PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else paranoid about not getting in with ticketfast tickets?

solarbeef
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
So like many, many people I made this mistake of waiting to buy tickets to Coachella this year. First time I dropped the ball. Also like many, many people, I bought tickets on ebay instead of waiting. Luckily I waited long enough to get a fair price (I don't know why people spent $1,000... don't they know a thing about market shifts?) but I didn't wait long enough for the extras released by ticketmaster (damn my best friend who did to hell).

So the question: who else bought ticketfast tickets on ebay? I really wish I got hard ones in retrospect to calm my neurosis. I got them from a dad and his son, not a mass scalper. I made sure to keep an eye on his listings to make sure he didn't sell them again. Seems honest and clean to me, but what do you all think?

The inevitable responses on a message board like this are going to be "oh dude you're fucked," so if you're going to be sarcastic be a bit more creative :)

gaypalmsprings
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
just get there early. if they are copies, the first person gets in.

brava
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM
haha very true

R3d Snapper
04-23-2007, 09:55 PM
just keep chillin, and get there early just in case

faxman75
04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Who's the person you get them from on ebay? Do they have good feedback or a 0?

suprefan
04-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Nope I have real tickets. Ooops

All That I Am
04-23-2007, 10:36 PM
First one in Wins!

wstsidela
04-23-2007, 10:53 PM
ready, set, scan!!!

Ardentbiscuit
04-24-2007, 05:52 AM
There's really no way to protect from this.

You just have to buy from a seller that has a long history with no negative marks and hope for the best.

I once saw a 100+ turned away at the door for a show because they all had the same set of tickets....

heatherxxll
04-24-2007, 06:42 AM
There's really no way to protect from this.

You just have to buy from a seller that has a long history with no negative marks and hope for the best.

I once saw a 100+ turned away at the door for a show because they all had the same set of tickets....

Ouch. There's a place where I live that doesn't have a scanner. When you hand them your TicketFast ticket, they just throw it in a big box with a bunch of others.

Glamour Damaged
04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Get there early. OR sell them and buy a 3 day pass on Ticket Master.

anonimouse
04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
i never feel safe unless i bought the tickets myself, and even then ticketfast still scares me

like everyone else has said, if you dont want to worry just get there early and hope for the best. if they have lots of positive feedback and werent selling a bunch then you are probably ok

Benny
04-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I have the name and address of the person I bought mine from and he was advertising them on this board so I feel pretty safe that he's not dicked me about.

el_chaman
04-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I bought a ticketfast ticket in this forums, Iīm quite comfortable with that, all went smoothly and the girl that sold it sounds pretty legit. Iīm pretty calm about it.

But there was one time I bought an actual ticket at a recordīs store ticketmaster booth, if I remember correctly it was for RHCP. I came into the event to find out that my ticket was already scanned, pretty weird, maybe a problem with their system or someone inside ticketmaster made a duplicate, anyway I talked to a supervisor, showed him my friendīs tickets and they let me in.

I have also the experience of buying some cheap tickets for a sold out concert from a scalper outside the venue (for The Chemical Brothers) just to find out after I passed the gate that they were for another concert that had happened weeks ago (a really cheezy awful boys band group), the security guard didnīt checked it, they didnīt had scanners in that particular door, and since I went in like I knew exactly where I was going no one checked the ticket.

fluxequalsrad
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
ticketfast tickets = negative cred.