PDA

View Full Version : sleep in cars?

thevoice
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
this is my first year going and i dont know alot of stuff. so can we sleep in our cars?

bartelby
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
no...

its the desert anyways - you'd begin to cook by 5AM

thevoice
01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
lol, thanks anyway

durrrrrrrrdee
01-24-2007, 10:45 AM
its against the law in CA to sleep in your car and if caught youll get a ticket.

i slept in my car with 2 others in 2005. it actually doesnt get too hot and in the morning you just drive down to the warehouse district and find a hose to shower with. if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night is the only downfall. it was DEFINATELY an experience.

comedeysal
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
its against the law in CA to sleep in your car and if caught youll get a ticket.

now i think the real qustion is, will the ticket(s) be a great or lesser price than paying for a hotel during the deserts busiest weekend? followed up by, is it a ticket per person in the car or is the owner of the car the only one to get the fine? and one more, how many times can you get fined before they throw you behind bars?

in order to break the law efficiently, one must know the law. im looking at this from an economical stand point.

dekr510
01-24-2007, 08:45 PM
now i think the real qustion is, will the ticket(s) be a great or lesser price than paying for a hotel during the deserts busiest weekend? followed up by, is it a ticket per person in the car or is the owner of the car the only one to get the fine? and one more, how many times can you get fined before they throw you behind bars?

in order to break the law efficiently, one must know the law. im looking at this from an economical stand point.

why not just camp? you might end up spending more on a ticket by the cops than actually buying the camping ticket.