PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see MORRISSEY for FREE?

suprefan
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Well again I get flaked on for Jimmy Kimmel so, this friday Morrissey will be on Jimmy Kimmel and I have an extra spot for the performance. PM me or post here, be serious and don't flake on me last minute.

MonsoonSeason
04-18-2007, 10:14 AM
oh I thought this was going to be a joke thread :/

ghettojournalist
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
i get paid to see morrissey.

bmack86
04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm really tempted to take you up on that, but I can honestly say that I'd probably flake when my roommates get stoned and make an amazing meal.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 10:21 AM
i get paid to see morrissey.

I got free tickets to see him too(not this show another one), so we both win.

amyzzz
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
argh.

amyzzz
04-18-2007, 10:31 AM
....meaning I would love to go, but I would have to move heaven and earth to get there. It's cool of you to offer.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Well i am asking here first before I head to the morrissey forums, I know somebody will snag it up in 5 seconds.

mozabilly54
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I do but it will be impossible for me to get to LA on Friday. :( If it was Saturday I could but it's not. :(

amyzzz
04-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Right. I work until 6pm here in Mesa, AZ. :(

suprefan
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
We have a winner!! Fatbastard will be going with me to see Moz.

captncrzy
04-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Dammit....well, if you have an extra ticket to the regular show, count me in.

kreutz2112
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
when bands play on talk shows, how many songs do they typically play?

suprefan
04-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Keep checking on www.1iota.com on the jimmy kimmel schedule page. Tickets are popping up cause the VIP people let them go. And it depends on what talk show, on Letterman Conan and Leno you get one song. Jimmy Kimmel does 2 for tv and then more afterwards. Carson Daly is 2 songs. Late, Late show is 1 song I thnk too. SNL is 2.

schoolofruckus
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
You're only supposed to go to the show once every six weeks or so. Your selfishness prevails yet again over respect to the rest of the concert-going public.

thinnerair
04-18-2007, 01:57 PM
morrissey is for dicks.

suprefan
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
You're only supposed to go to the show once every six weeks or so. Your selfishness prevails yet again over respect to the rest of the concert-going public.

F**k that s**t, I go whenever I want.

schoolofruckus
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Exactly. Because you're a bastard with no manners.

kreutz2112
04-18-2007, 02:24 PM
when bands play on talk shows, how many songs do they typically play?

well?

Courtney
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
well?

Pst... read the thread (http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154519&postcount=14).

suprefan
04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
well?

Read my post? kthxbye

Look who is talking.

schoolofruckus
04-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Unless "bastard with no manners" now means "one who thinks that suprefan is a retarded skidmark whose participation in the board makes it automatically a hundred times less interesting or tolerable than it would normally be", then that's just not true. I am a civilized gentleman with no shortage of charm or affability. Except to you.

amyzzz
04-18-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.portlandmercury.com/podcasts/files/2006/07/Cat-Fight.jpg

BlueDevil50
04-19-2007, 01:05 AM
suprefan is doin nothing wrong..youre "supposed" to only go once every six weeks but no one enforces that...tix are there for anyones taking and hes not cheating anyone outta tix...if you really wanna go, beat him (and me) to the punch...nothing beats a free show!

crazzz2007
04-19-2007, 02:38 AM
suprefan is doin nothing wrong..youre "supposed" to only go once every six weeks but no one enforces that...tix are there for anyones taking and hes not cheating anyone outta tix...if you really wanna go, beat him (and me) to the punch...nothing beats a free show!

agreed

schoolofruckus
04-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Good. I'm glad you two agree with him that a show has no right to ask you to follow some simple rules in exchange for providing you with all these free mini-concerts, but that doesn't make it so.

kreutz2112
04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Pst... read the thread (http://coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154519&postcount=14).

Read my post? kthxbye

fuck me

amyzzz
04-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Morrissey would be against all this hostility.

smokealotapotamus
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Good. I'm glad you two agree with him that a show has no right to ask you to follow some simple rules in exchange for providing you with all these free mini-concerts, but that doesn't make it so.

a dumbass and a crying baby, seems appropriate.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2rhxs13.jpg

TomAz
04-19-2007, 11:38 AM

No one enforces it because they rely on your honor. Of which you apparently have none.

ThomThom
04-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Suprefan really puts some sort of thorn in your ass doesn't he?...what gives?

schoolofruckus
04-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Basically: he used to brag about what an awesome scalper he is; he posted pictures of 24 Radiohead tickets that he'd gotten to last summer's Berkeley/Los Angeles shows when nearly every single Californian on the board was rueing their inability to get tickets to same; he's won myspace contests in Los Angeles and then went and scalped those tickets. Then, every time I call him a scalper, he threatens to beat my ass, because in his feeble little brain, the fact that now he's appointed himself as some kind of Coachella board guru who answers questions and helps newbies somehow redeems all of that shit. I never liked him to begin with - he about as clever and interesting as your average bag of Funyuns - but all this stuff puts him in Delta league. In fact, fuck that - at least Delta's honest about what a douche he is. Suprefan's that, with a side of denial.

However - as much as I truly dislike him and would pick on him even if I saw him on the street (God knows he's posted enough photos that I could probably pick him out of a crowd of scalpers) - the reason I rag on him is because it's funny to me. Every time he comes back and tells me he's going to "kick my butt" or run me over with his car, I laugh. It's cheap and somewhat parasitic on my part, but I don't care.

mob roulette
04-19-2007, 03:05 PM
why is kimmel sold out on the 17th of may with no announced guests, musical or otherwise? japanese tourists? i'm just hypothesizing here.

mob roulette
04-19-2007, 03:22 PM
that was a serious question, btw. sorry to interrupt.

suprefan
04-19-2007, 07:24 PM
More tickets got released for Morrissey tomorrow.

www.1iota.com go get em while they last.

Rain might happen though, but still.

Basically: he used to brag about what an awesome scalper he is; he posted pictures of 24 Radiohead tickets that he'd gotten to last summer's Berkeley/Los Angeles shows when nearly every single Californian on the board was rueing their inability to get tickets to same; he's won myspace contests in Los Angeles and then went and scalped those tickets. Then, every time I call him a scalper, he threatens to beat my ass, because in his feeble little brain, the fact that now he's appointed himself as some kind of Coachella board guru who answers questions and helps newbies somehow redeems all of that shit. I never liked him to begin with - he about as clever and interesting as your average bag of Funyuns - but all this stuff puts him in Delta league. In fact, fuck that - at least Delta's honest about what a douche he is. Suprefan's that, with a side of denial.

However - as much as I truly dislike him and would pick on him even if I saw him on the street (God knows he's posted enough photos that I could probably pick him out of a crowd of scalpers) - the reason I rag on him is because it's funny to me. Every time he comes back and tells me he's going to "kick my butt" or run me over with his car, I laugh. It's cheap and somewhat parasitic on my part, but I don't care.

You actually think I sold my Radiohead tickets huh? Wow you are such a tard. I betray my favorite band right, nice observation. It was 12 tickets bitch, do your math. Yeah you are going to fucking crucify me over $40 right? Yeah and Delta is here making thousands of dollars and look what happens to me over $40 and that was BELOW FACE VALUE.

devachan
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
supre for the win.

suprefan
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
You got in?

ThomThom
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
He does have a point...most of those Radiohead theatre gigs last year were in the $50-$60 range with fees and such, why don't we just forget about that whole debacle and do it the way Rodney King would have wanted...God those concerts seem like so long ago, when are they going to finish that fucking album!

suprefan
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
He does have a point...most of those Radiohead theatre gigs last year were in the $50-$60 range with fees and such, why don't we just forget about that whole debacle and do it the way Rodney King would have wanted...God those concerts seem like so long ago, when are they going to finish that fucking album!

Oh, no the $40 was something else, not Radiohead.

BlueDevil50
04-20-2007, 01:19 AM
No one enforces it because they rely on your honor. Of which you apparently have none.

you again..big surprise...but honestly. its a free show, how many people do you really think honor the system? id say at most, 5%. free is free and thats what most people care about. i mean who really cares? if you wanted tickets that bad, you'd make sure you'd get them. but i know thats not your point...gotta love the old wise tom

devachan
04-20-2007, 05:32 AM
You got in?

Yep. We'll see if the boss lets me out early though. Also I'm going to see two Jimmy K mini's in the next two weeks so I'm "breaking" the rules too.

suprefan
04-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Cool, keep an eye out on your emails today though. It looks bad outside and I just have a feeling it gets moved inside.

gaypalmsprings
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
More tickets got released for Morrissey tomorrow.

www.1iota.com go get em while they last.

It shows tix available, but when you click the TIX, it says sold out.

BTW, the date that TBD is sold out, the other TV shows are also sold out on that date. Obviously a computer glitch.

suprefan
04-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Well I guess now they are gone, and yeah its raining and we are majorlly screwed unless somethign happens in the next few hour to make sure it stays outside.

TomAz
04-20-2007, 06:35 AM
you again..big surprise...but honestly. its a free show, how many people do you really think honor the system? id say at most, 5%. free is free and thats what most people care about. i mean who really cares? if you wanted tickets that bad, you'd make sure you'd get them. but i know thats not your point...gotta love the old wise tom

just cuz 95%.. ah never mind. I like the 'old wise tom' bit though.

schoolofruckus
04-20-2007, 09:30 AM
You actually think I sold my Radiohead tickets huh? Wow you are such a tard. I betray my favorite band right, nice observation. It was 12 tickets bitch, do your math. Yeah you are going to fucking crucify me over $40 right? Yeah and Delta is here making thousands of dollars and look what happens to me over $40 and that was BELOW FACE VALUE.

supre for the win.

Negro please. He calls me a tard - in earnest - and then berates me because I have my "math" wrong (since "math" is directly related to one's recollection of an internet photo). So what if I remember the photo wrong and so what if you sold ah ticket below face value? You were bragging about your scalper prowess long before that Radiohead shit went down - that's the reason why people were suspicious about you posting those photos, you cockring! I'm glad that you have some kind of scalper ethics about only scalping to shows you don't love....no, really, that's a great way to live your life. Leech when you don't like or care about the host....as long as you never try to take advantage of anyone or anything that's on your cool list, then you're still a good dude. And for fuck's sake, stop talking about Delta. The fact that you repeatedly have to compare yourself to him says more about what a stroke you are than anything I've ever said.

I don't give a fuck if people like you now or if you're on here all the time trying to be the FAQ section - you're still an asshole. Go ahead - keep trying to get yourself a date in the post your pictures thread, keep winning friends and supporters on here (for shame, devachan.....go Broncos), and keep trying to pick physical fights with me. You'll go a long way.

TomAz
04-20-2007, 09:32 AM
what was suprefan's name on the old board?

devachan
04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
(for shame, devachan.....go Broncos),

Oh fuck no. Don't even get me involved in your pissing match. When I said supre for the win, I was referring to the Morrissey tickets, not choosing sides. Also what should I be shameful for if you thought I was referring to this matter?

suprefan
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Blah blah blah blah, keep rambling Gabe.

smokealotapotamus
04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Negro please. He calls me a tard - in earnest - and then berates me because I have my "math" wrong (since "math" is directly related to one's recollection of an internet photo). So what if I remember the photo wrong and so what if you sold ah ticket below face value? You were bragging about your scalper prowess long before that Radiohead shit went down - that's the reason why people were suspicious about you posting those photos, you cockring! I'm glad that you have some kind of scalper ethics about only scalping to shows you don't love....no, really, that's a great way to live your life. Leech when you don't like or care about the host....as long as you never try to take advantage of anyone or anything that's on your cool list, then you're still a good dude. And for fuck's sake, stop talking about Delta. The fact that you repeatedly have to compare yourself to him says more about what a stroke you are than anything I've ever said.

I don't give a fuck if people like you now or if you're on here all the time trying to be the FAQ section - you're still an asshole. Go ahead - keep trying to get yourself a date in the post your pictures thread, keep winning friends and supporters on here (for shame, devachan.....go Broncos), and keep trying to pick physical fights with me. You'll go a long way.

here... I found this for you.
http://i13.tinypic.com/4bflgna.jpg

BlueDevil50
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
im gonna be releasing my two tickets to see morrissey tonight..just wanted to give you guys a heads up first, since were close friends and all =) was really looking forward to goin but i gotta do my damn navy weekend afterall early tomorrow morning...shitty! but ya, ill cancel my tix in about, uhhh 10 min? so grab em!

schoolofruckus
04-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh fuck no. Don't even get me involved in your pissing match. When I said supre for the win, I was referring to the Morrissey tickets, not choosing sides. Also what should I be shameful for if you thought I was referring to this matter?

My apologies. The timing of your post led me to believe you were declaring that losrefan had made some kind of solid point. And I wasn't even meaning to draw you into it. The "for shame" would be in reference to someone who the good sense to love the Broncos, yet still somehow able to find losrefan's defense of his actions acceptable; however, the "go Broncos" was intended as a wink that I wasn't even harboring any ill will to begin with.

As for smokealotapotamus....I'm sure you're clever in there somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it. You really should go outside and get some sun. Breathe some fresh air. Mom's basement shouldn't be the alpha and omega of your existence.

suprefan
04-20-2007, 08:38 PM
It was the s**t, Moz played 6 songs

I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
First of The Gang To Die
Disappointed
You Have Killed Me
All You Need Is Me
Ganglord

Kato!
04-20-2007, 08:41 PM
To the original question.

No thanks. Maybe somebody else though.

amyzzz
04-21-2007, 05:07 AM
I'm only recognizing song 2 and 3. I'm assuming the rest must be off his latest album, which I played once and lost somewhere in my mini-van. I really don't like his vocal style on new songs.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I recently had to eat some Shins tickets.

Couldn't give those pieces of ass paper away.

NOTE FOR RE-SELLERS [ie Supre]: Don't invest in Shins. Their shows aren't even being attended by their poor fans. List them right under A.F.I.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 10:24 AM
OH THANKS A LOT FOR THE ADVICE.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Considering you scored over TWO DOZEN tickets to Radiohead the last time they toured the U.S., you're the last person who appears to need advice. You're a PRO.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Considering you scored over TWO DOZEN tickets to Radiohead the last time they toured the U.S., you're the last person who appears to need advice. You're a PRO.

E

Did I score 2 dozen tickets? I bought 12 tickets, 2 for each of the 6 shows in cali. Which means me and another person went EVERY NIGHT. Do the math. And if I was a PRO I would make the money you make look like chump change.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah. For some reason, I don't believe a thing you say. You're a scalper.

While I am a tout. Quaint difference. But a difference nonetheless.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah. For some reason, I don't believe a thing you say. You're a scalper.

While I am a tout. Quaint difference. But a difference nonetheless.

E

We dont live in England dude, but thanks for calling me a liar.

bballarl
04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Watch out. Delta might Ultimate Fight you. Rawr.

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, 3 way cage match. Me, Gabe and Delta. TO THE DEATH

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
No. The difference between a tout and a scalper, is that the former is a professional. They behave like professionals. Not like goons. Posting images of TWO DOZEN tickets on forums where real fans are left without tickets is something a goon would do.

And I wouldn't need to "ultimate fight" anyone. Wouldn't waste my time.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:16 AM
No. The difference between a tout and a scalper, is that the former is a professional. They behave like professionals. Not like goons. Posting images of TWO DOZEN tickets on forums where real fans are left without tickets is something a goon would do.

And I wouldn't need to "ultimate fight" anyone. Wouldn't waste my time.

E

Find the photo to prove me wrong, there is a challenge I give you. The image does exist so if there is 24 they are somewhere. You seek the truth, go look for it if you want to call me out as a goon and a liar.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm watching the Playoffs.

Keep your challenge, scalper.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm watching the Playoffs.

Keep your challenge, scalper.

E

You dont want to look like an idiot now do you right? Can't handle being called out when I know THE TRUTH? I thought I was a goon and you were the professional here so you could find anything. Dont give me this holier than thou s**t. Prove me wrong or shut your mouth. You were not involved in all of that so unless you got an ace up your sleeve I suggest staying out of it.

Boourns
04-21-2007, 11:22 AM
It was the s**t, Moz played 6 songs

I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
First of The Gang To Die
Disappointed
You Have Killed Me
All You Need Is Me
Ganglord

Wish I could have been there, but I guess I didn't miss too much.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Blah. Blah. Blah.

The truth is that you're a scalper.

Worthless goon-like one too.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Blah. Blah. Blah.

The truth is that you're a scalper.

Worthless goon-like one too.

E

Right right, ok. I still leave that on the table because you dont know s**t about what happend.

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I know you're a scalper.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I know you're a scalper.

E

Uh huh

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeah. That's right.

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:41 AM
blah blah blah

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
:blah

E

suprefan
04-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Thats what I said, its all I hear from you. Go watch the games, I know you got money on them.

suprefan
04-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Performance

1q2GksvMcz8

fatbastard
04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Well.

Looks like there is a bit of controversy with the person who invited me to Morrissey yesterday.

Superfan, you have my respect and appreciation. He may not have played 6 well known songs but to see him performing 30 feet in front of me with 200 or so people was a thrill! It felt like we were at a backyard BBQ. Man, he seems like such a nice guy. The best part for me was when he said, "OK they stopped filming, you can stop smiling and be yourself". He's one of the only performers that can make me rock out and laugh at him at the same time (eye rolling, false contemplating into the sky, impersonating himself if that makes sense).

We spoke about many concerts that we have attended over the years. It's none of my business what you do for a living. It was a pleasure hanging out, talking about music and Coachella. Thanks again.

FB

devachan
04-21-2007, 07:23 PM
My apologies. The timing of your post led me to believe you were declaring that losrefan had made some kind of solid point. And I wasn't even meaning to draw you into it. The "for shame" would be in reference to someone who the good sense to love the Broncos, yet still somehow able to find losrefan's defense of his actions acceptable; however, the "go Broncos" was intended as a wink that I wasn't even harboring any ill will to begin with.

Thank you Gabe. I will have to disagree with you on the statement that Bronco fans have good sense as great majority of CO Bronco fans voted for Bush.

It was an unforgettable evening. Mozz's car drove by us on the way into Jimmy Kimmel and I was within inches of him. He's a very handsome, well dressed man.

The songs were not very familiar to me as I am not a hardcore fan but I found his interaction with the audience endearing. I liked when he thanked us for waiting so long in the cold to see him. All the Morrissey look-a-likes were cute too. I don't think I'll ever get that close to seeing him again without giving an arm and a leg.

Great, great night!

suprefan
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
OK May 17th is sold out because of this:

Thursday, May 17 @ 6:15 PM
guests: TBD SOLD OUT

music: THE USED Outdoor Mini-concert SOLD OUT