PDA

View Full Version : What time will rage mostly play

Jere916
01-23-2007, 05:04 PM
This is my first year going to Coachella and I'm mainly going for rage.. I don't even know the others in line up besides willie nelson(ugh) lol. but anyways, im driving 8 hours. Do they say what time Rage is gonna play at Coachella or what?

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxx
01-23-2007, 05:05 PM
they will probably go on some time between 9 and 11 pm.

york707
01-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Why don't you take the time to learn about some of the other bands, stick around and broaden your horizons (not to mention get your money's worth)?

cfritz75
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Tool played 10-ish last year on the mainstage. Probably around then. Set times won't be released for a while.

sighlent
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
This is my first year going to Coachella and I'm only going for rage.. I don't even know the others in line up besides willie nelson(ugh) lol. but anyways, im driving 8 hours to see rage and rage only. Do they say what time they are playing at Coachella or what?

Thanks

not making the other rage fans look very sophisticated.

jackstraw94086
01-23-2007, 05:57 PM
not making the other rage fans look very sophisticated.

shhhhhh. just let him show up minutes before rage and not help crowd the place the rest of the day.

And don't spoil the surprise for all the coachella newbies that the headliner only plays less than an hour and a half

laineinla
01-23-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah... unfortunately i have a friend wanting to do the same thing on sunday, to see RATM (she's never been to coachella). she also thinks it's OK to drive back home the same night. some people JUST REFUSE TO LISTEN TO GOOD SENSE!! i'm not even sure if i should continue to remain friends w/ her. j/k.

ummmm... jere: you should plan on arriving to indio around 9.

yeah. that'll give you plenty of time to find parking, get into the venue and find a good spot. yeah.

woogie846
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
You're gonna be there for a while. Might as well learn about some other acts on Sunday.

york707
01-23-2007, 06:46 PM
..but to answer your question - they will mostly play between 10 and 11. But they will also play a little around 5:15, 7:30, and 2:45.

Jere916
01-24-2007, 04:57 AM
Sorry, I phrased my first sentence wrong.. I'm going mainly for Rage but I would still like to see all the other bands... I just want to know what time Rage would most likely play because if I missed it... that would be a true tragedy. So I apologize for how I worded that now and you guys can stop flaming now. :)

And what the fuck does that have to do with sophistication? lol. If anything you look pretty unsophisticated talking trash on forums man.

im so indie
01-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Ok bud let me help you out here.

1. The time slot will be announced Tuesday or Wednesday the week before the show. They stay right on schedule (for the most part) and it shows exactly when all the performances start and stop.

2. There's no bands playing Sunday that even come close to sounding like Rage, but there are some shows that you'll have fun at or at least enjoy your experience. I'd recommend: Explosions in the Sky, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots, Air, Lily Allen, Tapes 'N' Tapes, Against Me!, Spank Rock, Infected Mushroom.

3. Take a listen to those and maybe some others and see what you like. You'll only have time to see 6-8 other shows before Rage, so see what you like and have fun.

4. Since you're a first timer and drivin in 8 hours for the one day show...you might want to leave home early AM, like 4 or 5, to arrive in the early afternoon. You won't miss any major bands. It'll take a while to park and get in.

5. Even if you don't like any of the bands you check out, Coachella is still a great place to kick it and kill time. Good food, good people watching, expensive beer, modern art and sculptures, usually a movie room. Sneak some drugs in if you want. Whatever. You'll have fun, we promise.

Good luck buddy and don't forget to buy your ticket early cuz they aren't selling that many single days and you're one of many people that just wanna see Rage.

scottm6129
01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
This is my first year going to Coachella and I'm mainly going for rage.. I don't even know the others in line up besides willie nelson(ugh) lol. but anyways, im driving 8 hours. Do they say what time Rage is gonna play at Coachella or what?

Thanks

hey man im flying 16 1/2 hours and driving 5 hours to go watch Rage!! I live in England and I've wanted this to happen for sooo long and I'm not missing it for the world, I don't care how much it's gonna cost!! I neeeeed that Sunday ticket!!

I_am_138
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
hey man im flying 16 1/2 hours and driving 5 hours to go watch Rage!! I live in England and I've wanted this to happen for sooo long and I'm not missing it for the world, I don't care how much it's gonna cost!! I neeeeed that Sunday ticket!!

Then you may want to just park yourself in the front row with about ten water bottles in your pockets at 10 AM and wait 12 hours for them to come on. I'm not a rage fan, but if you want to make your trip worth while I'd do that. You won't be the only one, that's for sure.

fober
01-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Quarter 'til.
Quarter 'til what?
Quarter 'til revolution.

KRINGER
01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Then you may want to just park yourself in the front row with about ten water bottles in your pockets at 10 AM and wait 12 hours for them to come on. I'm not a rage fan, but if you want to make your trip worth while I'd do that. You won't be the only one, that's for sure.

holy geez.. good luck with that :sorry

suprefan
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
holy geez.. good luck with that :sorry

Cure fans did that and Radiohead fans did that in 2004. Madonna fans did that last year I will say that....

Just get there when gates open!!! You will garauntee not missing them... Is that so tough?