PDA

View Full Version : Joshua Tree - Whose all staying there???

wisconsinboozer
04-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I've seen a thread for this before so im just updating it, yea bitch about it but I want to see if theres going to be anyone there besides the people im camping with.
See ya there, jack daniels and all:D

faxman75
04-23-2007, 02:38 PM
No alcohol in a state park. The rangers will get you.

wisconsinboozer
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
No alcohol in a state park. The rangers will get you.

Any clue if they check up on sites a lot? That really sucks but its not like we arent going to anyways, i just hate worrying

bot73
04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
JT is a National Park, not a state park. There are a few NPS facilities which prohibit alcohol at all, but most of them just prohibit open containers in the visitor's center/fort/historic site building itself.

I have had alcohol in various park campgrounds many, many times, and I've never had a problem. As long as you're not staggering around at 3 in the morning, singing at the top of your lungs, you're not going to have a problem, either. And if you are singing anywhere near my campsite at 3 in the morning, I will get to you before the campground hosts do. ;)

I'm going to be at Cottonwood, where are you folks staying?

wisconsinboozer
04-23-2007, 05:37 PM
JT is a National Park, not a state park. There are a few NPS facilities which prohibit alcohol at all, but most of them just prohibit open containers in the visitor's center/fort/historic site building itself.

I have had alcohol in various park campgrounds many, many times, and I've never had a problem. As long as you're not staggering around at 3 in the morning, singing at the top of your lungs, you're not going to have a problem, either. And if you are singing anywhere near my campsite at 3 in the morning, I will get to you before the campground hosts do. ;)

I'm going to be at Cottonwood, where are you folks staying?

I think cottonwood too, are there usually a lot of people staying there? we're all new to this and kind of want to be around some people here and there. i just hope its not an uptight place

thanks for the info bot

Naproxen
04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
my friends and I are camping there for a week after Coachella (and camping at coachella for the festival) so hopefully there will be other people doing the same we can chill with

wisconsinboozer
04-23-2007, 06:19 PM
a couple of my friends camped there last night and they said that there were a few people getting ready for coachella... so im guessing there will be more to come for next weekend

Mrguy17
04-23-2007, 07:12 PM
i dont have reservations, but i would like to camp out there. does anyone know if the park reserves all the sites, or if they keep a certain number from being reserved for a first-come, first-serve thing?

bot73
04-24-2007, 06:58 AM
No reservations at Cottonwood; all sites (there are 62) are first-come, first-served. I'm going to get there on Wednesday late afternoon. I expect there will still be sites available then. It will almost certainly be full for the weekend, but I have no idea when it will reach capacity.

Each site can hold three tents, six people and two cars.

invisiblerobots
04-24-2007, 07:19 AM
I've seen a thread for this before so im just updating it, yea bitch about it but I want to see if theres going to be anyone there besides the people im camping with.
See ya there, jack daniels and all:D

How are you updating an old thread by starting a new one?

wisconsinboozer
04-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a couple buddies who already stayed there the last 2 nights so our crew is in, hope its a good time and see ya there

INVISIBLEROBOT = REAL LOGIC (lol i dont know how to use the search thing... im not a coachella pro with 800+ posts)

bot73
04-24-2007, 07:22 PM
tell yer friends to scare off some of those rock climbers, will ya? the music fans will need the space! ;)

rachl865
04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey is anyone willing to give my friend and i a ride out to joshua tree on monday maybe??? we would give you many gifts and buy you some food