PDA

View Full Version : Toilets!!

monalivelove
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I have never been and I have one burning question that has been bugging me. I have seen many pics of portable toilets. Are there any real toilets around? There is just something wrong about a porta potty in 100 degree weather!!!

shoegazer76
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Unless you have VIP passes yr shittin in the portapotties with the rest of us.

Boourns
04-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, there's a couple trailers of flushable toilets, with faucets and everything. Lines are disgustingly long, though. If one must take a dump, I recommend holding it all day and night until using one of these first thing each morning.

billtino
04-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Empire Polo Field = Huge portapotty for Horses
don't believe me? just do a sample soil taste....it already smells like horse shit out there...you won't notice a difference in the portapit. Actually new advances have been made in the portapit industry that can tame the gnarliest of smells. Personally i'd watch out for the semen on the TP instead of worrying about the smell.

bartelby
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
oh that's just gross...

Ineedmorelemons
04-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Personally i'd watch out for the semen on the TP instead of worrying about the smell.

So true. Don't worry about the bathrooms too much. Usually you're so dehydrated that you only need to use it once or twice during the day.

disgustipated
04-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I am not leaving the comfort of my rental home in Palm Springs until I release the morning log...:poo

Caitlin
04-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Im sure its nothing compared to the port-a-potties they had for Stilldream. A campout up by Angel's Camp. Only a weekend thing and the toilets began literally overflowing. Bloody tampons coming out, diarrhea, everything. I am not joking. It still haunts me.

invisiblerobots
04-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, there's a couple trailers of flushable toilets, with faucets and everything. Lines are disgustingly long, though.

I never had to wait more than 2 - 3 minutes last year for the flushies. YMMV.

Senor Cardgage
04-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I just kinda do it as I walk.
Its so hot out there that whatever you expel pretty much dries up en route to the ground.

I care about my Earth Mother.

foto_synthesis
04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
The overabundance of port-o-potties has convinced me to carry these items with me at all times:

a roll of toilet paper
toilet seat covers
sanitary hand wipes
portable light source (i.e. glowstick, etc., for night time porto use)

captncrzy
04-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I never had to wait more than 2 - 3 minutes last year for the flushies. YMMV.

Me either...which was great considering my awful hangover.

Bud Luster
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
In 03 (first year of onsite camping) there was a toilet trailer between the main stage and outdoor theatre that actually had air conditioning. I was VERY early into the show both days and chilled in there for a bit and did my business before it got crowded.

el_chaman
04-17-2007, 02:25 PM
How useful Imodium really is? Iīm thinking of taking on each morning so I just have to use my hotelīs bathroom, but does it have some side effects like stomach aches or something?

SFChrissy
04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Actually Coachella Porto Pots are pretty decent...those guys are cleaning them pretty frequently...a superhose down

But bring baby wipes and purell and it's all goood...

Senor Cardgage
04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
The main porta-potties by days end will seem to be perched atop a glorious river of chocolate ala Wonkas factory or the land of Dairy Queen.

You will be hungry and tempted to sample from this mighty chocolate river, but be warned that very little of it is chocolate and that which is has already made the rounds through the digestive systems of other individuals. Best to just keep a Twix with you instead, if you have a sweet tooth or are a fat German child.

Shyeviolett
04-17-2007, 04:21 PM
I rate this post poo-riffic. :poo

Hovering while holding your breath is a necessary skill for chicks at Coachella.

billtino
04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
I rate this post poo-riffic. :poo

Hovering while holding your breath is a necessary skill for chicks at Coachella.

this is where your superior lower body strength (compared to us guys) shines. keep up them lunges & squats at gym :)

captncrzy
04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
How useful Imodium really is? Iīm thinking of taking on each morning so I just have to use my hotelīs bathroom, but does it have some side effects like stomach aches or something?

It makes your poo turn a weird color of dark brownish/green. But it has always helped me.

Shyeviolett
04-18-2007, 08:11 AM
this is where your superior lower body strength (compared to us guys) shines. keep up them lunges & squats at gym :)

Hahaha, I guess those poo-aerobics classes really do help :)

theburiedlife
04-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Fortunately in my past experience I haven't had to defecate during the fest. This extended festival in the coming week looks challenging.

MarkO
04-23-2007, 12:42 AM
I've been in training to go #2 early in the AM. Anything to avoid crapping in the portaloos later in the day.

rampaige
04-23-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm glad they clean the potties, but the poo-scented dust it stirs up is awful. I remember last year approaching the toilets right around dusk when the sun reveals all the dust and whatnot floating in the air. It was like a giant cloud of fecal dust. I got the hell out of there.

verbal kint
04-23-2007, 08:26 AM
iv been crapping in porta-jons in phoenix in the summer for years and all i have to say is if you have to go bad enough you will use them regardless of how gross they look or smell and if you are dumb enough to sit before checking the status on the tp a shirt sleve or a sock will sufice

Phoenix
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
They have made the bathroom situation MUCH more bearable. I remember the first two years *cringe*.

partystar
01-29-2008, 06:20 AM
oh that's just gross...

Really gross.......

Basskitten85
01-29-2008, 08:40 AM
There are always some toilets with running water in between the Sahara tent and the Gobi. and they are wonderful !!!!!! Other wise go to your local Target and buy toilet seat covers 5 for 1 dollar and they will make your shittin and pissin experience a wee bit better.

Suffacated
01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Actually Coachella Porto Pots are pretty decent...those guys are cleaning them pretty frequently...a superhose down

One needs to use caution when making a deposit in a freshly cleaned Porto Pot. Blue water splash back is no laughing matter.

TonyWonder
01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
One needs to use caution when making a deposit in a freshly cleaned Porto Pot. Blue water splash back is no laughing matter.

LOL! That's why the TP is always gone so quickly. People (myself included) putting down a thick layer to avoid potential splash-back, blue water or otherwise.

lediable76
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
When I went to Giant Maximus for NYE in downtown LA, the portable toilets were fucking awesome,,,they had enough room for like a spa or a jacuzzi...

SessyMary
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
These are the best ! ! !

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/sessymary/charmin-to-go_10a.jpg http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/sessymary/charmin-to-go_08.jpg

aen90
02-04-2008, 04:11 PM
i took a dump next to the gobi stage once....nobody seem to mind beacuse james blunt was playing....

cooperb1
02-07-2008, 12:35 AM
:poo :poo

traviscanada
02-07-2008, 12:39 AM
These are the best ! ! !

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/sessymary/charmin-to-go_10a.jpg http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/sessymary/charmin-to-go_08.jpg

The thing I never understood is why not just use toilet paper as a seat cover.

dnham
02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
i took a dump next to the gobi stage once....nobody seem to mind beacuse james blunt was playing....

HAHAHAHAH

JClemy
02-23-2008, 06:34 PM
The toilets aren't bad. We usually hopped in the car and went to the grocery store in the morning for more water and a quick number 1 and 2. The portopotty in the parking lot was the most terrible thing I've ever seen though. I thought about wetting my pants instead of using it. I held it instead. Also bring TP. I have a friend who didn't and regretted it.

gaypalmsprings
02-23-2008, 10:29 PM
JJ will wipe your ass

damon8
02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
yeah but a porta might be more enjoyable than JJ's set...

NiceArthur32
02-24-2008, 05:05 AM
no wonder you guys need so much TP...

not only do you guys wipe your asses with it, but you guys also need it for ALL the SHIT coming out of your guys' mouths!

JClemy
02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
no wonder you guys need so much TP...

not only do you guys wipe your asses with it, but you guys also need it for ALL the SHIT coming out of your guys' mouths!

What the hell are you talking about?

gaypalmsprings
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.skunkstripe.com/archives/george%20poo.jpg

NiceArthur32
02-24-2008, 12:26 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

all everyone does on here is just talk shit about this person, or talk shit about that person... ALL the DAMN TIME!

wheres the love?

its funny up until a certain point, then the lines start to get blurred and before you know it, you cant tell who's joking and who's serious... and i'm sure even the person doing the shit talking begins to question whether they are joking or not...

like the whole JJ thing... no matter what we say or do, he is STILL playing coachella... yes, he's headlining! get over it!

wstsidela
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Beware of the fecal dust :rotfl

JClemy
02-24-2008, 02:39 PM
all everyone does on here is just talk shit about this person, or talk shit about that person... ALL the DAMN TIME!

wheres the love?

its funny up until a certain point, then the lines start to get blurred and before you know it, you cant tell who's joking and who's serious... and i'm sure even the person doing the shit talking begins to question whether they are joking or not...

like the whole JJ thing... no matter what we say or do, he is STILL playing coachella... yes, he's headlining! get over it!

Dude I'm pretty sure that's every message board. JJ is just the main target on the board. Be glad it isn't you dude! Thats where the love is.

boarderwoozel3
02-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Heres how you deal with the port-o-shitters:

1. Do not sit directly on the seat. Use tp or one of those seat covers if you must sit.

2. Go to the very back of the row. The furthest shitters rarely get used if at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, even on Sunday, the toilets furthest back seemed like they were "untainted"

JClemy
02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Heres how you deal with the port-o-shitters:

1. Do not sit directly on the seat. Use tp or one of those seat covers if you must sit.

2. Go to the very back of the row. The furthest shitters rarely get used if at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, even on Sunday, the toilets furthest back seemed like they were "untainted"

That is very true but what about the terrible fecal clouds?

msklvr
03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
A word of advice on the toilet situation at Coachella.

By each brick of port-o-potties, there forms two long lines of people waiting to go to the bathroom. Do not get in either line. Go up front by the hand sanitizer stations and just walk in to the tent and go towards the back. Nice clean toilets and you don't feel like cattle baking in the sun waiting to pee. Whenever I see people waiting in line for the bathrooms, I feel bad. It is just totally unne....

Wait, shit, I'm giving away the secret!

thephatkat
03-24-2008, 09:02 AM

By each brick of port-o-potties, there forms two long lines of people waiting to go to the bathroom. Do not get in either line. Go up front by the hand sanitizer stations and just walk in to the tent and go towards the back. Nice clean toilets and you don't feel like cattle baking in the sun waiting to pee. Whenever I see people waiting in line for the bathrooms, I feel bad. It is just totally unne....

HA!! i know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

Blinken
03-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe i am just a dirty fucker but i don't understand the point of toliet seat covers. I have never heard of someone catching something from a toliet seat. Seems like mild germophobia to me. Or maybe i am just a filthy bastard

durrrrrrrrdee
04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
bring your toilet covers!

Jakewc151
04-01-2008, 09:15 PM
The porto's at burning man were the best. Second I get there I decide to take a leak.. I see this 50 year old man walk into one to take care of his business and he comes back out screaming.. I walked in and the whole thing was covered in feces and blood..I screamed as well.

It was always nice seeing naked ppl come out of the porto's as well.. Just made u feel that much cleaner.

;-)

JClemy
04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Thats really scary! No wonder you ran screaming.

camp7NdN
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
It could be worse
You could be shitting in a hole the size of a fist and washing your ass with a waterhose like I did in Iraq.
I know I know TMI, right?

M Sparks
04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
the toilets furthest back seemed like they were "untainted"

I'm totally going to go all the back POPs and rub my taint all over them.

Trailmix
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
The toilets aren't bad. We usually hopped in the car and went to the grocery store in the morning for more water and a quick number 1 and 2. The portopotty in the parking lot was the most terrible thing I've ever seen though. I thought about wetting my pants instead of using it. I held it instead. Also bring TP. I have a friend who didn't and regretted it.

So true those ones in the parking lot were horrible.

SFChrissy
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm bringing these so I can pee standing up

http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/19/images/pmate.jpg

It's the P-Mate for ladies!!!

BeeII
04-11-2008, 11:01 AM
i gladly only had to use the bathrooms like 3 times the whole weekend.

number 1 isn't so bad, but no. 2 is aweful, im taking imodium this year for sure, fuck that.

CalmerThanYou
04-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Srsly not a bad idea...i may bring these:
http://allsafetysupplies.com/zencart/images/CP1000.jpg

mvanwinkle
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Last year after the second song of peaches i realized i had been hit with terrible diarrhea and went to the trailer bathroom the line was 10 people long. i just went to the front of the line and asked if any one had a problem of me cutting because I was not sure how much longer I could hold it. They let me. I felt bad for whoever used it next.

msklvr
04-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Did I hear somewhere that there will be more toilets this year?

Edit:If so, this is the single most impressive addition to Coachella ever. More Toilets>Daft,Prince,Bjork,Radiohead,etc....

billtino
04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
i gladly only had to use the bathrooms like 3 times the whole weekend.

number 1 isn't so bad, but no. 2 is aweful, im taking imodium this year for sure, fuck that.

first off, lol for bringing this topic back from the pit :P

secondly, 3 times the whole weekend?!? kill your kidneys & liver much? i go 3 times every morning before 9am since we are already drinking heinekans and stuffing down a dreaded breakfast burrito at 7am.

LumpyToes
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
i've always been afraid of falling in.

internethandle
04-21-2008, 10:21 AM
wanted to re-iterate what has already been said, which is that #2 should be your only problem bathroom usage-wise. it's hot enough that you will only have to go #1, at most, once during the day, if that. your body absorbs all the water you drink and uses every last drop, leaving nothing for your kidneys to filter out.

billtino
04-21-2008, 10:54 AM
wanted to re-iterate what has already been said, which is that #2 should be your only problem bathroom usage-wise. it's hot enough that you will only have to go #1, at most, once during the day, if that. your body absorbs all the water you drink and uses every last drop, leaving nothing for your kidneys to filter out.

you obviously don't spend much time at the beer gardens...

BeeII
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
first off, lol for bringing this topic back from the pit :P

secondly, 3 times the whole weekend?!? kill your kidneys & liver much? i go 3 times every morning before 9am since we are already drinking heinekans and stuffing down a dreaded breakfast burrito at 7am.

i meant at the concert. I'd go numero 2 at the campground (lake cahuilla, where they have real bathrooms) and well i guess i sweating so much i never need to piss.

when it sets
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM

i know what you're talking about, and you're totally right. aside from there being no toilet paper by the end of the day, it's fairly clean back there and there's no line. i just don't understand why people don't get that where there's no line, there are open bathrooms? it all clusters at the front. lazy?

lostsoul86
04-27-2008, 11:41 PM
some asshole in the camp ground took a shit in the shower......what a jack ass

shoopdedoop
04-28-2008, 12:18 AM
i went throughout Friday and Saturday without having to use the restroom once. ha i'm a fuckin camel

KatieLyn
04-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Those bathrooms off to the side of the port-o-potties were pretty nice, the air conditioned flushable ones. I used those.

kitten_calamity
04-28-2008, 10:50 AM

I brought those and they were seriously such a life saver. During the day, the toilets weren't that bad but at night sometimes you would open them and there would be piss, crap, or vomit all over the seat. When you've been waiting in line to use an outhouse and find it filthy, you don't want to get back out of line just to try your luck with another that could be just as nasty. And I'm pregnant so I pee a lot!!

So ladies- I would also recommend the p-mate for festivals!

kitt kat
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
after this weekend, those would be a lifesaver.

we would just go to our friend's hotel. haha.

fatbastard
04-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I brought my own seat cover and wipes.

The toilet holes were small. I was forces to bend in a weird direction in order to perform 2 things at the same time (if you know what I mean). I guess it's better to have a small hole than to have someone fall into a big one.

ri0tp00f
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Those bathrooms off to the side of the port-o-potties were pretty nice, the air conditioned flushable ones. I used those.

booo the men's only had urinals... no sit down toilets for #2

caaammmm
03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
where are they located??:rolleyes

algunz
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Did you have a seizure when you chose your name?

Gigger
03-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I KNOW THE LOCATION OF THE REAL TOILET

theStank
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79o1ugGw6bg

Found a coiler round Lake Eldorado in 2011, looked angry like it wanted to attack! I stepped on that piece of shit, kicked to the fence and wiped my hoof off on the neighbours tent...... then I made sure it was all off by doin a lil'jig

footixy
03-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Thing looks like a hot dog holder...guess it'll serve for two purposes

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6062750/il_fullxfull.284867259.jpg

brettb88
04-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Just have a nice, large cup of coffee when you wake up and within two hours you shall droppeth the deuce. Problem solved.

TomAz
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Imodium saved my ass (har har) in India.