PDA

View Full Version : so how are we actually going to organise "little scotland"?

RageAgainstRob
04-21-2007, 04:27 AM
we need to figure out how we'll meet up etc.

English-in-Coachella
04-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeh there aint much time left rageagainstrob.

A sidetrack: how are we organising a footy game scotland vs england

FakePlasticMe
04-21-2007, 11:12 PM
You should camp next to our Arcade Fire camp (Us Kids Know).....we're cool kids and don't smell too bad. There will be about 45 of us so you can't miss it. We promise not to try and rule you or anything...

Disco!
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Scotland doesn't take kindly to being ruled you know...

FREEDOM!

I suppose when you the first to arrive could mention to security your expecting about 10-15 people, and then erect a flag/try and put the grid reference on this thread for the folks arriving later.

RageAgainstRob
04-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Scotland doesn't take kindly to being ruled you know...

FREEDOM!

I suppose when you the first to arrive could mention to security your expecting about 10-15 people, and then erect a flag/try and put the grid reference on this thread for the folks arriving later.

are you coming with many other good scottish folks?

we could maybe just exchange telephone numbers or something.

that said, i have a big fuck off scotland flag that i could bring...just need a pole...

i'll be there at about 4 or 5 i think, so folk could not set up their tents untill then and then have a look out for a big flag with a hibby and 3 jambos sitting underneath it...?

Disco!
04-22-2007, 12:42 PM
are you coming with many other good scottish folks?

we could maybe just exchange telephone numbers or something.

that said, i have a big fuck off scotland flag that i could bring...just need a pole...

i'll be there at about 4 or 5 i think, so folk could not set up their tents untill then and then have a look out for a big flag with a hibby and 3 jambos sitting underneath it...?

Naw I'm flying solo mate, I'll pm you my mobile number though.
I'll probably be in Dallas when your finished setting up, waiting from 7pm til 10.30pm to fly to Vegas if you wanna just text me the ref. point.

The campsite doesn't open til 5, so you'll probably be one of the first in.

Football tops should be easy enough to recognise though. Just need the tartan morton top!

FakePlasticMe
04-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I just meant that if you guys want to camp near us, we should have some sort of flag/banner, it would be a good way for your camp people to find each other. Plus, living next door to Scotland would be fantastic. I hear you kids can party.

Disco!
04-22-2007, 01:40 PM
I just meant that if you guys want to camp near us, we should have some sort of flag/banner, it would be a good way for your camp people to find each other. Plus, living next door to Scotland would be fantastic. I hear you kids can party.

Sorry man, I wasn't having a go at you, just a poor attempt at annoying the english.

That would be pretty helpful truth be told, I'd speak to RageagainstRob since he appears to be the first arrival.

You guys have actually got a group camp thing organised with GV haven't you?

And yes. We can party. If you supply the drink, we'll supply The Proclaimers, Loch Lomond and O Flower of Scotland.

FakePlasticMe
04-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Haha, I know, I too was having a go at the English, hence the joke!

The real question is: would you walk 500 miles, and 500 more, just to be the man who walked that thousand miles to fall down at my door?

Disco!
04-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Depends on whether you'll offer me a drink to 'whet my whistle'
The real question is:

would you walk 500 miles, and 500 more, just to be the man who walked that thousand miles to watch Arcade Fire get up on that stage and roar?

FakePlasticMe
04-22-2007, 02:42 PM
DA DAH DA!

RageAgainstRob
04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Depends on whether you'll offer me a drink to 'whet my whistle'
The real question is:

would you walk 500 miles, and 500 more, just to be the man who walked that thousand miles to watch Arcade Fire get up on that stage and roar?

dadla DA DA! (dala da da!)

dadla DA DA! (dala da da!)

da dadla dadla dadla dadla dadla!

FakePlasticMe
04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Seriously, Scottish lads, I've been trying to form a coalition with you from day one. Let's make it a Scottish Arcade Fire party.....

Disco!
04-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Okay. One question though, to all Arcade Fire group campers I suppose.

I know about 12 people in my circle of friends who like/love AF. They are the most musically elitist sons of bitches I have ever met in my life.

Pray tell that you all have some weakness, it can be anything, FOB/Justin etc. lol.

Apart from that, I have no objections

FakePlasticMe
04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmm, I cannot speak for others, but I do love Muse. I suppose that is my unabashed weakness.

DeltaSigChi4
04-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I love DRAGONFORCE (http://www.myspace.com/dragonforce)!!!!

Enough said [elitist I am not].

E

CaliMag
04-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Meet up in the "Camper Parking" lot before sign in. I'll be there with two English friends that need to get BEAT DOWN in footie...
I say 2pm at the far end of the lot. I'll be playing with beer in hand (proabably Tecate).

CaliMag
04-22-2007, 07:23 PM
If security stops us from playing in the parking lot - We'll be playing at the campsite and possibly we coudl move around after the fact to just take over a section of the Polo field. I have every intention of subjecting my English friends to "Little Scotland"... it will be theraputic for them.

Disco!
04-23-2007, 01:44 AM
I like this one ^^^^

parray
04-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Why don't we arrange a group camp like the Arcade Fire people, or even just jump on there list.
I'll be wearing a Dunfermline top, ready to hump the dirty hibees on Tuesday!

Disco!
04-23-2007, 02:59 AM
It already looks like we'll be camping adjacent to the AF camp, if they'll have us lol.

parray
04-23-2007, 03:55 AM
So how do we arrange that????

ohms12
04-23-2007, 05:07 AM
dunfermline eh? im coming from there too.

FakePlasticMe
04-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Woohoo! I don't think you can join our actual camp (I would have you in a second, but I don't think there will be any room left!), but you HAVE to camp next to us so we can combine the party! Have your fearless leader (not sure who that is) PM me, and I'll give them more information in terms of where we'll be located.

Disco!
04-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I didn't mean specificall camp with you, but yeah next to you sounds fine.
I shouldn't really be making plans for others since I'm not appearing til the friday morning, but I've yet to see anyone object to the suggestion, and also since you'll have banners finding our group should be easy if we're next door.

The fearless leader will be the one with Blue+White face paint on...

ohms12
04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
lol, i dont need to camp near you lot, but it'd be nice to meet some fellow scots at some point!

FakePlasticMe
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
I didn't mean specificall camp with you, but yeah next to you sounds fine.
I shouldn't really be making plans for others since I'm not appearing til the friday morning, but I've yet to see anyone object to the suggestion, and also since you'll have banners finding our group should be easy if we're next door.

The fearless leader will be the one with Blue+White face paint on...

Hahaha. *in a cheesy Southern American accent* Will y'all be on horses!? I just loved "Braveheart"!

Burgh Boy
04-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Is there any meeting points within the campsite?

If so, couldn't that be used for a meeting point for a certain time?

Flying out from Edinburgh tomorrow any of the Fifers flying out from there?

P.s We'll beat the Fifers in the cup tonight - 'Mon the Hibees

FakePlasticMe
04-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Ok, I just talked to your fearless leader, RageAgainstBob. We have agreed that you guys can use our camp as your meet up point. Hopefully, you can all camp next to us. When you check in, ask where we are, they will tell you. Since you're not actually in our camp, ask if you can camp next to us, it shouldn't hurt. I hope you all can, if not, definitely stop by and say hello.

PM me if you would like more info. 2 days kids!

cestelle
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
can someone please add me in on this little scotland thing? because i think it's the most amazing thing ever. and so is scotland. and i want to talk to every single one of you.

- catherine

ins0mniac
04-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm heading over from Glasgow, my mates are only going on the Sunday though :( I'll keep a lookout for that scottish flag, make sure its high so i know its you lot.

ins0mniac
04-25-2007, 05:39 PM
My mobile is 07779 273872 (or +447779273872 if im still outside US), if you want another scot meeting up drop me a message and meeting arrangements

Cheers,

Stu

zshev
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Add 3 more Scots to the bill.. we have a huge fuckoff tent and should have a Scotland flag. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other Scotland flags too. Would be good to get a wee bit of banter on the go!

ChellaJB
04-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Another two Scots coming.

Should have our kilts on so we'll be easy to spot.