PDA

View Full Version : Same thing every year...

Kiefer
01-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Whine, whine, whine. Admit it - the lineup is good. It's good every year. End of story. We can't have the exact same bands every year. You all will be there anyway.

idrive1life
01-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, don't forget ton of unnecessary threads & posts to whine vs. whiners. :D

amyzzz
01-24-2007, 06:25 PM
I think this is an incredible lineup with some nice surprises. I was really hoping for Portishead though. My Bloody Valentine would've been nice too. We are fortunate to have this. I'm happy.

Chillax
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Every year has been awesome, I'm sure this year will not disapoint in the slightest.

Rochec
01-24-2007, 08:32 PM
No last year pretty much sucked. It's ok to admit it. Wolf Parade sounded great, minus the huge delay losing half their set. Bloc Party sounded like crap. Wolfmother rocked it. Madonna was so incredibly stupid, I much enjoyed saying that she canceled while the masses waited for her late ass and then listening to it spread through the crowd like wild fire. Yay for Massive Attack.

bmack86
01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Last year was a blast. Daft Punk, Wolf Parade, Deerhoof, The Juan Maclean, Mogwai, Massive Attack, Wolfmother, Metric, Rob Dickinson. Damn, there were so many good sets.

Rochec
01-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Last year was a blast. Daft Punk, Wolf Parade, Deerhoof, The Juan Maclean, Mogwai, Massive Attack, Wolfmother, Metric, Rob Dickinson. Damn, there were so many good sets.

By Coachella standards of course. It's never not been worth it when I have attended, in my opinion. Last year was the worst I can recall.

bmack86
01-24-2007, 08:38 PM
I've enjoyed every year immensely. I've been from 04 on.

JelloPuddingChat
01-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Well...you did go see madonna. WTF.

Rochec
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Well...you did go see madonna. WTF.

Actually I never saw her, but if you were there you saw the crowd...it spread back through most of the tents. You didn't have to watch her to be in the shit show putting her in a tent caused.

daniel
01-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Agreed... Its always an enjoyable experience, with or without the superstar headliners... its still an experience. I would almost pay $85 to sit next to the Tesla Coil for an evening, as long as i could wear a 2007 Coachell t-shirt the rest of the year. :)

fober
01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
If last year was 47 straight hours of being kicked in the nuts only to end with 1 hour of Daft Punk, it would still be the greatest weekend ever.

JustSteve
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Actually I never saw her, but if you were there you saw the crowd...it spread back through most of the tents. You didn't have to watch her to be in the shit show putting her in a tent caused.

damn, i keep hearing about people not being able to see madonna, guess i was one of the lucky ones. not even a fan of hers, but my girlfriend is and it completely made her year--yay for the elusive side stage artist wristband

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/forgotaboutsteve/IMG_3476.jpg

fober
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
hahaha Madonna with a guitar.

That might as well be a picture of Stephen Hawking holding a tennis racket.

mrsmaker
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Whine, whine, whine. Admit it - the lineup is good. It's good every year. End of story. We can't have the exact same bands every year. You all will be there anyway.

haha I have been thinking the same thing...

Scottish Surfer
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I think the line up looks great, I hope the festivals in the UK get some of these acts like Rage Against the machine, The Arctic Monkeys and The Jesus and Mary Chain.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Very Very good. Better then I thought it was going to be..though MBV and Portis head would have been nice..

Momoschaf
01-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I like the lineup too. What's wrong with the whiners?
Don't be scared of discovering new stuff. And don't hate the Chili Peppers. They are great.

nahzt
01-25-2007, 12:38 PM
It's never not been worth it when I have attended, in my opinion. Last year was the worst I can recall.

Sounds like you should have stopped going after you initially found it to be not worth your time. I've also been going since 04', and as long as my liver is still functioning, and my ears are still working, I plan on continually going for the rest of my days.

instinct
01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
No last year pretty much sucked. It's ok to admit it. Wolf Parade sounded great, minus the huge delay losing half their set. Bloc Party sounded like crap. Wolfmother rocked it. Madonna was so incredibly stupid, I much enjoyed saying that she canceled while the masses waited for her late ass and then listening to it spread through the crowd like wild fire. Yay for Massive Attack.

you must have missed daft punk..

instinct
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
If last year was 47 straight hours of being kicked in the nuts only to end with 1 hour of Daft Punk, it would still be the greatest weekend ever.

werd.

paganman7
01-25-2007, 01:16 PM

You just made me spit diet soda on my laptop!

bartelby
01-25-2007, 01:26 PM
lol

kroqken
02-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I am glad I missed Madonna, they played the same time as Editors, the HIGHLIGHT OF LAST YEAR!

ashtraygrl
02-14-2007, 10:36 PM
it still blows my mind that madonna played coachella. i just..... i really don't get it.

CiderMouseRules
02-15-2007, 12:11 PM
The irony of the thread title in relation to the thread's contents does not escape me.

elChurro
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
After the high prices and well, Madonna... we should be bitchin about the Soju. WTF is that all about?

fober
02-15-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm a fucking comedic genius.

Ardentbiscuit
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
The way I look at it is that Madonna released a dance album last year and probably her manager said, "Hey you want to be hip, you should play the dance tent at Coachella"

KRINGER
02-15-2007, 01:35 PM

Almost as hilarious as Moby with a guitar :eek:

newalias
02-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Last year I only went one day, but it still made my year. I mean I was front row center for Duke Spirit, Common, Kanye West, Sigur Ros, and then I got to see Ladytron and Daft Punk :)

Excellent year.

This year I can only afford one day again, so I am going Friday.

And you better believe I will enjoy every minute of:

Faithless
Bjork
Interpol
Sonic Youth
Peaches
Silversun Pickups
Digitalism
Benny Benassi
Julieta Venegas
Amy Winehouse

I am in love with Friday.

PineapplePete
02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
The only thing missing is CYHSY

Trailmix
02-16-2007, 01:14 PM
It always amazes me that people get so upset and state that the lineup sucks because the one band that they wanted to play is not playing. Every year has had great line ups and I am extremely excited for this years.

SFChrissy
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
it still blows my mind that madonna played coachella. i just..... i really don't get it.

They made enough money off her ass to make this year 3 days, and have RHCP/RAGE headline!!!