PDA

View Full Version : parking lot t-shirts better?

sonlockedwolf
04-17-2007, 08:08 AM
I have never bought a t-shirt inside coachella( expensive), but the ones I buy outside seem to be always be alot better and cheaper than what they're selling inside. And I'm still wearin' mine till this day. Does anybody else agreed?

fober
04-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, they're not the same t-shirts, so I don't see the point here.

whynotsmile99
04-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I have never bought a t-shirt inside coachella( expensive), but the ones I buy outside seem to be always be alot better and cheaper than what they're selling inside. And I'm still wearin' mine till this day. Does anybody else agreed?

I once bought Morrisey rip off shirt outside the Wiltern theater for $10. Looking at it now, it looks like some tweaker with access to a shirt press made it, which is probably true. I usually just buy the real merch. Don't most artists really only get money from merch and tours? I steal their music anyway, it's the least I can fucking do.

BeeII
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I once bought Morrisey rip off shirt outside the Wiltern theater for $10. Looking at it now, it looks like some tweaker with access to a shirt press made it, which is probably true. I usually just buy the real merch. Don't most artists really only get money from merch and tours? I steal their music anyway, it's the least I can fucking do.

I'm guessing if you want to support the artist, you should probably buy the real merch.

scoop49er
04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
yeha the shirts outside the lot are from people who press them on their own. its a hit and miss. i bought a prince shirt in san jose that is still in good shape. then ive gotten a couple from some that were losuy but it was dark and hey 10 bucks is 10 bucks. my wife got a duran duran shirt that still looks great. i buy sometimes official and then unofficial so once again, feel the shirt.... if its a hanes shirt, dont bother. if its a little thick it might be worth it for 10 bucks.

Senor Cardgage
04-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Back in the Lollapalooza days there were a million of those guys in the parking lots.
Of course, Perry has such a cheesy crappy visual sense that the kockoffs were often cooler looking than the legitimate merch.

meyouseek
04-17-2007, 10:36 AM
It's kind of a crap shoot in my experience. A few of my favorite, longest lasting and coolest designed shirts were bought outside of shows. Then again, some of them fell apart within a few months.

I got a great quality Coachella shirt outside 2 years ago... but it still listed Cocteau Twins on the back. Maybe GV hired the guys themselves to get rid of shirts they'd already printed before the cancellation.

MarkO
04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Official ones were $25 last year IIRC.

Michelle
04-20-2007, 07:29 PM
parking lot shirts are sweet. only $5 and no line.

faxman75
04-20-2007, 09:26 PM
You all support an illegal practice that hurts the bands you love.

Kato!
04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
The lot shirts are waaaaaay better. Quality at an affordable price.

Michelle
04-20-2007, 10:15 PM
You all support an illegal practice that hurts the bands you love.

i will totally buy from the merch stand at the festival if i can get through the line w/ out missing the bands and if they still have my size. last year when i finally got to the front of the line, they did not have my size, so i resorted to the lots and it was a great back up. i would rather have the original.

DaKINe
04-21-2007, 09:03 AM
I bought a lot t-shirt the year oasis played for $5.
It looked like if they did a great job w/ the printing
when the bootleg vender showed it to me. While i
was walking back to my car, i was curious to see the
front of the shirt...:mad: ...there was a swap meet
style american flag that said usa #1...damn a-hole!!!

Check any lot shirt carefully!

DeltaSigChi4
04-21-2007, 10:20 AM
HAHAHHAHHHA..

E

Phoenix
04-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah...support the artist...and the people who make the merch, like my boyfriend.