PDA

View Full Version : Woodstock 99 yea haaaaaaaaaaaaa

canexplain
01-24-2007, 09:08 AM
hey it seems like anything that goes is posted here, so I thought I would throw in a new thread for us Woodstock 99 gang since there seems to be a lot of people that went there .... I have been to quite a few festivals, the roo, Coachella, vegoose, Wakarusa and 10x's that in one or two day festivals (lollapalooza, ozz fest, the bridge benefit, etc) but one that always stays in my mind is WS 99 ... I went to the original WS (now that was fun and memorable also ) (missed the middle one with Trent) and there is no festival that was worse then WS 99 .... 12 buck burritos, 4 buck water, 3 days on the tarmac of the air force base in blazing heat, the riots of course and the burning of semi's and vendor booths ... took hours and hours to get into (never tried to leave except when it was over) .... didn't notice cops too much on the inside but they were all over the outside .... boy did it suck ... and one of the best times I have ever had .... I forget the exact order, but it was like bisket, then someone, then rage, and all hell broke loose by then .... I was about halfway back in the middle of the bowl, and talk about memories of that time .... remember the pee lake, also known as the f..... lake, the reported rapes ... the crowding ... now that's what makes a time you cant forget .... sure Coachella is near perfect in some respects, if you want to go to Disneyland but for times you wont soon forget, WS 1, and WS 99 was off the hook ... here is a pic (not from there) and I still wear my t from the show .... I have quite a few crowd pics, the fences being torn down, the fires and such, but they are all on old style film .... grrrrrrrrr if there are any old souls from those shows, let us know some of your good and bad times there ..... cr******

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/aol_tookmypicture.jpg

bug on your lip
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
C***ron

i heart you

ocpathfinder
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
c***ron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1VLAei00I0)

psychic friend
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
i heart ron too

canexplain
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM
tnx .... yep with Korn, Bizkit, Metallica, RHCP, and RATM, you just knew it was going to be trouble ....and there was, but no one died that i remember ... two other shows i went to, that happened, so who knows .... (WS1 and Altamont) ....to say a day a day in a life is sort of flippant ...that whole festival got off to a bad start because i had just flown in from a show in the bay area, back to denver, and i was going to hook up a ride with some dudes from the left coast, but the plane got in late so i missed them ... well i actually didnt miss them because i hitch hiked a ride from denver to chicago where i met them ...(that was only in 1999 but not sure if i would hitch that far again). they were so funny ... 3 dudes from Compton, 20, 20 , and 21 i think and they had never been outside of LA metro ...on our drive we had to stop and take a pic of every damn barn we passed, cows too lol ... i posted this on another thread, everyone over the pond, going to glastonbury sp, are all jacked up for coachella lol ... i went thru all the other fests on the boards over there, and i like to think i know music pretty well, but yikes, there were pages of groups i have never heard of at all .... strange place that england ... colorado ron *******

dorkfish
01-24-2007, 11:04 PM
you're a fire causing rapist

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
These videos are great. Especially Creed.

E

fober
02-09-2007, 11:48 AM
White people are crazy.

Boourns
02-09-2007, 12:08 PM
This is why Woodstock 99 erupted in riots and rapes:

0lM29bg0vII

fober
02-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Who the fuck? ^^^^

Did I miss an era of pop music when that was popular?

Insane Clown Posse? They seemed too serious to be a gag act.

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
I fucking watched that. Can't believe I actually watched that. Why were they spraying sticky carbonated beverage at the crowd again? And why was that skinny clown with the shitty ink in only boxers? Wet boxers?? Post more please.

E

matsuolost
02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
w-o-w
fuck your mom's momma..
wow.

xanman86
02-09-2007, 08:08 PM
ICP made #4 on the billboard charts that year when The Amazing Jekel Bros. came out. Thats the album with that song on it... It has ODB and Snoop Dogg on the record as well.

Mr.Nipples
02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
greatest lyric ive heard in a long time...

FUCK CHICKENS
FUCK DUCKS
EVERYBODY IN YOUR CREW SUCKS
PUNK MOTHERFUCKS!

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Fuck pre-schoolers??? :(

E

menikmati
02-09-2007, 09:57 PM
FUCK EMINEM!

sad thing is, ICP were paid 100k to perform there

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Can anyone figure out why they were spraying/kicking/throwing sticky carbonated beverage on the crowd?? It still troubles me.

E

private,eyes
02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
worst money i ever spent was going to woodstock 99. coachella was right around the corner though and it restored my faith in humanity. it still does every year.

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
How much was it, pe? WS99 that is ..??

E

private,eyes
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
the ticket was $160 but the flight from san diego to new york city plus a train ride to rome n.y. was about a grand. then of course there was the infamous four dollar water. on the second day of the festival my friend and i found our way the the stage crews back stage area and took as much free food and water as we could. desperate times i guess.

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Damn. Funny thing was that I dreamed of going to that Woodstock. I was seventeen at the time, living quite far away (probably the same distance as you) in the Caribe, and intensely desiring to be there.

What were the very worst moments of it? ICP? Limp Biscuit?

E

private,eyes
02-09-2007, 10:24 PM
kid rock. every song was ba wit da ba da bang da dang diggy diggy. seeing rage against the machine plaing songs off battle of los angeles before the album came out was intense in a good way. tim the bass player burned the flag at the end of their set, another insane moment that probably didn't help growing tensions but oh well.

DeltaSigChi4
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Word.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/zach1.jpg

E

Boourns
02-10-2007, 06:31 AM
FUCK EMINEM!

sad thing is, ICP were paid 100k to perform there

100k? Are you serious? These disgusting pieces of shit shouldn't get more than a bottle of faygo and a day's supply of meth.

Fuck the rain forest, fuck a Forrest Gump
You probably like it in the rump
Fuck a shoe pump, fuck the real deal and fuck all the fakes
Fuck all fifty two states! Oooo, and fuck you

Oh dear...

And DeltaSigChi4, the reason they spray soda is because it's symbolic. See, they are both impotent and can't spray their natural sticky on the crowd. You know they would if they could.

DeltaSigChi4
02-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Good analysis. You should work for the U.S. government.

Or Bill Gates. :)

E

menikmati
02-10-2007, 10:02 AM
You should hear the album version, there's one line that goes something like"

fuck crisco, jack and jerry brisco, fuck disco and the count of monte crisco...

or something like that, very classy stuff.

menikmati
02-10-2007, 10:06 AM
here ya go, some classy guy lip singing the album version:

88vb7QHehlU

Boourns
02-10-2007, 10:12 AM
If you remove all the copyrighted materail from youtube, all that's left is a million web-camtards trying to be the new Numa Numa guy.

Mo'rage
02-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Good times at WS 99. I live about 20 miles from there, so i was there. well, lived in cali, but flew home. left WS sunday and the radio said it would be 20+ hours to get out sunday night so we didn't go back. some friends said it took like an hour to get out. sucked we missed the last 1/2 day, didn't suck we missed the rioting.

suprefan
02-11-2007, 03:31 AM
I was out of the country when it all happend. First thing I saw when I got home that sunday night was the riots and just was in awe..... Then coachella was announced and was wishing I could go because it was so anti woodstock...... Wish there was more official coachella 99 video so we could really compare...

schoolofruckus
02-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Try the Burbank Scalp Meet again....maybe you're just not asking the right people.

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
bump. I find Woodstock 99 incredibly fascinating, from an event planning standpoint at the very least. I would love to hear more first hand accounts of experiences people had while there. Not just the bad stuff though. I can't believe they decided to hold the fest on an old superfund site sheesh... Woodstock 99 is one of the reasons Coachella is here today though, Coach 99 did what Woodstock couldn't, even though they lost money they came back two years later because they knew they had done something right.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 03:10 PM
This is why Woodstock 99 erupted in riots and rapes:

0lM29bg0vII

My dad really liked this song, no foolsies. Jeckel was a good album.

bartelby
02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
i was there

it was a fun festival overall but there were definitely some obvious factors that contributed to the riots..

1) the heat - it was 38-40+Celsius each day with little or no cloud cover...I've never had a worse sunburn - I was leatherface...the fact that 75% of the grounds were on tarmac just made it worse

2) the meatheads - I'd never head "show your tits" so much in my life....even as a big fan of tits, I was tired of seeing them by the end of the weekend and felt somewhat subhuman by the constant "show your tits" mantra that was prevalent all weekend

3) the prices - $12 for a pizza, $6 for a lemonade, $5 for a soda...the cheapest (and only) thing we could afford were $2 cookies which made the weekend a challenge and further inflamed people....

4) the size - it took 30mins to walk from mainstage1 to mainstage2 and that was at a decent pace....walking from our parking spot (or car camping spot) took about an hour....

overall, however, i and an excellent time....I found a big bag of (very mediocre) weed and percocet on the ground when i walked in and partied HARD every day.....

juloxx
02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
WS 99 Lineup

* Alanis Morissette
* Big Sugar
* Britney Spears
* Bruce Hornsby
* Buckcherry
* Bush
* The Chemical Brothers
* Collective Soul
* Creed featuring Robby Krieger
* Dave Matthews Band
* DMX
* Elvis Costello
* Everclear
* Everlast
* Fatboy Slim
* G. Love and Special Sauce
* George Clinton & the P.Funk All-Stars
* Godsmack
* Guster
* Ice Cube
* Insane Clown Posse
* James Brown
* Jamiroquai
* Jewel
* John Entwistle

* Kid Rock
* KoЯn
* Limp Bizkit
* Lit
* Live
* Megadeth
* Metallica
* Mickey Hart/Planet Drum
* Mike Ness
* Moby
* Muse
* The Offspring
* Oleander
* Our Lady Peace
* Rage Against the Machine
* Red Hot Chili Peppers
* The Roots
* Rusted Root
* The Brian Setzer Orchestra
* Sevendust
* Sheryl Crow
* The Tragically Hip
* Willie Nelson
* Wyclef Jean

juloxx
02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
^^^I dont give a fuck what anyone says, although there is no/barley any electronic music that is a fucking bomb lineup. If they threw in 1 of 2 more electronic artists it would easily be better than any Coachella lineup I have seen.

Edit: Britney Spears i dunno bout

getbetter
02-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Britney spears what the fuck...gheez woodstock 99 line up just look like shit. It like TRL produce the lineup almost

wmgaretjax
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
dear god... this is a shit hole.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
^^^I dont give a fuck what anyone says, although there is no/barley any electronic music that is a fucking bomb lineup. If they threw in 1 of 2 more electronic artists it would easily be better than any Coachella lineup I have seen.

My god you're just terrible.

juloxx
02-06-2010, 05:22 PM
RATM, DMX, Ice Cube, Jamiroquai, Metallica, The Offspring, The Roots, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Korn, Goerge Clinton, James Brown

There is something on that lineup for everyone. The artists I like on the WS lineup I like alot more than most at Coachella. But the ones I hate on this lineup I hate more than the ones at Coachella.

getbetter
02-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm going start on a meme for this

what are u saying

The artists I like on this lineup I like alot more than most at Coachella. But the ones I hate on this lineup I hate more than the ones on Coachella.

juloxx
02-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Im high as balls, do as you will

Monklish
02-06-2010, 05:26 PM
RATM, DMX, Ice Cube, Jamiroquai, Metallica, The Offspring, The Roots, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Korn, Goerge Clinton, James Brown

There is something on that lineup for everyone. The artists I like on this lineup I like alot more than most at Coachella. But the ones I hate on this lineup I hate more than the ones on Coachella.

I have no interest in seeing any of those acts except for The Roots. Please kill yourself.

wmgaretjax
02-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm going start on a meme for this

what are u saying

i have your back on this one already.

york707
02-06-2010, 05:41 PM
My dad really liked this song, no foolsies. Jeckel was a good album.

This explains so much about you.

getbetter
02-06-2010, 05:41 PM
http://memegenerator.net/Instances/712/Matt-at-the-Movies-WOODSTOCK-99-IF-THEY-THREW-IN-1-OF-2-MORE-ELECTRONIC-ARTISTS-IT-WOULD-EASILY-BE-B.jpg

It would be a cooler meme if i could get ron and PTA on one meme togethor

The bigger question is are you willing to spend the money to travel to Woodstock 99 for those bands.It's not like any of those bands didn't tour at the time and were super rare,or came out of hiatus

york707
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
If I'm honest with myself, there are only 10-12 bands I would have been WILLING to see on there, and of that maybe 5 that I would have actually wanted to see.

Monklish
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
This explains so much about you.

Got a problem with it, Missouri?

bmack86
02-06-2010, 05:57 PM
James Brown, y'all.

But, seriously, that lineup is 95% shit.

mountmccabe
02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
There is something on that lineup for everyone.

I don't want a lineup that has "something" for me; I want a lineup that has a lot of things for me. That wouldn't leave me bored/annoyed most of the day.

I didn't care much then - I wanted to see the Chemical Brothers and Moby and had some residual interest in Live and Our Lady Peace and Bush but that's it. I did not even fucking consider going to Woodstock '99.

Coachella '99 had far more for me - the Chems and Moby PLUS Spiritualized, Underworld, DJ Shadow, Tool, Modest Mouse, Beck and Autechre.

So: At the time, Coachella '99 won (even though I wasn't able to go.) Looking back on what I would've wanted to've seen, Coachella '99 wins by an even greater margin as I didn't know Pavement or ATDI or SFA or Bis and could've discovered them.

canexplain
02-06-2010, 07:26 PM
It says on wiki 99 Coachella 25k, WS 99 200k so there is no question which fest was more a major player that year. cr*****

Monklish
02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
It says on wiki 99 Coachella 25k, WS 99 200k so there is no question which fest was more a major player that year. cr*****

I believe the question was which fest was better, you uncomprehending old bastard.

FoxeyLady
02-06-2010, 07:57 PM
They should have just called it MTVstock... I still can't believe they held "3 More Days of Peace and Music" on an old superfund airforce base. WTF were the organizers thinking...

york707
02-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Got a problem with it, Missouri?

yes? no? maybe?

Weatherman
02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
people who said limp bizkit caused all the riots are wrong.

look at that lineup. if i was a drunk jock, i would be pissed if i had to suffer through jewel or elvis costello