PDA

View Full Version : serious question about the whole camping experience

glastos_better
04-24-2007, 04:33 PM
so im camping at my first ever coachella on thursday and have just read through the list of things you can/cant do/bring on the official website. after reading through this exhaustive document, please could someone tell me exactly what people do while they are in the campsite and theres no music on??? no alcohol, fires, bbqs allowed, 'cocktail bar' open until 11.30 pm (thats the way i read it, feel free to correct me). is it really that boring??

psychic friend
04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
did you skip all the thursday stuff? the movie? karaoke? the raffle?

Paul_Phoenix
04-24-2007, 04:41 PM
so im camping at my first ever coachella on thursday and have just read through the list of things you can/cant do/bring on the official website. after reading through this exhaustive document, please could someone tell me exactly what people do while they are in the campsite and theres no music on??? no alcohol, fires, bbqs allowed, 'cocktail bar' open until 11.30 pm (thats the way i read it, feel free to correct me). is it really that boring??

Relax, man. There's still plenty of people who sneak in lots of alcohol (myself included) and of course other substances. There are tons of people just hanging out, drinking, smoking, listening to iPod's and boombox's in their respective camping groups. There's people playing frisbee, catch, football, and all sorts of other stuff. Also, there's tons of cool people so go make friends with, so go out and meet people and walk around exploring....there's lots of cool people from around the world that are there for the same reason and its one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had in my lifetime.

sonofhal
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
glastos_wetter would be a more accurate username

glastos_better
04-24-2007, 05:44 PM
very clear sonofhal, that would most certainly be accurate.

psychic friend, im getting there thursday night, sorry forgot to mention, so yeah i am skipping that stuff. sounds cool though, especially karaoke - i have been described as fusing bjork with mc hammer shit.

thanks, paul, that has gone a long way to dispelling my minor worries.

psychic friend
04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
fusing bjork with mc hammer shit what a bummer the campers will miss that. sounds very entertaining. :)

thelastgreatman
04-24-2007, 05:49 PM
what a bummer the campers will miss that. sounds very entertaining. :)

ooo... PF just gave you the Simon Cowell equivalent of This Is V Tech.