PDA

View Full Version : Booze prices

robpsu137
04-24-2007, 11:33 AM
does anyone have any idea of the cost of drinks inside the show? because of the length of each day's performances, i'd rather not black out at 10am housing drinks the parking lot before hand.

i'm trying to budget to see how much money i'll be spending...

meyouseek
04-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Beer was around $7 last year. They'll also sell you some sort of wine-based margarita... though I have no idea what they charge. Liquor is only available in the VIP, probably $10+ per drink.

kroqken
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Alcohol prices should drop this year due to the economic recession, even with the Bush stimulus package.

Crackerfromcrenshaw
01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Alcohol prices should drop this year due to the economic recession, even with the Bush stimulus package.

Stfu you dont understand what recession means dude...

JustSteve
01-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Beer was around $7 last year. They'll also sell you some sort of wine-based margarita... though I have no idea what they charge. Liquor is only available in the VIP, probably $10+ per drink.

think the liquor was around $7, too.

cooperb1
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
so hard liquor is not avalabal for sale at the campgrounds or the venue ?

breakjaw
01-25-2008, 11:26 PM
No.The Soju drinks taste just like Red Bull/Vodka,tho'.I think they were $8.00.

morelifefucker
01-26-2008, 07:53 AM
all i could find last year was heineken......that shit taste gross when it gets warm .......

kreutz2112
01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
You can buy wine, beer and liquor inside the venue. Beer is seven dollars and wine and liquor are like 8 i think. As far as alcohol in the campgrounds go, I have never bought it in the campgrounds because it's so easy to sneak it in.

Courtney
01-26-2008, 09:02 AM
You can buy wine, beer and liquor inside the venue. Beer is seven dollars and wine and liquor are like 8 i think. As far as alcohol in the campgrounds go, I have never bought it in the campgrounds because it's so easy to sneak it in.

I think hard liquor is only available in the VIP area, but not at the normal beer gardens. (They have soju-based drinks, but that's not hard liquor.)

kreutz2112
01-26-2008, 09:18 AM
yeah, maybe I am thinking of the soju stuff. I have never bought "liquor" anyway. If I even buy alcohol it's beer.

marfawkah02
01-26-2008, 09:22 AM
just get drunk before you go in. buy a beer here and drink in the shade and rest if you want later on in the day . pace yourself and you'll have a nice drunk time and remember everything! =)

captncrzy
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I just bring mine in...I object to the liquor prices, but my main issue is having to sit in beer jail while consuming my $7 beer. I'd rather bring in minis, mix with gatorade, and enjoy some music whilst consuming my booze.

MonsoonSeason
01-26-2008, 10:10 AM
were the heinekens just 16oz cups or were they larger?

boarderwoozel3
01-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I just bring mine in...I object to the liquor prices, but my main issue is having to sit in beer jail while consuming my $7 beer. I'd rather bring in minis, mix with gatorade, and enjoy some music whilst consuming my booze.

amen

cooperb1
01-28-2008, 11:38 PM
i love soju.

cassidywm84
01-29-2008, 01:15 AM
were the heinekens just 16oz cups or were they larger?

i remember them being smaller then 16 oz.
more like 12 oz.
i might be wrong though.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-29-2008, 01:51 AM
i remember them being smaller then 16 oz.
more like 12 oz.
i might be wrong though.

They were 12 oz.

Beers $7
Wine $8
Liquor/Mixed Drinks $8
Mixed Drinks w/ Red Bull $9

All of that was last year. No telling what it will be this year.

Trudeau
01-29-2008, 01:57 AM
I like the beer gardens. They are usually quieter and its nice to have an area where everybody is just...drinking. I met most of the people that I met last year in beer gardens.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I like the beer gardens. They are usually quieter and its nice to have an area where everybody is just...drinking. I met most of the people that I met last year in beer gardens.

I'm confused by your username/avatar combo.

Your username is Trudeau, and unless that's your last name, my first thought is Pierre Trudeau (since you're from Vancouver).

However, your avatar appears to be John Edwards, who has no connection to Pierre Trudeau that I'm aware of except that they're both politicians.

Enlighten.

ayates
01-30-2008, 06:40 PM

That's why I love ACL and the Virgin Festival. They are places where the beer flows like wine and where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

instinct
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I think 2 euro's per beer is a fair price.

Courtney
01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm confused by your username/avatar combo.

Next you'll be telling me that walruses probably aren't really captains, either.

Stainofmind
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
i dont know if anyone else agrees with me

If I am going to pay 7 dollars for a beer it better be some good quality stuff. It be cool if they could serve Sam Adams this year. I did not drink at all last year cause all they were selling was Heineken. I try to avoid yellow beer aka Piss water. Anybody else feel the same way?

microcuts
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
I think Heineken will forever and always be the beer of Coachella. Gotta love sponsorship.

Trailmix
02-05-2008, 06:38 AM

If I am going to pay 7 dollars for a beer it better be some good quality stuff. It be cool if they could serve Sam Adams this year. I did not drink at all last year cause all they were selling was Heineken. I try to avoid yellow beer aka Piss water. Anybody else feel the same way?

Probably stuck with Heinekin though I can guarantee you if it was Sam Adams we would have as many people on this board complaining about that. Never going to please everyone with the selection.

MarkO
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM

I'm Irish and I won't even drink Heinekin.

nationocean
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
going to ireland and drinking in the guinness factory..

pure. heaven.

Stainofmind
02-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Probably stuck with Heinekin though I can guarantee you if it was Sam Adams we would have as many people on this board complaining about that. Never going to please everyone with the selection.

Sam Adams taste much better than that garbage of Hieneken. I dont know if people would complain as much if Sam Adams was the selected beer to sale. Everyone i know seems to like it. Its not their preference but they'll drink it.

Stainofmind
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
going to ireland and drinking in the guinness factory..

pure. heaven.

Guinness is good too.

Stainofmind
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I think Heineken will forever and always be the beer of Coachella. Gotta love sponsorship.

haha that blows

I'll sneak my beer in.

Stainofmind
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm Irish and I won't even drink Heinekin.

are you like me and try to avoid yellow beer aka piss water?

MarkO
02-05-2008, 06:01 PM
A few Guinness Extra Cold in the evening time when the sun goes down would be bliss.

MarkO
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
are you like me and try to avoid yellow beer aka piss water?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to get good beer up here in Oregon. We have the Widmers, Bridgeport, Full Sail, Deschutes and Rogue breweries to name but a few .....

fasttrack
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
maybe flogging molly will bring enough guiness for all of us.
wishfull thinking.

Stainofmind
02-05-2008, 06:10 PM
wishfull thinking.

haha

now you're talking

MarkO
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
wishfull thinking.

Guinness. Please.

Wheres the beef?
02-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Guinness. Please.

Oh god that would too good.

And about the beer prison, you can usually get stuff out if you walk out casually enough or time it right. Security didnt care Friday or Saturday but Sunday they were nazis about it. I do detest the beer prison though.

The soju was garbage. What a ripoff that was. I doubt there is any alcohol content in it at all. And the premix soju/grape juce stuff they had was so watered down I doubt that $8 even bought you a shot. Stick with the heinken, at least you know what you are getting.