PDA

View Full Version : NIN gig raided

shotglass75
04-19-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.opensourceresistance.net/

what the hell is going on with NIN? WOW!!!!

amyzzz
04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
I couldn't find anything about NIN on that link.

rage patton
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Me either.

shotglass75
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
click on the meeting raided footage here link and at around 13:50 you'll see the band start. not sure when it's raided. haven't got that far yet

edit
38:20 or so

canexplain
04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.opensourceresistance.net/

what the hell is going on with NIN? WOW!!!!

have you been following all the hype/marketing/inventiveness of this whole year zero thing ... i called that number on the cd like a zillion other people, and now i am "part of the problem, and on the watch list" lol ... and if you got the hyper cd, you put it in the oven and it turns from black to white with a hex code of a lot of numbers, then you convert it and go to "secret site", all kind of stuff ... courtney said it was "too matrix" for her but i think it is kind of cool .. cr****

amyzzz
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I think I'm too lazy to keep up with NIN. My husband won't let me buy the CD because we already d/l'ed it. Oh well.

york707
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Here's a full explanation of it. If you couldn't guess, the whole thing was staged. Duh.

http://www.yourstandardlife.com/

PotVsKtl
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
It's called an ARG. It's not real.

TomAz
04-19-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah. CR's right. this was a publicity stunt.

canexplain
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I also thought the message board on anotherversionofthetruth.com was messed up with all of those lines and things, but if you have the cd, the artwork has the same sort of lines … that trent, you cant keep a good artist down … cr***

J~$$$
But it looks so realz.

shotglass75
of course it's not reel but it's cool none the less

shotglass75
04-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I mean give the guy credit for not just throwing some songs on a cd. There is alot more to Year Zero than just some songs.

disgustipated
04-19-2007, 11:02 AM
GENIUS!!!!!!

bartelby
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
i must say, if i was still a student and had tons of time on my hands i would love doing all this shit

amyzzz
04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
i must say, if i was still a student and had tons of time on my hands i would love doing all this shit
Good point. This is just a marketing ploy to get some new, younger fans who have time on their hands. I certainly don't.

suprefan
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I posted this last night on the new cd releases thing. Yeah it was a stunt.

disgustipated
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
GENIUS!!!

J~$$$
04-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I wanna have his baby thats what id do if I had more time.

canexplain
04-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I actually like Year Zero pretty well … but they have to do something to hype the cd because industrial is not as popular as it used to be at all .. back in the days of Skinny Puppy, Front 242, and early Nails it was pretty strong … now if Swedish Death Metal would just come back ..not … cr*****

disgustipated
04-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I think its more of...in this day of downloads and file sharing, artists are putting more into the album artwork to incourage people to buy the album instead of downloading.

DeltaSigChi4
04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
NIN sucks.

E

wmgaretjax
04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
genius? inventive?

it's viral marketing people. it's been around for a while. The only difference is now some lame top 40 band is doing it.

ewiggy
04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
NIN sucks.

E

naw, man, NIN SAVED MUSIC.

K

menikmati
04-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I think it's "hey this album isn't very good, but if you buy it instead of d/ling it, well uh, you can do all sorts of cool stuff".

crazzz2007
04-19-2007, 12:05 PM
is this what NIN has resorted to? gimmicks?

wmgaretjax
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
naw, man, NIN SAVED MUSIC.

K

hahahahaha. perfect.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I think I'm too lazy to keep up with NIN. My husband won't let me buy the CD because we already d/l'ed it. Oh well.

Wag of the Finger.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM
NIN sucks.

E

Delta - the fucking douche supreme of the board.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
have you been following all the hype/marketing/inventiveness of this whole year zero thing ... i called that number on the cd like a zillion other people, and now i am "part of the problem, and on the watch list" lol ... and if you got the hyper cd, you put it in the oven and it turns from black to white with a hex code of a lot of numbers, then you convert it and go to "secret site", all kind of stuff ... courtney said it was "too matrix" for her but i think it is kind of cool .. cr****

You don't have to put the disc in your oven you know, unless you have the new BOSE oven or something.

amyzzz
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
My husband's reasoning is we don't need to give more money to Trent Reznor--he's a millionaire. I want to buy it, but I don't want to get into another huge argument over it. I guess I shouldn't have had him d/l it, so I could avoid this shit.

canexplain
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
C Dub, that was funny … I just read that is what you do to change the color but not sure … I bought the cheap cd … I will say this about Trent.. When they played Coachella, we saw them there (big outdoor fest of course), then we saw them at the Pepsi Center (large indoor venue), then at Red Rocks (midsize/small outdoor venue), and then at the Fillmore (midsize/small indoor venue) .. Now I don’t pay attention to set lists but I would guess, most of the sets were much the same songs …. Well each show was totally different and unique in its own way … how many bands could pull that off … Art For Art’s Sake (10 CC lol, and we all know what the 10cc means) … cr*** following them that year was like being a Deadhead, only a Nailhead ..Sorry for the lame joke :) ….

crazzz2007
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
you could just delete the mp3 and destroy any cd's you burned....would that make you feel better?

ewiggy
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
c dub has taken up triple posting?

wmgaretjax
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM
C Dub, that was funny … I just read that is what you do to change the color but not sure … I bought the cheap cd … I will say this about Trent.. When they played Coachella, we saw them there (big outdoor fest of course), then we saw them at the Pepsi Center (large indoor venue), then at Red Rocks (midsize/small outdoor venue), and then at the Fillmore (midsize/small indoor venue) .. Now I don’t pay attention to set lists but I would guess, most of the sets were much the same songs …. Well each show was totally different and unique in its own way … how many bands could pull that off … Art For Art’s Sake (10 CC lol, and we all know what the 10cc means) … cr*** following them that year was like being a Deadhead, only a Nailhead ..Sorry for the lame joke :) ….

you followed NIN around? wow... and you called NIN art.

just wow...

mountmccabe
04-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I actually like Year Zero pretty well … but they have to do something to hype the cd because industrial is not as popular as it used to be at all .. back in the days of Skinny Puppy, Front 242, and early Nails it was pretty strong … now if Swedish Death Metal would just come back ..not … cr*****

There's still plenty of Sweedish death metal; they're just not popular. Doesn't mean they'ren't good.

canexplain
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
There's still plenty of Sweedish death metal; they're just not popular. Doesn't mean they'ren't good.

i have a little trouble with the vocals , thats all ... and no i didnt follow NIN around, they just happened to be where i wanted to be ... cr***

canexplain
04-19-2007, 12:48 PM
And yes I do consider it Art …. Totally throw out the music as art, you have ….. cirque de solie, blue man group, and NIN, performance art … when Neil Young did the Greendale tour, it was a play … people like early genesis, bowie, Pink floyd and the kinks did more then play music …. I go for the music and enjoy the other just as much sometimes …. The year of seeing NIN 4 times, we saw a concert almost every 3 days and sometimes it was fests (coachella, waka, roo, vegoose) where you could see many bands … and I love em all … screw the people that say “I hate xxxxx” ….cr****

wmgaretjax
04-19-2007, 01:00 PM
music can be art, that wasn't my issue.

blue man group... you told me.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM

The heat of your computer player or car stereo - or your hand for that matter, is all the heat it needs. As for triple posting - I was going for the cycle but I popped out.

suprefan
04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Mine wont change colors anymore. It was fine when I bought it, I put it in my car cd player and it changed colors when I took it out. I then put it back in the case and I tried to make it chage colors with my finger and nothing happens anymore. I WANT A REFUND!!! j/k

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM
put it in the fridge for a minute, When its cold - its black - when you heat it up - its off white

canexplain
04-19-2007, 03:48 PM
sort of like glowsticks .. hey at coachella they could have a NIN cd war ..cr****

Alchemy
04-19-2007, 06:40 PM
That was fun.

suprefan
04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
put it in the fridge for a minute, When its cold - its black - when you heat it up - its off white

Well its been black C dub, it wont even turn white with my finger, so whack. Anyway, I want a tour now. I need to use this piece of plastic I carry in my wallet called the NIN fan club for something.

bballarl
04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Don't forget to take paint thinner and pour it on the side with paint on it. Then after you do that, play that side. It is a hidden album of B-sides.

Sexecutioner
04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
seems like more and more people are doing that interactive marketing where it tries to become real life. like the show lost, they made up whole corporations and shit to get people into this sort of game. you would call real phone numbers and shit to get clues, and go online. i got into that for a couple days, then i realized i didnt have nearly enough free time to follow it.

And yes I do consider it Art …. Totally throw out the music as art, you have ….. cirque de solie, blue man group, and NIN, performance art … when Neil Young did the Greendale tour, it was a play … people like early genesis, bowie, Pink floyd and the kinks did more then play music ….

Jane's Addiction was another band who made their music and concerts more like art. I wasnt lucky enough to see them back in the day, but their relapse tour was the best shit ive ever seen. I almost felt like i was at a cirque de solie show, but the chicks were hotter and the music was better.

canexplain
04-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Jane's Addiction was another band who made their music and concerts more like art. I wasnt lucky enough to see them back in the day, but their relapse tour was the best shit ive ever seen. I almost felt like i was at a cirque de solie show, but the chicks were hotter and the music was better.

Perry used to do this bit, i think it is on the ws95 vid, but a "clown" got on stage and before it was over, there was this clown with blood squirting all over him as he died ... it was funny ... reminded me of that snl skit of the cooking lady when she cuts a vein, and starts squirting everywhere .. that cracked me up ... cr****

ARBJORK
04-19-2007, 09:19 PM
well, at least he tried to be creative. it is something similar to those stories and rallies that pink floyd did in the end of the 80's where they would send signs and msgs in the baby internet and on the lightning during the concerts. If you wanna dig about it search for ENIGMA pink floyd keywords all together.

SojuGorae
04-19-2007, 09:29 PM
My husband's reasoning is we don't need to give more money to Trent Reznor--he's a millionaire. I want to buy it, but I don't want to get into another huge argument over it. I guess I shouldn't have had him d/l it, so I could avoid this shit.

Other people's wealth bother you?

canexplain
04-19-2007, 09:37 PM
well, at least he tried to be creative. it is something similar to those stories and rallies that pink floyd did in the end of the 80's where they would send signs and msgs in the baby internet and on the lightning during the concerts. If you wanna dig about it search for ENIGMA pink floyd keywords all together.

i remember seeing this "effect" that floyd did when they played the hollywood bowl the first time they first played Dark Side (71 or 72?) .. there were these laser lights that formed 3 or 4 pyrimids sp that were almost as tall as the top of the bowl (50 feet?) that went in circles all over the stage as they turned .. sort of hard to describe, but it was soooo cool .. Yes used to do a lot of great stage stuff ... Tales of Topographic Oceans with giant fish and all sort of ocean creatures and effects ..... or even more recently when Bowie did the Glass Spider tour and had that giant rope like spider that here at mile high stadium, must have been at least 100-150 foot tall ah, the great ole prog bands of yore ... cr***

faxman75
04-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Best song on the new album is God Given. Love the album.

jerpar24
04-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't forget to take paint thinner and pour it on the side with paint on it. Then after you do that, play that side. It is a hidden album of B-sides.

God I hope no one listens to you