PDA

View Full Version : Dont sleep on the RAPTURE!!!!!!!!!!

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
You have not lived until you have seen this band live.

Prepare to move. I think they will be one of the sleeper sets this year as they never disappoint live.

You can watch their full set played at the BE THE RIOTTT! festival in SF last November at www.betheriottt.com. Ill shit. They are fun to watch.

Full sets from other Coachella artists like Girl Talk and some others will also be featured on the site soon. Girl Talks performance at the festival was the San Francisco performance of the year even though he got kicked off after 10 minutes. Peep a preview here - http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLWJVUDqejs

I hope they let girl talk at least bring SOME of the crowd on stage. It would be epic though highly doubtful. Girl Talk playing in one of those igloos would suit his set better as his sets are perfect for tight spaced hedonism

idrive1life
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Can't wait - ^ those are some good shit!

rampaige
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Any recommendations for specific albums/singles? I have never heard of them, but the 30 second song previews on itunes have me intrigued.

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
dude - ite the RAPTURE!

you can watch their whole live set to get an idea at www.betheriottt.com. Just sign-up really quick and your in there - it'll definitely give you an idea of the Rapture's dancefloor frenzy party music.

But yeah - house of jealous lovers and sister savior are my faves but they all kick ass.

idrive1life
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
These ones in their myspace are all good and my personal favorites:

http://myspace.com/therapture

M Sparks
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I was slightly disappointed. :)

I think I would have liked them more if I hadn't had so many people tell me how great they were at Coachella last time. I was expecting too much.

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
they KILLED it the last time they played coachella.

when did you see them? they never disappoint live...seriously. always high energy

idrive1life
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
The first one (Heaven) they played in riott.com is also pure gold.

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
the rest of their set is amazing. out on the races was class

M Sparks
01-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Stop saying "they never disappoint". I just proved you wrong. :)

Seriously, nothing against them, I just didn't understand the hype. I saw them with The Cure, Mogwai, Interpol and Cooper Temple Clause. The Rapture were my least favorite. Actually, Scarling was there too and THEY were my least favorite, but I didn't see the whole set.

Relax, I'm just teasing you. I wouldn't have been disappointed if I didn't have friends like you telling me how amazing they were. If I had just walked in with no pre-conceptions, I might have enjoyed it more. However, I was disappointed...therefore your statement is false. :)

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 04:35 PM
thats some stiff competition your are putting them up against.

anyways - completely diff style of music there. you cant compare mogwai to the rapture.

but yeah. ok. to each his own

Cydewonder
01-24-2007, 04:44 PM
they are only disapointing, if you are one of those people who goes to shows and just stands there.

I saw the Rapture @ the Glasshouse and they were tight!!!!! me and my friend were dancing through there entire set all drunk!! it got to the point where the whole crowd was dancing and moving so much that she lost her flip flops and we had to wait until the end when everyone left before we finally found them.

i just hope they dont put the Rapture and !!! on at the same time. I plan on dancing to both performances :)

joppy-slow
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
that girl talk clip is heeoolllarrrriiooooussssss.. looks so much fun.. i will def be checking them (him?) out.. wonder if they will let us dance on stage..

pewter14
01-24-2007, 05:10 PM
they are only disapointing, if you are one of those people who goes to shows and just stands there.

People don't dance no more, (what!)
They just stand there like this, (uh huh)
They cross their arms and stare you down and drink and moan and piss (that's right!)

Rochec
01-24-2007, 07:28 PM
#1 on my list for sure. Always loved em, but never had the chance to catch em live. Tokyo Police Club is up there too, but I'm seeing them with Cold War Kids a month before so it kinda brings it down a notch. I think Arctic Monkeys move into #2.

Not that any of you give a shit. Anyways LCD is probably 3 and Lily moves into a tight 4th, since she's hot, but only cause she makes good music. She'd be a dog otherwise. Kinda like Meg White.

bmack86
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
LCD Soundsystem's show is better. I'll watch both. I hear Hot Chip is almost as good. Definitely check out !!!'s show, they'll kill.

Rochec
01-24-2007, 07:35 PM
LCD Soundsystem's show is better. I'll watch both. I hear Hot Chip is almost as good. Definitely check out !!!'s show, they'll kill.

Totally forgot they were going to be there.

seanmiyashiro
01-25-2007, 09:07 AM
lcd, hot chip, justice, mstrkrft, girl talk, THE RAPTURE. felix da houseat - coachella has some very notable dance acts

chunk
01-25-2007, 11:34 AM
and the girls!!!

nobody dances like rapture girls. very nice.

fober
01-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I'll sleep wherever the fuck I want thank you very much.

lethaldesign
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
definitely looking forward to the rapture... i have yet to experience them live, but i'll have my dancing shoes ready ;)

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
i have heard the same thing from quite a few people...that the rapture put on a good set at coachella, but the couple times i have heard their songs, it sounded like horrible noise to me. maybe i heard the wrong songs, but it was really bad, imho.

chunk
01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
i have heard the same thing from quite a few people...that the rapture put on a good set at coachella, but the couple times i have heard their songs, it sounded like horrible noise to me. maybe i heard the wrong songs, but it was really bad, imho.

if you didnt like sister saviour or house of jealous lovers, then its probably not for you.

luckyface
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I will sleep on them and I will be a-ok. I don't think I can take the lead singer's vocals in concert again.

C DUB YA
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
The Rapture have always given good show.

done and done.

cchap6
01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
I've seen The Rapture 3x and they've always been great. Talk about cowbell! The Rapture and LCD love to rock the cowbell.

seanmiyashiro
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
lcd is great live.

drewoftherushes
01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I saw the Rapture on the Curiosa tour, and they weren't bad, but definitely not great. Maybe it had to do with the fact that they played in the afternoon, but they might play in the afternoon at Coachella. Either way, I hope I just saw an off-day.

M Sparks
01-26-2007, 09:44 AM
but yeah. ok. to each his own

That's all I'm sayin' :)

I just think it's funny how much hype I see posted on here. The fact is, pretty much every band on this line-up is SOMEONE's favorite band. And, at every bands set, there's going to be someone that hates them. It's all cool...variety is a good thing.

M Sparks
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
if you didnt like sister saviour or house of jealous lovers, then its probably not for you.

I liked both of those songs. The problem was the other ones. :)

M Sparks
01-26-2007, 09:51 AM

I saw the Rapture @ the Glasshouse and they were tight!!!!! me and my friend were dancing through there entire set all drunk!!

See, I saw them in Phoenix in July or August, and it was 115 degrees. Drinking and/or dancing was a bad idea...they would have been pulling bodies out by the busload. That may have been the problem.

ghettojournalist
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
plenty of dance acts have played at coachella in similar weather during the day and there was still dancing going on.
maybe it was an off-night.

AEversW
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
bloc party had the crowd moving last year...they played at 4 i think. It was still hot

pewter14
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
bloc party had the crowd moving last year...they played at 4 i think. It was still hot

Bloc Party had an early evening tent gig in 2004, I think it was hotter then compared to outdoors in 2005.

And 2004's crowd was far more pumped. (probably why it was hotter).

ghettojournalist
01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
!!! 2004

M Sparks
01-26-2007, 11:22 AM
plenty of dance acts have played at coachella in similar weather during the day and there was still dancing going on.
maybe it was an off-night.

I'm totally willing to bet they had an off night...I've just heard too many people rave about them.

BUT, there is no way that Coachella in early May has ever experienced "similar weather" as Phoenix in July or August. Besides the difference in the time of year, there's something called the Urban Heat Island effect. You can drive just a few miles out of Metro Phoenix and the temperature will drop 10-15 degrees.

On July 15th, 2003, the LOW in Phoenix was 96 degrees. That is higher than the average May high in Indio.

On top of that, the show I was at was in a concrete amphitheater, not in a grassy field.

And finally, most people at Coachella probably dress sensibly. This was a CURE show. :)