottierock
01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
When you come in the gates and register, they will give you a spot. I'm not sure if you can request a spot or not. It's totally random and also dependant on how many people are in your tent/area. It's a big grid divided into lanes marked "A", "B", "C", and so forth. You should meet in the bar on Thursday night at Karioke. That's always a fun time, and great to meet new people!

pantsLevi
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Buddies from Red Deer, Alberta comin to rock out!

Don't forget your toques eh

Hillary
01-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Do we have representatives from all the provinces/territories?

So far I haven't see any other Saskatchewanians...there are four of us driving down from Sask so we'll have to represent well for the province..

The Big Guy
01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
3 of us are coming from Winnipeg Manitoba. First timers to coachella!!!!!!! Cant wait to hook up with other Canadians...

KATherine
01-27-2007, 01:37 AM
7 or 8 from The Peg driving down for the three days. First timers...been waiting years to make it down!!
I'm originally from Moncton NB.

Can't wait to see.. Bjork, RATM, Blonde Redhead, Sonic Youth, Artic Monkeys,...okay the whole lineup .. let's pretend I just wrote it all out...

We'll keep an eye out for our fellow CDNs. Timmys cups all the way...

Email me if you want to - Kat

kayteej
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Fuckin eh! 11 coming straight from London, Ontario

you best believe we'll be reppin twoney town!

I'M COMIN FROM LONDON ONTARIO TOO!!!

With 2 friends from the Hammer, and 1 from the Tdot

Can I get a fuck ya?

hammered
01-27-2007, 12:32 PM
3 OF US FROM LANGLEY CAMPING ONSITE Gonna bring some guitars i think who brining the marijuana

alidoyle
01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey Hosers! Howz it going eh?

So whatever / wherever this Canadian camp ends up setting up..please post a message so all of us Canucks kow where we to go!! Too bad we won't be able to bring any Cdn home brew!

Ali

offyerhead
01-27-2007, 01:36 PM
What's with Canadians coming on here and playing up every lame cliche there is about Canadians? It's a bit tired.

Yes, I'm Canadian. But coming to something like Coachella and trying to surround yourself with other Canadians isn't really what it's all about. And, to me anyways, it isn't what being Canadian is all about.

JCLimited
01-27-2007, 03:43 PM
From what I've gathered, solidarity is exactly what Coachella is all about. Friends, music, and everything else.

The Northside
01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
OH MAN! What up JC...yeah we rep that way. We're Canadian, me and JC are gonna be there, along with another buddy. It's our first time going, not sure how the camping situation works, and we'll be there a bit late, but I'd be all for camping with other Canadians. I'm sure you'll meet tons of other people too. Anyway, sounds like a wicked time.

ediger
01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
What's with Canadians coming on here and playing up every lame cliche there is about Canadians? It's a bit tired.

Yes, I'm Canadian. But coming to something like Coachella and trying to surround yourself with other Canadians isn't really what it's all about. And, to me anyways, it isn't what being Canadian is all about.

you must be Russian or something

frozen pilgrim
01-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I posted a redundant thread looking for canadians before I found this one... and the canucks. glad to see Im not the only one who managed to cope with this nice little ticketmaster rule:
if you don't live in the united states, you can only buy tickets for american shows online or over the phone, which means extra service charges & sketchy-ass shipping.
$789 CDN for 2 passes and 2 camping passes. and judging by the rules posted, it's gonna be a pain in the sandy desert ass to find canadian-quality bud down at camp coachella. if I'm wrong, PLEASE let me know.
anyways, a travel tip:
greyhound buses across the states are a FRIGGIN RIP OFF. you spend $400 return (this is a quote, not an estimate) to sit on a bus for three days each way. now if you bus across the border on greyhound to buffalo or any other non-international airport, you can catch a flight to LAX for extremely cheap. return bus& airfare, $250 total, and the trip's half a day each way. (all funds CDN).

so that's my next question:
any canadians (specifically torontonians) out there looking for either people to travel with or (here's what I'm hoping for) people who want to carpool or get a group shuttle or something to the grounds from LAX or another area airport? let me know.

alright. hope to see you all at musical mecca 2007.

JClemy
01-27-2007, 11:28 PM
We have 4 Canadians coming from Calgary for our first coachella. Driving down and hoping that we don't have exams too late. It would be cool to have a big group of Canadians.

AudioSlave21
01-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Sweet.. Me and a Buddy are Commin from Vancouver Island. Im interested in the cheapest, quickest way possible. Frozer Pilgrem, which other non-international airports would you recomend? anyone else from the island goin over on the thursday? for the Camping, wouldn't the "C" area make sense to try to gather canadians? once your in the Festival it's just gonna be a Free for All Rockout session anyways.. Might as well find a reason to all get along while Camping out Between days. I Can't Wait! ROCK ON!!! p.s. to Non-Canadians: if you Like Good Weed, Find us:P

frozen pilgrim
01-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not too sure about airports on the west coast. people form ontario hsould be gunning for either buffalo or somewhere in new jersey (newark is good). west coast... I'm not a geography buff. somewhere near seattle would be a good bet for people in BC. Spokane, washington is probably good. for people in alberta/saskatchewan, I think the closest US airport is Great Falls, Montana. manitoba.... I didn't know anybody from winnipeg was coming :P.

anyways, hope that helps.

Necction
01-28-2007, 11:13 AM
A bunch of us from Kitchener/Waterloo in Ontario are goin down for some sweet on site camping. We re gonna take a plane over then rent a car in L.A. Cant wait.

Domicelka
01-28-2007, 01:44 PM
I posted a redundant thread looking for canadians before I found this one... and the canucks. glad to see Im not the only one who managed to cope with this nice little ticketmaster rule:
if you don't live in the united states, you can only buy tickets for american shows online or over the phone, which means extra service charges & sketchy-ass shipping.
$789 CDN for 2 passes and 2 camping passes. and judging by the rules posted, it's gonna be a pain in the sandy desert ass to find canadian-quality bud down at camp coachella. if I'm wrong, PLEASE let me know.
anyways, a travel tip:
greyhound buses across the states are a FRIGGIN RIP OFF. you spend $400 return (this is a quote, not an estimate) to sit on a bus for three days each way. now if you bus across the border on greyhound to buffalo or any other non-international airport, you can catch a flight to LAX for extremely cheap. return bus& airfare, $250 total, and the trip's half a day each way. (all funds CDN).

so that's my next question:
any canadians (specifically torontonians) out there looking for either people to travel with or (here's what I'm hoping for) people who want to carpool or get a group shuttle or something to the grounds from LAX or another area airport? let me know.

alright. hope to see you all at musical mecca 2007.

We are coming from Toronto (4 of us). However, My friend and I will be leaving a bit earlier than the raminaing two to LAX and then... Exactly, what then? Take a bus? Rent a car?

nmaff
01-28-2007, 01:47 PM
i'm coming and we're camping.

from vancouver but currently living in calgary :(

ashleigh
01-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Anyone been to Merrit?? Just wondering if Coachella camping is anything like Merrit camping???

AudioSlave21
01-28-2007, 02:07 PM
hey ya.. another friend suggested washington for us b.c. peeps... cool.. we'll figure it out. any other tips from anyone who might have done it in the past would be apreciated.. canadian or not, the bigger the "family" vibe for this festival the better. ROCK ON.

offyerhead
01-28-2007, 02:17 PM
for those interested in cheap flights from Vancouver to LAX...

I just booked tix leaving Thurs (several flights to choose from) and coming back Monday (again, several to choose from) on aircanada.ca and it was only $340CDN all in.

For some reason they've dropped the prices substantially from what was on their site yesterday for the same days.

frozen pilgrim
01-28-2007, 02:53 PM
mmk. here's a thought: anybody arriving at LAX sometime in the morning or early afternoon and looking to check in at 5PM for camping, private message me. we should all figure out a group shuttle. it'll defenitely be cheaper than a greyhound to indio and then who knows what from there.

jasonV
01-28-2007, 02:54 PM
hey im coming from edmonton with about 5 people... whats the deal with alchohol if you are not 21? easy to sneak in or anything?

Pimpin_Smurf
01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
5 or 6 of us are coming from Vancouver/Vancouver Island and will be camping on site.

Malone
01-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Newfoundland

frozen pilgrim
01-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of making a monster batch of some golden honey oil, putting it on a square mile of papers, and stuffing it all inside my tent poles. camp canada should just give in and admit we're aiming for camp cannabis.

AdamToronto
01-28-2007, 06:08 PM
from what i can gather...

for people in the toronto area..

buffalo to LAX is the cheapest. flying in to palm springs is about 100 bux more per person..

as far as what happens when you get to LA...

well, apparently renting a van/car seems to be the cheapest.

so thats what me and my friends will be doing. and we're camping... sooooo.. im down to hook up with you all in this little canada tent city thing we seem to have going on.

Pimpin_Smurf
01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Canadian flags and hockey jerseys for ALL!

tri s h.
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
SARNIA, ONTARIO!!!
RAGE AGAINST THE FUCKING MACHINEEEEEEEEE
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

nmaff
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
i camped in '05. my kind neighbours smoked me up.

as a british columbian getting smoked up by cali weed, let me say, i was decidedly non-plussed.

ediger
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm sure the amounts of Canadian weed will be copious.

frozen pilgrim
01-28-2007, 08:57 PM
we can only hope. or be proactive. but not me. I'd say that the folks driving from BC have a duty as west coast canadians to smuggle some of that sweet salt spring island sativa.

anyways, on the camping rules/faq page it says that "camp counselors" will help arrange for reserved spaces. so it seems like camp canada is realistically possible

Sari.e
01-29-2007, 06:15 AM

It's called.....a joke. Shocking

So tell me, what IS being Canadian all about?

alphaape
01-29-2007, 06:25 AM
a friend and i are coming from Waterloo, ON

alphaape
01-29-2007, 06:28 AM
and here's to making camp canada also known as camp cannabis. who are we kidding here?

el_harderino
01-29-2007, 07:53 AM
and here's to making camp canada also known as camp cannabis. who are we kidding here?

No reason to advertise that your a stoner buddy, especially on the Canada thread. Camp Cannabis? I think not. Keep your dope away from our Canadian reputation.

ediger
01-29-2007, 08:06 AM
No reason to advertise that your a stoner buddy, especially on the Canada thread. Camp Cannabis? I think not. Keep your dope away from our Canadian reputation.

did you, like, just move to Canada or something, dude?

Maybe I'm just too baked to pick up any sarcasm...

frozen pilgrim
01-29-2007, 09:44 AM

obviously all us law abiding NAFTA memorizing canucks were talking about cannabis ruderalis, a sub-species of cannabis sativa, also known as industrial hemp. we're taking about our tent ropes and the stitches on our beaver pelts. and stuff... jeeze.

djjowr
01-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I'M COMIN FROM LONDON ONTARIO TOO!!!

With 2 friends from the Hammer, and 1 from the Tdot

Can I get a fuck ya?

kyle, that you? haha, i know a guy bringing ppl from the hammer too

AudioSlave21
01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
He's Not One of Us... GET HIM!!!

Quentin
01-29-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not Canadian, but I've been to Victoria...can someoen bring me some perogies? I love them to death but I can't find any good ones here!

ediger
01-30-2007, 06:52 AM
obviously all us law abiding NAFTA memorizing canucks were talking about cannabis ruderalis, a sub-species of cannabis sativa, also known as industrial hemp. we're taking about our tent ropes and the stitches on our beaver pelts. and stuff... jeeze.

so was I...

el_harderino
01-30-2007, 08:33 AM

like like like, no man, like, I, like, have, like, lived here, like, my whole fucking life. haha. easy buddy.

Robocop
01-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I've read some people from BC wondering about what is the cheapest/best way to get there, in my experience, Amtrak is the way to go, especially if you are from Vancouver. I think it works out to about 150 clams return

el_harderino
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
don't you worry, I've been taking it easy for like 8 years now

Good man, if she's easy take er twice.

ediger
01-30-2007, 09:57 AM
like like like, no man, like, I, like, have, like, lived here, like, my whole fucking life. haha. easy buddy.

don't you worry, I've been taking it easy for like 8 years now

AudioSlave21
01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
thanks for the advice. you mind going into a little more detail about setting it up with amtrak? Station Locations? Timeline? etc. Would really help, that sounds mad cheap.. im interested.

metalphenidate
01-30-2007, 11:24 PM
i live in saskatoon but edmonton is home. someone please bring a TV and satellite dish so that i can:

1. watch the Oilers beat the Flames in the western conference semis
2. watch any other western conference team beat the Canucks
3. watch highlights of the Leafs golfing

ONLY 86 MORE DAYS

JCLimited
01-31-2007, 04:01 AM
^Now that would be sweet.

hydrobomb
01-31-2007, 04:49 AM
We are six coming from Sudbury, Ontario. Going from extremely cold to beautiful weather, I can not wait.

JClemy
01-31-2007, 07:31 AM
i live in saskatoon but edmonton is home. someone please bring a TV and satellite dish so that i can:

1. watch the Oilers beat the Flames in the western conference semis
2. watch any other western conference team beat the Canucks
3. watch highlights of the Leafs golfing

ONLY 86 MORE DAYS

Oilers beat the Flames. lol. The Oilers will be lucky to even make the playoffs, last year was a fluke.
NORTHWEST DIVISION POINTS
CALGARY 60
VANCOUVER 60
MINNESOTA 58
COLORADO 54
EDMONTON 52

Are you a Raiders fan too?

el_harderino
01-31-2007, 08:14 AM
We are six coming from Sudbury, Ontario. Going from extremely cold to beautiful weather, I can not wait.

What's your average low in Sudbury?

mojomixup
01-31-2007, 08:23 AM
me and buddy are probably coming down form toronto. would love to be surrounded by other canucks. (first time we are making the trip).

maybe we should all rock hockey jerseys on our tents?

Hockey jerseys is a sweet idea! I'm an edmonton boy on the way down with 4 others. I'll have a montreal jersey though, go canadiens!!!!

Robocop
01-31-2007, 08:42 AM
thanks for the advice. you mind going into a little more detail about setting it up with amtrak? Station Locations? Timeline? etc. Would really help, that sounds mad cheap.. im interested.

Here is the best way to do it, from the Vancouver Bus/Train terminal you take a bus to Seattle, the bus stops at customs, then once you are in Seattle you board a train, the Coast Starlight, which will take you all the way to Los Angeles, The entire endeavor will take about 38 hours, and from the numbers I'm getting, will cost you $96 each way. Give the Amtrak people a call, they are extremely helpful, make West Jet employees look mean. You'll be able to switch your departure, etc. without any hassle or charges. I understand that it is a long trip but it is comfortable (enough leg room for almost anyone I'm sure, and seats that actually recline), and the food is not too bad.

Also, if you had several friends coming with you, you could book a private room together and use it as a home base where you would be able to get some nice quality sleep on a real bed (although the regular seats aren't terrible) that'll add another 247US$ on top, but probably worth it as your meals are included.

activeIngredient
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey I'm a Canuck! I've been living in Florida most of my life, but still Canuck. Could someone bring some Tim Hortons? :) I'll be camping, first time here, and would like to meet other Canucks. From Sudbury, ON. Been living in Toronto for the past year, couldn't take the cold & big city people, so I'm back in Florida.

activeIngredient
01-31-2007, 09:06 AM

Cool, Sudbury's my hometown! I spent many summers up there at my grandpa's in Gatchell, out at my aunt & uncle's place in Skead. Way too cold in the winter though!

AudioSlave21
01-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Here is the best way to do it, from the Vancouver Bus/Train terminal you take a bus to Seattle, the bus stops at customs, then once you are in Seattle you board a train, the Coast Starlight, which will take you all the way to Los Angeles, The entire endeavor will take about 38 hours, and from the numbers I'm getting, will cost you $96 each way. Give the Amtrak people a call, they are extremely helpful, make West Jet employees look mean. You'll be able to switch your departure, etc. without any hassle or charges. I understand that it is a long trip but it is comfortable (enough leg room for almost anyone I'm sure, and seats that actually recline), and the food is not too bad.

Also, if you had several friends coming with you, you could book a private room together and use it as a home base where you would be able to get some nice quality sleep on a real bed (although the regular seats aren't terrible) that'll add another 247US$ on top, but probably worth it as your meals are included.

Thanks Bro.. I'll Look into it.

hydrobomb
02-01-2007, 05:50 AM
el_harderino:

Right now, the average low is between -20 (Celsius) to -30 (Celsius). With the wind chill, it usually goes to -35 (Celsius). So yea, it is very cold up here. But all in all, I love it.

rainglow420
02-01-2007, 03:47 PM
My boyfriend and I will be driving from Canmore and camping all weekend! It is our first time too.

rainglow420
02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I am originally from the Sask...now living in Canmore

gfunk9
02-01-2007, 04:22 PM
There's a whole bunch of us driving from Calgary/Lethbridge. We definitely need to do something about at least seeing some highlights of the playoffs.

el_harderino
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
el_harderino:

Right now, the average low is between -20 (Celsius) to -30 (Celsius). With the wind chill, it usually goes to -35 (Celsius). So yea, it is very cold up here. But all in all, I love it.

Bro come out to Sask. It's -35 here quite often without windchill, and i bleed the green and gold allllll the way haha.

Filtrate
02-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Newfoundland, i got a few newfies coming with me too, And Malonem might not by the phatty malone i know is it....??????

cankid
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
count on a crew from Manitoba to be there. Ive been told about a Canadian tent city?

JWBIII
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Me and my buddy are making our way down from Vancouver. First Coachella, I'm ridiculously excited. We're camping on-site we'll be definitely be on the look out for Coachella Team Canada.

kundera
02-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow, lots of Canadians. I'm coming down from Vancouver with 4 friends. Driving down for all three days and then heading to Mexico. Why not eh, it's so close!

TESTIFYTHIS
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Calgary Here , and camping, 8 of us. I don't know where the canadian place will be but we'd be in. As long as the vancouverians don't play bjork at the camp site. And as long as the saskatchewan people bring lots of pilsner and a beer bong.

DanMonk
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
1 more from calgary! i never even saw this "Canada tent city" last year! Now i have a mission!

Rageboy
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Vancouver BC here! trying to get my buddies to comit to go to Coachella for my Bachelors party (getting married in July) hope to see some of you there!

JClemy
02-02-2007, 11:09 PM
We were talking about how it gets cold in the desert and I thought about it and realized "Wait a minute, how cold can it be? It's a desert!". The average low is over 13 degrees. Thats beautiful!

frozen pilgrim
02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
yeah, I checked the average forecast thing and was like "...bring a jacket? ... the f uck? thirteen degrees I'm outside in a t-shirt barbecuing going "thank fuck the winter's over". and that's even with the sheisty-ass global warming winter we've had in southern ontario.

metalphenidate
02-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Calgary Here , and camping, 8 of us. I don't know where the canadian place will be but we'd be in. As long as the vancouverians don't play bjork at the camp site. And as long as the saskatchewan people bring lots of pilsner and a beer bong.

1. agreed re: bjork
2. agreed re: beer bong
3. i'm from innisfail AB...... i think pil is more of an (central) alberta thing..... not that sask folks don't like their pil

metalphenidate
02-02-2007, 11:39 PM
yeah, I checked the average forecast thing and was like "...bring a jacket? ... the f uck? thirteen degrees I'm outside in a t-shirt barbecuing going "thank fuck the winter's over". and that's even with the sheisty-ass global warming winter we've had in southern ontario.

yeah, al gore's full of shit man. fucking winter apocalypse in the sask right now.

metalphenidate
02-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Oilers beat the Flames. lol. The Oilers will be lucky to even make the playoffs, last year was a fluke.
NORTHWEST DIVISION POINTS
CALGARY 60
VANCOUVER 60
MINNESOTA 58
COLORADO 54
EDMONTON 52

yeah i know the oil is a bag of shit right now. the only thing worse than an oiler's 2-goal lead is an oiler's 3-goal lead.

rocket
02-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Hi guys. First post here. Count on two more coming from Revelstoke !!

brava
02-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Representing the T. DOT!

JCLimited
02-03-2007, 08:47 AM
LOL. So true.

angela
02-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm coming from Victoria too, most likely on site camping.
there is a possibly we wont be if camping tickets sell out before everyone gets their money together.

StayGolden
02-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Two from Hamilton, ON, thinking that campin is the only way to go.

paulb
02-05-2007, 01:37 AM
Ill be coming from Vancouver, flying down on the 25th....it cost me 300 USD exactly. Im sooooo stoked! This will be my 1st coachella, and im camping too. Ill be lookin for my canadian brothers...

Leckie
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Sweet.. Me and a Buddy are Commin from Vancouver Island. Im interested in the cheapest, quickest way possible. Frozer Pilgrem, which other non-international airports would you recomend? anyone else from the island goin over on the thursday? for the Camping, wouldn't the "C" area make sense to try to gather canadians? once your in the Festival it's just gonna be a Free for All Rockout session anyways.. Might as well find a reason to all get along while Camping out Between days. I Can't Wait! ROCK ON!!! p.s. to Non-Canadians: if you Like Good Weed, Find us:P

Cheapest way would be driving. Don't know if it's the quickest but if you have some friends split the cost of gas you're looking at huge savings over the cost of a flight.

I'll be driving down with some buddies on wednesday afternoon. We're all from Sidney (Vancouver Island). This camp canada idea sounds wicked, we've gotta make it happen.

laliloo
02-06-2007, 10:18 AM
... from Toronto .. first Coachella .. goin solo .. I'm flying out of Buffalo to Indio .. saving $200 by flying out of Buffalo (my parents live there so I don't have to worry about parking) but I'm spending the extra $65 to fly to Ontario, Cali so I don't have to worry about car rental. I figure I can either cab it or hitch-hike ;)

Gongshow
02-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Should I tent or rent an RV? If I tent, where should I tent.

myspace.com/ipsilateral

Comming from Windsor ON.

Gongshow
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Are you allowed access to the camping area if you aren't a camper with a pass. I want to RV but if I meet people that are onsite camping will i be able to hang out with them. Let me know. jex19@hotmail.com or myspace.com/ipsilateral

Leckie
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Are you allowed access to the camping area if you aren't a camper with a pass. I want to RV but if I meet people that are onsite camping will i be able to hang out with them. Let me know. jex19@hotmail.com or myspace.com/ipsilateral

no rv's allowed

el_harderino
02-07-2007, 06:38 AM

During winter in saskatchewan, at 13 degrees we put our sprinklers under our trampolines and eggs fry on the sidewalk.

JoshuaWilliam
02-07-2007, 06:54 AM
bring canadian flags and we'll all rock out canucks stylies

JoshuaWilliam
02-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I got two car loads headed down; one from Ontario, and one from Vancouver Island.....time to, um, how do you say....rock?!

hydrobomb
02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
It's going to be great. We're driving straight down to Coachella and then making a road trip on the way back. We're going to do LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York. I can't wait.

derrick
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
5 or 6 from Sudbury, Ontario.

Screwjack
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey, Canadian, from Vancouver (well...Victoria) comin down with at least 1 of my friends, trying to find a couple, but hell yes, this is going to be sweet.

We need to rally together I think.

calionis
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
fuckin rights im travelling all the way from Vancouver...wouldnt miss rage against the machine for the world...once in a lifetime opportunity to see them reunite. Not too sure if were campin out on site tho...kinda choaked that your not allowed any source of cookin equiptment. im already payin a shit load to come down there and who knows if i can afford to buy food at ridiculous prices all the time. But if we do camp there im definatly down for joinin the team canada tent city!! fuckin eh

Gongshow
02-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Aight, I botched the RV idea to kick it with my Northern homies. Now, where we gonna be. I'm gonna get there early on Thursday hopefully and set up with a Canadian flag flyin. So if you all want, come a join. Anyone who is there before me should do the same. Ya' dig?

A((wake))
02-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey I'm a Canuck! I've been living in Florida most of my life, but still Canuck. Could someone bring some Tim Hortons? :) I'll be camping, first time here, and would like to meet other Canucks. From Sudbury, ON. Been living in Toronto for the past year, couldn't take the cold & big city people, so I'm back in Florida.

I was born in Vancouver, B.C. but live in Portland. I will also want to party down with some Canucks. I'll have the Eugene green to hopefully do some trades. :afu

Leckie
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Aight, I botched the RV idea to kick it with my Northern homies. Now, where we gonna be. I'm gonna get there early on Thursday hopefully and set up with a Canadian flag flyin. So if you all want, come a join. Anyone who is there before me should do the same. Ya' dig?

couple car loads of folks from vancouver island, including myself, showing up early thursday too. i'll keep my eyes peeled for the canadian flag

metalphenidate
02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
re: canadian winters

i lost my keys in the snow. fuck. april can't come soon enough.

xangierichardsx
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Work at a hostel in vancouver canada and there are a bunch of us, canadian, aussie, scottish and the rest! Will look out for other canadians keep the posting on the letter if one of is chosen!
See you in paradise

p.s. In Colombia right now backpacking....just finished a south america trip and reccomend it to all! Donīt be afraid of Colombia, unless beers, nice locals and beautiful coastlines freak you out......

Sameer
02-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi Everyone! This looks like a great little forum. I'm trying to convince a few friends to come, but it's a bit expensive to fly from Newfoundland! I see there's a few others from the Atlantic Provinces. The Canadian tent city is just what I'm looking for. I plan to go, set up my tent, a Canadian flag and make as many friends as possible!

Nonetheless, I'm looking for people to party with and will hopefully camp with most of you at the field. I saw a thread around here about people renting a bus and driving down to the concert but can't seem to find it now. I haven't decided on travel method yet. I'm gonna lose about 70,000 aeroplan points if I don't use them soon, so maybe I'll use that. But that bus sounds bad ass too!

Anyone else coming from out my way?

Leckie
02-11-2007, 03:13 AM
worry about it later

9mmCensor
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I probably will. I am coming from Peterborough and need to find a ride or figure out transportation...

ieatkittens
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Myself + 2 coming down from Toronto...

First time for the other two, I was at 06 though!

jeffro
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
4 or 5 coming from thunder bay, ON.

my 2nd coachella, everyone else in the group's 1st. i stayed on site last year and it was a blast, but we're toying w/ the idea of camping elsewhere, mostly for booze/cooking purposes. suggestions? cheers folks.

Gongshow
02-13-2007, 11:18 PM
2 guys comming from Windsor. DiG?

naranoth
02-14-2007, 06:58 PM
one displaced torontonian making the long 2 hour drive from claremont, definitely plan on rocking with the canucks like last year. Someone really needs to bring a big flag to set up as a meeting point.

Leckie
02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
one displaced torontonian making the long 2 hour drive from claremont, definitely plan on rocking with the canucks like last year. Someone really needs to bring a big flag to set up as a meeting point.

i'm on it

TheNorthernForearmShiver
02-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Indeed.....
I think there will be a northern strong-hold....a.k.a.."Little Canada".
We've got a team steaming down from Vancity.

Anyone been before....how tight are they on the sans-booz in the camping area?

Leckie
02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Indeed.....
I think there will be a northern strong-hold....a.k.a.."Little Canada".
We've got a team steaming down from Vancity.

Anyone been before....how tight are they on the sans-booz in the camping area?

i havent been before but from reading some of the threads here it sounds like they're pretty strict. that shouldn't stop you from trying though. i doubt they're going to have everyone unroll their sleeping bags and unpack their tents just to check for some booze in an 18+ campground.

probablegrounds
02-15-2007, 12:05 PM
coming straight out of newfoundland.

no camping pass tho i am looking desperatly for one that isn't a sky high prices

can anyone of you fellow canadians help?

Ricker420
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
flyin in from buffalo friday, who care about bjork. drivin from lax after flight arrives at 7:21, convertable stang right to coachella, n e one else in??

jesselewit
02-15-2007, 06:52 PM
comin from saskatchewan. arriving late. because of f-ing finals on the 26th so will be at coachella on the 27th in the afternoon. so if i have to sleep in a small dirty patch of grass oh well. im super syked for this man. rage, kings of leon, rhcp, need i keep going. canadian flags sounds good

Ricker420
02-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Yah you for about Against Me!, best fuckin band ever

cellophane_star
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Party of 3 flying from Calgary! Two Calgarians and a Newfoundlander (me!)

We'll have a Canadian and Newfoundland flag on our tent.

ovarated
02-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Gotch ya. thx for the info... from past experience, are the letters and tenting spots the same year to year? or is it pretty much random? We could pick a letter now, and cross our fingers that its good area... and if its not, every canadian for him/her self... ;)

the first year i went they didnt have the lettering system so im not sure if its random or not. i'd assume not because whats the point of making it random. easier for them to just keep it the same.

When you come in the gates and register, they will give you a spot. I'm not sure if you can request a spot or not. It's totally random and also dependant on how many people are in your tent/area. It's a big grid divided into lanes marked "A", "B", "C", and so forth. You should meet in the bar on Thursday night at Karioke. That's always a fun time, and great to meet new people!

you CAN request a spot, you just gotta ask for it, otherwise they'll just assign you one.

wasted
02-16-2007, 03:32 PM
hey my brother and i are cumin down from grande prairie, alberta in a 86'chevy van so u fuckers better get ready to party

Leckie
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
the first year i went they didnt have the lettering system so im not sure if its random or not. i'd assume not because whats the point of making it random. easier for them to just keep it the same.

you CAN request a spot, you just gotta ask for it, otherwise they'll just assign you one.

well we need to just say "with the canadians" then.

KarliCucumber
02-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm coming from Thunder Bay, On. as well, just me. I would LOVE to get together with some fellow Canadians. Can't wait.

Lukecorp
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Four from Victoria Look for the Thirteen-Twelve Flag

wasted
02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
2 cumin from grande prairie, can't wait it's a first for both of us.

RecklessCanMan
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I'm coming with my two buddies (My brother, and DJTransitory) from Van. Camping, oh yeah. Let me know if someone needs an asswhooping in a shotgun challenge or some gangsterazz canadian shiz like that.

KarliCucumber
02-26-2007, 06:18 AM
YES! I finally finally got a hold of a ticket! Camp Canada here I come :)

JClemy
02-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Camp Canada is going to be a gong show

KarliCucumber
02-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Camp Canada is going to be a gong show

Is there any other way? ;)

Leckie
02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Is there any other way? ;)

its the only way!

Transitory
02-27-2007, 02:03 AM
ABBOTSFORD!

cdn_on_parade
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Hey im coming from toronto and bringing along some australian friends i will look for camp canada for sure, lets show these guys how to chug beer canadian style

Leckie
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
ABBOTSFORD!

lol

CWeb007
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey my fellow Canadians! Just wondering if anybody has any extra tickets in here!! I will drive and pick em up!! -Just hoping there is a chance!!
Corey

Gongshow
02-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Hey, me and a friend of mine are gonne be rollin in at around 2- 3 am on the Friday morn and would REALLY appreciate some help in locating a saved campsite so we can roll out with our Canadian compadres. Any help in this dept would be super duper.

dalethethug
02-28-2007, 08:10 AM
flying down from edmonton
lots of people coming from alberta

TRIPYEOOT
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
YO YO - got a crew comin form NEWFOUNDLAND - we will be camping onsite - just look for the Newfie Flag!!!

JClemy
03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
It's funny. This sort of just devolved into shout outs from around the country. We should see if us Canadians can take up the C section. Since being Canadians half of the group will be drunk upon arrival.

Gongshow
03-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Ya. I agree. We get that there will be a lot of Canadians comming. Lets figure out how to coral everyone into one area. I'll be arriving at night on the the 26th so i'll have to rely in my sense of smell to direct me, but otherwise, let your freak flag fly. The maple leaf i mean.

gaypalmsprings
03-03-2007, 07:40 AM
You can tell where the Canadians are camping, eh?

JClemy
03-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Well at least Palm Springs is welcoming us!

della
03-05-2007, 06:14 AM
hello all.... im from wasaga beach ont. me and a friend are camping ......we are struggling to get our shit together with this passport b.s.. who is driving from tronto area that could possibly pick up two people that are more then willing to pitch for gas ???????????????????????????

my email is leggipoo@hotmail.com

thank ya

CTown Nisher
03-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Another 6 coming from Calgary. We are made up of 2 Nova Scotians, 1 Newfie, 1 from Manitoba, and 2 from Sask.

tango
03-05-2007, 07:38 AM
wow! there's gonna be alot of us canadians down there. i noticed lots of ppl are coming from vancouver. i'm driving down from there with two of my friends. we'll have to stop by this camp canada place and say hey to you all. those of us from vancouver should figure out if any of us know each other. how weird would that be?

Somnium
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
This might sound kind of random....

but has anyone recently flown within the US, without a Canadian passport.

My girlfriend and I are driving from Toronto to Buffalo, and then flying from Buffalo to LA.

I've read that the new passport restrictions are only for flying from Canada to the US, but what about flying within the US. If they dont do a customs check for domestic flights do you think you HAVE to have a passport, or will some other valid ID (Ontario Health Card) be fine?

I know the safe thing is to get a passport, but I need to get another piece of ID before I can even apply for the passport, so its looking to be a pain in the ass at this point, and I would like to avoid it if I can.

ediger
03-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Another 6 coming from Calgary. We are made up of 2 Nova Scotians, 1 Newfie, 1 from Manitoba, and 2 from Sask.

I love how nobody is actually FROM Calgary, its just a hodge podge of people who have left other parts of Canada :p

JClemy
03-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Our whole group is from Calgary. We got about 7 of us.

Gongshow
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
To fly domestic US flights you DO NOT need a passport (although it makes travelling in general a lot more hassle free). If you are flying into the US from any country you DO need one.

Also, anyone staying on the Thursday night. If you could be really cool and save me and my buddy a campsite that would be really great. We're gonna be rollin into camparound 3am on the Friday morn and would love to set up camp as the sun rises. So if anyone would be willing to save a spot which I know is allowed, that would be super!!

Ricker420
03-09-2007, 08:57 PM

My girlfriend and I are driving from Toronto to Buffalo, and then flying from Buffalo to LA.

I've read that the new passport restrictions are only for flying from Canada to the US, but what about flying within the US. If they dont do a customs check for domestic flights do you think you HAVE to have a passport, or will some other valid ID (Ontario Health Card) be fine?

I know the safe thing is to get a passport, but I need to get another piece of ID before I can even apply for the passport, so its looking to be a pain in the ass at this point, and I would like to avoid it if I can.

Yes, gongshow is right. My friend and I are doing the same as you to avoid the 2 month wait and save the 100$ doll hairs. But, 2 peices of I.D are still required, just to cross the border by land.

metalphenidate
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM
For fuck sakes. oilers lose again. at least i won't be missing them in the playoffs while at coachella. they're in their "rebuilding" phase and should be cup contenders again by coachella 2020. fuck.

JClemy
03-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I think the oilers just need Ryan Smyth. Oh Damn they traded him!

TheTrigger
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
I like the sound of this whole Camp Canada thing! I'm a Coachella virgin making a lonely trek from Edmonton, so seeing a flurry of Canadian flags would tickle me purple! If I get there Thursday and see any Canadian flags out, you best believe I'll be setting up shop up and around those parts!!

jeffro
03-13-2007, 08:19 AM

yea i'm doing the same thing from thunder bay, driving to minneapolis to fly to LA...did the same thing last year, not expecting any more hiccups really, even w/ the new 'by air' passport requirements...my passport expired a couple years ago, but yea i'm going to be bringing everything else that can be used as ID to be safe.

the border guards on the US side, near where i live, are the most anal people i've ever come across...in general, not because of their jobs, they're just crazy.

Gabergeizer
03-13-2007, 01:35 PM
MONTREAL in Coachella camping! We're doing the 50 hour drive. We'll be hanging out in Cali for about a month after that :D

YeggmanX
03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
6 of us driving down from Edmonton... Definitely be interested in joining a Canadian Camp City... We'll bring a huge Canadian flag!

MissEavis
03-17-2007, 07:04 AM
there are three of us, comming from Strtaford ON, we would love to camp with the rest of the canadian, Anyone brining a flag so it'll be easier too find ya? Oh I sell gaber is!!lol

MissEavis
03-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey if anyone is on facebook there is now a canadian coachella campers group!!! You should join!!!

Robynkate
03-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Myself and 2 other Vancouver Ladies will be onsite camping :D
The rules say no flags :(

MissEavis
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Myself and 2 other Vancouver Ladies will be onsite camping :D
The rules say no flags :(

I Just checked the rules says nothing about not being able to bring flags!!!So I hope to see a sea of red!

Robynkate
03-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Opps my mistake.. I rechecked too, its the event you cant have flags at not the campsite :P

MissEavis
03-18-2007, 07:02 PM
That's cool.

Forman
03-18-2007, 07:56 PM
We've got 5 of us driving down from Ottawa. It'll be a long 60 hours...actually, both ways it'll be more time on the road than at the festival, but who cares, Rage is playing and I'm not going to miss that.

We'll definitely be looking for Camp Canada once we get there!

jimmypuffa
04-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Comin from Mission B.C , look out for Jimmy Puffa and the West Coast Croppers

Al De La Funkus
04-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Honestly this whole camping with other Canadians thing seems a bit overrated. I mean it will be cool to be around some people with common ground, but overly proud nationalistic flag wavers are boring and usually pretty lame. From jingoistic Americans during war time, to trite italians during world cup season. Yay, your from 'that' country... congradualtions.

Im more excited to meet people from other parts of the world, and enjoy the fact that we all share something that breaks down national borders. Besides American girls are a riot to party with, and south americans go fukin crazy in the pit. What are us Canadians gonna bring to the dance? Not just our flags I hope.

JClemy
04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Canadians are fun. It will be cool to have a Canadian Tent city and get people from other parts of the world to join us. With such a huge country it will be awesome to have people from BC or Alberta hanging out with people from the Maritimes. It doesn't matter where the people you hang out with are from it's the people.

lifeiscoachella
04-02-2007, 10:49 PM
driving in from vancouver with a friend!

super stoked. canadian tent city would be amazing but i would like to meld with the rest as well. going out of the country time to meet new ppl folks.

microserfs21
04-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Well, I for one already get to experience living with people from all over the world everyday because I live in a ski town so it will actually be nice to see some Canadians again. Honestly, I am suprised when I meet people now to hear a Canadian accent.

Facelift
04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
coming in from toronto with 4 others.
the canadian tent city sounds cool but also a bit seclusive.

TRIPYEOOT
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Coming all the way from Newfie Land - gonna be crazy - hope to see other Maple Leafers there - I will definatly be scoping out Camp Canada - Hope to see every Canadian at Coachella rocking the Arcade Fire show!!! Can't Freakin wait!!!!

Leckie
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
i just hate america so it'd be nice to forget that im there

Sameer
04-04-2007, 01:17 AM
um... you live in Canada, a country based on multiculturalism. How about walking outside your door and looking around? Personally, if I wanted to experience the worlds cultures, America is pretty much the last place I'd go. I travel constantly, and I always do it with Canadians. It's just better that way.

I agree with the other dude, America sucks, I'm going for the music and I can't wait to chill with all the canucks!

Honestly this whole camping with other Canadians thing seems a bit overrated. I mean it will be cool to be around some people with common ground, but overly proud nationalistic flag wavers are boring and usually pretty lame. From jingoistic Americans during war time, to trite italians during world cup season. Yay, your from 'that' country... congradualtions.

Im more excited to meet people from other parts of the world, and enjoy the fact that we all share something that breaks down national borders. Besides American girls are a riot to party with, and south americans go fukin crazy in the pit. What are us Canadians gonna bring to the dance? Not just our flags I hope.

Leckie
04-04-2007, 05:50 PM
um... you live in Canada, a country based on multiculturalism. How about walking outside your door and looking around? Personally, if I wanted to experience the worlds cultures, America is pretty much the last place I'd go. I travel constantly, and I always do it with Canadians. It's just better that way.

I agree with the other dude, America sucks, I'm going for the music and I can't wait to chill with all the canucks!

word

Al De La Funkus
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM

I never claimed to be trying to experience the cultures of the world... Read my comment, my point is why limit yourself?

Also thanks for pointing out the multiculturalism of Canada *claping my hands*
I didnt notice during my commute on the ttc every morning. Im so glad that such informed and observant people like yourself are here to help the rest of us out.

Besides if you've only travelled with Canadians.. how do you know its not more fun than with a pack of germans?

Sameer
04-05-2007, 03:13 AM
germans are a riot too :)

Leckie
04-05-2007, 06:08 AM
I never claimed to be trying to experience the cultures of the world... Read my comment, my point is why limit yourself?

Also thanks for pointing out the multiculturalism of Canada *claping my hands*
I didnt notice during my commute on the ttc every morning. Im so glad that such informed and observant people like yourself are here to help the rest of us out.

Besides if you've only travelled with Canadians.. how do you know its not more fun than with a pack of germans?

:emo

its just an opinion, don't cry about it...

survivalgoddess
04-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Flying down with three friends from Calgary and hoping to meet up with some friends from Sask. A Canadian city might make this mission a little easier! We're coming down on Tues. and gonna hang out in Joshua tree for a few days. Plan to be at the campsite earlier Thurs. to get a good spot....if its possible!!

dieatzero
04-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Flying to San Francisco a week early from Edmonton and then Long Beach for some surf before getting to Indio on the Wednesday... flying solo until Thursday night... anyone want to start the festivities early with me?!
Ps. Camp Canada sounds amazing... is there anyway to contact the organizers early and get a designated area?

hopelandic.
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I am from Calgary! Word.

MissEavis
04-08-2007, 05:15 PM

Why are you putting down your fellow Canadians? Don't try to say that your comments were anything but rude.If your not interested in Camping with the rest of us then why bother visiting the discussion board? I for one am offended by your comments and it looks like severval others are to, good job your already making lots of freinds.

Robynkate
04-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Just because you tent near a "canadian tent city" doesn't mean you are not going to mingle and meet other people :S I like the idea of flags & camping with other canadians :) I am a proud canadian

Hillary
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
There will be four of us driving down from Saskatoon, but because of a final, we can't leave until April 26th at noon. The plan is to drive straight through the night, but this still means we won't be getting into Indio until Friday evening.

So, my question is....Is there any way to save a spot in "Camp Canada" so that we don't end up camping beside the port-o-potties or something equally terrible?

smackbaby
04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Hey!!! Coming from Toronto, with what looks like about 5, maybe more in a crew!!! Partied at camp Canada last year, but it was a little infiltrated. The way it works is on a first come first serve basis. They put you where they have room. You can't really get a Canadian contigency together in advance. Best to just post a meeting "letter" (it is arranged kinda like a parking lot) and then have directions posted to an official "camp canada" (there goes us canadians with our brains again!)

survivalgoddess
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
So there's a Canadian Coachella Campers on Facebook and all of us are going to try to get into C. If all the Canadian's request C well see how well it goes. Shannon has been trying to organize this village thing for awhile so message her and she'll tell you how things are working out!

rage patton
04-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Sweet there a camp Canada?
I am getting there for 5pm on Thursday... should I ask the people working the campsite where "Camp Canada" is?

Mindus
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Five coming down from the NWT, We'll be looking for the Maple Leaf.

xo.romi
04-15-2007, 04:50 PM
5 more from Vancouver!
It'll be the first time at Coachella for all of us, can't wait!
We will absolutely be displaying a Maple Leaf- look for us;)

JClemy
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM
just try to be in section C if you want to be with Canadians.

Sari.e
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
There's a group on facebook?

I'll have my Canadian flag with me, but I'm setting up my tent where ever....I'm sure I'll meet many Canadians during the weekend so I don't really need to make a point to surround myself.

Any Calgarians flying on the Thursday at 10:45am?

xo.romi
04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Will do.
But we're arriving Friday, so there might not be any space left.
Regardless, we'll keep a look out!

JClemy
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
yea it's the canadian coachella campers group. Started by Bekki and Shannon

the_bends19
04-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Last year CAMP CANADA was located in campsite "C". Look for campsite "C" if the campsites are lettered again this year.