PDA

View Full Version : Comedians Of Comedy...how will that work?

M Sparks
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Have they ever had any sort of comedy / spoken word acts before? I'm really psyched for this, but it seems like it might not work in a tent in the afternoon. On the other hand, I don't want to have to choose between them and one of the headliners if they play in the evening...especially with Friday's lineup.

It also seems like they'd need 60-75 minutes at a minimum. I know the early acts have short set times.

xxxxxxxxxx
01-23-2007, 07:49 PM
i hope they are on the main stage right before bjork. would be awesome.

bigc1
01-23-2007, 09:03 PM
will it be all of them? add bob odenkirk and david cross and have a mr. show thing going.

MrAmeche
01-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I think Ian MacKaye did a Q&A one year, fairly early in the day in a tent.

Askew
01-23-2007, 09:07 PM
It would work well between sets on the main stage maybe? I don't know. Jason Bentley (I think) spun records the first year between sets. Whatever.

M Sparks
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Great idea...don't the main stage headliners usually have a pretty lengthy set-change time? Patton's such a freak, he'd be a great lead in to Bjork. Brian might fit in better with Rage.

I wish Maria would come back...some of her jokes kinda sound like Bjork lyrics anyway. "Lunch is 45 minutes, but don't worry, because there's a wrinkle in time...just be back before the quickening."

ghettojournalist
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
it shall a comedy tag-team free-for-all.
that's what is in my head.
all i know is that i will catch their set.

instinct
01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
It would work well between sets on the main stage maybe? I don't know. Jason Bentley (I think) spun records the first year between sets. Whatever.

I was thinking the same thing.. I wouldn't mind seeing Bentley spin between acts either.. Jason is an awesome deejay..