PDA

View Full Version : outside food and coolers in the camping area???

soundlevel
04-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok, it says in the camping area FAQ that NO outisde food is allowed, however ppl on here have been talking about coolers.

Can we bring food into the camp area or not? I want to bring a foam cooler full of fruit, water, juice and veggies into my tent. I have no idea if security will take away my food/drinks or not....what is the deal-io here? Are ppl talking about leaving their coolers in their car and going to the parking lot to eat? I am also gonna try and smuggle in some rum in a water bottle...do they check for shit like that? will they just say, oh it's outside water, and take it away from me..??

Also, what is the pat down like? Are they intense, checking your sack like the cops, or is is pretty superficial?

as you can tell, i have never been to Coachella, so i have alot of questions and i am looking to save money...i dont want to get drunk buying every drink at the tent ($$$ !!!)

-Thx.

invisiblerobots
04-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Ok, it says in the camping area FAQ that NO outisde food is allowed, however ppl on here have been talking about coolers.

I think you should go back and read that page again:

* Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping, but unfortunately there will be NO open fires, gas, charcoal, propane or any other cooking devices allowed.

ghettojournalist
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
the "no outside food" line is from the event rules.
no food allowed in the festival gates, but bring food for the campsite.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
they do check for alcohol but if it looks like water they may or may not inspect further. that shit was kind of obnoxious because the camping line would've been 1/2 as long if they weren't checking so thoroughly for alcy. the guy in front of me had a flask in the middle of a rolled-up sleeping bag and the guard found it and threw it away. what a bummer!

but yeah you can bring food and drinks as long as they're not alcohol or don't look like alcohol after a quick search.

ghettojournalist
04-23-2007, 02:05 PM
just reading your post right now, i got a whiff of imaginary alcohol.

Sergio
04-25-2007, 06:52 AM
I was going to fill up my backpack with trail mix and beef jerky and shit like that to munch on throughout the day. Will it be a problem to bring that into the festival?

invisiblerobots
04-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I was going to fill up my backpack with trail mix and beef jerky and shit like that to munch on throughout the day. Will it be a problem to bring that into the festival?

They'll probably make you chuck it all in the trash at the entrance since you're not allowed to bring in food.

Sergio
04-25-2007, 08:43 AM
They'll probably make you chuck it all in the trash at the entrance since you're not allowed to bring in food.

I'll be so fuckn pissed, what a bunch of nazis, forcing me to eat festival food.

invisiblerobots
04-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I'll be so fuckn pissed, what a bunch of nazis, forcing me to eat festival food.

Them's the rules. Most of the food inside is pretty good though.

Radz4
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
and expensive

suprefan
04-25-2007, 09:31 PM
and expensive

ITS GOOD thats the point when you spend a lot of money on food, it has to be good right?

vegaskristy
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Keep in mind... it says no outside food and beverage... but they change the rules about water bottles... daily. Retarded.

invisiblerobots
04-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Keep in mind... it says no outside food and beverage... but they change the rules about water bottles... daily. Retarded.

What's changed?

vegaskristy
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Well... one day I went and they threw out all of my un-opened water bottles, and then on the next day... I was allowed to bring them in. Another time I wasnt checked at all... they just waved me thru. So basically.... the rules change depending on what day, mood of the security at the gate... weather... moon phase.

DondeHayMúsica
04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Good question,,, I was also wondering about all that stuff.

alphakry
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM
If your creative and smart, you can pretty much sneak in anything!

laineinla
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM

i'm just curious, what big festivals (burning man doesn't count) allow you to bring outside food into the concert venue itself? (i'm not being sarcastic, i haven't been lucky/budget-wise enough to put together the $$/have enough vacation time to go to bonnaroo, sxsw, glastonbury, etc etc)...