PDA

View Full Version : SNL-The Shooting... What song is this?

rage patton
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Who watched SNL last weekend? Where Shia Lebeouf hosted?
Anyways, I thought this skit was freaking hilarious! But I have had one burning question stuck in my mind since I saw it... who does the song they keep playing! See if you know...

k1Zmjc4FJxk

Who does this song and what is it called?
Thanks!

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap

This whole thing just reminded me of that episode of the OC where Marissa shoots Ryan's brother. They used the same song in that as well, but it's a little late for a parody really.

rage patton
04-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Imogen Heap? Really?
Hmmm... I dont know much about her... but thats not her singing the main vocals in that song is it?
It sounds like a guys vocals. Oh well.
So that was an OC parody eh? Either way, I thought it was pretty damn funny.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Yep its Imogen Heap, yeah she does it all herself.

rage patton
04-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Yep its Imogen Heap, yeah she does it all herself.

Really? Thats her vocals? Wow... thats pretty talented actually.

Mr.Nipples
04-18-2007, 11:30 PM
its getting octa-fucked by a vocoder, thus her 'man' voice...

rage patton
04-18-2007, 11:31 PM

Ahhh yes. That would make sense. Haha... octa-fucked.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 11:32 PM

Yes it is, wouldnt you like to octaf**k her right?

KenMixtape
04-19-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.filmica.com/hardasmal/archivos/Octopussy_41450a.jpg

MonsoonSeason
04-19-2007, 12:56 AM
man the OC was a really bad show

damn I can't believe that they would do something like this in a serious manner, even the first part

very funny

All That I Am
04-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Little Known Fact:
Imogen Heap was the sixth Spice Girl but got kicked out when her Mac crashed during a live performance of Wannabe.

bug on your lip
04-19-2007, 06:58 AM
that skit was hilarious

one of my favs from them in a long time

B

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap

This whole thing just reminded me of that episode of the OC where Marissa shoots Ryan's brother. They used the same song in that as well, but it's a little late for a parody really.

Well I guess they said thats where the idea came from and while funny - thus lies the problems with SNL of recent years...Tardiness. (laughing during skits week in week out doesn't help either)

That OC episode was the end of season 2 from what I gathered (2 years ago). Then when Piven hosted they spoofed MacGuyver 3 times. That show ended 10 years ago!

The shooting skit is titled "Dear Sister"

Every week it seems we get MAYBE one gem from the 90 minutes of SNL - thats a ton of filler and crap left over, Weekend Update isn't as good as its been either.

for example
Rainn hosting we had the "business meeting" digital short.
Natalie Portman - we had her Hard Core Rap (digital short), maybe "Noonie Family"
Shia Lebouf - "Dear Sister" (digital short) and the "Underage Beer Buyers" was good
Justin timberlake - "Dick in a Box" (digital short) Barry Gibb Talk Show (maybe)
Jeremy Piven - "MacGruber"
Peyton Manning - "Peyton Manning for the United Way" (digital short)

hey there's a pattern there.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 08:10 AM
the song clip they keep using in the skit is the last part of the song only, by the way.

Most of the song doesn't have that "hook", just in case you kids are rushing out to go buy it.

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Imogen Heap is an amazing artist. I've loved her since Frou Frou. Her voice literally sends shivers up my spine. I'll have to check out the skit when I'm not at work.

KenMixtape
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
for example
Rainn hosting we had the "business meeting" digital short..

Riverbliss (the New Age band fighting in the studio) from that episode was the best. I want a Riverbliss t-shirt...

caco0283
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
i didnt like the skit really....it was tasteless

rage patton
04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Well I guess they said thats where the idea came from and while funny - thus lies the problems with SNL of recent years...Tardiness. (laughing during skits week in week out doesn't help either)

That OC episode was the end of season 2 from what I gathered (2 years ago). Then when Piven hosted they spoofed MacGuyver 3 times. That show ended 10 years ago!

The shooting skit is titled "Dear Sister"

Every week it seems we get MAYBE one gem from the 90 minutes of SNL - thats a ton of filler and crap left over, Weekend Update isn't as good as its been either.

for example
Rainn hosting we had the "business meeting" digital short.
Natalie Portman - we had her Hard Core Rap (digital short), maybe "Noonie Family"
Shia Lebouf - "Dear Sister" (digital short) and the "Underage Beer Buyers" was good
Justin timberlake - "Dick in a Box" (digital short) Barry Gibb Talk Show (maybe)
Jeremy Piven - "MacGruber"
Peyton Manning - "Peyton Manning for the United Way" (digital short)

hey there's a pattern there.

Those digital shorts amazing. They really are turning out to be the best part of SNL.
You forgot Laser Cats though. That ones a classic. Laster Cats 2 wasn't as funny. The first Laser Ctas was hilarious though because it was totally random an unexpected.
Rainn Wilson in the Buisness Meeting has probably been my favorite in the last couple years though. "Captain Pajama Shark!?" Actually, the entire Rainn Wilson episode was pretty funny.
Also, don't forget the Chronicles of Narnia Rap.
Im looking forward to this Saturday though. Scarlette Johanson is hosting and Bjork is the musical guest. I hope she plays Earth Intruders.

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Those digital shorts amazing. They really are turning out to be the best part of SNL.
You forgot Laser Cats though. That ones a classic. Laster Cats 2 wasn't as funny. The first Laser Ctas was hilarious though because it was totally random an unexpected.
Rainn Wilson in the Buisness Meeting has probably been my favorite in the last couple years though. "Captain Pajama Shark!?" Actually, the entire Rainn Wilson episode was pretty funny.
Also, don't forget the Chronicles of Narnia Rap.
Im looking forward to this Saturday though. Scarlette Johanson is hosting and Bjork is the musical guest. I hope she plays Earth Intruders.

She is.

there are def more skits I like - just rattled off a few that came to mind.
I also liked SLOTHS and DOPPLEGANGER

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 12:24 PM
i didnt like the skit really....it was tasteless

No.

The skit is not tasteless. I expected this comment in light of recent events - because people are so quick to be so PC, A bunch of BS. Its a comedy show on at 11:30pm not some Saturday morning cartoon.

Lighten thee up.

caco0283
04-19-2007, 01:25 PM
i just didnt find it funny.....oh look im shot you and you shot me...oh look my sister is shot....and when the cop started reading the note....its was very predictable on what was going to happen next.....i just found it dumb....now the natalie portman rap....that is funny

C DUB YA
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Not funny - maybe I guess.

Tastless - no.

I guess I found it funny because it picked on the over dramatization and use of song by that awful awful show. Too bad most people did not know that. I still find it funny whether you know the reference or not. Its also just obscure enough to keep me interested - I knew what was going to happen as well, but that didn't matter. Execution, not predictability.

rage patton
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
i just didnt find it funny.....oh look im shot you and you shot me...oh look my sister is shot....and when the cop started reading the note....its was very predictable on what was going to happen next.....i just found it dumb....now the natalie portman rap....that is funny

The facial expressions and the music is what did it for me. The look on Andy Sambergs face when he looks over his shoulder is priceless. Also, the look on Shia Labeoufs face when he gets shot had me almost in tears. He looked so happy one second them *BAM* he gets shot, and he looks so sad. Then when they when they start the song over everytime a gun fired when they are shooting his sister, its just hilarious. It is stupid and predictable... but its SNL. And thats just why I found it funny.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
MACGRUBER!

HunterGather
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Random thread bump is random.

Gribbz
01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I can tullllerrrate SNL thanks to Sir Charles.

Still-ill
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
!!!! Sir Charles is tonight! Oh shit..

boarderwoozel3
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
That's right! I need to watch for sure.

(How the hell did I forget Barkley was hosting tonight after the 3,453,957 plugs during football today, sheesh)

york707
01-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Tonight's episode was easily one of the best in a long time.

TommyboyUNM
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I thought it was one of the worst I've seen in a while. Charles Barkley was not funny and the only thing that made me laugh even a little was McGrudder.

york707
01-09-2010, 11:48 PM
It had some of the best writing in a while. Even for Barkley.

TommyboyUNM
01-09-2010, 11:52 PM
In all fairness, I wasn't fully paying attention. The 25% of the show I tuned out could have been hilarious. I felt like they dumbed down the show a bit, and that's saying a lot for SNL. The sketch of the movie quote game show. Eh.

boarderwoozel3
01-10-2010, 12:13 AM
The monologue was disappointing. Good call with the dumbing down, Tommy.

sbessiso
01-10-2010, 05:54 AM
I fell asleep before the cold opening was even over.

Next week is what im really excited for, my sexy wife Sigourney Weaver is hosting!!

york707
01-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Dumbed down from what? When was the last time it was smart?

C DUB YA
01-10-2010, 12:29 PM
the barkley show was awful

york707
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
eh whatever. I thought it was one of the better ones in recent memory. On the other hand, I was pretty drunk last night.

thom cobain
01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Racist MacGrubber was pretty funny. Also, when Keenan does that convict character, kills me everytime. "Cause this here is real!" Charles was decent in that one.

bmack86
01-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I can't stand macgruber. Such a lame skit.

york707
01-10-2010, 01:08 PM

I couldn't stand MacGruber at first, but it has totally grown on me. The racist MacGruber was hilarious.

sbessiso
01-10-2010, 05:59 PM

And theres an actual feature film of it coming soon :nono

rage patton
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
PEPSUBER!

jackstraw94086
01-10-2010, 08:53 PM

That's actually her real voice doubled with a very mildly vocoded backup track (that she actually tunes herself live when she performs.

humanoid
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
after watching the Joseph Gordon Levitt show, I thought this week's was phenomenal

Still-ill
01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah they wasted JGL... that was horrible. Taylor Swift was pretty bad too, and James Franco was decent (they kind of wasted his comedic prowess though).

TallGuyCM
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
So what the FUCK were the Ting Tings doing on SNL this past weekend? They're terrible to begin with, but even so THEY DON'T HAVE A NEW ALBUM THEY'RE PROMOTING, just played the same old shit.

DRcube
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
theyre nominated for best new artist at the grammys this year

york707
01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I wanted to punch Joseph Gordon Levitt. How fucking annoying. I liked James Franco, though.

TallGuyCM
01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I wanted to punch Joseph Gordon Levitt. How fucking annoying. I liked James Franco, though.

Hey, those flips off the wall JGL was doing during the monologue were pretty pimp.

york707
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Hey, those flips off the wall JGL was doing during the monologue were pretty pimp.

Too bad he couldn't keep a note while he was doing that and too bad we had to sit through such a long unfunny setup just so he could do that.

TallGuyCM
02-25-2010, 10:25 PM
For the few who care:

March 13th SNL - Jude Law/Pearl Jam

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 12:38 AM
1/2 of that is great ^^^

its also gunna be Zack Galifhswfsfsdf/Vampire Weekend

TallGuyCM
02-26-2010, 12:51 AM
1/2 of that is great ^^^

I know! The Pearl Jam part! Couldn't agree with you more.

sbessiso
02-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Jude Law will smolder you to death

http://lawofdesire.net/images/jude/judelaw.jpg

TallGuyCM
02-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Jude Law will smolder you to death

http://lawofdesire.net/images/jude/judelaw.jpg

:cat

TallGuyCM
03-15-2010, 10:54 PM
So I just watched the Pearl Jam clips of their SNL performances over the weekend, and they were absolutely flawless. They played the 2 best songs on their newest album, and Eddie's voice sounded 1,000x better than the last time they were on TV when they played Conan's first show last June.

Those 2 performances made me proud to call them my favorite band.

sbessiso
03-16-2010, 03:05 AM
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes