PDA

View Full Version : El-P

im so indie
01-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Anyone know if El-P will be (or usually does) performing with any other Def Jux artists or DJs? (i.e. Mr. Lif, RJD2 etc.)

full on idle
01-24-2007, 05:44 AM
From what I've read, Aes, Lif and Rob Sonic are all guests on I'll Sleep When You're Dead but I haven't heard the album so I don't know how involved they are. Mike Relm will probably be his dj.

im so indie
01-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks much

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 06:43 AM
well... El-P didn't come to coachella alone last time...

wasn't almost everyone there?

I can only hope that aesop and lif will be there for backup... hopefully it's not someone wack like PFAC

jackstraw94086
01-24-2007, 08:54 AM
EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO. Makes one wonder if he would have so much released music if he didn't own Def Jux.

I stopped listening to his stuff years ago. Does he MC now? I thought he was just a producer.

canexplain
01-24-2007, 08:56 AM
emererson lake and palmer ... wow i didnt know they had new stuff out ... cr***

full on idle
01-24-2007, 08:58 AM
He does production still, but he's releasing his second album as an MC this year. The first one was called Fantastic Damage and it came out a few years back. He's not my favorite MC from Def Jux but he's pretty good, kindof dark.

ghettojournalist
01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
did anyone see him on mtv's "i'm from rolling stone"?

CiderMouseRules
01-24-2007, 09:43 AM
El-P is a missy piggy-lookin' leprechaun

elslovene
01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Does EL-P MC now; yes he always has. EL-P was the lead emcee in Company Flow. Does anybody remember that "diss track" EL-P recorded for Sole when EL-P played minutes worth of a telephone conversation in which Sole professed his undying love for EL? Hysterical. I haven't checked the dates, but I imagine if EL-P plays Coachella with anybody it would probably be Cage who is on tour or going on tour soon.

The_Curmudgeon
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey elslovene -- Does your name mean that you are from Slovenia? Just curious...

I'm a big El-P fan... or at least I was a while back. He's probably a better producer than an MC though. I liked when GV brought the entire Def Jux crew to Coachella a few years back... although the crowd really thinned out of that tent about a half hour into their set.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO. Makes one wonder if he would have so much released music if he didn't own Def Jux.

I stopped listening to his stuff years ago. Does he MC now? I thought he was just a producer.
this has got to be the most uninformed post i've ever seen in my life. Maybe you should think twice before opening your mouth about stuff you have no idea about.

Go listen to fantastic damage again, maybe get some company flow tracks, go on www.ohhla.com for the lyrics, and get back to me about him as an emcee.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I think the point was that he didn't know and he was asking a question. The uninformedness was self evident.

Relax.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I think the point was that he didn't know and he was asking a question. The uninformedness was self evident.

Relax.
the point is that he formed an opinion out of thin air like he's some sort of cloud of great knowledge and dropped it on us like he's god of rap.

and to boot he didn't know what he was talking about. this is a message board son, i got the right ta.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Of course. But you didn't read what he wrote the same way I did then, because what I read was him saying:

EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO.

Does he MC now?
which, as I read it, doesn't say anything negative about him as an MC. Then you said:

Go listen to fantastic damage again, maybe get some company flow tracks, go on www.ohhla.com for the lyrics, and get back to me about him as an emcee.
Remember, he asked if he was an MC, because he didn't know. Implying that he hasn't heard Fantastic Damage or any other material.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 11:26 AM
the point is that he formed an opinion out of thin air like he's some sort of cloud of great knowledge and dropped it on us like he's god of rap.
I also disagree with this assessment.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Of course. But you didn't read what he wrote the same way I did then, because what I read was him saying:

which, as I read it, doesn't say anything negative about him as an MC. Then you said:

Remember, he asked if he was an MC, because he didn't know. Implying that he hasn't heard Fantastic Damage or any other material.
you're full on bonkers man.

dude DISSED el-p when he said he doesn't think he that great of a producer, giving an uninformed opion and then stating that he doesn't listen to him very much which makes my point valid.

I gave him the instructions to listen to fantastic damage and get the lyrics because he didn't know that he emceed, thereby giving him better insight and then being able to form a vaild opinion.

you took what I said as negative because I was telling the truth. Get off my Aidz bitch.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I have a hard time understanding you.

How does disliking someone's production and stating that infer uninformedness? Isn't that just an opinion?

Also - is uninformedness a word?

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
I have a hard time understanding you.
and you always will, because you don't have aidz.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, okay.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, okay.
lol :P

hubbertandtdcb
01-24-2007, 02:56 PM
RJD2 is no longer a part of DefJux

jackstraw94086
01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
you're full on bonkers man.

dude DISSED el-p when he said he doesn't think he that great of a producer, giving an uninformed opion and then stating that he doesn't listen to him very much which makes my point valid.

I gave him the instructions to listen to fantastic damage and get the lyrics because he didn't know that he emceed, thereby giving him better insight and then being able to form a vaild opinion.

you took what I said as negative because I was telling the truth. Get off my Aidz bitch.

Asswipe,
How the fukk do you even pretend to know what I am or am not informed of? I said he wasn't that impressive IMO. Do you know what IMO even stands for?

Somebody doesn't agree with your taste in music so they automatically don't know what they're talking about? You are the worst type of snob. I own fantastic damage, douchebag. I've heard the old company flow stuff. I was listening to this stuff for the last 7 or 8 years and got over it because there's far better music out there than EL-fukkingP. EL-P is relatively boring to me. Even the most obscure anticon producer is more interesting than he is. I've heard countless local small-timers better. I'm convinced that if his famous jazz legend father hadn't bankrolled def jux nobody would have ever heard of him. The only reason he's at coachella is because GV wants to maintain a good relationship with def jux.

My opinion is informed by years of listening to the music. A little while after Fantastic Damage I gave up on him and stopped paying attention. I was only paying attention to the production. His MC skills are not memorable. (EDIT: in fact I've just now gone back and listened to some of it for the first time in years and the guy sounds like a retard on too much caffeine)

You're an ignorant retard. Pull the stick out of your ass and go get some better taste in music.

full on idle
01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Ok, so yeah, I guess he was dissing him. I retract my statements. I'm outta here!

elslovene
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey elslovene -- Does your name mean that you are from Slovenia? Just curious...

I'm a big El-P fan... or at least I was a while back. He's probably a better producer than an MC though. I liked when GV brought the entire Def Jux crew to Coachella a few years back... although the crowd really thinned out of that tent about a half hour into their set.
Curmudgeon--Hey, I'm not from Slovenia; I was born and raised in the U.S. My maternal grandparents were from Slovenia and proud of it. How about you?

bmack86
01-24-2007, 07:34 PM
haha, i'm glad Jack came back to clear that up. I like El-P

CiderMouseRules
01-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Does anybody remember that "diss track" EL-P recorded for Sole when EL-P played minutes worth of a telephone conversation in which Sole professed his undying love for EL?

El-P is a missy piggy-lookin' leprechaun

elslovene
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Doesn't "Dear Elpee" can of remind you of Eminem's "Stan" unintentionally of course.

CiderMouseRules
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, Stan reminds me of Dear El-Pee. Dear El-Pee hit when I was in high school... back then, it was the greatest song ever.

NoGwenPlease
01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Somebody doesn't agree with your taste in music so they automatically don't know what they're talking about?

The only reason he's at coachella is because GV wants to maintain a good relationship with def jux.

You're an ignorant retard. Pull the stick out of your ass and go get some better taste in music.

you are such a jackass. You just proved my entire point, that you were dissing El-p.
The fact that you're telling me that because i like el-p I have a bad taste in music is the same thing as me telling you that you have bad taste in music for not liking him.

Don't contradict yourself when you're trying to diss someone. And I have fantastic taste in music or else I wouldn't be excited for at least 50 of the bands that are going to coachella and knew them BEFORE the list went up.

and the reason he's at coachella is because he's going to drop another classic album relatively soon. You're opinion is your opinion and that's all it is so sit behind your little computer screen and diss legends with bad humor all you want, but nobody is going to laugh but you.

bitch.

jackstraw94086
01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
you are such a jackass. You just proved my entire point, that you were dissing El-p.
The fact that you're telling me that because i like el-p I have a bad taste in music is the same thing as me telling you that you have bad taste in music for not liking him.

Don't contradict yourself when you're trying to diss someone. And I have fantastic taste in music or else I wouldn't be excited for at least 50 of the bands that are going to coachella and knew them BEFORE the list went up.

and the reason he's at coachella is because he's going to drop another classic album relatively soon. You're opinion is your opinion and that's all it is so sit behind your little computer screen and diss legends with bad humor all you want, but nobody is going to laugh but you.

bitch.

It's called irony you mental midget. I'm not surprised it went over your head. Not fun having someone tell you you don't know dick right? Make fun of yourself some more. Interaction with humans might acutally teach you subtlety. I'd try it sometime.

And you're too stupid to remember who you were arguing with. I never said I wasn't "dissing" (fukking grow up btw) EL-P, Full On Idle did. All I originally said was he wasn't that impressive. I wasn't prepared to fully "dis" him at the time, but I never had any problem doing it.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you pat yourself on the back for knowing and being excited for 50 (less than half) of the bands in the lineup. This is the fukking message board for the festival. Do you really think that the rest of these people don't know who they are? Are you so ignorant as to think that the regulars on this board haven't been discussing most of these bands at some point or another way before you even thought to be excited for coachella?

You have horrible taste in music as demonstrated by your love of el-p. going to "drop another classic album" soon.
Nope.
Going to use the label started with daddy's money to self-promote, and leverage his association with quality def jux acts to secure an undeserved spot at coachella?
Yep.

Peel yourself off your computer desk chair, crawl out of your bedroom and experience some better music.

NoGwenPlease
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
It's called irony you mental midget. I'm not surprised it went over your head. Not fun having someone tell you you don't know dick right? Make fun of yourself some more. Interaction with humans might acutally teach you subtlety. I'd try it sometime.

And you're too stupid to remember who you were arguing with. I never said I wasn't "dissing" (fukking grow up btw) EL-P, Full On Idle did. All I originally said was he wasn't that impressive. I wasn't prepared to fully "dis" him at the time, but I never had any problem doing it.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you pat yourself on the back for knowing and being excited for 50 (less than half) of the bands in the lineup. This is the fukking message board for the festival. Do you really think that the rest of these people don't know who they are? Are you so ignorant as to think that the regulars on this board haven't been discussing most of these bands at some point or another way before you even thought to be excited for coachella?

You have horrible taste in music as demonstrated by your love of el-p. going to "drop another classic album" soon.
Nope.
Going to use the label started with daddy's money to self-promote, and leverage his association with quality def jux acts to secure an undeserved spot at coachella?
Yep.

Peel yourself off your computer desk chair, crawl out of your bedroom and experience some better music.
u mad?

jackstraw94086
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
u mad?

nope.
Just full of pity for you.

NoGwenPlease
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
nope.
Just full of pity for you.
someone's Maaaaaaaad.

why don't you go turn on comedy central... maybe MadTV is on, just for you.

Jenniehoo
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Oooooooh, look how MAD you're getting!!

jackstraw94086
01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
someone's Maaaaaaaad.

I apologize. I swear I didn't realize I was bickering with a 3rd grader. I figured you were at least in junior high.

Jenniehoo
01-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Jack, have I told...you lately....that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away my sadness...
ease my troubles, that's what you do.

Rod Stewart on your asses.

NoGwenPlease
01-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I apologize. I swear I didn't realize I was bickering with a 3rd grader. I figured you were at least in junior high.
it's cool man, keep doing what you do I'll keep doing what I do.

But don't take my liking el-p as my full music taste, i'm sure if you listed 10 of your favorite bands, they'd be in my favorites too. otherwise why would you and I be on the same message board?

Boourns
01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer?

full on idle
01-26-2007, 05:29 AM

That was pretty good.

CiderMouseRules
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow, this thread sure went to sh*t yesterday. Thanks guys, for that.

jackstraw94086
01-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Is this your first time on the internet?

NoGwenPlease
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Is this your first time on the internet?
Can I just ask why your so hell bent on being awnry?

why don't you ever post anything remotely nice?
who are you excited to see?

All i've seen from your posts is how bad everything is...

pdhow
01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I like how people like to insult peoples musical taste and then the person who "was insulted" tries to insult back using the same method and then they get all fired up because people, love music so much, they feel like they themselves not just the bands, rappers, musicians they love have been insulted. Who hired the music taste police to come and monitor this board of peoples bad taste? Must be an internet thing, this is my first time. I was too busy looking for bad copies of stupid music on vinyl to notice. But thats cool, now that i'm here i'm digging this vibe. I like it, its cool. Lets all jump in that pool and take a swim shall we? Anybody else wanna raise their hand and say who they like, so the fifty people who don't like them can say something????

I like El-P, i think his music is nice. I don't care who paid for his label either. I jsut think he's neat.

jackstraw94086
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I like how people like to insult peoples musical taste and then the person who "was insulted" tries to insult back using the same method.

You're not as quick on the uptake as you think either. reflecting argument styles is a popular tactic on this board. You're not clever, the irony's intentional.

NoGwenPlease, I've professed my love of many different artists and types of music on this board. I've posted mixes, I've debated, I've done all the things this board is for, including bicker. If all I know about you thus far is that you love EL-P to the point where you snarl at someone who had at that poing only called him unimpressive, then of course I'll spit back at you about your taste in music. Then you're supposed to snarl back if you have a mind to. It's a beautiful dynamic. The anger you read in my posts is always only to incite a response. I'm good at getting people to keep arguing.

NoGwenPlease
01-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm good at getting people to keep arguing.
well so am i, that's why you're the only person i've argued with on this whole board.

I respect your arguing status and I decided to leave it at that with the "u mad".. We are obviously both right in our points of view and there's no way around that. You definitely proved your point better than I did, but ce la vie. I look foreward to debating you on a band that is more worth our time and effort. Like Ratatat maybe, or Crowded House.

CiderMouseRules
01-27-2007, 09:59 AM
[Sole]
Dear El-Pee,
How's your summer been?
Mine's been fine
I heard you had a real good time at camp
Oh, yeah, I talked to Len, he said everythings cool
Oh, yo, I really liked "End To End Burner"
That little diss me thing on the internet was pretty funny
Yeah it's live sucker
Uh, yeah, and I was talking, ya know,
trying to sell my records to distributors
And they wouldn't take it because, you know
Some fat white kid figured it'd be funny to blackball
Well, you know, I wrote a little poem about it
and I really hope you like it
So have your mother read it to you
and if you guys like it you can write me back

I'm a Anticon iconoclast catalyst for cataclysm
Tell Fox dissing Sole, bad executive decision
Your egosystem's frail, with a spoon I could dissect it
Soundin' like Corky got his nubs on a websters dictionary
A Ras Kass record and a brand new MPC
Pressing all them pretty buttons making wack beats
To hell with phat beats I'd rather rock acapella
I'd rather be broke and have a whole'lotta resent
Not a rich king, a pawn, a pegan for me to pee on
Check out 9th street, a big sign, El-Pee got served in neon
Trendy indie underground 'cause you haven't got a choice
Take away your elitist buddies and you haven't got a voice
No five thousand for radio, no hundred thou for adds and banners
No paying record stores for all your Rawkus propaganda
Well-timed marketing scheme, its cool to be independent
But if it was last year you'd be a dun or a Missy Elliot
And after your indie bravado and the label has recouped
You're broker than when Libra left you crying for a record deal from Luke
I strike you awestruck you femanine to blackball
I'll be serving you 'till you're serving me ice cream in a mall
Some fool said this is an underground Canibus and LL
Well that's comedy, 'cause I'll serve all three of y'all
Heard Rupert had to starve all the indie artists to feed your ego
Running around the Bay looking for Sole with your foot in your mouth
I heard you like the Bay (castro) but think four tracks are wack
Lost in the ozone and all your mixdowns sound like crap
Hiding lack of intellect behind hipster catch phrase and babble
Indellibles'll never get a full-length 'cause you don't wanna be outshined
Fine, I heard you wanna kill me and get fools after me
The only violence you ever witnessed was on Menace ll Society
Try to sound deep and got masses fooled by your lack of rhythm
I elevate while you perpetuate your malopropism

[Sole mimmicking El-P]
Yo, wha, what did he just call me dun?
Yo, I don't know man
Yo, I, I don't know what he just called you man
Well, yo, go get the books, go get the Bible
Yo, man, well apparently you must have ripped all the pages out in the dictionary
man, 'cause you've used all the words
So I'm never gonna find out what he called me?
He's usin' big words against me?
Yo, this is intrepid god

I'm a hip hop artist, you style biting emcee sucker
Had a crayon contest with retarted kids and picked the wackest album cover
Picked the wrong emcee to diss subliminally, every line dissected
Yeah, I diss you on the internet, to your face and on record
For the record, I know the muck from which out you have stepped
First you sound like Beatnuts, then you're mr. 4,000 syllables
One bar, out of breath on stage a failure
Gotta quit rockin' mics and start rockin' an asthma inhaler
El-Producto, independent as Fox
Since when do indie records show up in a W-E-A box?
By saying your independent, you belittle the whole movement
Real emcee's work hard, ain't got investors to put out their music
Underground conspiracy, but this ain't used by No Limit
Mad 'cause you didn't blow up, the victim of your own wack gimmick
But some fools bought into it 'cause they don't know no better
That you're a hamburger pimp, only out for the cheddar
Yo, what's a battle emcee that can't freestyle?
All those references to imaginary emcee's, come battle me
Remember in Boston, you starting calling fools out?
And when emcee's tried to battle, you were the first to break out
Well, you surely don't wanna battle, of course you wanna fight, you're bigger
Fine, you win, we can have a contest to see who's the biggest wigger
Oh, you win again, it must feel great, I heard you don't like white emcee's
Traded in your Kani and X hats for a fresh set of Echo's and Adidas
You as hip hop as Garth Brooks and as manly as gartar belts
And if you're so creative, talk about something other than yourself
No, I'm not dissing New York or any of your comrades in arms
I'm tearing down that posterboy Miss Piggy-lookin' leprachaun
El-Pee vs. The Spice Girls (I got 5 on scary spice)
But both of y'all are in desperate need of backup singers when it's live
And I know they think you're original but follow me through this portal
You bit your whole styles from an underground emcee named Vordul
Spread rumors about me to everyone you meet, evade being a man
I heard you're putting out an instrumental album of sitars, pots and pans
You've done enough talking, so I know you ain't fading Sole
Have your boy Rupert Murdock fly you out, I'll serve you on the Wake Up Show
The red-headed kingpin, step child to a little herpe sore festering
Heard you only pull females when you tell'em you're a lesbian
Wanna sign autographs, but all your fans are rappers
The evolution will not be televised, as your #1 fan becomes your master
I'd love to give you a hand but all I got is a middle finger
Farakhan won't squash this, so we can finish it on Jerry Springer
Newsweek martyr, bring your rhetoric retort
You outta tootsie roll under your rock, your two minutes of fame got cut short
FYI: starving artists don't have corporate luncheons
Got a horrible freestyle and the rest of your style is (studio punch-ins)
The dun-crusher busts fresh overly when I blast'em
And those so-called freestyles, they all popped up on your album
Manipulate your connects so they wanna see me on a curb
But I guarantee you lyin' 'cause you know 1-on 1 you'd get served
Now it's time to pay dues like when Daddy Warbucks
Bought your face onto the cover of the last Stress
We gonna battle, so write your rhymes ahead of time
And I'll still come twice as fresh
And keep it all in the family, like Rose, I'll take a back seat
Keep my name out your mouths like my wax from the racks of (phat beats)
Fat ego's inflated, hope you liked my little poem
And hope to hear from you soon, signed, your friend, Sole

elslovene
01-27-2007, 10:15 AM
El-P: "Straight up if it wasn't for cats like me
For real and I am not bullshittin
If it wasn't for cats like me you wouldn't be in the rec
in the door and I know that's true now knowwhatmsayin?
Because now you're really in some of it"

Sole: "Where's Len? I told Len that fuckin; I said {slight pause}
Quote, that I said, I love Company Flow
I don't wanna be against you guys I-I-I quote
quote, unquote I said, I wanna be down - you know;
like I said I don't want beef with you guys
YouknowIamlikedude; like fuckin
this whole shit is bananas, y'know"

El-P: "Like you're gonna make it by dissing me
You know the record that got CoFlow scared, knowwhatmsayin??
It's like DO I SOUND SCARED??"

Sole: "No I don't think you sound very scared"

Some cats know us but this one don't
I oughta pierce this fuckin phallus through your rookie ass throat
Yo Duke, don't step to me until you're ripened fruit
I'm loopy from the invitations from funeral glue
Stone poems dissolve combatants via shards through 56k high speed
Still blitzed like relaxed I'll call geisha felatio deeds
like fertilizer bombs packed in air tower compartment docks
Sticky fuck revolution shot - send all complaints to Rupert Murdoch
I'll black out in the mug of suburbanites with little stinger's crew
You volunteer for the draft stupid--thats on you!!
On some upper middle class romantic notion
So the mortar scraps'll fly cry gates section 8 escape like Klinger do
The demented happy face bruised back for pussycrew packin
Rockin clam diggers with cut knees in Hepatitis puddles - no vaccine
Plus 99% are down but you still give respect for
Silently questionin your direction - like Amistad passenger section
Gilbert Grape against Magneto odds;
Ultimate Break 5 versus your needle pops;
Davey Jones versus Goliath;
I'm Ed Sullivan Beatles crowd response
I slowed it down - try to download this gig to formatted floppy disk
while heads bop like epileptics sucking my dick to some off-beat shit

Sole: "I l-l-l-l-l-l-love Company Flow"
::scratch:: "y-y-you ******"

This spoiled brat little young saga got a mommy bought my sampler tapes
(Sole: "I wanna be down")
Make sure every one sheet snippet tape flyer sticker and t-shirt
got a representation of my name and face
I rock beats that Tina Yothers morning sickness without makeup ugly dusty
Fucked up four track dirty ass crack pirate radio readiness
Okay fella; I own my masters, lyrics, merchandise
mic, turntables, style psychosis pain and penis
Deranged cadence kills syllable UV needles
Makin gangsters in the crowd throw bottles at my people
We dip on life cycles few data crisp since
custom Jeep Dapper Dan era in 3 fat goose
swingin discs of Tron to disembowel your village elder
Fuckin sick isn't it? Bucket my piss while you're at it kiss the dog dick
Try to act monstrous but just a Beanie Baby after my profit
That don't do much for hip hop - that isn't respect it's cockfondlin
In eighty-nine we called it tip-doggin; but you ain't know that rookie
Don't ever try to front like you know me or my people
By the way Vordul did I bite?

Vordul: "yea right!!--thats fantasy lie snake trife"

Sole: "like fuckin - this whole shit is bananas"

You little lying muthafucka you know you kiss my ass
and then you try to ::scratch:: "change up the past"
Who fell into their own hari kari kit when they lied to themselves
Self abuse by selling lies self destructive
I am Captain Kirk, Spock and Lieutenant Uhura on the away team
You're Henson Lebowitz - the sacrificial lamb for the episode
You beamed to the wrong planet this time
wth a hot pink phaser and one line
before getting morphed to ****** dust for not knowing our status
Automatic and absolutely the poisonous shit-licking one cyber reject
New England rich boy soon to catch a Bay Area eject
Marionette pussy non-veteran
I got more friends than you where you live
(Menopause/ Men all pause) when I stop that flow of estrogen
You wanna be on the cutting edge--sliced up
Emotions knifed--life sucks
feeling dejected when frustration is misdirected in official election
Conjections on top of blaming misinformation textures
So inane--I cause colon blow pain
You have an obsession respect it
From now on you're immortalized playin yourself on my record
Congratu-fuckin-lations; isn't that what you wanted-- IDIOT!!
There's more than a little difference between yours and mines existence
This is my ride; and your not commadering it
The only thing advanced about your music
is that you need a computer to hear it
This year your independent,
last year you was on some keep it real shit, right?
The last year before that you discovered hip-hop
and you immediately became an internet genius
Fecetious pseudo-intellectualism can't contest wisdom
I feel like Selena; the president of my fan club trying to kill me
And you'se a bad ass?
Let's take a Linda Trip file since you wanted to play the game filthy
Bad enough that you lied about me; front like this isn't your voice
I'll be force to release the microcassette in it's entirety

Sole: "I mean, fuckin Len knows, I mean.. y'know I like your shit
You know it's not really like that y'know"

El-P: "I don't know that you like my shit
I haven't even heard your record
I have no idea what you think about me"

Sole: "I-I-I-I-I love Company Flow--I love Company Flow
I don't wanna be against you guys--I don't wanna be against you guys
I wanna be down--I-I-I-I-I wanna be down--I-I-I-I-I wanna be down

:: "I love Company Flow" -- Sole's voice stretched and echoed
so it sounds like he's sputtering and stuttering:::

This is one of those precious moments of ferocious paybacks
Closest to the perfect scenario you made a move but it backfired
Magnified by the fact that you tried to project a persona
of confrontation by subverting a crew who in fact you idolized
Next time your delusions of groupie lust and battle fame
Isolated website hip-hop coast Tiger Beat subscription addiction
Malignancy career impotency lies high school gossip power move
will simply get you beat the fuck up, LIAR!!
Spell my God Damn name right next time pussy
Feel the beauty of futulity served with arsenic cookies
and old lace, you tried to save facial; yo fuck that I fold space
You musta thought you was Canibus trying to eat my ass
How does the hole taste Timmy?
You don't even deserve this moment--do you?
You haven't paid enough dues to get a battle--PUPIL!!
Run along and do your little interviews with your fantasy life distortion
Next time you reveal your true self make sure that no one records it
YOU STUPID!!

Sole: "To be totally honest with you--I think your being cool, y'know
Like; I mean, taking in consideration everything--y'know"

El-P: "Yaknahmsayin my plan was especially to ignore you, but like,
now it's gettin very difficult to do that because you're makin too..
you're makin too big a deal, out of what you perceive as a diss to you;
when in reality like, I don't think your completely
positive that your totally correct on this one"

Sole: "Uh, I don't feel very correct right now; at this point
That's why I don't really have anything to say because it's like
well fuck, you know I made I made my El-P diss record already y'know?"

::scratching::::
damn thats a sucka---******----
Get played, out of position
---true feelings---
m-m-murder a rookie----
suck the dick kid and eat the dick cookie----
e-e-e-at the dick cookie

elslovene
01-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Now I'm not the biggest fan of El-P's response, it's no "Patriotism", but Sole is a victim of self-imcrimination in this battle. There is just no way you can win a battle, no matter how vicious your lyrics are, when the person you're battling has a sample of your conversation, taken presumably after you had already recorded your diss track, whining about how much you love the artist you dissed and how much you want to be down with them. Everything memorable and interesting in your diss track has become null and void, and the few people that ever knew what you did are all laughing at you.

CiderMouseRules
01-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Naw, the recorded convo was after the dis track was recorded, I think.

Mr.Nipples
01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
i just fucking farted!