PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendations?

fatbastard
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
I will need to cut back on the quality of my hotel lodgings in order to accomodate the additional day. Any suggestions?

Previous stays Embassy Suites and The Hilton next door. Both are charging regular rates at this time for the three days.

bballarl
12-08-2006, 12:52 PM
My friends slept in tents on the extensively large lawn at some hotel last year and bathed in the pool. You could do that.

menikmati
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
polo grounds

Orpheus
01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I stayed at a nice hotel in palms springs I forgot the name. Check on the old boards under the title of something like Nice Rooms still available. It was nice except for the day of the protests, the fill in roomservice people didn't have a clue what was going on.

itsalltoomuch
01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
i would recommend the hampton inn. i stayed there last year and it was great!

C DUB YA
01-19-2007, 05:04 AM
what are the regualr rates?

scoop49er
01-19-2007, 07:49 AM
i think im just gonna reserve a room at a motel 6 in palm springs. just need a place to crash. not picky and it will do. need to save the good cash for beer and food! :)-

NoneForMeThanks
01-19-2007, 07:55 AM
For the last two or three Coachellas I've stayed at the Travelodge in Palm Springs. It's nice enough. There are two pools, wireless internet, and free breakfast. It's full right now, but what happened last year was people weren't impressed with the line up and cancelled their reservations.

This year I'm staying at the Travelodge in Cat City. I think I stayed at this one in 2002. Again, nice enough.

chairmenmeow47
01-19-2007, 07:55 AM
i think im just gonna reserve a room at a motel 6 in palm springs. just need a place to crash. not picky and it will do. need to save the good cash for beer and food! :)-

i had a friend who stayed there last year and he had no problems :)

scoop49er
01-19-2007, 08:00 AM
rates were reasonable at around 70 a night. so im gonna book it probably. might as well start doing it now cuz rooms are gonna go fast. how has it been getting rooms in the past? i mean how late have people waited to get a room and have they paid for it dearly?

Tawnie
01-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Good Luck as the travel lodge and any other reasonable lodging under $100 a night is sold out

Glamour Damaged
01-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Exactly! I booked a room at Motel 6 a few nights ago. For 4 nights it came up to about $340. Which is a good deal. When I was searching for hotels, every cheap hotel was completly booked already! Espically the ones in Indio. So yeah, im all good to go. I dont mind that its at a Motel 6. Were just sleeping there anyways.

In 05 my friends and I rented a house in Palm Springs. Swimming pool, Spa, the works. When you go with 7+ people its doable. If your planning on coming a day early or staying a day extra its worth it cause you get to utilize everything your paying for.

This year im not going with that many people and Coachella is an extra day, so 2007= Cheap Hotel.

Glamour Damaged
01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.thelisten.net/coachella/images/coachella.jpg

sighlent
01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Three nights at a Motel 6 in Palm Springs about 20 miles away was $260... not too bad.

bmack86
01-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm staying in palm desert. It was fairly cheap. I think the International hotel

Kampy
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I will need to cut back on the quality of my hotel lodgings in order to accomodate the additional day. Any suggestions?

I've written some articles that you may find helpful:

How to find a hotel room for Coachella 2007
http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019729_hotel-room-coachella.html

How to rent a vacation home for Coachella 2007
http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019828_rent-vacation-home-coachella.html

How to camp on-site at Coachella 2007
http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019773_camp-onsite-coachella.html

How to camp off-site for Coachella 2007
http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019911_camp-offsite-coachella.html

How to rent an RV for Coachella 2007
http://wehow.ehow.com/how_2019964_rent-rv-coachella.html

Glamour Damaged
01-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Rental homes are REALLY expensive though. When you add up however much it is a night ($350) you think "wow this seems doable" BUT you dont realize you have to pay a pool heating fee, a city tax fee, Departure cleaning fee, AND a security deposit. So it seems like it will cost $1610. BUT really its costs $3036!!!

Heres an example: I just did a search. it was a rental home for 4 nights. 4/26, 4/27, 4/28, 4/29. Heres what I got:

http://www.filehigh.com/serve/12679/323586.jpg

Boourns
01-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nuts to that, just spend $40 on a camping ticket.

Glamour Damaged
01-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I usually love camping, but in this case, after a LONG day on my feet Id like to sleep in a comfey bed, who knows maybe take a hot shower or soak my feet in the tub. The last thing I want to do is get crappy sleep on an air mattress, and wake up at 7am sweaty and stuffy in a HOT tent.

But hey, if your low on funds and have no other choice then I think its really cool they have camping as an option :)

I, on the other hand, am going to stick with my cheap Motel 6 room :)

Kampy
01-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Rental homes are REALLY expensive though. When you add up however much it is a night ($350) you think "wow this seems doable" BUT you dont realize you have to pay a pool heating fee, a city tax fee, Departure cleaning fee, AND a security deposit. So it seems like it will cost $1610. BUT really its costs $3036!!!

depends on the house, and how many peeps you have. Last year we rented a 3BR house with pool, jacuzzi, etc... crammed 14 people in there, and it was like $65 each for 3 nights!

Glamour Damaged
01-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, thats the way to do it :) The only thing you have to worry about is fighting over who gets a bed and who gets to shower first! haha...

scoop49er
01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah we debated on the camping thing and it sounds like a good time, but hey 3 days in the sun drinking and rocking out is gonna make daddy scoop a tired muthat f###er so id rather get a good crash on a bed and wake up and do it all over again!. hey the total for the room i reserved for 4 nites plus tax will be around 340.00 so im good with that. i figured to just reserve and be safe now and if i can get one closer when people cancel, cool. if not then hey i got one reserved so im in baby!!

Philthy
01-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Most hotels are actually sold out now. Be quick.

Monko
01-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Uhh, I live close to the venue, and I can accomadate any fine ladies that are willing to put out.

Thankyou.

airguitarvet
01-20-2007, 01:01 PM
lodging is so hot right now.

mercr
01-20-2007, 02:17 PM
HYATT Grand champions Indian Wells is the greatest spot to rest after a crazy day at Coachella. They have a neat bar in the pool area, and you can hang out catch a tan. Cool thing is that you can meet allot of the performers there as they hang out at the poolside. Guys the groupies are at every corner too so left overs can be nice hehe ;)

itsalltoomuch
01-20-2007, 02:47 PM
ya if you like std's!

RODGERRAMJET
01-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I stayed at a Motel 6 last year in Palm Springs. It was surprizingly quiet, which was fine with me after a long, hot day of crowds, dust, & music. I may do the same thing again this year........Palm Springs puts you close to Coachella (about 25 minutes one way) without being in the "thick" of everything, and the traffic/problems being in the "thick" of it causes.

rampaige
01-20-2007, 10:08 PM
We stayed in a dump last year, for about $179 a night. By eleven each morning the heat had overpowered the outdated ac system, and the complimentary breakfast consisted of coffee and stale donuts. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was practically right down the road from the polo grounds (a friend walked back the first night after we got separated) so I guess we paid for the convenience.

This year I booked mega early and was able to get my Hilton employee ********. $39 a night at the brand new Embassy Suites in Indio. Booyah.

TheWatcher
01-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Last year we got lucky, staying at the Comfort Suites in Cathedral City, for $110/night. The room was very clean, with a microwave/fridge, queen bed, sofa bed, television and air conditioning. The shower was nice. I guess it had a pool, but we only slept there. They are sold out already. We are staying at the Quality Inn in Palm Springs, for about $112/night. 4 nights plus the taxes adds up to about $550. It also has a fridge, and microwave on request. Looks like most of the cheap and good rooms got snatched up shortly after the announcement of the dates in November. The day of the announcement, there were plenty of rooms, but within 24 hours not much was left. I was too slow! I checked travelocity.com, expedia.com, cheaptickets.com, hotels.com, among others. Good luck!

scoop49er
01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah we r going to stay at a motel 6 in p. springs. nothing fancy just a place to crash. we plan a vacation every year and we r gonna do coachella this year. we go to festivals during the summer and have always wanted to do coachella and now that it is 3 days it makes it even more compelling so we will be there. every festival i go to i always discover new bands to get into so this should be a great festival.. :)

CombatBaby
01-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Stayed at the Courtyard in Palm Springs last year $280/night. It was great but kind of far from the campgrounds.

This year I am staying at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert.

Good luck getting a room now. I reserved mine 5/1/06.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
HYATT Grand champions Indian Wells is the greatest spot to rest after a crazy day at Coachella. They have a neat bar in the pool area, and you can hang out catch a tan. Cool thing is that you can meet allot of the performers there as they hang out at the poolside. Guys the groupies are at every corner too so left overs can be nice hehe ;)

FYI Hyatt Grand Champions is SOLD OUT.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Some sites are also showing the Esmerelda as SOLD OUT and anything (decent) under $150 in Palm springs as SOLD OUT as well.

ACT QUICKLY if you want a room - its slim pickins from herer on out, I'm afraid.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Has anyone stayed at the MIRAMONTE in Indian Wells?

melissa-haner
01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
i heard that people that are looking to rent out thier houses are probably gonna rent them out for just that weekend... imma try to find out... and trust me they are near the polo area

fatbastard
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Kampy.

I made a couple of calls right now. Here are the results.

Hotels within 7 miles of event.

Hyatt Grand Champions Resort-Had arrangement with cab company-did not know price.

Indian Wells Resort Hotel-No shuttle service.

Miramonte Resort- Had arrangement with cab company-$40.00 round trip.

Renaissance Esmeralda-No shuttle service. Concierge thought shuttle service was a good idea.

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs- No shuttle service.

Drinking in the heat doesn't work out too well for me anyways:-)

sp12ite
01-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks Kampy, I've been spoiled & stayed with friends in the area for the past 3 yrs, but this year I'm on my own.....this vacation rental thing looks amazing, but kinda a pain in the ass. DAMN. I'm bringing about 8 friends (but always more will somehow end up crashing with us...), sadly, I'm gonna be the one doing the organizing.
BUT, the lineup is gonna make up for any headache i have to endure. I've been waiting for RAGE for yrs!!! Blending in Damien Rice, Spank Rock:bump , !!!, The Roots, Black Keys (what a show, damn!), the Frames,.....I can't even begin to imagine.

The Nichole
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Has anyone stayed @ the Best Western on Indio Blvd? If so is it any good? I am just not hoping it is a hooker hotel, like how someone posted earlier. I paid TOO MUCH money for a room there, so i hope it is at least a decent place to rest my head.

roberto73
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
It's pretty impractical, but if you don't mind driving a little farther, check out motels in Yucca Valley. It would be a 45 minute drive to the Polo Grounds, but you could find a room cheap. That's where I lived for the last ten years and made the drive every year for both days of the festival. It's honestly not too bad, and if it's a choice between a longer drive and either paying an arm and a leg or not going, I'd look into staying in Yucca Valley. You could also check out Desert Hot Springs.

Shanambo
01-23-2007, 05:10 PM
depends on the house, and how many peeps you have. Last year we rented a 3BR house with pool, jacuzzi, etc... crammed 14 people in there, and it was like $65 each for 3 nights!

People and cost aren't really my problem. I will be flying in and need to know what kind of transportation there is to and from Coachella? Is it best to rent a car?

somewhatdamaged
01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
you guys can check quality inn on monroe street. its just like 5mins away from the polo grounds. annd the best western on indio blvd is good...dont tripp

mozabilly54
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Stayed at the Courtyard in Palm Springs last year $280/night. It was great but kind of far from the campgrounds.

I'm staying there too! what rate did you get at Shadow Ridge? I got $119 for a king suite with an extra couch bed!

The Nichole
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
annd the best western on indio blvd is good...dont tripp
Thanks for the help!

McFearless
01-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I just booked a room at the fairfield in in San Bernadino. Its an hour away but the rooms are great and since my sis works for Marriott I got a massive discount. Like 40%. So advice to anyone. If you have a friend or family that works at marriott have them hook you up with the Friends and Family Rate.

HAIRYGOOMBA
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
There are still rooms available at Embassy Suites. Kind of expensive, but
very nice, and close.

C DUB YA
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Miramonte still had a FEW rooms left this afternoon.

scoop49er
01-25-2007, 05:26 AM
i guess for me where i stay is not a major deal. i get the having a party after the show type of feel, but the party is there at the festival for me so ill crash at a cheap hotel and be just fine.

cracmonkey
01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I usually love camping, but in this case, after a LONG day on my feet Id like to sleep in a comfey bed, who knows maybe take a hot shower or soak my feet in the tub. The last thing I want to do is get crappy sleep on an air mattress, and wake up at 7am sweaty and stuffy in a HOT tent.

But hey, if your low on funds and have no other choice then I think its really cool they have camping as an option :)

I, on the other hand, am going to stick with my cheap Motel 6 room :)

Psyched up people, 7:00am Sun = No Sleep for 3 days. I'd say a motel is a good call.

BigPete
01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
fantasy springs resort but its ridiculously expensive. free shuttles and what not though

lisa pea
01-25-2007, 03:12 PM
The Best Western Date Tree is probably my favorite place to stay. Very clean, nice staff, and a free continental breakfast.
This year I'm staying at the Royal Plaza Inn. Not quite as clean, but much cheaper and they don't have that 3 night minimum thing.

Verbal138
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM

I just booked a room at the Westin Mission Hills & Villas in Palm Springs and had no problem. There's still vacancies around.

3DayHouseRental
01-28-2007, 04:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WALKING DISTANCE TO COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL! GREAT LOCATION IN A SMALL GATED COMMUNITY ONLY 50 HOMES IN THIS SMALL DEVELOPMENT BUILT IN 2006. THE HOUSE IS VACANT (NO FURNITURE) PLENTY OF SPACE TO PARTY WITH FRIENDS. HAVE A PRE-PARTY CATERED AT THIS HOME! 4 BEDROOMS AND A HUGE UPSTAIRS BONUS GAME ROOM WITH OUTSIDE BALCONY!!! OR CAN BE USED AS A 5TH BEDROOM! 10 PEOPLE ALONE CAN SLEEP COMFY IN UPSTAIRS BONUS ROOM. HOUSE HAS 48 INCH STAINLESS STEEL THERMADOR REFRIGERATOR! GRANITE COUNTER TOPS!!! WINE COOLER TO KEEP DRINKS FRESH, 6.5 FT DEPT PEBBLE TECH POOL AND LARGE PEBBLE TECH SPA!!!! DOUBLE PANED WINDOWS!!! MASTER JACUZZI TUB WITH SEPARATE WALK-IN SHOWER, FIREPLACE AND 3.5 BATHS!!! GREAT LOCATION JUST OFF OF AVENUE 52 DOWN THE STREET FROM COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!! 3,500 SQUARE FOOT HOME. UPSTAIRS HAS BALCONY LARGE YARD. CAN SEND PHOTOS OF HOME. GRANITE COUNTER-TOPS. CATER YOUR OWN PARTY AT THIS LOCATION!

WHAT TO BRING TO THIS GREAT OASIS FOR YOUR PARTY??? BRING SLEEPING BAGS! OR AIR MATTERESS, PLASTIC CUPS, PLATES ETC... STORE PERISHABLES IN 48 IN REFRIGERATOR, PLENTY OF PARKING AVAILABLE!! TWO CAR GARAGE! AND THE DRIVE ALONE FITS 6 CARS!!!

BRING 15-20 FRIENDS COST IS $1000 PER NIGHT.

smitt12
01-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Is the Palm Springs drive that bad? What time should someone expext to be back @ the hotel in Palm Springs after the show? We're staying @ the Hilton in Palm Sp.

jorluivil
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Nuts to that, just spend $40 on a camping ticket.

TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

3day Coachella concert + campsite pass= $339.65
1 12 ounce bottle of water = $3.00
1 Coachella hoodie = $40.00
Walking out the main entrance and not having to worry about fighting traffic to get to your hotel = PRICELESS!!!!

C DUB YA
01-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Is the Palm Springs drive that bad? What time should someone expext to be back @ the hotel in Palm Springs after the show? We're staying @ the Hilton in Palm Sp.

The drive home after the last act can be long, but oh well, nothing you can do when so many people leave at the same time. The traffic is not as much an issue as the idea of going an extra 20 minutes when some people stay in indio or indian wells, which are rather close.