PDA

View Full Version : Where is the nearest place to Coachella we could buy a tent??

snowgirl_69
04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Any info would be gratefully recieved.....thank you...dont want to bring a tent with us...

JustSteve
04-21-2007, 07:02 AM
i would just google "target" "kmart" "rei" "sport chalet" or "big 5" along with the word "palm springs" and see what comes up. then go to their website and get a phone number and give them a call to check stock.

like this for target: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIB,HPIB:2005-15,HPIB:en&q=target+palm+springs

you can try the rest.

moooo
04-21-2007, 03:37 PM
I think they have tents at the 'general store' onsite, check the website.

billtino
04-21-2007, 09:01 PM
be prepared to spend a whole lot more at the store onsite tho. i bought mine on ebay a couple weeks ago for only 39 bucks...i saw it at big 5 yesterday for 150 bucks :) hhhhwwwwhhhhaaaaatttttaaaaabaaaaarrgaaaaaiiiiiinnn !!!

MarkO
04-22-2007, 07:28 PM
There is a Walmart and a Costco nearby.

lowfront
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Ya I got mine from gregs list for 30 bucks retail is near 100.

JustSteve
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
There is a Walmart and a Costco nearby.

needs to be noted that costco is members only.

gaypalmsprings
04-22-2007, 08:28 PM
costco doesnt have sleeping bags

DeltaSigChi4
04-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Needs to be noted that WalMart is an evil corporation bent on destroying every union and unionized person in the world.

E

MarkO
04-22-2007, 11:43 PM
costco doesnt have sleeping bags

One closest to me does but I guess they're all different.

JustSteve
04-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Needs to be noted that WalMart is an evil corporation bent on destroying every union and unionized person in the world.

E

fuck the unions...seriously.

mandelbaum
04-23-2007, 07:10 AM

E

Unions lead to bankruptcy, which leads to downsizing and job losses...which leads to the current state of the Michigan economy. This is more fact than opinion here. Just look at the major unionized industries of airlines and autos/auto suppliers (bankrupt and bankrupt). And then if you want to look at teacher unions, it makes it almost impossible for administrators to fire horrible teachers, which isn't good for anyone.

Death
04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Who gives a fuck about Michigan? It's a shitbag state full of morons in the armpit of America. If you live there, move.

verbal kint
04-23-2007, 07:59 AM
my advice is (and iv done this before) go to walmart and buy everything you think you might need tent, sleeping bags, sunshade, whatever use and abuse at the concert then on your way out just return all the walmart trash back to walmart stating that it did not meet your high standards and you were displeased with the performance of said camping equipment. they may try to put up a fight but if you insist they will return it. I have returned fishing poles and a couple coolers that stunk like fish and still had an empty beer can in one cooler they returned with no questions asked

halhiker
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
In La Quinta, about five miles from the polo grounds, you will find a Target, a big five and a Walmart. All carry some kind of tents. There is also a place called Yellow Mart in Indio on Miles Avenue that carries tents, too.
The forecast is for it to be 100 degrees this weekend so buy one with a lot of ventilation.

billtino
04-25-2007, 09:32 AM
The forecast is for it to be 100 degrees this weekend so buy one with a lot of ventilation.

and perhaps a portable battery powered fan for said 120 degree poorly ventilated tent. and lots of batteries. unless u can sneak a 100ft extension cord over to the blue room or cafe.