PDA

View Full Version : Kinds of Beer???

ThomThom
01-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Hello,

First timer just wishing to know what kind of beer they sell at Coachella? Being that I hate domestic beer and am not too fond of Imports like Corona and Heineken, are there any other options available?

Rezzo
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
:spam

summerkid
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i think it was heineken last year...

Dr. Odd Marvel
01-24-2007, 08:04 PM
I thought it was Heiniken & Killians but I don't really remember because H2O was so much nicer. Really it was so hard to get a buzz I only really got full and had to piss alot. Really not worth it especially @ $8 for a small cup.

amdux
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
put Zima in a water bottle....if its sealed, they might let you bring it in

Mystagogue
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
There's Heineken. When they run out of Heineken, they bring out the Heineken.

All kidding aside...I'm a big beer drinker and beer is usually the last thing on my mind at Coachella. During the day I was drinking water & gatorade only in an attempt to stay hydrated and avoid dying.

monkeyboy
03-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Bumping to see if we might have some decent beer selection this year since they are expanding the bars.

Doses_On_Sunday#K.C.
03-30-2012, 10:31 AM
No decent beers. Always Heineken. They need to bring New Belgium in and fucking blow everyone away.

tyles
03-30-2012, 12:14 PM
put Zima in a water bottle....if its sealed, they might let you bring it in

They still make Zima? And does it still taste like smarties candies that have been crushed and liquified?

OtisRed
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
They still make Zima? And does it still taste like smarties candies that have been crushed and liquified?

That post is from '07...
No more zima since oct 08...
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/10/20/daily15.html

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Heinekin is one of the major sponsors, and the fest gives them exclusivity.

tyles
03-30-2012, 03:51 PM
No more zima since oct 08...
http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/10/20/daily15.html

...and rightfully so. Zima, aside from being a relic of the 1990's, makes Mike's Hard Lemonade look badass in comparison.

blueduck
03-30-2012, 04:00 PM
No decent beers. Always Heineken. They need to bring New Belgium in and fucking blow everyone away.

Spoke with New Belgium Last month and they sd they have been trying to get the coachella account for years. They said that theyre going to be the main sponsor for lightning in a bottle this year. When i told them im going to coachella they sent me a care package full of all kinds of nick nacks from the brewery ;) They also gave me the phone number to their Los Angeles Manager thats going to hook it up with all their new canned beers that dont come out intel May.

sonnyboy11
03-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Bzzt. WRONG! Newcastle Brown Ale was available for the first time last year. How do I know? Because the moment I ordered one in the beer tent, the heavens opened up, God spoke to me, and a gentle breeze suddenly blew over the polo grounds as I took my first sip. Newcastle. Brown Ale. Sure it's pedestrian. It's also better than Heineken. And it was there last year. Hope it will be this year too.

SeantheJeweler
03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Bzzt. WRONG! Newcastle Brown Ale was available for the first time last year. How do I know? Because the moment I ordered one in the beer tent, the heavens opened up, God spoke to me, and a gentle breeze suddenly blew over the polo grounds as I took my first sip. Newcastle. Brown Ale. Sure it's pedestrian. It's also better than Heineken. And it was there last year. Hope it will be this year too.

I was gonna say I THOUGHT I drank a Newcastle last year! Just thought maybe it was in the campsite or something. I usually just bring tons of beer for the campsite and drink it before/after the show. There was a thread about the best canned beers to bring....http://whiskeygoldmine.com/beer-reviews-best-beers-beer-forum/ale-belgian-ale-pale-ale-ipa-porter-imperial-stout-esb/belgian-beers-belgian-ales/top-10-beers-in-a-can-top-25-ten-oskar-blues-sly-fox-maui-coconut-yougs-double-chocolate-caldera-guinness-red-racer-boddingtons-yuengling-heineken/

Trillis
03-31-2012, 04:17 PM
We def put a dent in the Newcastle last year. Beer garden by the main stage.

mistakenstrangers
04-01-2012, 04:29 AM

Funnily enough, Newcastle is produced by Heineken.

sonnyboy11
04-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Makes sense. That's why they've allowed it in. Bottling plant for Newcastle is still in UK at the location it was before Heineken bought it. And, of course, a much different (and I think better) type of beer than Heineken Pilsener. I don't hate Heineken, but it gets pretty old after 3 days in the hot sun.

Hm. A quick search and found this--

"In 2012, Heineken USA will introduce Newcastle Founders ale (an Extra Special Bitter style) as their spring seasonal"

Do it, Paul!

mistakenstrangers
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
The only thing that drives Heineken past the point of being an average beer is their branding, and marketing. Average beer.

steven.lee.jr
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
you made my coachella so much better with this post.

id be honored to buy you said newcastle at some point.