04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/TomAz/IMG_0246.jpg

bballarl
04-21-2007, 12:52 PM
*pages Randy*

whynotsmile99
04-21-2007, 01:17 PM
hahaha what a great picture

mushies are great. might not be the best for the festival. Never did like crowds. Can be way too much of a head fuck. I'd stick with 'cid if you just have to trip.

NeverMyopic
04-21-2007, 02:16 PM
hahaha what a great picture

mushies are great. might not be the best for the festival. Never did like crowds. Can be way too much of a head fuck. I'd stick with 'cid if you just have to trip.

I think mushrooms are more mellow than acid. Also, it depends if it's you first time or you have done it a lot - do you prefer crowds. I never minded, just do my own thing and have fun.

whynotsmile99 is right, though, if you don't like crowds or get nervous, it could make for a very long and crazy day (and not crazy in a good way).

amyzzz
04-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I'd like some, but I wouldn't to take too much. I don't want to end up wallowing on the ground mumbling incoherently.

bartelby
04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
we may have some but i'd only do them at a concert with a good sized group of people that will stick together

its great to have a team

shoegazer76
04-21-2007, 02:56 PM
BOOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!

canexplain
04-21-2007, 03:27 PM
BOOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yay!!!!!!

yep, although i prefer major hits ie: doses, but day in a life ... cr****

goose
04-21-2007, 03:29 PM
aw Id love to do shrooms at coachella. it'd be a neat experience

york707
04-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Air.

That is all.

Daft Fro
04-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I'd suggest snacking on a gram, rather than an full portioned 1/8th. Not enough for hallucenations, but enough to get a great buzz going that lasts for a few hours, instead of 8 hrs :P

Becareful with shroomz kids, some can make you poop red =(

whynotsmile99
04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I'd suggest snacking on a gram, rather than an full portioned 1/8th. Not enough for hallucenations, but enough to get a great buzz going that lasts for a few hours, instead of 8 hrs :P

Becareful with shroomz kids, some can make you poop red =(

thats what i did. Not the best experience. Lights looked a bit prettier, DM and Franz Ferdinand were fun watching from a distance but I just felt really confused and antsy. really didn't like the crowd and being alone. not a bad experience though. Probably wouldn't do it again though. I'd do more :)

All That I Am
04-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I tried them once and had a good experience.
My old roommate however....
He took way too much for a first trip and to make it worse he was all alone. He started tripping too hard and was scared they gave him poison mushrooms, so he called the poison control center and told them he had just taken mushrooms and he wasn't feeling very well.
They asked "what kind of mushrooms did you ingest?"
He says "I dunno Magic Mushrooms"
the voice on the other end giggles, "ok so you took mushrooms to get really high and now you're really high, how can we help you?"
he hung up and started a really really bad trip.
He thought he brain was bleeding and called his mom and told her the whole story. She picked him up and i didn't see him for three days.
When he returned he showed no emotion, he just sat there staring at the tv answering all questions in a monotone yes or no or i dunno.
It took him like a week to get back to normal.
That was a bad trip.

vinylmartyr
04-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Ya thats sucks. Its a great story though.

vinylmartyr
04-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Kids don't ever call your parents on acid or shrooms it does end no matter how bad it seems.

bartelby
04-21-2007, 05:06 PM
ahmen

whynotsmile99
04-21-2007, 05:22 PM
my roomates buddy flipped out. called the cops on himself. he smacked a cop and an ambulance driver and backup was called. Took like 8 people to take him away.

i've had one bad trip. Worst experience of my life. I literally lost all connection to myself and the world, was floating through time and space, thinking i was dead going to hell. I spent 6 hours sobbing on my bed. but i came off it, realized what a wonderful world we live in and how greatful i am to have the things i have and the friends i have. I hugged everyone and that was over with thank god. still the most tramatic experience of my life. Mushies are intense!

shoegazer76
04-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I like shroom chocolates they hit you way quicker cause the shroom is already broken down. Can't have em in the desert though or you'll have a mess. Grind em up in a coffe grinder or food processor & put the powder in capsules. Very convenient & no bad taste in yr mouth. You can always make shroom honey too mmmmmmm........yummy.

rampaige
04-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Mmm...shrooms. I would love to find some. But it's too iffy as to whether I would enjoy myself or freak out from the crowds. Anytime I trip shrooms I always feel like I'm right on the brink of completely fucking losing it.

I had a friend who tripped with another group one night. It was supposed to be a low key trip, just at someone's house, etc. Well the guy who got the shrooms took his about 20 minutes before everyone else. Just as he peaked, and everyone else's was taking effect, he freaked out that they all overdosed and called 911. Long story short, the entire group spent their trip in the emergency room of the local hospital, having blood drawn and whatnot. I think that right there would trigger a bad trip for me. ugh.

vinylmartyr
04-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Never do a bunch of K and take acid.

shoegazer76
04-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Never do a bunch of K period. K hole experience isn't a comfy place to be, least not for me. My friends were K tards. My buddy ran the state of Ohio. Bottles of pharmeceutical grade ketamine were at our disposal for $40 a bottle. We did it in unhealthy amounts. Then everybody started shootin it in thier butt. Thats when I got out of that scene. I've had the most extreme auditory hallucinations on that shit. Had my time with that stuff no more.

bartelby
04-21-2007, 06:19 PM
You can always make shroom honey too mmmmmmm........yummy.

does honey bring something out in the shrooms that hightens its effects?

the only times i've done that i've been FUCKED and that was one of the reasons given...something about the chemical combination

bartelby
04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
oh, and what are the pluses of K? i'm intrigued but it seems very much an love it or hate it type of thing....

amyzzz
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Air.

That is all.
Definitely a drug band.

canexplain
04-21-2007, 06:44 PM
rookies .......cr***

meat curtains
04-21-2007, 06:51 PM
anyone have an experience to share?

front of the pit in '02 during bjork...i remember being completely fascinated that an experience like that was actually possible on earth...i felt like that kid in the movie "Magnolia" when it starts raining frogs outside and the wizkid says something like, "this happens?"...i also remember that bjork had a phatty base that was soooo powerful that the fleshy tip of my nose was vibrating and tickling...everyone pressed up around me felt like an ocean of people like when you walk into the ocean and the waves push you around and there is nothing you can do but go with the flow and try to not get taken under...i also remember the moon that night (which can be seen during the bjork portion of the coachella dvd)...when i looked at it, i felt it circling the earth, then i swore i felt the earth rotating around the sun (even though i couldn't see the sun @ the time)...i felt the pull of the cosmos on my body and it was fucking awesome...i will never forget it, it completely changed my outlook on life...i have never had a bad trip...one thing to remember kids, you have to keep a positive outlook when doing any type of hallucinating, or else you risk it all going to shit, and that is just a waste of goodies if you ask me...awww, too bad i have been unable to hook anything up this year, it sounds fun

whynotsmile99
04-21-2007, 07:02 PM
I like shroom chocolates they hit you way quicker cause the shroom is already broken down. Can't have em in the desert though or you'll have a mess. Grind em up in a coffe grinder or food processor & put the powder in capsules. Very convenient & no bad taste in yr mouth. You can always make shroom honey too mmmmmmm........yummy.

whats the shroom honey trick? i might have to try that

whynotsmile99
04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
rookies .......cr***

what word keeps getting edited? craps? Crews? what the fuck

fasttrack
04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
i've only had one bad experience with mushrooms. it was actually a mix of shrooms and peyote. some friends and i were in phoenix at a neighborhood art show. needless to say, there were a lot of people there. i got pretty nervous from all the people and wanted to throw up but everywhere i went, there was someone there. i felt as though my life was saved when my friend that was there to pick us up found me walking in a much less populated area of the art show. from that point on, my night got much better. i doubt i'll ever do something like that around so many people.

Quentin
04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
i've done shrooms a few times and i've had great experiences. i'd deffinatly love to do them at Coach.

KenMixtape
04-21-2007, 07:55 PM
shrooms are not something I like to do in public. they jack up my motor skills like being drunk. can be too intense for me, so i prefer a home setting.

rideincircles
04-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Just dont do any salvia when you are there, That could turn out really bad. Like seeing multiple heads on everyone, that shit is scary. for those of you that dont know what it is, think of acid x 20 for 10 minutes.

shakermaker113
04-22-2007, 01:35 AM
can we please start talking about our good experiences too? I mean, it's good to acknowledge bad trips happen because they do, but almost all of the stories we are telling are bad. there are good trip stories too.

merznerve
04-22-2007, 02:46 AM
i had 1 bad experience on shrooms, but the trip is more 'managable' than say lsd the only other hallucinogen i've tried. i ate a couple caps as my girlfriend and i were waiting for the cure at ultra, and i ran into quite a few friends, they were all passing joints, i must have smoked for an hour straight. that was a mistake. i started getting tired, and uncomfortable from standing, and next thing i know i'm on the floor. i fainted for like less than a minute, but was able to normalize relatively quickly. when i awoke i had some intense visuals but i didn't freak out or anything afterwards. the rest of the night i had a decent time, but was still weirded out from the fact i fainted, which was the only time i've ever fainted from a drug related cause. i felt bad for all my friends, cause i was the only one in the group shrooming, and my passing out affected their experience at the festival as well.

i would just be really careful if you're ingesting them raw. and don't smoke (so much) as your coming up. because i apparently had too much shrooms and weed. I should have kept myself hydrated, had some food to snack on, and not stand for so long in a single spot.

it sucked though because, well the cure wasn't terribly impressive. i was peaking as they played a hundred years that song was awesome. mstrkft sounded good but i was too drained from the trip and couldn't get into it. later in the evening though after a good long pit stop at home and more beer, we went to another party and i still managed to have a good time despite passing out earlier.

shoegazer76
04-22-2007, 10:40 AM
whats the shroom honey trick? i might have to try that

You grind the shrooms up then cook them in a slow cooker for like 12 hours w the honey stirring it around like makin ganja butter. The psyilocybin (I know I spelled that wrong) is drawn out into the honey. When its done you strain it & the honey should be blueish in color. You can take a teaspoon or two and put it in tea or on toast or whatever. No nasty taste of shroom.
Note that potency of the shrooms & amount of honey you use detemine poetency of the honey.

Caitlin
04-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Do shrooms go bad? I've had 1/2 an eigth in a drawer for about a year now. :lool

rampaige
04-22-2007, 10:53 AM
can we please start talking about our good experiences too? I mean, it's good to acknowledge bad trips happen because they do, but almost all of the stories we are telling are bad. there are good trip stories too.

The first time I tripped was at a Widespread Panic concert. It was AMAZING. The concert was in Little Rock, AR at the Riverfront Amphitheater. It's a really nice venue, sits right on the AR River (as you may have guessed from the name.) It had rained all day, but right before the show was supposed to start the skies cleared out and we got to witness the most breathtaking sunset ever. It looked like the sun was melting into the river. It was my first jam band concert, and there were tons of "hippies" running around. I had no idea that culture even existed (yeah, I sound really naive right now, but up until then I had had a very sheltered religious upbringing in a tiny little farming community in Arkansas.) Everyone was soooo friendly, passing pipes and joints, hippy girls were blowing bubbles and dancing around. It was amazing, like some sort of crazy fantasy world.

shoegazer76
04-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Do shrooms go bad? I've had 1/2 an eigth in a drawer for about a year now. :lool

They should be alright. They're probly just really dry is all. If there was any kind of funky mold on them then I would wonder but I'd probly eat em anyway.

Caitlin
04-22-2007, 10:56 AM
They should be alright. They're probly just really dry is all. If there was any kind of funky mold on them then I would wonder but I'd probly eat em anyway.

Meh. Ill just give 'em away, probably.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
04-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Meh. Ill just give 'em away, probably.

Give them to me!

I got a half 1/8 from last year too and a fresh 1/8 for this year. I ate about an eighth last year on sunday at like noon. There was nothing bad that happened, just the most fun I've ever had. A lot of people aren't too keen about tripping out hard in large crowds but I have no probalem with it, at least at Coachella. A narcotics officer convention is a different story though. So I ate about half of my stash at about noon and a couple hours later not much was happening so like anyone, I ate the other half. Instantly I noticed the grass growing larger and starting to softly caress my legs. I was sitting under one of the tents waiting for Wolf Parade to start and the tent ceiling was pulsating and morphed into a huge white and red spiral circus tent then the band started playing and it was the best music I had ever heard, despite their technical difficulties. Afterwards I just wandered the field with my girlfriend and looked at funny people and shit, caught some acts, caught some cold drinks and tastey treats. Everything was swaying and waving. I saw sun rays come down from the sky and bounce off the dancing grass and masses of people. I had complete resistence to the heat as well, it seemed like a perfect day despite being super fucking hot. Gnarles Barkley blew my mind. I felt the music deep within myself, saw the lights wash out darkness, I was just in utter nirvana all day, everything is great and while on psychedelics it seems like the entire festival is designed specifically for those tripping out. Everything is easy to find regardless of your level of sobriety, the lights are crazy all the time, music always kicks ass.

In conclusion I say eat those mushrooms up, have a friend with you and make sure they do too. The setting for a psychedelic trip is prefect at Coachella. Just eat them later in the afternoon like around 3 or 4 after the heat of midday and time it so you're still be mind blown when the sun goes down. I'm eating mine Saturday.

whynotsmile99
04-22-2007, 11:33 AM
yea caitlin, i wouldn't eat it if they do have any odd shit growing on it. Other then that bluish tint shit of course. I've had mushies for months and they have been alright though.

Shrooms can be the most amazing time of your life. The first time I did it i was very scared. I only smoked some pot before, never experimented with anything harder. I took an 8th at my friends house, the day he was having a backyard BBQ. I start coming up and walk into the living room. My buddy is watching the end of Se7en.

"Don't open the box! Just don't open the box". scared the living jesus out of me. I ran outside and sat in a chair staring at the ground and my jacket for 4 hours. People thought i was having a bad time, but my mind was so blown I just couldn't move. But i loved it. I loved looking at my friend's movie posters. Kill Bill was glowing, and the the submarine on THe Life Aquatic was moving through the water, with fish swiming around it.

The times past that have been amazing (excluding the bad trip above of course). Favorite trip would have to be the third time i did it. I was in a perfect mood, perfect weather, perfect everything. I usually don't like being around crowds or strangers on it, but this time nothing bothered me. I walked right by a cop and felt no fear.

My buddies and I walked to the beach boardwalk. Ice Cube was playing a show in Ventura, so we were staring at those sky light things they set up for big events. They were bouncing off the sky and were beautiful. Then we came back home, set up blacklights all around our house played loud dance music and just started running around in a circle dancing and laughing till we were in tears. It was a blast!

I need to do them in nature sometime. Still haven't done that. I did acid in the woods which was cool, but some dude in a straw hat that looked like Dr. Robotnik from the sonic video games was fly fishing. Scared the living fuck out of us

whynotsmile99
04-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Give them to me!

I got a half 1/8 from last year too and a fresh 1/8 for this year. I ate about an eighth last year on sunday at like noon. There was nothing bad that happened, just the most fun I've ever had. A lot of people aren't too keen about tripping out hard in large crowds but I have no probalem with it, at least at Coachella. A narcotics officer convention is a different story though. So I ate about half of my stash at about noon and a couple hours later not much was happening so like anyone, I ate the other half. Instantly I noticed the grass growing larger and starting to softly caress my legs. I was sitting under one of the tents waiting for Wolf Parade to start and the tent ceiling was pulsating and morphed into a huge white and red spiral circus tent then the band started playing and it was the best music I had ever heard, despite their technical difficulties. Afterwards I just wandered the field with my girlfriend and looked at funny people and shit, caught some acts, caught some cold drinks and tastey treats. Everything was swaying and waving. I saw sun rays come down from the sky and bounce off the dancing grass and masses of people. I had complete resistence to the heat as well, it seemed like a perfect day despite being super fucking hot. Gnarles Barkley blew my mind. I felt the music deep within myself, saw the lights wash out darkness, I was just in utter nirvana all day, everything is great and while on psychedelics it seems like the entire festival is designed specifically for those tripping out. Everything is easy to find regardless of your level of sobriety, the lights are crazy all the time, music always kicks ass.

In conclusion I say eat those mushrooms up, have a friend with you and make sure they do too. The setting for a psychedelic trip is prefect at Coachella. Just eat them later in the afternoon like around 3 or 4 after the heat of midday and time it so you're still be mind blown when the sun goes down. I'm eating mine Saturday.

i can't believe the heat didn't bother you. I did em late at coachella but wouldn't dream of doing earlier. I did em before in the afternoon when my friends and I walked to the beach. It was nice out, maybe 80 tops. we were sweating balls. I didn't cool off till 4 hours later, even after coming home and washing up

shakermaker113
04-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm trying to determine what time of day to eat mine... I am thinking of taking 1/2 an eighth, not sure which days yet. is it a bad idea to try it all three days? I'm not taking large doses. there are certain bands I'd love to be on mushrooms for though. bjork, the good the bad the queen, soulwax are the biggest each day.

whynotsmile99
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM
take em in the evening! 5 or 6 would be nice

york707
04-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Just eat them later in the afternoon like around 3 or 4 after the heat of midday and time it so you're still be mind blown when the sun goes down. I'm eating mine Saturday.

Definitely time it for sunset, and make sure you're at the main stage for sunset. GV has a knack for putting appropriate bands at sunset on the mainstage - last year it was Sigur Ros, three years ago, it was Air.

daftmonkey64
04-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Definitely time it for sunset, and make sure you're at the main stage for sunset. GV has a knack for putting appropriate bands at sunset on the mainstage - last year it was Sigur Ros, three years ago, it was Air.

man i wish shroomed for that. and i can only imagine how rad daft punk would have been on gooms

H.Upmann
04-23-2007, 09:40 PM
The first time I fried I went with my mom to view a crime scene exhibit the next morning it...wasn't ....easy.

canexplain
04-23-2007, 09:50 PM
dont dog me about "ok so been there done that bs" , but did acid maybe 300 times and actually shrooms less, maybe a 100 times or so and never once had a bad trip ... got a little freaky a couple of times, but it went away just that fast ... probably the one time i guess i wish i wasnt quite so tripped .... we were in new orleans for mardi gras ... well i was driving (not a good idea kids) and was tripping big time on windowpane ... well we were stopped at a red light, and a parade was almost ready to start, so there were people lining the street .. i told my bud, hey i dont think i can drive anymore, you have to ... so i opened up my door and a car went by and tore the door off the car, well bent it so it was flush to the hood backwards lol ... talk about trippy ... so a cop comes up, and took me to jail .. ok so this is NO during mardi gras and they are super cool ... i was in the brig for a couple of hours while my parents sent me bail money via poney express or something .. paid my fine, and left ... day in a life, but it shows, if you can maintain, any trip is a good trip :) cr****

RockStr4Life
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
My last experience I ate an 8th and somehow ended up sitting in my car with 3 other guys listening to Undertow on repeat for 3 hours and my friend pissed in my car. I ended up waking up in the middle of the street in a residential neighborhood and on the way back to sitting in my car, flipped off random pedestrians walking their dog and yelled at them.

york707
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
My last experience I ate an 8th and somehow ended up sitting in my car with 3 other guys listening to Undertow on repeat for 3 hours and my friend pissed in my car. I ended up waking up in the middle of the street in a residential neighborhood and on the way back to sitting in my car, flipped off random pedestrians walking their dog and yelled at them.

That sounds like a personal problem.

Shyeviolett
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
You don't want to know about my bad trip experience. It was the worst night of EVER. EEEEVVVVVEEERRRRR.

Mushrooms are bad, Mmmkkkay?

unbeliever
04-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I've never had a bad mushie experience. Unless you consider ego loss/death to be a bad trip (which lots of people most definitely would). Personally I like it. But I also like DMT, what can I say. The only reason I wouldn't shroom at coachella is the body load. I usually wind up curled up in a ball, in the dark, with headphones blasting some heavy psytrance. Good times.

But even with hippy flipping it's hard to want to move around unless you just take a really low dose of the boomers, which isn't really worth it. Definitely more of a small group of close friends or solo-trip kind of substance for me.

As for positive experiences; just recently I had a chance to eat 3g of very potent homegrowns a friend of mine provided. This was out in the forest in the middle of the night with all the stars blazing. Then another friend started his crazy fire poi:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/iconistx/April_Gathering_20074281.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/iconistx/April_Gathering_20072651.jpg

which, while tripping, is insane. Especially when he'd toss it 15+ feet in the air and catch it, turning it into a wicked spin move. :)

K, that's it. </ramble>

moooo
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
I shroomed during the day in 04. I definately don't suggest it, especially when it's hot. I'm gonna get some if I find em, but will wait till the sun goes down.

TomAz
04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
http://www.wellcarepffs.com/Resources/Images/banner_drugUtilization.gif

daftmonkey64
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.wellcarepffs.com/Resources/Images/banner_drugUtilization.gif

huh?

TomAz
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Drug Utilization Management. And Quality Assurance.

daftmonkey64
04-25-2007, 06:21 PM
... shut up

trixiipixii
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
(coming off desperate)
i don't know how else to go about this, but does anyone have a connect for shrooms in the la/oc area? pls. email me =)

apparently these things are seasonal.

J~$$$
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
NARC!!!!!!!!!!!

blastyourears
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
shrooms are rad! check out the awesome forum at www.shroomery.org
All of my trips have been wonderful! I love when it's a cloudy day! the clouds morph into faces, and anything you can imagine, hammer & sickle, a guitar, hahahah .. I recommend them!

unbeliever
04-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, the shroomery is an excellent site.

shakermaker113
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I did shrooms on friday, and now I would agree with those who said that coachella is not the place. I had a good experience, more or less, but it was more distracting than anything.

amyzzz
05-02-2007, 01:19 PM
2ci was great for Air/Ratatat/Infected Mushroom. Maybe save shrooms for a home trip.

daftmonkey64
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
yeah i took shrooms at around 7 pm on friday, and peaches was about to go on when it was creeping up, so needless to say i couldnt handle that shit. So after walking around, puking, and staring at that light bulb thing for about 20 minutes, i calmed down. FAITHLESS WAS THE SHIT!!!!!!

shakermaker113
05-04-2007, 03:30 PM
2ci was great for Air/Ratatat/Infected Mushroom. Maybe save shrooms for a home trip.

wow, I've never heard of 2ci before. I'm going to have to look it up now.

SFChrissy
05-04-2007, 03:34 PM
The key is not to eat too much...

We brought a shit load of shrooms with us for and at bits at a time the whole afternoon & evening...we had sooo much fun

The funny thing was that when RHCP came on and I saw fleas back tattoo I started lmao which triggered my friends to laugh hysterically but no one had any idea I was laughing at a picture my friend posted on another board of flea buck naked with a perfect ass shot from woodstock...absolutely hilarious!!!

Daft Fro
05-06-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah i took shrooms at around 7 pm on friday, and peaches was about to go on when it was creeping up, so needless to say i couldnt handle that shit. So after walking around, puking, and staring at that light bulb thing for about 20 minutes, i calmed down. FAITHLESS WAS THE SHIT!!!!!!

Smoke some herb before, it helps settle the rumbling/nausea in the stomach. In addition to chilling you out before hand :P And if you end up tripping too hard, smoke more herb to bring you down a bit.

But yea, first time shrooming at Coachella this year. Did them Fri and Sat, it was crazy...I had a great fun and trippy time, but yea as said above, you don't want to take too much. And I didn't take them til after 6pm, I would not fucking take them in that heat, ugh...

I have to say, it almost was a bit too hectic. There is already so much going on in your own head, and you combine that with the atmosphere of Coachella and things can get pretty intense. I don't think I will do them at the next one, but if I do it will be 2 grams and only 1 day....and I will take them later in the evenining.

be safe & smart out there kids~

gaypalmsprings
07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
http://magic-mushroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/shrooms1.jpg

rodStewart
07-28-2011, 10:19 AM
I took shrooms on Sunday at Coachella this year and had an awesome time. I had a few drinks in me already so I think that helped a bit dealing with being in a crowd. I normally wouldn't drink/shroom, it just happened that way but it turned out to be a great combination for me at the time.

RedHotSgtPeppers
07-28-2011, 01:03 PM
3 year bump. Good job, GPS.

I don't think I'll shroom. I haven't had very pleasant experiences with getting high, so I don't think that hallucinogens would be a good idea for me. I did witness someone go from sober to flipping out on shrooms in about 10 minutes. He kept offering me chocolate shrooms (like 7 times), and was like "You sober, bro? Like straight-edge?" When I said "yeah" (didn't know what else to say) he gave me a big hug and said "I love you bro."

Coachella Bound
07-28-2011, 02:10 PM
ive now quit shrooms twice in my life.....

no more. ive seen what the darkness looks like and it scares the shit outa me.

locachica73
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
ive seen what the darkness looks like and it scares the shit outa me.

This...

I only needed once but I swear, I am still fucked up from it and it happened 2 years ago almost. Every once in awhile I still find myself back in that very dark place.

Spooks
07-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I tried them once and had a good experience.
My old roommate however....
He took way too much for a first trip and to make it worse he was all alone. He started tripping too hard and was scared they gave him poison mushrooms, so he called the poison control center and told them he had just taken mushrooms and he wasn't feeling very well.
They asked "what kind of mushrooms did you ingest?"
He says "I dunno Magic Mushrooms"
the voice on the other end giggles, "ok so you took mushrooms to get really high and now you're really high, how can we help you?"
he hung up and started a really really bad trip.
He thought he brain was bleeding and called his mom and told her the whole story. She picked him up and i didn't see him for three days.
When he returned he showed no emotion, he just sat there staring at the tv answering all questions in a monotone yes or no or i dunno.
It took him like a week to get back to normal.
That was a bad trip.

hahaha this totally happened to my friend as well except he didn't call the poison control center.

Coachella Bound
07-28-2011, 02:13 PM
This...

I only needed once but I swear, I am still fucked up from it and it happened 2 years ago almost. Every once in awhile I still find myself back in that very dark place.

exactly... and unfortunately anxiety feeds off these past memories, so theres no way I could eat them and just pretend like nothing ever happened.

I quit for 6 years, had 3 good months a couple summers ago, and then completely lost it once again.... on minimal amounts too (but i hear the dust hits you harder)

Spooks
07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
exactly... and unfortunately anxiety feeds off these past memories, so theres no way I could eat them and just pretend like nothing ever happened.

I quit for 6 years, had 3 good months a couple summers ago, and then completely lost it once again.... on minimal amounts too (but i hear the dust hits you harder)

I usually just smoke a bowl or two after I eat them and I have the greatest trip.

Coachella Bound
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
I think what really triggered the second attack was the fact i did them by myself but w/ sober people around. It got to the point where i was begining to trip really hard and people were laughing, but not at me (but in my head of course they were laughing at me). Then the face of insanity appeared and i knew i was fucked.... throwing up didnt help, smoking bowls didnt help... luckily the majority of the people i was w/ were musicians and 3 of them spent a good few hours just playing acoustic guitar for me.

rodStewart
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Shrooms are very forgiving, at least with me. And I've taken upwards of 6 grams before...

canexplain
07-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Shrooms are for weaklings :) cr****

TheRotten42
07-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I need to have a good trip again, it's been a few years.

citizenerased
07-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I've learned the trick for myself to have a good, easy trip is to only take like 1 gram at a time.

thombjork
07-28-2011, 08:45 PM
NARC!!!!!!!!!!!

This

Theijuiel
07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on shrooms.

fikus222
07-29-2011, 01:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/TomAz/IMG_0246.jpg

This guy reminds me of a very fried out middle aged fellow on PHISH tour 2001, who had a sign encouraging folks to dose him...he'd obviously had waaaay too much over the years. This then brings to mind a quote from last Coachella, "If you party too hard, it becomes too hard to party." Which I find to be very good advice.

Coachella Bound
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
i like pooping on shrooms... it relieves my anxiety. Lets me know my body is still working....

heart cooks brain
07-29-2011, 02:19 PM
i like pooping on shrooms... it relieves my anxiety. Lets me know my body is still working....

the weirdest shit of my life took place during an acid trip. there were children everywhere. it was fucked up.

eturnol
07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
yes the trick is to snack on them throughout the day, rather than ingesting a large amount at once. just a little at first, and keep eating until you get to a good point. then just keep snacking when you feel like it, and youre set for the whole day! the perfect accessory to coachella =)

rodStewart
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Did you really just call mushrooms an accessory?

fetuspiniata
07-30-2011, 08:50 PM
2008: I ate an eighth before aphex twin and had my mind melted!

2010: I ate a eighth before fever ray and was delightfully terrified!

2011:Friday: I ate a quarter and tripped balls all the way through crystal castles/monarchy and nosaj thing and then came down by the end of chemical brothers and had one of the best trips in my life!

2011:Saturday: In an attempt to trip for animal collective i munched the last of my shrooms but they were prety well ground up and i hadn't eaten in a while so i ended up tripping really hard during the end of mumford and sons set and then pretty much came down before animal collective played a single note! :P

shoegazer76
07-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on shrooms.

or Cannibal Ferox..... or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Geno_g
07-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I had a great trip this last year, ate the boomers around the time of layedback luke. I was told by a friend that they were strong, just started munching at them. Before I knew it my friends said lets go to One Day As A Lion, I tried standing up but the ground was moving... That day was crazy, had crazy thoughts in my head but had to push on.

I love shrooms, at EDC vegas I had a great trip, just make sure you have friends ready to comfort you...

shoegazer76
07-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I ate this strain called "Penis Envy" at Pitchfork just before Animal Collective. Lost my shit for awhile. I'm a big fan now.
Any boomer connoisseurs out there that can recommend your favorite or strong strains.

Geno_g
07-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Columbian, PE, Cyanescens, and Cubensis

I wish I had friends that grew these...

shoegazer76
07-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Which would you say was the strongest Geno? I've been wanting to try the Columbian. I've had Amazonian (or Amazonies), South African, & Ecuador all if which were superb. Golden Teachers generally always good especially when fresh.

Undies
07-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Which would you say was the strongest Geno? I've been wanting to try the Columbian. I've had Amazonian (or Amazonies), South African, & Ecuador all if which were superb. Golden Teachers generally always good especially when fresh.

A cube is a cube. There really isn't any difference in the strength between strains. Growers typically pick one strain or another based on its ease of cultivation for their region. Some will argue that PE is a stronger strain, but this is debatable.

Undies
07-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Columbian, PE, Cyanescens, and Cubensis

I wish I had friends that grew these...

Columbian and PE are both Cubensis strains.

amyzzz
08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I watched The Shining while on shrooms. It was awesome...well, until I started throwing up. I would recommend it (maybe as tea though, NOT in chocolate -- fuck that shit).

Undies
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Mine taste delicious. Like parmasean cheese. I actually enjoy eating them raw.