PDA

View Full Version : Final what to bring list :)

daughterxofxexile
04-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Personal use

FIST THINGS FIRST

printed out schedule
tickets (camping and 3 day pass)

Clothing

Light shirts
light clothing during the day - long sleeves at night (desert)

Jeans

Shorts
comfy shoes

Lots and lots of socks

Under garments
tank tops
light sweater
sandals (shower use ONLY)
:D water GUNS

Body

Hair ties

hairbrush
sun block
aloe vera gel
bandaids
ear plugs
birth control

tampons/ pads (ladies)
hat/sunglasses/bandannas

SPF Chapstick

Ibuprofen
Deodorant

hand sanitizer

tissues
gold Bond Powder

Baby wipes

toilet paper
Pepto/Immodium

Toothpaste/ tooth brush/mouth wash/floss
shampoo/cond/soap
lotion
towels

Expenses

cash Lots of cash

Atm

Digital Use

Messenger bag
back pack lock

Extra batteries for cam

Extra memory card
Film (for you old school pplz)

Map

cell phone
cell phone charger
camera

Food

Water

power bars

some dried fruit

Ice
bread
peanut butter
jam
almonds
granny smith apples
baby carrots
chopped up celery
cherry tomatoes
frozen water
frozen mint green tea

Gatorade

Salt packets

Beef jerky

Crackers (snacks)

Camping

Tent

tarp

small pillow

glow sticks

sleeping bag

flashlight

Tent fan

blankets

Sleeping Mat/Pad/Cushion

Lawn Chairs

trash bags
pocket knife

Please ADD ON!

chiapet
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Good list... I don't have much to add, just some suggestions:

- lighters... even if you don't smoke, you'll make friends

- clothespins (to clip stuff to your tent poles to hang to dry)

- long sleeved shirts are good for daytime if you burn easily -- should be lightweight, natural fibers, light/white colored. even if you don't wear it all day, it's nice to have if you feel you're starting to burn

- solid stick deodorant will melt - everytime i've ever camped in CA, my deodorant has melted the first day... argh... you want sprays or gels

- spray-on sunscreen is nice for inside a venue, since you don't have to get your hands greasy rubbing it in

- it can get pretty cold at night in the desert, it's good to have something warm to sleep in. i usually bring a zip-up fleece jacket in case i'm too cold at night, and it's easy to shed when it starts to get warm in the morning.

MonsoonSeason
04-15-2007, 11:36 AM
my packing list is substantially smaller:

tickets and camping pass
tent
glow bracelets (cheaper than sticks)
money for everything
4 pairs underwear
4 pairs socks
1 pair jeans
2 t-shirts (will buy more at concert)
1 collared shirt
1 long sleeve shirt
1 suit vest
toiletries pack: toothbrush, toothpaste, contact stuff, sunscreen, deodorant
digital camera
the portable james joyce
gum

the goal is to fit all of that in a messenger bag and a cutesy tote bag

miscorrections
04-15-2007, 11:37 AM
you forgot your scrabble.

additions to the list: my polaroid, and maybe catcher in the rye.

Courtney
04-15-2007, 11:39 AM
- solid stick deodorant will melt - everytime i've ever camped in CA, my deodorant has melted the first day... argh... you want sprays or gels

This is a good point. There are certain non-food items that will benefit from staying in your cooler with your food. Chapstick and/or lip gloss is definitely of this variety. Also, if you get a bit of a sunburn there's nothing better than some chilled aloe vera gel or after-sun spray.

miscorrections
04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
also MS are you not bringing a sleeping bag?!?

MonsoonSeason
04-15-2007, 12:40 PM
and maybe catcher in the rye.

haha this sounds like a cause for an intervention!

also are you not bringing a sleeping bag, MS?

I'm hoping for a late night snuggle buddy to keep me warm in the late evenings <3

also I could always just put some clothes on top of me. and I need to get a travel scrabble too!

miscorrections
04-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm hoping for a late night snuggle buddy to keep me warm in the late evenings <3

can i volunteer or should i take a number?

cansei de ser sexme
04-15-2007, 12:45 PM
make sure to bring an anti-bear box, didn't you hear about the man-eating bears that GV let loose on the campgrounds? they were said to make it feel more.... "camping like"

http://www.voodoodollsproductions.com/images/yetibear.jpg

cansei de ser sexme
04-15-2007, 05:24 PM
lol im a funny man

cansei de ser sexme
04-15-2007, 07:54 PM

wow you want to have sex for an hour and a half straight during david bowie with a randomn person then cuddle in this thread? lol

miscorrections
04-15-2007, 07:56 PM
he's not random. and it's quite possible to do both.

MonsoonSeason
04-15-2007, 11:50 PM

I was only going to accept you <3

BlueDevil50
04-15-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for makin these types of threads...seriously, theyve helped me get ready for my first year so much. holler

mandolin
04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
is bringing a phone charger neccessary? i thought there were no outlets available.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 01:11 PM
is bringing a phone charger neccessary? i thought there were no outlets available.

Ill be in a hotel so its definitely a necessity for me.

breakjaw
04-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention nasal spray.Or snakebite kit.

Shyeviolett
04-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention nasal spray.Or snakebite kit.

I don't need to stinkin kit. Thats what good friends are for- to suck the poison outta ya ;)

drugstorecowgirl
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
spray misting fan. at walmart for 6 bucks!

..::Leo::..
04-21-2007, 01:44 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t220/lowcas76/thermo.jpg

Ill_Eagle
04-21-2007, 01:45 PM
FIST THINGS FIRST

Can you specify what kind of things we're supposed to fist?

hahah just kidding, awesome list.

.:christine:.
04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
you forgot your hat/ sunglasses

rideincircles
04-21-2007, 11:12 PM
clorox bleach wipes,
shade canopy,
cooler full of beer in car,
sandwich stuff,
milk and cerael,
dry ice,
dont make coachella your first suburn of the year, it will probably be bad.

antixcore
04-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Snakebite kit? Are there snakes on the grounds....fuck.

jerpar24
04-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Snakebite kit? Are there snakes on the grounds....fuck.

Have you ever played Resident Evil They have Snakes like the one you fight on the game. You better watch out.

dontfeedthebird
04-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Oil Absorbing Sheets.

ohxmyitstina
04-22-2007, 01:36 PM

i think in some of the hang out tents on the grounds they have outlets, they have to. i played games in the dodge tent (i think) last year.

cindango
04-22-2007, 05:40 PM
ok, I don't have a sleeping bag or a tent at the moment... but I'm sure I can get a hold of one soon. How necessary is a sleeping bag though? I'm flying down, then taking the grayhound from lax, so I have to travel lightly...

dynamanda
04-22-2007, 05:46 PM
ok, I don't have a sleeping bag or a tent at the moment... but I'm sure I can get a hold of one soon. How necessary is a sleeping bag though? I'm flying down, then taking the grayhound from lax, so I have to travel lightly...

You're cute. You can sleep in my tent!

DeltaSigChi4
04-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I didn't take so many things when I went to war in the desert for a year.

Jesus H. Christ III! *shakes head

E

AntiHero481
04-26-2007, 12:56 AM
you forgot your scrabble.

additions to the list: my polaroid, and maybe catcher in the rye.

Catcher in the Rye. You rule. I am bringing Franny and Zooey. Drunken Salinger party? :-)

Prongs
04-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey, what should one do to prevent people from stealing your shit when you leave your tent for the day? I mean, it's not like you can take everything with you... especially the stuff that's not allowed.

billyboyblue
04-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I would just try to conceal things in your tent like you would in your car. Keep things out of sight.
Maybe you can get a lil lock and fasten the zippers together on your tent.
Also, I think they had a laptop check-in last year.

BettySpaghetti
04-23-2008, 01:36 AM
HAHA, that question was made over a year ago. Don't think he's around no more.

billyboyblue
04-23-2008, 02:12 AM
woooops! LOL
Well, hopefully some camper will take my BELATED advice into consideration :)

NiceArthur23
04-23-2008, 02:14 AM
ha ha... my penis hurts!

londontoronto
04-23-2008, 02:50 AM
check this outtt
http://www.clubplanet.com/Articles/2105/Gearing-Up-for-Coachella

Remember playing “The Oregon Trail” in elementary school? Your teachers thought you were learning important things, but it just filled your young brain with useless information about fording rivers and treating diphtheria. Or DID it? Preparing for Coachella is probably the closest most of us will ever get to embarking on an arduous journey into the desert. But unlike the Oregon Trail, where death-by-cholera just forces you to restart the game, you only get one shot a year at minimizing the hassles at Coachella. When you arrive safely at your destination, you’ll thank us for doing the research.

1) Dress for the weather
If you’ve never been to this little patch of desert, anticipate standard late spring weather—on Mercury. The heat varies year to year, so check out the forecast beforehand to see whether the highs are in the 80s or over 110. If the forecast is leaning towards hellishly sweltering, don’t bother with tank tops, unless you like the smell of your skin burning right off your bones. Wear light-colored, thin shirts that cover your shoulders, hats with brims, SPF 3000, and keep mini travel sticks of deodorant to carry with you all day.

2) Make sure you can stand the people in your car
On the morning of the first day, the I-10 lanes will be clogged with eager attendees for hours. Worse, the standstill pace makes “I Spy” and the license plate game impossible. Bring the albums of the bands at this year’s line-up to keep morale high.

3) Hydrate on the way there
The first-day wait to get into the camping grounds and arena can take hours, so drink enough water to prevent over-heating.

4) And then hide the water
Coachella volunteers will search your bags thoroughly when you’re passing through the gates, throwing out any outside food and water. The $2 Coachella-approved water bottles sold inside the premises will lighten your wallet over the hours spent running around in the sun. “Some people” have successfully weaseled in camel packs full of water that last all day, though it required hiding them in unmentionable places during the bag searches.

5) Expect dust
Remember those Westerns where the train robbers covered their faces with bandanas? We’re not suggesting you go Jesse James for the weekend, but sunglasses will shield your eyes from any errant dust that the breeze will carry. Keep a hanky or face wipes on hand to clean off the residue of sand and sweat accumulating on your forehead.

6) Make sleeping arrangements
And not for crashing in the van that you and your buddies parked under the vindictive desert sun. Camping is the preferred option among partiers and penny-pinchers who don’t want to stay in overpriced rooms at desert motels built solely for this yearly music orgy. Hotels are best for people who like throwing their money into a pit and hate having fun.

7) Don’t rely on your cell phone
Last year coverage was abysmal, so be organized about meeting up at certain times in very specific places lest you lose your entire party in a throng of Prince fans.

8) Cool off
Shade is minimal outside the tents, but the film festival area is mildly air-conditioned.

9) Prioritize
Leaving the Kraftwerk show to take a whiz sounds like a fine plan until you return to find the 300-deep crowd virtually impenetrable. Don’t elbow your way three feet in front of Death Cab and then assume you can slip out for a few minutes to grab a burger.

10) Sophie’s Choice
Accept this now: you will not see all of your favorite bands. Coachella is too big and the line-up is too crowded to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. Make a top 5 list of your absolute must-see groups and budget time to pop into shows by up-and-coming people. Trying to see every single one of your favoritest bands at Coachella is like shooting 350 pounds of buffalo that you can’t carry back to your wagon.

braxtron
04-23-2008, 06:28 AM
I shot so much more f-ing buffalo meat than I could carry back to my wagon last year =( I cried when they released the set times, HAHA! But this year I'm not going to get burned...I swear...Maybe by the sun, but that's it!

thelastgreatman
04-23-2008, 07:16 AM
If I see a copy of Catcher In The Rye anywhere I'm slapping it to the ground and micturating all over that tripe.

burdt
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
2 black shirts
2 pairs of black pants
A pair of black boots
2 pairs of black socks
A black jacket
$300 personal burial money.

jigsaw
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
ha ha... my penis hurts!

hahahahaha...Now you need to switch your name to NiceGayArthur23

That cock suckin' avatar is the best. LMAO

jimmycrackcorn
04-23-2008, 08:13 AM
you know what is missing from all these "to bring lists" is the gum/breath mints... after all the eating, drinking, and smoking; people are gonna have :poo breath...
DON"T have $hit breath!!
join the fresh breath team and get in on the big win:thu

NiceArthur23
04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
hahahahaha...Now you need to switch your name to NiceGayArthur23

That cock suckin' avatar is the best. LMAO

if i throw in the "GAY" to my name, i think i can bring back the 32 in place of this 23...

wait, can putting "gay" in my name get me banned?

sbessiso
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
speaking of gay, dont forget the lube arthur!

SFChrissy
04-23-2008, 08:35 AM
How much memory should I bring for the camera??? This is the first time I'll be going nutz on it and taking it to a festival!!!

NiceArthur23
04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
can i go nuts on your camera too?

Vic Viper
04-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I would just try to conceal things in your tent like you would in your car. Keep things out of sight.
Maybe you can get a lil lock and fasten the zippers together on your tent.
Also, I think they had a laptop check-in last year.
A think a lock would promote theft rather than deter it. Why bother giving people the impression that you have something to steal?

MarkO
04-23-2008, 08:44 AM
How much memory should I bring for the camera??? This is the first time I'll be going nutz on it and taking it to a festival!!!

I took ~2GB per day last year ............ so 3 or 4 cards.

Basskitten85
04-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I love the Oregon Trail Reference, Hella funny. Just dont forget your tickets at home or your money, make up, sleeping bag, tent ect ect ect

SFChrissy
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
can i go nuts on your camera too?BITCH...your always in the car!!!

I took ~2GB per day last year ............ so 3 or 4 cards.
WOW...how much of those images ended up getting deleted??? Fuck I gotta go shopping!!!

braxtron
04-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I won't forget my makeup...And my camera was stolen last week. I hope whoever took it enjoys the 4Gb of pictures of me on it...the douchebag.

Blinken
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I want to play some Oregon Trail, that game was awesome.

MarkO
04-23-2008, 10:33 AM
WOW...how much of those images ended up getting deleted??? Fuck I gotta go shopping!!!

Actually not that many. I use the hi speed shooting option a lot so I end up with a lot of multiples but there isn't a whole lot of 'crap' pics. Cards are cheap; Costco has pairs of 2GB Sandisk Ultras for $35.

MarkO
04-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Side note. DON"T bring sunscreen in an aerosol at least not into the venue. Security will confiscate it. I saw it last year.

Ciara Christine
04-23-2008, 10:56 AM

im packing 8 GB's

thats just me though.

garrett222
04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
i didn't put a lock on my tent last year and had no probs...thoughts? POLL

thewindowliquor
04-23-2008, 11:28 AM
If I see a copy of Catcher In The Rye anywhere I'm slapping it to the ground and micturating all over that tripe.

loools. last year i read The Age of Intelligent Machines. This year it will be The Age of Spiritual Machines.

amyzzz
04-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Side note. DON"T bring sunscreen in an aerosol at least not into the venue. Security will confiscate it. I saw it last year.
They didn't confiscate my aerosol sunscreen. I brought it in all 3 days.

a_newman
05-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Bring wellies it gets very dirty and i dont want my shoes ditched, Sounds discusting but girls bring a cup/bottle to the toilet those toilets are rank to evan look at let alone sit on :eek:

a_newman
05-14-2008, 06:10 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bring pro plus stay up for ages wooo

a_newman
05-14-2008, 06:12 AM
you know what is missing from all these "to bring lists" is the gum/breath mints... after all the eating, drinking, and smoking; people are gonna have :poo breath...
DON"T have $hit breath!!
join the fresh breath team and get in on the big win:thu

:thu lol defo bringing the mints never thought of actually bringing them few lol :p