PDA

View Full Version : Campers not Cattle

moooo
01-24-2007, 01:37 AM
The "Registration" line to pass security into camping on Friday night of last year was OUT OF CONTROL. Total chaos. Everyone should heed the eminent warning to arrive well before 9pm. If not earlier.

The security is so tight that campers have to walk their gear through checkpoints. This means your gear comes with you in line. Smart kids have wheelbarrows and carts. Smart kids also show up at 5.

I pulled into the parking lot around 9 last year and was in line till 3am...then had the time of my life! The onsite camping is very near perfection.

Good Days Last
01-24-2007, 01:50 AM
The "Registration" line to pass security into camping on Friday night of last year was OUT OF CONTROL. Total chaos. Everyone should heed the eminent warning to arrive well before 9pm. If not earlier.

The security is so tight that campers have to walk their gear through checkpoints. This means your gear comes with you in line. Smart kids have wheelbarrows and carts. Smart kids also show up at 5.

I pulled into the parking lot around 9 last year and was in line till 3am...then had the time of my life! The onsite camping is very near perfection.

I'm pretty sure things should be a bit more under control this year with it opening at 5pm on Thursday.

tiffdud41
01-24-2007, 11:04 AM
yes! Bring a biggo wagon! Last year I drove and camped by myself and somehow ended up at the far end of the campsite....while unloading my car and making trips to and from the campsite, my car was towed. I was fortunate enough to find my car before they totally removed it from the event area, but if I had only had the forethought to bring a wagon all of that could have been avoided.