PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan at Coachella!

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Famous antiwar activist and perpetual thorn in the side of the Iraq War Cindy Sheehan will be at this years Coachella. As a fervent antiwar person, this is great news but I do not know what she will be doing there. Maybe Rage will have her come up on stage. It is in today's Desert Sun, the newspaper for the Coachella Valley. http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704220328

arbouler
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
link doesnt work

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I fixed the link! I also hope that those few remaining Iraq war supporters listen to what she has to say if she speaks at Coachella or if she is at one of the booths.

vinylmartyr
04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
i'm dumb

bballarl
04-22-2007, 06:38 PM
She is lame anyway.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Why is she lame? She is trying to stop an immoral undeclared war where Americans and others are dying for no good reason. She lost her son in that war and she does not want to see others die unnecessarily.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Maybe Cindy Sheehan will be doing a spoken word in the Gobi Tent. She could gain thousands of followers just be speaking at Coachella.

vinylmartyr
04-22-2007, 06:44 PM
we need a cindy seal.

DeltaSigChi4
04-22-2007, 06:45 PM
http://www.meaus.com/109-cindy-sheehan.JPEG
American Hero.

E

AEversW
04-22-2007, 06:46 PM
what makes you think she'll gain thousands of followers? She's like a broken record. We all know it was a bad idea to go into Iraq and its just a war for money. I really hope she doesn't think her appearance will change anything because honestly i feel bad for the woman, I honestly think shes lost her mind.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
She is a hero. She is willing to get arrested and incur huge legal bills to stop this stupid war.

AEversW
04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
i doubt she pays her legal bills. Im sure moveon.org or some anti-war group pays or at least helps pay them.

PlayaDelWes
04-22-2007, 06:48 PM
There are a lot of great causes and / or protests out there, but I don't see anyone else boasting they are going to be at Coachella. I don't mind freedom of speech. I can deal with t-shirts with messages, etc..., but if I pay $300+ for a festival, there’s an expectation that I don’t have people like Cindy bushing their agendas down my throat. I’m there to enjoy the music, and chill with cool people; nothing else. There is nothing special about her cause over anyone elses. Hopefully she's there to do nothing more than listen to the music; but I doubt it.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Even if there is a legal defense fund, she is still giving her life for a cause she believes in and is honoring her son's memory at the same time.

bballarl
04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
what makes you think she'll gain thousands of followers? She's like a broken record. We all know it was a bad idea to go into Iraq and its just a war for money. I really hope she doesn't think her appearance will change anything because honestly i feel bad for the woman, I honestly think shes lost her mind.

She has lost her mind. I don't think she has really grieved.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I am sure she has grieved and is going by Kubler Ross's 5 stages of dying. However, her son died suddenly at a young age. A child dying before a parent is awful. Also, there is ALWAYS politics and causes at Coachella. Rage will get political, just as the Beastie Boys did in 2003 and Saul Williams did in 2004.Young people are in Iraq and Afghanistan and anyway to stop the carnage should be welcomed, even if it brings in politics to our precious Coachella Festival.

AEversW
04-22-2007, 06:55 PM
anything thats said about the war or the white house at coachella means nothing. It won't change anything. Voting however does. But even the Democrats are too scared to end the war. To busy worrying about not looking unamerican.

bballarl
04-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Her son died suddenly at a young age and she began this crusade. It's like she snapped, is unwilling to really acknowledge and deal with his death, and is instead occupying herself with this ever-continuing funfest.

But she has a right to do so, and that is fine.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I wish the Democrats would cut off all funding for the war. Groups like the Progressive Democrats of America are trying to do that. Unfortunately, more conservative Democratic groups like the Democratic Leadership Council and the Blue Dogs are pushing the Democratic politicians to NOT end the war. Connecticut senator Joseph Lieberman is a DINO (Democrat in Name Only).

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
if she is allowed to bring even one sign into the venue, im going to be fucking pissed...

kroqken
04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Also, CIndy Sheehan is not a Democratic apologist. She wrote an article in the newest issue of The Progressive Magazine that she will not support Hillary Clinton or any other Democratic candidate for president unless they are unequivocably against the war and want it to end NOW (Not an 18 month timetable).

bballarl
04-22-2007, 07:04 PM
She has lost it. She needs a cathartic moment.

hangthedj112
04-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I heard she's planning to crowd surf during Rage's set.

AEversW
04-22-2007, 07:09 PM
if she is allowed to bring even one sign into the venue, im going to be fucking pissed...

me too...if that happens we should invite those "god hates fags" people too. That would an epic battle to the death.

Doors2time
04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
If she trys to crowd surf I will drop her crazy ass.

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 07:15 PM
well theres that, but i was really hoping to sport my "the end is near..." sandwich board...

fober
04-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I am soooooooo throwing something at her.

hangthedj112
04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
well theres that, but i was really hoping to sport my "the end is near..." sandwhich board...

Oh man, I love those people. They're an integral part of the festival experience imo.

kroqken
04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
It is fine to disagree with her, but throwing things is stupid. She lost a son so that is what guides her politically.

fober
04-22-2007, 07:26 PM
It is fine to disagree with her, but throwing things is stupid.

Fine then, when she's on stage I'll just yell "SHOW US YOUR TITS!"

DeltaSigChi4
04-22-2007, 07:45 PM
It's funny to see all of the closet [and uncloseted] neo-con neo-Nazis come out of the woodworks.

All cowards. Chickenhawk coward bitches that haven't served a single day in the "war on terror". You know who you are ...

barl, evers, nipples, etc, et al.

E

kroqken
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope that Cindy Sheehan at Coachella will spark more attention about how there is a war going on halfway around the world that needs to be stopped.

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 08:00 PM
barl, evers, nipples, etc, et al.

E

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!???...

bballarl
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!???...

Everything E says is a joke. Who cares.

gaypalmsprings
04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
http://www.wheretheguysare.com/humor/images/GW_to_Cindy.jpg

worldwide2020
04-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope that Cindy Sheehan at Coachella will spark more attention about how there is a war going on halfway around the world that needs to be stopped.

Very true. Even though something about her rubs me the wrong way.

I hope (but am also pretty sure) that everyone realizes that we are very lucky to be at Coachella while hundreds of people are dying there every day.

AEversW
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
he visit to coachella would be pointless. She'd pretty much be preaching to the choir. Plus I still think she lost her mind after her son's death. That or she's using his death to push her agenda which would be very sad and pathetic.

Monroe
04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
but if I pay $300+ for a festival, there’s an expectation that I don’t have people like Cindy bushing their agendas down my throat. I’m there to enjoy the music, and chill with cool people; nothing else

Yeah, let's not interrupt anyone's unadulterated hedonism with the reminder that people like Cindy Sheehan's son and thousands of others are dying in order to support that hedonism. Hell, you paid $300 whole dollars. Why should you have to be bothered by any tiny scrap of awareness that it is our collective gluttony for oil that feeds all this? You say this as if paying $300 actually constituted some sort of sacrifice. You have no idea what sacrifice is.

Oh, and screw the 1st Amendment, too. Tools.

PlayaDelWes
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Very true. Even though something about her rubs me the wrong way.

I hope (but am also pretty sure) that everyone realizes that we are very lucky to be at Coachella while hundreds of people are dying there every day.

What about global warming? We are going to be complaining about 92 degree heat while the world is baking. There are hundreds of causes; just not a Coachella please.

sacleonard
04-22-2007, 09:50 PM
She lost a son so that is what guides her politically.

Not true... those are mutually exclusive things. She lost a son, but she was already driven politically... she just uses her son's death as a tactic, which I find sad and pathetic.

Her son freely enlisted in the armed forces, and whether you agree with the war or not, he died carrying out the mission that was assigned to him. I don't agree with the war, but her tactics anger as many as they inspire.

PlayaDelWes
04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Not true... those are mutually exclusive things. She lost a son, but she was already driven politically... she just uses her son's death as a tactic, which I find sad and pathetic.

Her son freely enlisted in the armed forces, and whether you agree with the war or not, he died carrying out the mission that was assigned to him. I don't agree with the war, but her tactics anger as many as they inspire.

Agreed...mutually exclusive.

1. Why didn't she protest so loudly when her son joined the armed forces?

2. Why didn't she protest so loudly when he was sent abroad?

Clearly she's exploiting her sons death. If he only knew...

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh, and screw the 1st Amendment, too. Tools.

i could give 2 what shes protesting for, the fact is that if i cant bring my sandwich board into the venue, she sure as fuck shouldnt be able to bring her signs in just because shes cindy fucking sheehan...

AEversW
04-22-2007, 09:59 PM
i could give 2 what shes protesting for, the fact is that if i cant bring my sandwhich board into the venue, she sure as fuck shouldnt be able to bring her signs in just because shes cindy fucking sheehan...

thats my new sig.

AEversW
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
and its very true.

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 10:00 PM
wait i spelled sandwich wrong...

AEversW
04-22-2007, 10:02 PM
it gives it a unique...wrongness?

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
keep it as is. keep it in the moment when just 2 minutes ago, for 21 years before that, i spelled sandwich with an H...

Monroe
04-22-2007, 10:06 PM

You have no way of knowing either in what manner or how loudly she protested when her son enlisted - noone would have paid any attention before her son died. Also, intelligent people can change their opinions or have their existing opinions strengthened as facts and/or events change. That hardly constitutes exploitation.

Alchemy
04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Why didn't they get Noam Chomsky?

This lady sounds weak sauce.

Monroe
04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
i could give 2 what shes protesting for, the fact is that if i cant bring my sandwhich board into the venue, she sure as fuck shouldnt be able to bring her signs in just because shes cindy fucking sheehan...

Are you going to be equally pissed when you can't get on stage with your sandwich board, and Rage gets to be on stage with their political agenda, just because they're Rage Against the Fucking Machine?

bballarl
04-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I believe they're just called Rage Against the Machine.

Monroe
04-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I believe they're just called Rage Against the Machine.

I know. It's a literary device, using the same language for Rage Against the Machine as Nipples used for Cindy Sheehan in order to make the comparison.

Although I would be willing to bet Rage actually considers it the Fucking Machine. That's just not a marketable band name, though.

bballarl
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Joke.

Mr.Nipples
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Are you going to be equally pissed when you can't get on stage with your sandwich board, and Rage gets to be on stage with their political agenda, just because they're Rage Against the Fucking Machine?

no...not really...

HowToDisappear
04-22-2007, 10:35 PM
he visit to coachella would be pointless. She'd pretty much be preaching to the choir. Plus I still think she lost her mind after her son's death. That or she's using his death to push her agenda which would be very sad and pathetic.

How so? In what way does her campaign differ from John Walsh starting the Adam Walsh Center, testifying before Congress, pushing legislation for missing and exploited children, producing/hosting America's Most Wanted? Is his agenda somehow more valid than hers?

What about the legions of parents who lose a child to disease? They also start foundations, testify before Congress, garner publicity/funds in an effort to save the lives of other children and spare other parents from the devastation they themselves are experiencing. For some it's the only way they can cope with the loss.

She has lost her mind. I don't think she has really grieved.

This offends me. Deeply.

Adrian...Andrew...you're both very young. That's all I will say.

You have no way of knowing either in what manner or how loudly she protested when her son enlisted - noone would have paid any attention before her son died. Also, intelligent people can change their opinions or have their existing opinions strengthened as facts and/or events change. That hardly constitutes exploitation.

Agreed.

Monroe
04-22-2007, 10:41 PM

no...not really...

So then, you're bothered by what she is protesting about, or maybe you just don't like her, and it's not really about equal rights for you and your sandwich board.

bballarl
04-22-2007, 11:07 PM
This offends me. Deeply.

I will acknowledge that I won't be able to even contemplate the degree of the pain I would feel if I lost my child until I am a parent (obviously). But every time I see coverage of Cindy Sheehan, I get the impression that something has snapped in her head. I'm not saying what she is doing is invalid. But I'm sorry for offending you.

SubBass49
04-23-2007, 07:33 AM
How so? In what way does her campaign differ from John Walsh starting the Adam Walsh Center, testifying before Congress, pushing legislation for missing and exploited children, producing/hosting America's Most Wanted? Is his agenda somehow more valid than hers?

What about the legions of parents who lose a child to disease? They also start foundations, testify before Congress, garner publicity/funds in an effort to save the lives of other children and spare other parents from the devastation they themselves are experiencing. For some it's the only way they can cope with the loss.

GREAT point...

joppy-slow
04-23-2007, 07:43 AM

This offends me. Deeply.

Agreed.

da der der.. kids don't choose to have diseases, nor be kidnapped.. but kids choose to be in the Army and die doing their job..
Cindy Sheehan does not need to be at Coachella.. maybe in the parking lot.. Everyone knows the Iraq war is a travesty and Bush is a tard, but this is 3 days that i wish we could just listen to some music and rock out.. not rock the vote or rock for iraq or rock the bush..

TomAz
04-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Agreed...mutually exclusive.

what time does Rush Limbaugh come on where you live?

have you ever had an original thought? or do you just parrot propaganda? you dumb fuck.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm all for saying fuck the government, actually i'll be the first one to burn a flag but I really hope that this doesnt become a political event.....

SubBass49
04-23-2007, 07:47 AM
da der der.. kids don't choose to have diseases, nor be kidnapped.. but kids choose to be in the Army and die doing their job..
Cindy Sheehan does not need to be at Coachella.. maybe in the parking lot.. Everyone knows the Iraq war is a travesty and Bush is a tard, but this is 3 days that i wish we could just listen to some music and rock out.. not rock the vote or rock for iraq or rock the bush..

Oh no!!! Can't be doing any THINKING this weekend...god forbid!

amyzzz
04-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, her kid chose to be in the military. She didn't choose that for him. I'm for her being there. Until you all have kids like I do, I don't think your opinion about losing a child is valid.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 07:51 AM
You kindda know what you get yourself into when you join the army though. Thats what I dont get about her protest the war because its wrong, not because your son died there.....

TomAz
04-23-2007, 08:03 AM
You kindda know what you get yourself into when you join the army though. Thats what I dont get about her protest the war because its wrong, not because your son died there.....

perhaps I can explain it to you. Lots of people joined the military following 9/11 out of desire to serve their country in its time of need. Instead, they found themselves shipped to a stupid war that has nothing to do with terrorism.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 08:09 AM
perhaps I can explain it to you. Lots of people joined the military following 9/11 out of desire to serve their country in its time of need. Instead, they found themselves shipped to a stupid war that has nothing to do with terrorism.

Thats true but when you join you know that that is a possability.. I mean America generally gets its self involved in stupid things. And you would be pretty ignorant to of not of been able to figure out that we were going to use the "War on Terrorism" to go into Iraq.

Yablonowitz
04-23-2007, 08:09 AM
She's getting a major high-five from me if I see her.

wmgaretjax
04-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Thats true but when you join you know that that is a possability.. I mean America generally gets its self involved in stupid things. And you would be pretty ignorant to of not of been able to figure out that we were going to use the "War on Terrorism" to go into Iraq.

you should talk to a military recruiter sometime, and then come back and tell me that you don't think kids can be deceived into signing up and not understand the full implications of it.

I spend several months working in counter-recruitment at local high schools and it is obscene what these assholes will try to do to get kids enlisted.

joppy-slow
04-23-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.meaus.com/109-cindy-sheehan.JPEG
American Hero.

E

ha ha ha.. she likes Lennon and the American Flag...wer not gonna take it.. no we aint gonna take.....wer not gonna take it anymore....da der der..

joppy-slow
04-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh no!!! Can't be doing any THINKING this weekend...god forbid!

yeah.. Cindy is going to make me think real hard...
I would listen to her in the parking lot, just to see what she has to say for about 30 seconds.. but not inside the gates..

TomAz
04-23-2007, 08:33 AM

that doesn't make any sense, in the context in which you are making your argument. Just because the US has a tendency to do stupid things with its military doesn't mean you give up your democratic right to protest those stupid things when you or a family member has enlisted.

PlayaDelWes
04-23-2007, 08:34 AM
you should talk to a military recruiter sometime, and then come back and tell me that you don't think kids can be deceived into signing up and not understand the full implications of it.

I spend several months working in counter-recruitment at local high schools and it is obscene what these assholes will try to do to get kids enlisted.

Then why isn't she more clear in her protest that she's protesting the misleading tactics used by military recruiters that recruited her son?

TomAz
04-23-2007, 08:36 AM
we have a surplus of people unable to think on the boards this morning.

she's protesting a stupid war. she's protesting the government's decision to enter into the stupid war. she's protesting that her son died fighting a stupid war. Which part of 'stupid' do you not get?

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 08:38 AM

Thats true, thats really true, however before making such a huge decision that can effect your life people should do research and look into things esspecialy when it comes to such a life altering decision. People join the military out of desperation or they are trying to emulate someone in their life. I just found this out but did you know the military doesnt recruite out of upperclass neigborhoods? Places like La Jolla dont have a recrutment office, Encinitas, La Costa, I think that the targeting of lower class people needs to be changed.

PlayaDelWes
04-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Thats true, thats really true, however before making such a huge decision that can effect your life people should do research and look into things esspecialy when it comes to such a life altering decision. People join the military out of desperation or they are trying to emulate someone in their life. I just found this out but did you know the military doesnt recruite out of upperclass neigborhoods? Places like La Jolla dont have a recrutment office, Encinitas, La Costa, I think that the targeting of lower class people needs to be changed.

Jamul, Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside, Encanto, Chula Vista, Spring Valley and Paradise Hills? I'm thinking yes, they are recruiting targets...

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 08:44 AM
that doesn't make any sense, in the context in which you are making your argument. Just because the US has a tendency to do stupid things with its military doesn't mean you give up your democratic right to protest those stupid things when you or a family member has enlisted.

Thats true but when you drink and drive and kill somone you dont go out and join MADD. She supported her son in going into the army there are articles on that, but she cant cope with her sons death so she is protesting the war (she supported the war pryer to her son being killed and you can read about that also) You cant stand for somthing then because you loose somthing out of it flip your opinion and be against it so raddicly...

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Jamul, Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside, Encanto, Chula Vista, Spring Valley and Paradise Hills? I'm thinking yes, they are recruiting targets...

I aggree with you. Recruting out of lowere class places is wrong and gives people the wrong impression. Why dont colleges recruit out of those places? Why arent there recruters on Torrey Pines hs, or La Costa Canyon?

TomAz
04-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Thats true but when you drink and drive and kill somone you dont go out and join MADD. She supported her son in going into the army there are articles on that, but she cant cope with her sons death so she is protesting the war (she supported the war pryer to her son being killed and you can read about that also) You cant stand for somthing then because you loose somthing out of it flip your opinion and be against it so raddicly...

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here. A brick wall that can't spell worth a damn.

Yablonowitz
04-23-2007, 08:54 AM

That will continue. The volunteer army system is based on providing incentives to enlistees who have limited options come the end of high school. That's why there aren't many congressional members with kids in the military. If you're rich or even fairly well off in the middle income bracket - there's no reason to join the military.

Yablonowitz
04-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Thats true but when you drink and drive and kill somone you dont go out and join MADD.

That has to be one of the worst analogies I've ever read.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
That has to be one of the worst analogies I've ever read.

Its all I could think of..

ghettojournalist
04-23-2007, 10:04 AM
i don't know.
it's very "preaching-to-the-choir" if any political act plans to make a change at Coachella.
if she has the viewpoint of exposure as the change factor, than i can see it happening, but, dependent on where and when, the political could get in the way.
no one wants a replay of the flaming lips in 04 and this is not lollapalooza.

TomAz
04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Actually I would love a replay of FL 04. woohoo.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Kj3AbdFkVx4

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
OYt276R4DC4

This is going to be like a high school school assembly. Wack.

Yablonowitz
04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
i don't know.
it's very "preaching-to-the-choir" if any political act plans to make a change at Coachella.
if she has the viewpoint of exposure as the change factor, than i can see it happening, but, dependent on where and when, the political could get in the way.
no one wants a replay of the flaming lips in 04 and this is not lollapalooza.

I think RATM is going to have her up there on stage and she'll sing one of their songs and kick it and fuck up the man and his power structure like jitty wack. It's going to be doptastic!

TomAz
04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I bet Cindy sweats a lot. its' gonna be damned hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

caco0283
04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I aggree with you. Recruting out of lowere class places is wrong and gives people the wrong impression. Why dont colleges recruit out of those places? Why arent there recruters on Torrey Pines hs, or La Costa Canyon?

white people are so cute

kreutz2112
04-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I bet Cindy sweats a lot. its' gonna be damned hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Cindy sweating is making me hot...

kroqken
04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
She has every right to be there. Protest and dissent is patriotic. Also, many Coachella attendees are intelligent and can handle politics at a music and arts festival.

caco0283
04-23-2007, 11:44 AM
She has every right to be there. Protest and dissent is patriotic. Also, many Coachella attendees are intelligent and can handle politics at a music and arts festival.

blah blah blah.....i just dont want to be bored like i was during flamming lips

kroqken
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Saving lives from unnecessary carnage is not boring, it is VITAL!

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Why couldn't Coachella get Jack Baur to speak?

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/tv/24-2.jpg

SubBass49
04-23-2007, 01:49 PM
blah blah blah.....i just dont want to be bored like i was during flamming lips

Flaming Lips was some douchebag fulfilling his fantasy of running around in a giant hamster ball wasnt it? This is a bit different....

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I thought the Flaming Lips were good at Coachella 2004, I just wish they had played more than four or five songs. However, if a musician has something political to say, that is cool because they have the ability to generate attention to whatever their cause is. I love when Sean Penn disses the Bush Administration. I hope Cindy Sheehan does something really inspiring and controversial at Coachella.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I also hope Cindy Sheehan brings security to Coachella. There are some "red- state haters" who will likely be in attendence.

dwdw1212
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Famous antiwar activist and perpetual thorn in the side of the Iraq War Cindy Sheehan will be at this years Coachella. As a fervent antiwar person, this is great news but I do not know what she will be doing there. Maybe Rage will have her come up on stage. It is in today's Desert Sun, the newspaper for the Coachella Valley. http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704220328

CINDY SHEEHAN is a HYPACRIT. She has abandoned BOTH of her sons and she has betrayed her country. She took the VA money for a headstone for her sons grave, and then NEVER put any marker on his grave.

She's a disgrace. And a dunce.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:29 PM
How did she abandon her sons. The only turmoil I heard about her personal life after her son's death was that she and her husband got a divorce. That is understandable because losing a child can create such stress that some families will break apart while others will still stand together.

TomAz
04-23-2007, 02:35 PM
CINDY SHEEHAN is a HYPACRIT. She has abandoned BOTH of her sons and she has betrayed her country. She took the VA money for a headstone for her sons grave, and then NEVER put any marker on his grave.

She's a disgrace. And a dunce.

You dumb fuck. You sad poor disgusting dumb fuck. You are a tool of the propagandists and you don't even have the wherewithal to understand what I mean by that statement.

In case you're curious about the facts, read this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/sheehangrave.asp

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM
So Sheehan had to pay for the tombstone herself. So much for the assistance of the VA.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:46 PM
I also challenge dwdw1212 to approach Cindy Sheehan at Coachella and tell her to her face that she is a hypocrite and abandoned her sons.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I also love how in the other Sheehan bashing thread, the haters of Sheehan are resorting to bashing people like Jesse Jackson. Sheehan is her own person and is not a puppet for any other person or organization. Why are people so offended that someone they disagree with will be at Coachella. there will be tens of thousands of people at Coachella every day. They will not all agree with each other on any issue. If Sheehan wants to spread her message at Coachella, she should be welcomed, not scorned.

TomAz
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I also challenge dwdw1212 to approach Cindy Sheehan at Coachella and tell her to her face that she is a hypocrite and abandoned her sons.

c'mon ken. that's not what he said.

he said she's a hypacrit

that's not the same as a hypocrite

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Well I guess some people cannot spell.

dwdw1212
04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I am anti-war, , , but I'm also anti-Cindy Sheehan.
I'm going to throw at her too.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Maybe Psychic Friend knows what Sheehan will be doing at Coachella. It is amazing how polarizing she is. I was just pointing out that she was coming based on an article from the Desert Sun newspaper.

gaypalmsprings
04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
PF said on chat last night that Cindy was not invited to Coachella. I guess that means Cindy invited herself.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 03:23 PM
PF said on chat last night that Cindy was not invited to Coachella. I guess that means Cindy invited herself.

Maybe she won't have a stage then. She'll be running around on the grounds yelling things?

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I am sure she is there for a reason. She wants to get the word out. Also, she may like some of the bands there. I am surprised she is not stopping by the California Democratic Convention which is being held the same weekend as Coachella or the book fair taking place that weekend at UCLA.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
The CDC and the book fair don't have Bjork, that's why.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I did not know that Bjork was that political. The Desert Sun article does not say which day or days that Sheehan wil be attending Coachella.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I did not know that Bjork was that political. The Desert Sun article does not say which day or days that Sheehan wil be attending Coachella.

Who said anything about Bjork being political? If I said George W. Bush eats pancakes, does that mean your breakfast might be starting a war?

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Touche', maybe Sheehan simply likes Bjork's music.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Touche', maybe Sheehan simply likes Bjork's music.

Maybe, but then again, I guess a political band would be more of a motive.

Rage?

kroqken
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I think the Good, the Bad & the Queen have been political, so they may bring her up on stage.

gaypalmsprings
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
The Desert Sun article does not say which day or days that Sheehan wil be attending Coachella.

"Swann said Sheehan will be at the Coachella Arts and Music Festival in Indio on Sunday, with more details to come."

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I think the Good, the Bad & the Queen have been political, so they may bring her up on stage.

I hope not. No offense to Cindy. They are the band I want to see the most.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
It was just a guess. If she is there on Sunday, obviously Rage is lkely to be behind it. I bet she will get a rousing reception if she appears onstage.

Alchemy
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM
It was just a guess. If she is there on Sunday, obviously Rage is lkely to be behind it. I bet she will get a rousing reception if she appears onstage.

I suppose Rage always made the most sense.

kroqken
04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Now I sort of want to see Rage because of the Sheehan factor, but I just cannot stomach their music. I am still waiting for the set times.

kroqken
04-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I wonder know if SHeehan has been told about all of this message board controversy.

SubBass49
04-24-2007, 09:59 AM
if she's aware of it, expect her to have bodyguards. Some of these people are nuts...

canexplain
04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/mar2007/20070325_benjamin-sebban-funeral.pdf

check out this site .... makes me sick .... cr******

full on idle
04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
didn't you start a whole thread about how you were leaving the board cr****? Can't do it can you. It's a trap this place.

algunz
04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
cr**** is just here for the music game.

Yablonowitz
04-24-2007, 10:24 AM
didn't you start a whole thread about how you were leaving the board cr****? Can't do it can you. It's a trap this place.

That's it. I'm leaving.

full on idle
04-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Sit.

Stay.

kroqken
04-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I hope Sheehan gets a discount at the food court. Nobody better spit in her food or I will kick the cook's ass!

TomAz
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM

http://www.nndb.com/people/879/000027798/simon-cowell.jpg

kroqken
04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I douby Simon Cowell knows who Sheehan is.

TomAz
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey Ken, let's make a deal. Here's my proposal.

You don't post your nonsense in response to my posts, which you never seem to 'get', but rather you just muck up with your drivel

and in exchange

I won't point out every time you're a dumbass.

Deal?

canexplain
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM

yep i am a turkey, the plan was to just hit bonnaroo and wakarusa, but then i wonder what people are saying here ... this board is much more interesting then most boards lol .. cr****

fober
04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I douby

haha You douby

You doooooooooooooby.

You should upload that video to YouDoub.

How much doub would a youdoub doub if a youdoub could doub you.

J~$$$
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
BqHwQYC2haQ

thaipod
04-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I bet she gives good head.

Yablonowitz
04-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey Ken, let's make a deal. Here's my proposal.

You don't post your nonsense in response to my posts, which you never seem to 'get', but rather you just muck up with your drivel

and in exchange

I won't point out every time you're a dumbass.

Deal?

Can you make me a deal? Can you explain what Simon Crowell has to do with Valarie's post? I guess your photo humor is too sophisticated for my comprehension.

TomAz
04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Can you make me a deal? Can you explain what Simon Crowell has to do with Valarie's post? I guess your photo humor is too sophisticated for my comprehension.

they are both mean, but popular anyway.

full on idle
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I didn't even say anything mean, you cow copulator.

jessi
04-24-2007, 05:04 PM
I bet she gives good head.

HHAHAHAHAHA you're funny

joppy-slow
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
HHAHAHAHAHA you're funny

HHAHAHAHAHA you're funny

Sigmabass
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
HHAHAHAHAHA you're funny

LOL!

TomAz
04-25-2007, 06:06 AM
I didn't even say anything mean, you cow copulator.

you played the "I thought you said you were leaving" card on Ron. CR's such an easy going and well-intentioned fellow that I think he's entitled to a free pass now and then.

and who told you about the cows? sheesh I can't trust anyone anymore.

gaypalmsprings
04-25-2007, 06:10 AM
http://zarkle.com/funny/images/Sign.jpg

Yablonowitz
04-25-2007, 06:58 AM
you played the "I thought you said you were leaving" card on Ron. CR's such an easy going and well-intentioned fellow that I think he's entitled to a free pass now and then.

I'm here to officially remove your rights to post photos after posts. I'm charging you with the crime of disturbing my peace of mind. Oh, and I'll need your mephistos too.

TomAz
04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm here to officially remove your rights to post photos after posts. I'm charging you with the crime of disturbing my peace of mind. Oh, and I'll need your mephistos too.

it was you wasn't it. dammit i thought that cow thing was our little secret.

Yablonowitz
04-25-2007, 08:06 AM
it was you wasn't it. dammit i thought that cow thing was our little secret.

You KNOW I'm a goat man. Cows are gross.

full on idle
04-25-2007, 08:17 AM

Right. And then I did the old "butchacan'tcauseyouloveitlikewealldoamiritenudgenu dge!!!!11" to keep it friendly.

You need to back of my grill boss, I remember a time when you weren't such a commie sap.

Gloria
04-25-2007, 08:26 AM
Its too bad that there has to be such an intermarriage between politics and music. Did they ever think that sometimes we go to these music festivals to escape from the world for that small, precious time?

kroqken
04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I do not post drivel, I just am a God damn independent. I post whatever is on my mind, whether it is popular or not. Iconoclasts are American.

PotVsKtl
04-25-2007, 11:58 AM
http://www.targetofopportunity.com/sheehan_with_sharpton_wide.jpg

bballarl
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Has Cindy Sheehan gone to the little war memorial by the BART station in Lafayette? Cause that is what that picture looks like.

psycobetabuckdown
04-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Has Cindy Sheehan gone to the little war memorial by the BART station in Lafayette? Cause that is what that picture looks like.

Haha word.

TomAz
04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I do not post drivel, I just am a God damn independent. I post whatever is on my mind, whether it is popular or not. Iconoclasts are American.

You missed my point. Which is actually kinda funny, because my original post where I offered you the deal was, that you always miss my point. I'm not talking about your politics, I'm talking about your reading comprehension.

kroqken
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I think my reading comprehension level is just fine. I had a twelfth grade reading level in 6th grade.

kroqken
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Did anyone see or run into Sheehan at this years Coachella? I never found her.