PDA

View Full Version : Can I bring a walking cane in?

shoveitupmytoolbox
04-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I broke my leg a few weeks ago and am recovering. Can I bring a walking cane or a crutch in with me? Will I need some sort of medical proof or something like a doctors note?

brava
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM
no, they take those away, can be thrown at stages

shoveitupmytoolbox
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
PsychicFriend - can you provide some legit information please...

psychic friend
04-23-2007, 03:29 PM
If you have a legit need bring a legit doctors note.

shoveitupmytoolbox
04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
too late for that...I'm leaving tomorrow for Palm Springs. What if I bring something from the doctor that says I injured my knee. Will the morons on the gates be capable of translating that into the fact that I need a crutch/cane?

faxman75
04-23-2007, 03:39 PM
If you presume they are morons before getting to the gate they are required to presume you are a moron and hit you over the head with your own crutch.

fatbastard
04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Ask your doctor to fax a note to a Kinkos.
http://fotservis.typepad.com/photos/ndia_rajasthan_photo/sitting_with_cane.jpg

DeltaSigChi4
04-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Best thread ever?

E

liquidray
04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
If you have a legit need bring a legit doctors note.
What constitutes a legit note?
I have documentation re: a recent surgery I had, will be wearing a cast and can show fresh scars - do I need a note on a letterhead stating the ACL surgery I had as well? Or is something self evident sufficient?

menikmati
04-25-2007, 05:30 PM
pretty much bring the doctor with you and have him perform surgery right there on the spot...security might understand then

liquidray
04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
pretty much bring the doctor with you and have him perform surgery right there on the spot...security might understand then

given my past experiences with coachella security its not far from the truth... one year I tried bringing my allergy meds in and the a-hole security guard said that unless i paid him $40 he wouldnt let me bring those in - I had to make a stink... I wouldnt be surprised if I had to do the same thing again... btw I already had the surgery (hence the cane) so my doctor wont have anything to operate on - unless he plans on taking the screws out of my knee in front of the guards...

it would be nice if there was a hotline you could call to ask these questions instead of hoping for an answer here.

BeeII
04-26-2007, 06:40 AM
given my past experiences with coachella security its not far from the truth... one year I tried bringing my allergy meds in and the a-hole security guard said that unless i paid him $40 he wouldnt let me bring those in - I had to make a stink... I wouldnt be surprised if I had to do the same thing again... btw I already had the surgery (hence the cane) so my doctor wont have anything to operate on - unless he plans on taking the screws out of my knee in front of the guards...

it would be nice if there was a hotline you could call to ask these questions instead of hoping for an answer here.

you already got an answer, just not the one you were hoping for.

like someone said, call your doc, have him fax a note to kinko's.

gaypalmsprings
04-26-2007, 07:03 AM
http://www.cyberkisses.com/platinum/images/doctort.gif

vegaskristy
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Can I stash a bottle of vodka in your cast??? :) ha ha haha.

invisiblerobots
04-26-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.canedunable.co.uk/images/cu02091.jpg

thaipod
04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Can I bring a walking cane or a crutch in with me? Will I need some sort of medical proof or something like a doctors note?

Make sure you wear a pimp suit with the cane.