PDA

View Full Version : explosions in the sky

rkawar
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
so i just have to bring this to everyone's attention:

because of coachella's lineup this year, and the conversations had in the message board about explosions in the sky, i decided to listen to them.

let me just say to all you people looking for bands to get into over the next few months...

explosions in the sky is so god damn good its not fair.
I think by the time coachella rolls around, im gunna be like who the fuck is godspeed? lemme see explosions in the sky!

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Explosions is just amazing... when their songs pickup outta nowhere and you just get blown away... man...

Explosions = Sigur Ros this year

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Explosions is just amazing... when their songs pickup outta nowhere and you just get blown away... man...

Explosions = Sigur Ros this year

Explosions is definitely more comparable to Mogwai...I'm hoping they get the same slot Mogwai did last year.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Explosions is definitely more comparable to Mogwai...I'm hoping they get the same slot Mogwai did last year.
you're right.. they are more comparable musically to mogwai.

what I meant was that they'll probably play sunset and it'll be amazing. BTW I didn't get to catch mogwai last year... how were they?

durrrrrrrrdee
01-24-2007, 11:44 AM
a friend of mine made me a cd of theirs a few years back and their music is just amazing.

york707
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Their new CD is outfuckingstanding.

AEversW
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Explosions in the Sky will steal the weekend.

Alchemy
01-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor are way better than Explosion in the Sky.

But regardless, EITS is going to be amazing.

avonhun
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
based on what i have heard, they are brilliant live as well. i think im looking forward to seeing them more than anyone else.

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 02:38 PM
their new album is decent. However, The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place is fucking incredible.

york707
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Nando, I must respectfully disagree as to the first portion of that statement. I have no disagreements with the second assertion.

activenike
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
explosions in the sky are incredible. i can't wait to see them.

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Explosions is going to be this years mogwai and the AIR of the year before.

Absolutely stellar live band. You can watch their full set at the BE THE RIOTTT! Festival at www.betheriottt.com. You just have to do a quick signup and you are in there. The full rapture set is also available for viewing pleasure.

I put together the festival and I have to say that the audio on the video capture can be a bit better but its still good to watch their full set. They also play two songs off of their new album. Word

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 04:58 PM
i must say that i havent really gotten into the new record. I also wasnt a huge fan of the EP they just released (The Rescue) The other records kicked my ass right off the bat. Im hoping that the new stuff translates well live, which Im sure it will. I think my biggest beef with the new record is with the production. The older stuff just had a nice warmth to it. This new one is very bright and somewhat polished and has them tweaking around with lots of new effects. Im all down for experimentation, but I was a really big fan of the stuff that they were doing as a more stripped down band experimenting with limited equipment (like slapping the pickups with the reverb turned up to emulate those big BOOM sounds)

regardless, if you haven't seen them live, youre in for quite a treat. However, if for whatever reason they are playing at the same time as RATM, Im definitely catching Rage.

kreutz2112
01-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor are way better than Explosion in the Sky.

But regardless, EITS is going to be amazing.

Agreed

bmack86
01-24-2007, 05:21 PM
BTW I didn't get to catch mogwai last year... how were they?

They were amazing. THe better of the two Mogwai shows I've seen. They played off of Young Team and all those sounded absofuckinlutely fantastic

woogie846
01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I hope AIR gets the Sigur Ros slot and Explosions in the Sky gets the Mogwai slot.

thinnerair
01-24-2007, 05:24 PM
i was bummed that we missed Mogwai. We were trying to get a good spot for Massive Attack. What we did catch (I think it was Ratts in the Capital) was absolutely incredible and fuckin' LOUD! I love mogai and it sucked to miss them, but we did get a great spot for Massive Attack set AKA the Tool-fan obstacle course.

seanmiyashiro
01-24-2007, 08:31 PM
GREET DEATH live in SAN FRANCISCO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dBGd9OEVj8

amazing....

watch the full set at www.betheriottt.com

the only moment we are alone was breathtaking

york707
01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Mogwai was great last year. Unfortunately I missed them in the tent in '04... I heard that was even louder because it was in an enclosed space.

Tylerdurden31
01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
IMO, best live EITS song is Memorial, hands down

zAR3Zk39wlk

seanmiyashiro
01-25-2007, 09:02 AM
memorial is amazing especially live when they beat their guitars to oblivion.

you can watch them play memorial live here www.betheriottt.com and its titled "scene 3". Its folllowed by The Only Moment We Were Alone

You can watch Greet Death here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dBGd9OEVj8

Definitely go to betheriottt.com and watch their full set. They were awesome

thinnerair
01-25-2007, 11:20 AM
wow. way to plug your site about 200 times in one thread. give it a rest, cheeks.

fober
01-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I think by the time coachella rolls around, im gunna be like who the fuck is godspeed?

Woooooooooooooah there buddy.

Let's not get all crazy in the mothertrucker.

kaeso
01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
what do they play live mostly

york707
01-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Mostly guitars and drums and bass.

PatMcCrouch
01-26-2007, 11:41 AM
so i just have to bring this to everyone's attention:

because of coachella's lineup this year, and the conversations had in the message board about explosions in the sky, i decided to listen to them.

let me just say to all you people looking for bands to get into over the next few months...

explosions in the sky is so god damn good its not fair.
I think by the time coachella rolls around, im gunna be like who the fuck is godspeed? lemme see explosions in the sky!

Yes indeed another good band to add to the list of day 3, you should check out rodrigo y maria as well, f*cking crazy! LIKE MIND BLOWING!

bmack86
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey, i heard they played Be The Riotttttttt!!!! fest. I hear we should all go to the website and jack it to the video! It'll be awesome!

NeverMyopic
01-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Mogwai was great last year. Unfortunately I missed them in the tent in '04... I heard that was even louder because it was in an enclosed space.

04 in the tent was very loud, but I thought the sound was great. They put on a kick-ass show. I missed them last year, but I don't remember why.

Explosions in the sky will be awesome live, I am looking forward to them.