PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Komokwa
01-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Greeting I have a few questions about this event.

I have read it gets really hot during the day and this may be a problem for me and my girlfriend because my girlfriend has multiple sclerosis and is very sensitive to heat and can get very sick from getting to hot

so my question is there any place to cool down at the event? WHen i went to ozzfest before they had this airconditioned tent so I am hoping for something similar here.

also we are mainly going for the headliners so what time does it cool down at night? and what time do the bands usually start? If we do not have to be out in the extreme heat that would be great.

and one more question. if we go we will most likely get a flight and hotel package and stay at a hotel in palm springs, how diffficult will it be to get back and forth from palm springs to the concert if we do not have a car? will there be buses or anything?

thank you very much

TwilightSociety
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
If your girlfriend has serious concerns with overheating, I would strongly advise against going. The weather has consistently been in mid-90s to 100s in the four years I've gone, under the brutal desert sun. I've two girls I've taken, with no health concerns, pass out on me from the heat, and we were in the shade.

There are no air-conditioned tents or mist tents, apart from the medical tents.

It will start to cool down at 6-7 pm, and will probably get down to about the mid-60s. The headliners typically play from 9-9:30 through 10:30-11:30.

Doors open at 11 am, music starts at 12-12:30, ends by midnight.

Also, if you don't have a car, prepare for long walks and waits for busing back from the concert to the hotel.

windscreen
01-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Hmmm, I remember the AT&T blue room to be very very comfortable and a nice escape last year and there was also the dome that had the shipwrecks made to look like they were covered in snow and ice with the "polar beds" all around the perimeter.

I don't know what they will have this year but if you knew where to look you could escape the heat for a bit. Also the Heineken tent was very very nice over by the outdoor stage.

TwilightSociety
01-24-2007, 08:36 AM
That's true, I forgot about the Blue Room and the Dome. They were pretty sweet and cooler, but most people just kind of stroll in and stroll out. If you're in there, you can't see or hear most of the music playing.

windscreen
01-24-2007, 09:11 AM
oh very true TwilightSociety...but some of Coachella is better than no Coachella...at least for me it would be.

I do hope they have those tents again as they were very nice!

skavenbrew
01-24-2007, 09:28 AM
There's also the Heineken Oasis Tent..... it was in one of the beer gardens. Very cool air constantly pumped in constantly..... a little slice of heaven.