PDA

View Full Version : crazy things you've seen at coachella

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

chairmenmeow47
01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
this is a thread for posting all the insane, random stuff you've seen at coachella over the years.

one year (it was either 2004 or 2005), i saw some kid who was in a port-a-potty that got knocked over. he had just gotten out somehow (i didn't see that part) and looked horrified and disgusted.

the cool part though was seeing all these people run up and dump their bottles of water over him. poor guy, but i think it's cool all the coachella kids were nice enough to give up their water for him without him even asking!

anyways, that's my story, YOUR TURN!

rampaige
01-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I saw some chic wearing a black bikini and knee high black boots. I couldn't figure out the logic in wearing a bikini with big ass sweaty boots. Not to mention the seriously effed up tan lines she probably got.

I_am_138
01-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I saw some chic wearing a black bikini and knee high black boots. I couldn't figure out the logic in wearing a bikini with big ass sweaty boots. Not to mention the seriously effed up tan lines she probably got.

HEY! that was me...no, but if it was either in 05 or last year it was a girl I went with. Her name Anikc and she's just as crazy as her name.

rampaige
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
HEY! that was me...no, but if it was either in 05 or last year it was a girl I went with. Her name Anikc and she's just as crazy as her name.

haha, that is nuts! It was indeed last year. The funny thing is while I was typing that I was thinking "I bet that girl's on here, and she's gonna kick my ass when she sees me talking shit about her boots..." :)

GTI_GRL
01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't call it crazy, I would call it stupid. All of the dumb 13itches wearing high heels and trying to walk around in a field. I was just waiting for them to fall or trip. I laughed my ass off when they did.

bballarl
01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Kids running around naked, fucking in the bushes.

bleep
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Waiting by the barrier at the main stage for Belle & Sebastian to come on. Really crowded and a girl near me, not wanting to lose her spot, squats down and pees into a cup! She then gives the cup to a security guy & asks him to throw the cup of "tea" for her. He did!

psychic friend
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I saw a guy peeing on the gobe tent. I had a blowhorn thing and yelled "hey that's the gobi tent, not the go pee tent" as I shined bright lights on him from my cart. He didn't seem so amused.

Barbara, the ninja
01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
So, it'd be weird to walk around in bikinis? With no boots, just sandals?

Bahamut727
01-23-2007, 11:19 PM
This guy that I (and Im sure many others) saw walking around last year. It must have been so damn hot in that thing....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Bahamut727/P1000072.jpg

bmack86
01-23-2007, 11:27 PM
that is...
wow.
I saw that crazy robot outside of Daft Punk. And, in 04 during Beck's set, I saw a guy smoke three joints in quick succession, by himself, and then clear a circle out around him so he could lay back and listen. I'm amazed that people moved to allow it to happen.

Bahamut727
01-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I assume this is the robot you are talking about
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Bahamut727/P1000114-1.jpg

But this guy was cool too

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Bahamut727/P1000281-1.jpg

koalafishmutantbird
01-23-2007, 11:44 PM

Every night I thank god, that americans are spared from the abomination that is Oasis.

luveebunni08
01-24-2007, 06:57 AM
that robot totally avoided my nephew (3 years old, and loves robots) to stare at some chicks cleavage. he was sad.

the "weird" things i've seen were just awesome. the stilt people and the people with wings in '05. i never saw anyone dressed up in costumes (like the mexican wrestler guys, or the wolf kid).

Bahamut727
01-24-2007, 09:27 AM
that robot totally avoided my nephew (3 years old, and loves robots) to stare at some chicks cleavage. he was sad.

awww poor kid :)

Coachellian
01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
[object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EYgfwgZwzRc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EYgfwgZwzRc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object]

Coachellian
01-24-2007, 09:58 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYgfwgZwzRc

maybe this will work...aww i dont know how to embed

ayates
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
I saw a guy peeing on the gobe tent. I had a blowhorn thing and yelled "hey that's the gobi tent, not the go pee tent" as I shined bright lights on him from my cart. He didn't seem so amused.

Your cart? You're one of those? Argh!

hawkingvsreeve
01-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Last year I saw a guy pissing into a trashcan in the middle of the field by the mainstage before Tool came on.

Also those similarly dressed "jogger" guys. Not so much weird as slightly amusing.

Also also, there is always some kid that has to have the biggest mohawk ever. Be on the lookout for that this year.

summerkid
01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
3 things last year.

I saw the wolf and I was thinking its way too hot to wear that thing.

I was waiting for like 10 minutes for a porta potty and i was getting really pissed off. So the door finally opens and two chicks walk out. I was like...

On saturday night when everyone was waiting in line for the campsite (i had just gotten in) I hear somebody yell take down the fence. Instantly the fence goes down, but people dont come rushing in they just slowly walk in like nothing happened lol

Glamour Damaged
01-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I saw a girl sitting on the grass biting her toe nails

Ineedmorelemons
01-24-2007, 12:12 PM
3 things last year.

I was waiting for like 10 minutes for a porta potty and i was getting really pissed off. So the door finally opens and two chicks walk out. I was like...

DUDE! I saw two guys walk out of one right in front of me.

smokingpurse
01-24-2007, 12:22 PM
In '04 I saw this really fucked up guy in the Sahara Tent walking around
with a small box on his head. It was shallow enough so it just barely covered his eyes. Every now and them he'd take a peek to see where he was going.

Same year, same tent. A woman, 45-ish, was wearing a peach camisole with matching peach satin shorts, pantyhose and heeled dancing shoes. She parked herself on the rail behind the sound board area and used it as a dancing partner. Bizarre.

Good times...can't wait for '07.

NoneForMeThanks
01-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Not so much crazy as amusing:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/139312704_1c231899a4_m.jpg
The Bunnymen

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/139312936_58292ff76b_m.jpg
These guys were doing choreographed fighting during Ted Leo.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/139312580_b6da7d3161_m.jpg
These muffins sat in the Gobi Tent for most of the day last year. Everytime I went to see an act, the muffins were still there. I have no idea if anyone ever ate them.

mozabilly54
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
That muffin thing is weird.

smokingpurse
01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
The Bunnymen are Gram Rabbit fans. A local, desert band. They sell rabbit ears at all of their shows.

amdux
01-24-2007, 01:25 PM
not at the festival, not really crazy, but everyone pitching in at lake cahuilla, helping change the tire on someone's car, very cool that spirit (and rewards of drink and smoke) and then waiting in line for shower as 3 gals were finishing up

somewhatdamaged
01-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Me and my friend were at the barricades waiting for Nine Inch Nails to start and my friend was sitting down and he gets up all fast. And he tells me that the guy in front of us was taking a piss right there. It was nasty

Coachellian
01-24-2007, 06:13 PM
in 05' one of the club kids at the sahara tent, had green hair...with green men tied up to the end of his hair strands...

Chillax
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
in 05' one of the club kids at the sahara tent, had green hair...with green men tied up to the end of his hair strands...

I saw that guy!!!! He looked Etarded.

Balthazar B
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
This one time, I saw a girl put a flute up her pussy...

tehsonofhud
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
one time, i saw a ghost!

woogie846
01-24-2007, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=Bahamut727;11652]I assume this is the robot you are talking about

That robot was awesome. I remember last year, when everyone was fascinated and talking with the robot, some jerk came up and started making fun of it. The guy said, "Hey, you like it when I do THIS, robot?" and touched what looked like a penis. All of a sudden, the robot penis shoots up and rubs against the jerk's leg. That was hilarious!

Californicator
01-24-2007, 09:35 PM
In '03, I was shrooming inside of a tent as it got dark outside, then when i came out, it was like a whole new world. I walked by that big ass electric thing that shoots out lightning bolts, and I just couldn't stop laughing...its not that it was funny, but that it was just waaay to astonishing and unbelievable.

essicajt
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
now i'm definitely bringing 'shrooms this year. sunset is going to be beautiful.

Glamour Damaged
01-25-2007, 08:48 AM

I saw that guy too! hahha

chairmenmeow47
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM

ha ha ha ha ha, that's awesome.

and the toe nail biting thing is effing foul.

lethaldesign
01-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I think it was in 04... I must have seen at least 8-10 different guys wearing skirts. Short skirts.

dmb4550
01-25-2007, 01:33 PM
these stories are seriously weak

thats all, carry on

lisa pea
01-25-2007, 03:03 PM
In '03, I was shrooming inside of a tent as it got dark outside, then when i came out, it was like a whole new world. I walked by that big ass electric thing that shoots out lightning bolts, and I just couldn't stop laughing...its not that it was funny, but that it was just waaay to astonishing and unbelievable.

Aaah, thats so awesome the Tesla Coil made you laugh, because you're right...its not funny AT ALL!
I think the craziest thing I ever saw was during MIA's set. I was near the entrance of the tent and all of a sudden I saw everyone duck down and heard some screaming. My initial reaction was to think that someone had a gun, so I ducked down also. Then I looked up to see a giant swarm of bees hovering near the tent (and some inside the tent). The bees up and left right away, but with all the chaos I was able to move up closer. Thanks bees!

SheriNOIR
01-26-2007, 05:28 AM
This thread needs more pictures :D.
Anyone know where I can see coachella pictures, is there another website or something ? Thanks :)

YouMakeMeLoseMyButtons
01-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I was there for the bees too! My boyfriend is deathly allergic, and he took off from me, screaming like a 7th grade girl.

in 04, this punk lookin chick in a bra and underwear only (and this weird hairstyle that consisted of shaved parts and long parts, randomly done so) sits down infront of my boyfriend and i. she gets up and starts doing some sort of exercise thing. My boyfriend looks at me and goes "cool, calisthenics."

I guess you had to be there.

shotglass75
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
OK, here is a part of a re-cap I wrote back from my Coachella 2004 trip. This is the absolute truth. The names have been changed. I give you The Raven Situation. Read this

...When everybody was at the car we decided just to chill there for a while, let the traffic die down, spark one up, and enjoy the moment. We were all just loving the night, the weekend, the experience, and each other. J and I were of course putting on a good show of trying to tell a story and getting nowhere fast with it, when a few yards away from us we saw a terrible sight. There was this young woman pushing a stroller towards us and from behind her this guy came up and pushed her very, very hard. He then said some stuff to her and hit her over the head. I am not sure if it was with his hand or a bottle, but I saw her face and I could tell that it hurt. Now being in the state I was and looking at these people, I first thought that maybe they were just f*cking with us. Like just making a scene to get a reaction and then laugh and ha ha ha. But we all soon realized that this was no joke. This guy hit this girl and was ready to do more if she couldn’t get away from him. So she kinda walked near us, asked us in a very quivering voice if she could join us and she sat down by J and myself. Well the guy stood back for a while and then JN went over to the girl to console the girl. I thought JN did an awesome job of asking questions and just being there for her. The girl explained that he has hit her before because she was with someone else when they were separated. Then the dude slowly walked up to us and asked if he could get a light for a smoke. She said, “Why would you want a light when you don’t even smoke?” So the guy is there, I stand up next to him and take my beer bottle and hold it like I am going to crack this d!ck if he even tries something.
Now let me try and paint a picture for you of what these two looked like. She is wearing all black fishnets, a skirt, top, and shoes. She has bruises on her arms, and short orange-like hair. I decided to call her Matilda. This guy was about 5’6, 125lbs soaking wet. He kinda looked like Jack White from The White Stripes but with zero amount of cool what so ever in him. He was wearing… go figure, black shoes, pants, and a shirt. I decided to call him Raven. Basically, they look like the people you would see at Neo. So Raven is telling Matilda that she is going with him. Well none of us were going to let that happen at all and he starts saying stuff like, “She f*cking cheated on me. Have you ever had someone cheat on you before?” Well I am now standing next to this dumb f*ck, pissed as all hell that our buzz for the entire trip has just been killed, and I burst out with a, “YEAH, YOU F*CK, BUT I NEVER F*CKING HIT HER!!!! ALL OF US HAVE BEEN CHEATED ON!!! IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU ANY F*CKING RIGHT TO HIT A GIRL” So now it seems that I was the guy that Raven was going to deal with. I am not saying that no one else was doing anything because they all were, but I remember what I did because I was freaked out by all of this. So as I am standing there talking to this guy I start to walk through everyone still sitting in the circle and while I do this I am kicking the video camera towards everyone hoping that someone would get the damn hint and start videotaping what was going down. The hint was never received. So this guy is still trying to get her to go with him and she isn’t budging.
The idea was brought up for this guy to walk away for 15 minutes and cool down. I say to the guy in a ‘get the hell out of here kind of voice’ “Dude, I will give you a cigarette if you just walk away. Now will you just leave!!!” The guy stares at me in the eye for a moment and walks away. As he is leaving I shout out, “Thanks for letting me keep my cigarette!!!” So the girl is crying, she introduces us to her baby, the baby looks up, and as if we were in some sort of movie, smiles and giggles. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth and ran away. It was so heartbreaking. Then we are talking how we need to get the cops, and she starts talking as if were right out of a textbook of ‘what battered woman say’. ‘He didn’t mean it.” “It didn’t really hurt.” I deserved it.” Well everyone is like, “F*ck no!!!” During this time, K and I walk to the back of the car to get a water and K suggest that maybe these two are gypsies and might come and rob us. Then we notice the guy walking back but around the other side of the car. I figure he is going to try and grab the stroller and run or something worse so I go and now I am standing next to the baby and across from him. So he starts saying stuff to us and I start saying stuff to him and kinda being a d!ck to him, which he deserved, and I notice his hands. I can’t see them. Right at this moment I look up and he was staring directly into my eyes. The look on his face was scary. It looked like he was going to do something that could absolutely change everyone lives. It looked like he was going to kill me. At least that was what I thought. So in a matter of about seconds I thought to myself, “this guy has a knife or a gun behind his back and is about to kill someone, and that someone is going to be me.” It could have been the enhancements, but I think everyone was thinking the same thing. So I start walking around the circle so I can see what is behind his back. When I get to K, K says, ‘S why don’t you get out of here and get the cops.” I 100% agreed. I looked behind this guys back and all I could see was something that I thought was a lighter but I wasn’t sure.
So I run down to the road out of the lot and grab a cop. He tells me to get in the car and show him where this is taking place. Now this sucked because he didn’t go the way I ran so when we got to the lot I tried explaining to these 2 cops where this was. “Over there straight ahead, no, no, go left it’s right over there by that red van.” So the cops start going to a red van but it wasn’t the one I was talking about. “Then I tell him, “behind you right over there.” I saw where I wanted to go but I could explain it to the cop because I am an idiot. So then the cops say to me, ‘You’re not f*cking with us, are you?” “No, no, look right over there by those people.” And he see’s everyone.
So the cops and I get to the site and they get the guy and put him in cuffs and sit him down by the cop car. One of the cops was with him and the other cop was with the girl and all of us. As he is talking to us he tells her what will happen to him if she presses charges and basically he is f*cked for life. So she is crying, we are all just miserable because of all of this, and that is when the paranoia started to kick in.
At this point the cop is talking to us and asking us who saw her get hit. It was JN, J, P, and my puddled a$$. So he asked to see all of ID’s. Well this whole time I felt like he was looking at me, obviously knowing that I was on something or another and I kept thinking that this guy is going to arrest me too. So when he asks for my ID, I give it to him and then he says, “Would you mind reading your Drivers License Number for me, I can’t see it so well?” So now I am like, “Sure, no problem.” At this moment I could feel everyone just looking at me hoping to God that I wouldn’t f*ck this up. I am about to have a heart attack and I grab the ID and read off the number. I am pretty sure I did a good job of it, but who the hell knows. So now, if this thing goes to trial we might be called upon to serve as witnesses and have to fly out to California for a court case.
It is now about 2 in the morning, we are all ready to get the hell out of there, and the cops decide to leave us along for a moment so we can talk about what should happen. We all were in agreement that this idiot should be locked up. B decided that he should be locked up just for the fact that he was wearing white socks with black pants. That kinda lifted everyone’s spirits. The cop came back with the girl and the decision was made that she was going with the one cop and Raven was going with the other. Fine let’s leave.

barrio
01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
tldr

KimKam
01-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I think it was 2003...this guy squat down on the ground, stuck one leg out and peed without pulling down his shorts or leaving any obvious wet spots on same shorts. The three of us who went that year still talk about it today.

beesteagirl
01-27-2007, 10:52 AM
not so much as crazy as endearing...

woke up one morning at on-site camping (2003) and crawled out of my tent to find the tallest man in the world sporting a black fishnet shirt, thigh-high stacked boots and Juicy Couture short-shorts. He was so handsome, lovely and proud... We still look for "Juicy" every year we go back.

Did anyone else see him?

One year we saw a girl sporting a handmade t-shirt that read: "Where's Juicy?" She must have seen him too.

ImAroundTheFur
01-27-2007, 07:55 PM
i saw a dude smoking crack (yes, from a crack pipe) during m83 in 2004. by the way, the dude only had one ear.

wstsidela
01-27-2007, 08:56 PM
some guy got his nut ripped off trying to jump the fence :rotfl

el_ornelas
01-28-2007, 01:12 AM
On saturday night when everyone was waiting in line for the campsite (i had just gotten in) I hear somebody yell take down the fence. Instantly the fence goes down, but people dont come rushing in they just slowly walk in like nothing happened lol

hahahahaha.

adzooks
01-28-2007, 03:48 AM
we had this crazy crack lady with a bag of lays chips come up to our tent and asked us to sign her shirt...she looked like a bag of anus' slammed against a wall!!!!

bartelby
01-28-2007, 07:30 AM
my buddy and i were laying on the ground listening to someone in the mojave tent when our other friends showed up with a couple of fellow canadian chicks...we chat for about 2mins and then the drunker of the two starts doing the nastiest stripper dance over my buddy's face - sweaty snatch rubbing and all (YUCK)

we got out of there pretty quickly.....

Boourns
01-28-2007, 07:53 AM
OK, here is a part of a re-cap I wrote back from my Coachella 2004 trip. This is the absolute truth. The names have been changed. I give you The Raven Situation. Read this

...When everybody was at the car we decided just to chill there for a while, let the traffic die down, spark one up, and enjoy the moment. We were all just loving the night, the weekend, the experience, and each other. J and I were of course putting on a good show of trying to tell a story and getting nowhere fast with it, when a few yards away from us we saw a terrible sight. There was this young woman pushing a stroller towards us and from behind her this guy came up and pushed her very, very hard. He then said some stuff to her and hit her over the head. I am not sure if it was with his hand or a bottle, but I saw her face and I could tell that it hurt. Now being in the state I was and looking at these people, I first thought that maybe they were just f*cking with us. Like just making a scene to get a reaction and then laugh and ha ha ha. But we all soon realized that this was no joke. This guy hit this girl and was ready to do more if she couldn’t get away from him. So she kinda walked near us, asked us in a very quivering voice if she could join us and she sat down by J and myself. Well the guy stood back for a while and then JN went over to the girl to console the girl. I thought JN did an awesome job of asking questions and just being there for her. The girl explained that he has hit her before because she was with someone else when they were separated. Then the dude slowly walked up to us and asked if he could get a light for a smoke. She said, “Why would you want a light when you don’t even smoke?” So the guy is there, I stand up next to him and take my beer bottle and hold it like I am going to crack this d!ck if he even tries something.
Now let me try and paint a picture for you of what these two looked like. She is wearing all black fishnets, a skirt, top, and shoes. She has bruises on her arms, and short orange-like hair. I decided to call her Matilda. This guy was about 5’6, 125lbs soaking wet. He kinda looked like Jack White from The White Stripes but with zero amount of cool what so ever in him. He was wearing… go figure, black shoes, pants, and a shirt. I decided to call him Raven. Basically, they look like the people you would see at Neo. So Raven is telling Matilda that she is going with him. Well none of us were going to let that happen at all and he starts saying stuff like, “She f*cking cheated on me. Have you ever had someone cheat on you before?” Well I am now standing next to this dumb f*ck, pissed as all hell that our buzz for the entire trip has just been killed, and I burst out with a, “YEAH, YOU F*CK, BUT I NEVER F*CKING HIT HER!!!! ALL OF US HAVE BEEN CHEATED ON!!! IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU ANY F*CKING RIGHT TO HIT A GIRL” So now it seems that I was the guy that Raven was going to deal with. I am not saying that no one else was doing anything because they all were, but I remember what I did because I was freaked out by all of this. So as I am standing there talking to this guy I start to walk through everyone still sitting in the circle and while I do this I am kicking the video camera towards everyone hoping that someone would get the damn hint and start videotaping what was going down. The hint was never received. So this guy is still trying to get her to go with him and she isn’t budging.
The idea was brought up for this guy to walk away for 15 minutes and cool down. I say to the guy in a ‘get the hell out of here kind of voice’ “Dude, I will give you a cigarette if you just walk away. Now will you just leave!!!” The guy stares at me in the eye for a moment and walks away. As he is leaving I shout out, “Thanks for letting me keep my cigarette!!!” So the girl is crying, she introduces us to her baby, the baby looks up, and as if we were in some sort of movie, smiles and giggles. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth and ran away. It was so heartbreaking. Then we are talking how we need to get the cops, and she starts talking as if were right out of a textbook of ‘what battered woman say’. ‘He didn’t mean it.” “It didn’t really hurt.” I deserved it.” Well everyone is like, “F*ck no!!!” During this time, K and I walk to the back of the car to get a water and K suggest that maybe these two are gypsies and might come and rob us. Then we notice the guy walking back but around the other side of the car. I figure he is going to try and grab the stroller and run or something worse so I go and now I am standing next to the baby and across from him. So he starts saying stuff to us and I start saying stuff to him and kinda being a d!ck to him, which he deserved, and I notice his hands. I can’t see them. Right at this moment I look up and he was staring directly into my eyes. The look on his face was scary. It looked like he was going to do something that could absolutely change everyone lives. It looked like he was going to kill me. At least that was what I thought. So in a matter of about seconds I thought to myself, “this guy has a knife or a gun behind his back and is about to kill someone, and that someone is going to be me.” It could have been the enhancements, but I think everyone was thinking the same thing. So I start walking around the circle so I can see what is behind his back. When I get to K, K says, ‘S why don’t you get out of here and get the cops.” I 100% agreed. I looked behind this guys back and all I could see was something that I thought was a lighter but I wasn’t sure.
So I run down to the road out of the lot and grab a cop. He tells me to get in the car and show him where this is taking place. Now this sucked because he didn’t go the way I ran so when we got to the lot I tried explaining to these 2 cops where this was. “Over there straight ahead, no, no, go left it’s right over there by that red van.” So the cops start going to a red van but it wasn’t the one I was talking about. “Then I tell him, “behind you right over there.” I saw where I wanted to go but I could explain it to the cop because I am an idiot. So then the cops say to me, ‘You’re not f*cking with us, are you?” “No, no, look right over there by those people.” And he see’s everyone.
So the cops and I get to the site and they get the guy and put him in cuffs and sit him down by the cop car. One of the cops was with him and the other cop was with the girl and all of us. As he is talking to us he tells her what will happen to him if she presses charges and basically he is f*cked for life. So she is crying, we are all just miserable because of all of this, and that is when the paranoia started to kick in.
At this point the cop is talking to us and asking us who saw her get hit. It was JN, J, P, and my puddled a$$. So he asked to see all of ID’s. Well this whole time I felt like he was looking at me, obviously knowing that I was on something or another and I kept thinking that this guy is going to arrest me too. So when he asks for my ID, I give it to him and then he says, “Would you mind reading your Drivers License Number for me, I can’t see it so well?” So now I am like, “Sure, no problem.” At this moment I could feel everyone just looking at me hoping to God that I wouldn’t f*ck this up. I am about to have a heart attack and I grab the ID and read off the number. I am pretty sure I did a good job of it, but who the hell knows. So now, if this thing goes to trial we might be called upon to serve as witnesses and have to fly out to California for a court case.
It is now about 2 in the morning, we are all ready to get the hell out of there, and the cops decide to leave us along for a moment so we can talk about what should happen. We all were in agreement that this idiot should be locked up. B decided that he should be locked up just for the fact that he was wearing white socks with black pants. That kinda lifted everyone’s spirits. The cop came back with the girl and the decision was made that she was going with the one cop and Raven was going with the other. Fine let’s leave.

That's rather fucked up. Wonder what happened to them.

Boourns
01-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Furry!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/furry.jpg

Mushroom bum! "You wanna buy some mushrooms? Okay man, but take your shoes off before entering my tent."
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/1016-vi.jpg

The "Iron Curtain" incident, where half the polo fields were roped off until past noon because Madonna was doing a dress rehearsal/soundcheck thing
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/167523496_43c8e63f00.jpg

And in 2004, I saw some guy I can only describe as Christmas light Jesus. He was wearing a crown of Christmas tree lights that were lit.

Saw a couple that was surely on meth in 2006 before Tool. They would get right up in each other's faces and take turns yelling "TOOOOOL!!!" at the top of their lungs. After a few minutes, I sarcastically said under my breath "Skynyrd", so the guy said "Skynyrd..yeah! Freebird! Come on Maynard, play some FREEEBIRD." At that point I moved to a spot closer to the stage but further to the side. And here some guy didn't want to give up his spot, and asked if I could help dig a hole for him so he could take a crap, and since I was so stoned, I did, then quickly left again so I didn't have to smell or see it. Not even a great spot, considering how easily I got there...maybe he was really fucked up, too.

Some girl wearing a wife beater and a black bikini bottom stuck her hand down the back of her bikini, then sniffed her hand.

Saw a juggalo in 2005.

In 2005 at camp there was this crazy guy making the rounds. Not only did he bring his mother with him, but he also said crazy shit. Maybe I'm just too shy, but I can't imagine walking up to a stranger and telling them about how my brain was fried from too much acid as a kid, my father killed himself, and I just broke my finger for punching a dumpster. And when he and his mom left us, we heard him say "maybe I'll just get lucky with you." Zoinks.

Two drag queens slap-fighting during Madonna.

A regular queen out-bitching a spoiled, shoulder-sitting sorority girl during Madonna.

A Madonna fan during the Iron Curtain incident describing Carl Cox's set like this: "he's this biiiiiggg black man"

Last year some guy was attempting to light a red vagina candle outside his tent, and asked if I had a zippo.

shotglass75
01-28-2007, 08:37 AM
That's rather fucked up. Wonder what happened to them.

No clue. i just hope The Raven doesn't read this board and try to come find me!!!

auto_drive
01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
this is a thread for posting all the insane, random stuff you've seen at coachella over the years.

one year (it was either 2004 or 2005), i saw some kid who was in a port-a-potty that got knocked over. he had just gotten out somehow (i didn't see that part) and looked horrified and disgusted.

the cool part though was seeing all these people run up and dump their bottles of water over him. poor guy, but i think it's cool all the coachella kids were nice enough to give up their water for him without him even asking!

anyways, that's my story, YOUR TURN!

i heard about his while waiting to get a drink at the bar. totally sucks!

shmamber
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
In 2004 my husband and I were drinking in the beer garden when we were approached by a man who was obviously out of his mind on something or other. He chatted us up about how he really liked to steal signs from radio station booths, and how he had this huge collection at his house, etc etc etc. He told us that he would buy us a drink, because he had "just come in to a big windfall" of money, and would we like a hit off of his speed pipe? Needless to say, we did not take him up on his offer.

For the rest of the weekend, whenever we heard the "ambulance" noise, we would immediately think of who we dubbed affectionately as "speed pipe man." After all, it WAS about 110 degrees out that year!

fasttrack
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
here's a really drunk person on a strangers tent on the first night of camping.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/fasttrackstatus/before.jpg
and heres' the same guy, next morning.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/fasttrackstatus/after.jpg

chairmenmeow47
01-30-2007, 10:50 AM
shotglass, that's nuts!!!

and i wish i could have seen the queens slap fighting during madonna :(

downingthief
01-30-2007, 11:38 AM
The guys all dressed up like 70's joggers last year were classic...going around, high-fiving each other, saying "Good Game, Good Game."

2004...right before Beck, some girl apparantly was wearing a skirt whilst sitting with no underwear, and word of it spread like wild-fire in front of us. You could see every guy turning in her direction to get a look see. Alas, I did not.

thaipod
01-30-2007, 01:00 PM
And in 2004, I saw some guy I can only describe as Christmas light Jesus. He was wearing a crown of Christmas tree lights that were lit.

I remember that guy! I saw him during the Cure. I may have even taken a picture with him. I think he was even handing out funny literature as well.

shant
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Some guy came up to my friend and he was carrying 3 cups and a ball. And he asked my friend if he wants to bet 5 dollars on that game where he shuffles the cups and you guess where the ball is.
1st game: The guy makes it pretty easy and my friend wins 5 dollars.
2nd game: My friend loses 5 dollars.
3rd game: My friend loses 20 dollars.
4th game: My friend loses another 20 dollars.

Did I mention my friend was rolling pretty hard?

Moral of the story: avoid wagering money on carnival games if you have taken ecstacy.

shmamber
01-30-2007, 02:40 PM
I remember that guy! I saw him during the Cure. I may have even taken a picture with him. I think he was even handing out funny literature as well.

What was the literature about? I'm having a headache with pictures (a memory)--but it is vague...

thaipod
01-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I honestly don't remember, my memory is pretty hazy too. But I'm almost positive he was handing something out.

At the very least, he had a lot of funny things to say.

joebizz
01-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Craziet thing I saw was the dude who climbed the giant giraffe sculpture after Bloc party. That thing had to have been 3 stories tall. That was nuts!!!!

daughterxofxexile
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
This guy that I (and Im sure many others) saw walking around last year. It must have been so damn hot in that thing....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Bahamut727/P1000072.jpg

hahaha thats awesome

chairmenmeow47
01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/album04/1Proposal.sized.jpg

offyerhead
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE=chairmenmeow47;27530]this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

That was great. I was just to your left.

Boourns
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Last year on Monday morning somebody had left a flyer for Ladytron under my tent, along with some t-shirt. The t-shirt was white, size XL, and I can't remember what it said exactly, but I remember it being 4:20 related.

In 2005, late Saturday night, a bunch of us at camp were trying to get a soccer game going, and I had a really bad nosebleed. I excused myself to go to the portapotty, where I used my entire pack of tissues in a futile effort to stop the bleeding. And this was a gusher. Blood somehow got on every wall, the door, and all over the toilet seat. And all over my shirt. I looked like Andrew WK. When I returned, a pretty girl asked me if the ball had broken my nose, and figuring that was cooler than having a horrible nosebleed from being allergic to everything out there, I said yeah. Right before security broke up our game efforts and threatened to call the cops on us for breaking the noise curfew, I saw someone walk into that portapotty, only to run out screaming. Twice.

chairmenmeow47
01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
That was great. I was just to your left.

that's awesome! lol, it's cool to post pics and see who was by you :)

did anyone see this guy last year (on the left)?

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/580630-3/073_DUDE.jpg

his name is steve and he's a friend-of-a-friend. we live in arizona. well, i saw him early in the day saturday in the dance tent and he had said he was with our mutual friend dude (that's what everyone calls him, no clue what his real name is).

well, during depeche mode, we see this "DUDE" sign walking through the crowd and we figured it must have been steve. my friends had seen him more recently than me and had said he had lost his friends and that his friends had all his stuff. so i ran through the crowd to find him and pulled him back to our friends.

he was kinda freaked out since he couldn't find anyone, but he said he met a bunch of friendly people throughout the day, so it wasn't all bad. he left us after a bit to continue his search (and he eventually found them). it was just hilarious to see this "DUDE" sign in the crowd. i kept wondering what people thought since they wouldn't know it was a name :rotfl

maddjester
01-31-2007, 08:45 PM
anybody catch the guy that climed the fence and mooned the crow trying to exit onthe first night? (I think it was the first night) The freaky part was all the flash photography that went off.

oh and the cops on horses...those horses are massive!
and the water truck....

Mr.Nipples
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
bought mdma powder off some random guy that looked like he was gone...fucking gone. there is hope kids.

MakeItSantoriTimes
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
i saw some guy explode into a million pieces during Sigur Ros because it was so damn loud. true story... swear to god...

smoke
02-01-2007, 12:49 AM
haha...i saw the DUDE sign at Depeche Mode, and then saw him again at Daft Punk! thanks for clearing that up, i wondered what was up with that guy!

smoke
02-01-2007, 01:00 AM
oh yea, and i notice the random acts of kindness.

i was away from my group and was taking pictures of the main stage last year at sunset, and some dude comes up and offers to take some of me w/the stage in the background.

the dudes who shared a bowl with me and my friend during daft punk.

the two girls who urged me to dance in the mid day heat duing infusion's set.

toolisbomb
02-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Last year on Monday morning somebody had left a flyer for Ladytron under my tent, along with some t-shirt. The t-shirt was white, size XL, and I can't remember what it said exactly, but I remember it being 4:20 related.

In 2005, late Saturday night, a bunch of us at camp were trying to get a soccer game going, and I had a really bad nosebleed. I excused myself to go to the portapotty, where I used my entire pack of tissues in a futile effort to stop the bleeding. And this was a gusher. Blood somehow got on every wall, the door, and all over the toilet seat. And all over my shirt. I looked like Andrew WK. When I returned, a pretty girl asked me if the ball had broken my nose, and figuring that was cooler than having a horrible nosebleed from being allergic to everything out there, I said yeah. Right before security broke up our game efforts and threatened to call the cops on us for breaking the noise curfew, I saw someone walk into that portapotty, only to run out screaming. Twice.

That is amazing.

Last year my friend and I were chillin on the grass and some guy came up and asked us if he could kiss our feet, then proceeded to feed us euphemisms for "foot fetish."

Benis23
02-01-2007, 02:46 AM

what? kids were running around naked and fucking in the bushes?

SubBass49
02-01-2007, 08:00 AM
I cant believe that no one mentioned the guy a few years ago (I saw him in the tent while Ian McKay was talking) who had a giant leg-bone of some animal on the end of a chain or a rope. It was fleshy and nasty and he was dragging it around with him all day. FREAK.

Also, watching Juliette Lewis & Ethan Suplee dance to Spearhead a few years ago. My brother had me take his picture with them.

There's the people that make the rounds in the parking lot before shows and make you think you're getting a ticket for public drinking, but really they're just asking for money for childrens charities.

-- J

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
haha...i saw the DUDE sign at Depeche Mode, and then saw him again at Daft Punk! thanks for clearing that up, i wondered what was up with that guy!

LOL, glad to clear it up. i couldn't stop laughing thinking about people's reactions to that sign. he was so happy to see me when i found him, he looked so traumatized, lol.

ashtraygrl
02-01-2007, 09:09 AM
i really hope there are no bees at this coachella. i would die.

quite literaly.

starrdogg
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I saw some pretty wild shit during NIN in '05. Because it was NIN, there were obviously going to be people moshing, but most of the crowd was having none of it and getting the hell away from the moshers. So this large group of us had moved away from the mosh pit, hoping to enjoy NIN without getting hit, and suddenly this HUGE guy (he's seriously like 6'5" 275 pounds and could've easily been a college football player, not just fat, but strong too) tries to start his own mosh pit. No one is having any of it, but he's not getting the hint and just keeps pushing girls over and elbowing everyone in sight. At this point, people are getting pissed, but because this guy is so big and scary, no one is doing anything about it and just trying to get as far away from him as possible. Finally, things are coming to a boiling point, and this little guy (probably 5'8", 140 pounds) is clearly angry and wants to do something. So the next time a mosh pit starts up, he runs up and just tackles the guy, very impressive given the size difference. Still, the guy won't back off, so the little guy runs and tackles him again, and this time goes nuts. He probably hit the big dude in the face like 15-20 times, and finally we think it's over. But no! After being down for a minute or so, the big dude gets back up, face covered in blood, and screams and starts spitting blood all over the place, and tries to start another mosh pit. I think the adrenaline then started to wear off though, cause he fell back down after about a minute and then got up and slinked off out of the crowd. That shit was scary, I think he was on some fucking PCP or meth or something wild.

BEANTOWNKJC
02-01-2007, 09:46 AM
whats up with the doses situation there? would i be able to get some mushrooms or tabs easily? its my 1st time comin im so amped about RAGE!!!

Mr.Nipples
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
get your drugs before you get in, theres nothing that would hurt more than getting busted by some pig mid-deal and then you wont be able to come back to see rage. i got lucky last year but if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find

smoke
02-01-2007, 11:02 AM
if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find

hahahaha

Boourns
02-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I saw some pretty wild shit during NIN in '05. Because it was NIN, there were obviously going to be people moshing, but most of the crowd was having none of it and getting the hell away from the moshers. So this large group of us had moved away from the mosh pit, hoping to enjoy NIN without getting hit, and suddenly this HUGE guy (he's seriously like 6'5" 275 pounds and could've easily been a college football player, not just fat, but strong too) tries to start his own mosh pit. No one is having any of it, but he's not getting the hint and just keeps pushing girls over and elbowing everyone in sight. At this point, people are getting pissed, but because this guy is so big and scary, no one is doing anything about it and just trying to get as far away from him as possible. Finally, things are coming to a boiling point, and this little guy (probably 5'8", 140 pounds) is clearly angry and wants to do something. So the next time a mosh pit starts up, he runs up and just tackles the guy, very impressive given the size difference. Still, the guy won't back off, so the little guy runs and tackles him again, and this time goes nuts. He probably hit the big dude in the face like 15-20 times, and finally we think it's over. But no! After being down for a minute or so, the big dude gets back up, face covered in blood, and screams and starts spitting blood all over the place, and tries to start another mosh pit. I think the adrenaline then started to wear off though, cause he fell back down after about a minute and then got up and slinked off out of the crowd. That shit was scary, I think he was on some fucking PCP or meth or something wild.

Meth is a hell of a drug.

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Not crazy but kinda gross 'n sad was seeing a bunch of tweeked off kidz doing key bumps of crystal in the sahara tent!!!

I did see the guy who got dumped i the porto...poor guy!!!

SFChrissy
02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
get your drugs before you get in, theres nothing that would hurt more than getting busted by some pig mid-deal and then you wont be able to come back to see rage. i got lucky last year but if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find

Yeah...saw some dudes getting arrested for selling e a couple years ago...

but you can also spot out the guy whos eyeballs are popping out of his head in the sahara tent too...

nmaff
02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
In 2005 at camp there was this crazy guy making the rounds. Not only did he bring his mother with him, but he also said crazy shit. Maybe I'm just too shy, but I can't imagine walking up to a stranger and telling them about how my brain was fried from too much acid as a kid, my father killed himself, and I just broke my finger for punching a dumpster. And when he and his mom left us, we heard him say "maybe I'll just get lucky with you." Zoinks.

that totally sounds like people staying 2 tents away from me. the kid, his mother and sister all went, and then the mom kept coming and talking to me and these english guys all night for no reason, she was totally high... and then the monday morning we saw her aimlessly wandering around asking for a ride into town, aparently she lost both of her kids that weekend? they were like 18ish or so, and she was a scabby crackwhore.

alllllllso, i was an oddity at coachella 2005, i had broken my leg and arm and was in 2 casts and on crutches the whole weekend... the nurse who put on my casts decided to give me orange and purple striped casts, just in case i didn't stand out enough as it was.... i talked with one guy who, when he found out i am canadian, asked me if mark messier bodychecked me. zing!

that same year i was in the sahara tent for chem bros and this guy beside me kept telling me how high on lsd he was and how it was the most amazing experience of my life, and then as soon as they were finished he turned around to 2 girls behind us, and says "i'm not high or anything right now, but... i totally love you guys." and then attempted to pick i think both of them, up. unsuccessfully.

oh and during nine inch nails i was right up front center, 1 row back from the fence, and it was getting so rowdy in there i threw up crutches over the fence and then got them after the show.

york707
02-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Him?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/284295089_aeecfb03be.jpg

rollinidiosyncrack
02-01-2007, 04:33 PM
holy shit.. i've never been to coachella, but this shit made me laugh so hard, i seriously can't wait to go this year.

nmaff
02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Him?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/284295089_aeecfb03be.jpg

hahahhahh fucking YES thats him, i'm almost 100% positive
hahahahaha
RAD

Boourns
02-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Yup, that's them.

el_harderino
02-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Man last year i saw a guy take a shit in front of the mainstage and he wiped his ace with his "Daft Punk" tee.

-KRS-
02-01-2007, 10:45 PM
This was similarly mentioned briefly a page or 2 ago, but anyways...

I'm waiting in line to use the port-a-potties, anxious to get back to a stage, and I'm next in line when the door opens. This big bald muscley guy comes out and he's pulling up his pants and heading off. A moment later, another big bald muscle-bound guy comes out doing up his belt. I do a double-take wondering if I just saw what I thought I did, then proceed to use a different port-a-pottie.

Boourns
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Portapotty butt sex, how class.

Boourns
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Bahamut727;11652]I assume this is the robot you are talking about

That robot was awesome. I remember last year, when everyone was fascinated and talking with the robot, some jerk came up and started making fun of it. The guy said, "Hey, you like it when I do THIS, robot?" and touched what looked like a penis. All of a sudden, the robot penis shoots up and rubs against the jerk's leg. That was hilarious!

I never saw this robot :(

hollywood scum
02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I asked that robot to see his dick and that metal dildo thing popped out and started thrusting. Then my friend asked if we were allowed to blaze and he answered "I am not authorized to answer that question"

el_harderino
02-02-2007, 12:06 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/el_harderino/foodfight.jpg

Kasabian
02-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I saw the actor Jason Lee taking pictures of the band AutoLux on stage during their set in 05. Not on the side of the stage - but actually waltzing around on stage. It took me a while to figure out that it was even a celebrity due to high volumes of facial hair. Did anyone else see this?

dekr510
02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Celebrity! he's just a skateboarder. lol ...jk

gelica40
02-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Celebrity! he's just a skateboarder. lol ...jk

get a life diego. so ill meet at my apartment? lol

ssclark16
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
heheahahahha, i just like your screen name. ha. i was going to be superman in a wheelchair dis halloween, but, steve zissou instead.

chappiz369
02-04-2007, 09:01 PM
last year there was also a guy walking around covered in a blanket (???)

Natelevmofuggaz
02-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Aww I was getting so into reading these and now there's no more.

Ha last year I heard some guy whacking it in the portapotty.

Funny shit.

Popcynical
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
I blazed with David Spade.

Not really... this is gonna be my first time. :D

vinylmartyr
02-05-2007, 08:59 PM
That robot ruled face.

McFearless
02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Haha I need to meet the robot.

keybump
02-07-2007, 07:09 AM
30,000 people pretending that they actually wanted to see Kraftwerk.

chairmenmeow47
02-07-2007, 07:22 AM
This was similarly mentioned briefly a page or 2 ago, but anyways...

I'm waiting in line to use the port-a-potties, anxious to get back to a stage, and I'm next in line when the door opens. This big bald muscley guy comes out and he's pulling up his pants and heading off. A moment later, another big bald muscle-bound guy comes out doing up his belt. I do a double-take wondering if I just saw what I thought I did, then proceed to use a different port-a-pottie.

ha ha ha ha, SMART CHOICE, i'm sure!!!

and i wasn't pretending, kraftwerk was the shit!!! that tent was way too crowded to do much dancing though.

KenMixtape
02-07-2007, 09:43 AM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/KenMixtape/myspace/coachella2006r8raunchysexcar.jpg

Peabs42177
02-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Not so much crazy/weird but coincidental: I ran into actress Amber Tamblyn the last three years. And every time it was in between the Tesla Coil and main stage.

york707
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Is that Stefanitely taking a deuce on the hood of that car?

invisiblerobots
02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Last year I was in downtown Palm Springs the day after the shows. It was the day that all the Latinos were on strike and they were parading down the main street. After getting our lunch we hopped back in our rental van just in time to get out before the marchers reached where we were parked. So here we are driving down main street with a whole bunch of marchers behind us and I realize that I've got Dirty Sanchez written in huge letters in the dust on our hood. I was hoping someone would take our picture.

Mr.Nipples
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Last year I was in downtown Palm Springs the day after the shows. It was the day that all the Latinos were on strike and they were parading down the main street. After getting our lunch we hopped back in our rental van just in time to get out before the marchers reached where we were parked. So here we are driving down main street with a whole bunch of marchers behind us and I realize that I've got Dirty Sanchez written in huge letters in the dust on our hood. I was hoping someone would take our picture.

hahahaha god that day after SUCKED!!! it took me 2 hours just to get out of downtown. it was quite a sight though...

rampaige
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Whoa, I had totally forgotten about that. My friends and I drove around Palm Springs forever looking for someplace to eat, but everywhere was closed due to the protest.

SheriNOIR
02-10-2007, 04:14 AM
What were they protesting about ?

SubBass49
02-10-2007, 08:30 AM
The US government was going to pass legislation to make being here illegally a felony, and to also charge anyone who helps those who were here illegally, such as priests, teachers, medical staff, etc with a crime as well. It resulted in massive school walk-outs, protests, and the May 1st boycott (the one they're talking about) where all supporters of those who come here to work were asked to not go to work, but protest instead.

-- J

napaquetzalli
02-10-2007, 08:00 PM
may 1st my sister and i drove back to LA in the morning and went to the protest in there in downtown. it was amazing. the next day i had a spanish project due so i totally bullshitted it by talking about the protest and i got an A.

invisiblerobots
02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
It was telling that the only functioning restaurant in Palm Springs was a Mexican place. But we did have to wait over an hour to eat.

amyzzz
02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
The US government was going to pass legislation to make being here illegally a felony, and to also charge anyone who helps those who were here illegally, such as priests, teachers, medical staff, etc with a crime as well. It resulted in massive school walk-outs, protests, and the May 1st boycott (the one they're talking about) where all supporters of those who come here to work were asked to not go to work, but protest instead.

-- J
I think they actually passed a law like that in AZ last November. Craziness.

psychic friend
02-12-2007, 10:32 AM
ok i don't know if this is crazy, but it's funny, well to me it is. I think the first or 2nd year we were driving (in golf cart) down one of the roads surrounding the polo field and there was this scalper guy with a sign that said "i need tickets" and we just grabbed the sign as we drove by. The scalper guy was not too happy. So funny..

vinylmartyr
02-12-2007, 10:34 AM
That was funny.

deadguy
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Hah I remember the car sign.

Last year as we were leaving there was a couple fighting because the chick had lost her boyfriend and wasted all night looking for him, while he was out grooving to Daft Punk with other friends. Every time the guy would try to say something, the chick would interrupt him and say 'you know what?!? f$ck you'. Every. Single. Time.

It was awesome. My friends and I still use that phrase -- you know what?

GirlsGone(Oscar)Wilde
02-13-2007, 01:32 AM
My friend and I saw a lady wearing a wedding dress in the dance tent last year. Not as sweltering as the bear suit but uncomfortable; I'd think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/dentona2000/dress.jpg

I also have a video of the jogger guys somewhere on my computer. I should dig it up and post it; it was quite entertaining watching them jammin' to YYY's.

justme
02-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I'd love to see the jogger guys clip!

BROKENDOLL
02-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Well...seeing that Suffacated n' I live right on Monroe Street 2 blocks away, just looking over the wall at the line of cars is pretty crazy! And, if our plan to get married at COACHELLA happens, I imagine that will be pretty crazy as well!!! LOVE@COACHELLA!!!

BROKENDOLL
02-13-2007, 08:21 AM
WOW! JUST SEEING THIS PIC HAS ME THINKING WE GOTTA DO IT SUFFACATED! REFERING TO "MARRIED AT COACHELLA 2007 POST"
this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/album04/1Proposal.sized.jpg

Foppie
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Right as the Zutons started their set at the outdoor stage two guys in front of me sparked up a J. We were at the way back of the crowd so these dudes were not quite Low Profile. Two copers sweep in before the dudes can get a second hit. One of the smokers was trying to squirm out of the officers reach which only made the cops more hostile. Total buzz kill for me, but a cautionary tale for all of us. Be smart, be hidden. Don't let the good stuff or the man ruin your weekend.

Fixer808
02-13-2007, 11:53 AM
God, I wanna go back! This shit is too good to miss!

pseudosapienx
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
okay the muffins were funny as hell.

Glamour Damaged
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I saw the actor Jason Lee taking pictures of the band AutoLux on stage during their set in 05. Not on the side of the stage - but actually waltzing around on stage. It took me a while to figure out that it was even a celebrity due to high volumes of facial hair. Did anyone else see this?

I saw this as well, but I didnt think it was durning Autolux..hmmm..anyway yeah I didnt recognize him cause of all that facial hair but the friend who I was with did :D

sol77
02-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Last year i was waiting for my sister in the bathroom and I saw a girl coming out of one of the porta potties and she was wearing a mini skirt she look at me and when straight where the purel things are and she got like a kilometer of paper stock in her panties it came out of her skirt i was going to tell her but she was walking like she was miss universe so i let her go jajajajaja.

Don´t look bad at me or i let you go doing an embarresment of youre self

york707
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
The jogging outfits were cliches before the jogging dudes even thought of wearing jogging outfits to the fest.

private,eyes
02-17-2007, 09:27 AM
We don't jog in fact we're the High Fiving Team from Uraguay!! Coachella is the Super Bowl of high fiving.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
O6 and this guy near the dance tent when carl cox and DAFT PUNK wher eon, had these glowing lights all over him ....

cosmic hearse
02-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Last year I saw a guy pissing into a trashcan in the middle of the field by the mainstage before Tool came on.

Also those similarly dressed "jogger" guys. Not so much weird as slightly amusing.

Also also, there is always some kid that has to have the biggest mohawk ever. Be on the lookout for that this year.

whats this kid look like?

SubBass49
02-18-2007, 10:27 AM
he has a mohawk

airguitarvet
02-18-2007, 02:42 PM
O6 and this guy near the dance tent when carl cox and DAFT PUNK wher eon, had these glowing lights all over him ....

i saw the same guy at madonna's confessions tour.
same shirt and all. must be a madonna fan.

flora mouse
02-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Jesus Christ man! What a bloody nightmare. And all you were trying to do was help someone. What a fucking dog's dinner that nearly turned in to.

Did you ever hear of it again?

worldwide2020
02-18-2007, 04:14 PM
In '04 I saw a guy climb to the top of the Sahara Tent then slide down the other side. I thought that was pretty effing rad.

disgustipated
02-19-2007, 01:06 PM
I saw the guy in the dog suit a few times last year. The last time I saw him he was passed out hard core!

jimmycrackcorn
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
wow after reading this thread i know i missed a LOT... i saw a group of guys playing three card monte on my way from parking lot to gate, and i saw some hotties dressed up anime style/jpop-rock with cool contact lenses that made their eyes X'd out...

MarkO
02-25-2007, 08:56 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5682/bikinigirlji5.jpg

I have no idea how she could wear boots like that all day.

AEversW
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM

this guy?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/AEversW/abcaa9fb.jpg

maddjester
02-26-2007, 12:47 AM
i wasi nthe parking lot with 5 otherp eople tlaking at like 1am or so...and this guy tripping balls coame up to use and sat down and joined us. None of us knew him, but he told us his name was fifty, and kept calling everyone love and was trying to tell us aobut the sunshine and how we should read its currency or whatever... overall none of it made sense...it was shite that was off the wall....then somebody called his cell, and we answered it and told the guy on the line thath is firned was completely out of it and he sohuld come get him....but all we could tell him was... we're i nthe parking lot. Then the dude known as fifty jsut got up and left. We were all left specchless.... i think i saw him get knicked by an agnet later on.... all in all it was randomly hilarious...but i bit scary ...

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
this guy?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/AEversW/abcaa9fb.jpg

It's like a glow stick yeti, hahaha classic.

psychic friend
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
http://coachella.com/util/gallery_image.php?id=4670

smoke
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
hahaha

keep your pants on!

Botrocker
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Saw a woman giving birth before Bauhaus in 05.

AEversW
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
not crazy but my favorite thing i saw last year....
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/AEversW/fuckmadonna-1.jpg

psychic friend
02-26-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0511042inside1.jpg

Proadict
02-26-2007, 06:51 PM
not crazy but my favorite thing i saw last year....
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/AEversW/fuckmadonna-1.jpg

i was watching Coheed and cambria when madonna was playing

Mr.Nipples
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM
i was watching Coheed and cambria when madonna was playing

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/whocares1.jpg

Amdammer
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
What kind of fuckery is this? Good stuff.

GTI_GRL
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
If you were camping on site, you might have heard the 2 lesbian chicks fighting. It was around 12-1 am and they kept yelling for a good 30-60min. I can't remember everything said, but it was funny as hell. It was right around section G or J 34 (I think). Everyone in the tents around them were tired of their fighting so they started yelling shit. We yelled for popcorn for the midnight movie, and to pass certain items (butter, salt, soda etc...). One of the girls said she was leaving and fuck the whole event, so people started asking for her tickets. I just remember one of them repeating, no fuck you .... (can't remember the name), you always do this to me, why the fuck did I come. Then it started up about how she is a fucking bitch and doesn't know why she is with her.....etc...... Earlier in the day they were in their campsite with the down completely open in just underwear. They were also outside their tent like this........anyone in this camping section last year remember this or thier names? The names were repeated so many times, I cant believe I forgot them.

psychic friend
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
http://coachella.com/util/gallery_image.php?id=2055

psychic friend
02-27-2007, 04:01 PM
http://coachella.com/util/gallery_image.php?id=1725

SubBass49
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
UGH...there was so much nasty plumber crack goin' on...

As for the sleeping guard...a nice bottle of SPF 45 sunscreen that's left out in the sun to warm up works nicely for writing various messages on exposed flesh. =)

GTI_GRL
02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
http://coachella.com/util/gallery_image.php?id=2055

why couldn't he be working at the backstage area? I could walk right by

malcolmjamalawesome
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
THE COACHELLA VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL JOGGING TEAM WILL RETURN FOR 2007!!!
Also I saw a guy sucking some girl's boobs in the beer tent. They were HUGE!
Dave Wang says "Trance is Dead"!

kimery08
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
"if you dont know, now you know *****"

psychic friend
02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
why couldn't he be working at the backstage area? I could walk right by that is backstage, back road entrance

C DUB YA
02-27-2007, 07:26 PM

YES!!!

HAHA - look at the first few secs of the video - just before the fade out into the title - in the crowd scan...there he is! Jesus watched Air!

DdB7h4DDdyQ

Teamtoe
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I love this thread, Coachella seems so amazing. I can't wait to go this year!!!

C DUB YA
02-27-2007, 07:55 PM
you are going to have fun

JClemy
02-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I check this thread pretty much everyday to see more and more craziness. I can't wait to see what crazy things happen this year!

Mr.Nipples
02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
THE COACHELLA VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL JOGGING TEAM WILL RETURN FOR 2007!!!
Also I saw a guy sucking some girl's boobs in the beer tent. They were HUGE!
Dave Wang says "Trance is Dead"!

please dont...

Blue Box
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
During the 04 Le Tigre set at the outdoor stage some chick was crazy enough to climb to the very top of the metal frame that arches over the stage and holds all the stagelights. She chilled up there for a bit, tossed out a bunch of flyers into the crowd below (never found out what was on them), climbed back down and was promptly led away by security. Pretty rad.

boarderwoozel3
02-28-2007, 03:22 AM
This thred makes me really stoked for my first coachella

C DUB YA
02-28-2007, 11:54 AM
they shoulda included more of this type craziness in the film.

they did feature the scuba tank helmet guy though

ghettojournalist
02-28-2007, 04:49 PM
last year during the wait for madonna, people were passing around tabs of E.
then this one guy starts moving through the crowd saying:
"i'm a young gay man looking to dance!"

HorrorLibraryNet
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Not so much 'crazy'...but in 2004 I was asked a record 4 TIMES if I knew where to find any ecstasy. While certainly no stranger to chemical indulgences...I don't exactly LOOK like a 'drug person'. My friends were kinda weirded out by this too, and kept wondering 'Why is everyone targeting YOU today?'

I mean, I'm 100% they were undercover plants trying to bust people...but I was pretty damn conservative looking back then and even had a buzzcut. Found the whole thing really weird. Especially the British chick who kept insisting, 'I KNOW you know where I can get some E...c'mon!' *LOL*

SubBass49
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah...'04 was a year of really hardcore undercover drug stings...I remember watching quite a few people getting arrested that year in the tents...

C DUB YA
02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
expect a ton more there this year - it will have to be kept on the down low if you intend on doing such things

GTI_GRL
02-28-2007, 08:51 PM
that is backstage, back road entrance

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airguitarvet
03-01-2007, 05:28 AM
during madonna's set. there were some manly dudes standing around and as soon as madonna set was rollling by- they were freaking each other and dancing like a bunch of homo's. everybody was standing there sorta shocked.
surprised they didnt start voguing.

JClemy
03-03-2007, 03:19 PM
You've all gotta have more crazy things! This is my favorite thread

airguitarvet
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
i saw people crazily climb over a girls wheelchair during bjork's set. that was some crazy ass fucked up shit. all the handicapped girl was able to see where people legs and possbily smelly asses.

SubBass49
03-04-2007, 11:28 PM
yeah...Bjok's crowd was by far the most dangerous and most rude of any during the entirety of the Coachella festival...

I'm 6'1" 200lbs and I was lifted off my feet by the pushing throngs of morons.

Mythos
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
How about the guy in full blown black leather gimp suit with the glow sticks hanging off of him? Pretty sure Maynard tied one of the ones he throw on stage to his pants and kept on singing..

crazzz2007
03-05-2007, 01:33 AM
30,000 people pretending that they actually wanted to see Kraftwerk.

perfect description

disgustipated
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
YES!!!

HAHA - look at the first few secs of the video - just before the fade out into the title - in the crowd scan...there he is! Jesus watched Air!

DdB7h4DDdyQ

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

ethan
03-08-2007, 12:14 AM
This Mexican guy parked next to us on Saturday last year. He was wearing Hawaiian shorts and blasting techno. We started talking to him and he told us he was a dj and had driven up from Mexico to go to Coachella and buy an akai sampler. Anyway we got to the gate and went our separate ways. We ended up running into him the next day, he told us that he couldn’t find his car and wanted to meet us at the end of the night so that we could show him where he had parked. I guess he was pretty messed up the night before. He couldn’t find his car and ended up just passing out in the parking lot, some guy woke him up and they drove around the fields in the early morning in a stolen golf cart. I guess he didn’t even have a ticket for the second day. Well, when we met him at the end of Sunday night he was with this cute blonde girl who was tripping on acid, he said he had found her inside of a portapotty. Two of my friends walked him to where his car was parked, I guess the girl was leaving with him and according to my friends she had a pretty frightened look on her face when the realization of the fact that she was getting into a car with some guy from Mexico who she had just met that night set in. I hope she was okay.

Madigon
03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
2004 - Basement Jaxx had people in Monkey Suits climbing the outdoor stage scaffolding.

2005 - Oh-My-God-That-Baby-Got-It
s-Arm-RIPPED-the-fuck-OFF during NIN... got bad picture of the blood RAINING out of it!
- Getting 7 liters of Coke for free off the 20 or so caps from empty bottles of Coke lying on the ground after Day 2 ended.

2006 - Yes, I saw Daft Punk.
- Yes, it was, it really was.
- Talking to the Nine Black Alps for 20 minutes because they showed up late to their signing time and no one was there. Someone actually asked them what they sounded like before getting an autograph. *cool hipster laugh*

Madigon
03-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Talking about the giant fake baby. It wasn't real you zombie freaks.

Mr.Nipples
03-10-2007, 07:05 AM
We had to stop by a Ralphs supermarket on the way to the festival for some ice and watched some guy call his toddler-aged son an asshole at the checkout counter.

betao
03-10-2007, 07:13 AM
- Getting 7 liters of Coke for free off the 20 or so caps from empty bottles of Coke lying on the ground after Day 2 ended.

Haha very nice. I'm going to remember that.

Madigon
03-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Coke is doing the mycokerewards.com thing right now.

Cool if you do it, not exciting if you don't.

However, about 20 or so caps this year will get you a game rental at blockbuster. That's about 7 bucks in your pocket.

So maybe there will be a reason to scrounge the ground after each day lol!

Natelevmofuggaz
03-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Was anyone in the front of the box office line early Sunday last year?? I remember the guy who was first in line was the biggest douche bag I've ever met. Me and my friends still talk about how much we hate him.

Zipkoppie
03-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Was anyone in the front of the box office line early Sunday last year?? I remember the guy who was first in line was the biggest douche bag I've ever met. Me and my friends still talk about how much we hate him.

Why? what did he do?

TheGunslinger138
03-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Watching the guy next to me do interpretive dance to the audio stylings of TOOL last year. He kept grabbing the air like he was pulling invisible notes from the ether and spinning around like a top.

smokealotapotamus
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
they shoulda included more of this type craziness in the film.

they did feature the scuba tank helmet guy though

Correct me if I'm wrong... but isnt "Scuba tank helmet guy" Thom Yorke?

bartelby
03-12-2007, 10:03 AM
i would doubt it...

Madigon
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
The scuba tank you're thinking of is from the video for "No Surprises."

This was a different helmet. Like the crazy ocean collector monster/human from Spongebob Squarepants the Movie. It's on the Coachella DVD, anyway.

eclectric
03-13-2007, 02:18 AM
ok i don't know if this is crazy, but it's funny, well to me it is. I think the first or 2nd year we were driving (in golf cart) down one of the roads surrounding the polo field and there was this scalper guy with a sign that said "i need tickets" and we just grabbed the sign as we drove by. The scalper guy was not too happy. So funny..

That just sounds....mean.

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 04:26 AM
that sounds familiar...

SheriNOIR
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I think it was supposed to be a quote :).
I thought that at first :p.

x

sadsappysucker
03-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I walked in on a guy jacking off into what I think was a cinnamon roll. It was pretty disturbing.

romeoisbleeding
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
In 05, if you walked from the 2nd Stage to the Tent, in between they had this large sculpture with little drum mallets attached to it. People were banging on the thing making their own drum music sounds, etc...so now it's later in the night and our 10th time passing it and my friend just goes over to it, and half joking but half serious yells "Stop It!, Just Stop It!, That's Enough!...etc" and this one guy comes over to us and thanks us..he said he had been banging on it for over an hour and he didn't know why....LOL

bartelby
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I walked in on a guy jacking off into what I think was a cinnamon roll. It was pretty disturbing.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

in a portapotty?

evoluti0n
03-13-2007, 01:31 PM

wow

ToddThaGod
03-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Watching the guy next to me do interpretive dance to the audio stylings of TOOL last year. He kept grabbing the air like he was pulling invisible notes from the ether and spinning around like a top.

haha oh lord.

SubBass49
03-13-2007, 04:17 PM
So no one ate the Cinnamon Rolls did they? (I know I certainly never will now)

John Peel is My Co-pilot
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
So no one ate the Cinnamon Rolls did they? (I know I certainly never will now)

I'm confused. Is that how they make the frosting?

Madigon
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I saw someone get stabbed with an AIDS needle in the Sahara tent, once.

SubBass49
03-14-2007, 04:26 AM
OK...I don't wanna come off as a dick, but:

1. it's AIDZ needle dammit

and

2. this is a thread for REAL things...not lame running jokes. Next thing you know this'll be the beat thread ever...

PassiveTheory
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
It is the best thread ever...

But, seriously, carry on.

smokealotapotamus
03-14-2007, 09:39 AM
The scuba tank you're thinking of is from the video for "No Surprises."

This was a different helmet. Like the crazy ocean collector monster/human from Spongebob Squarepants the Movie. It's on the Coachella DVD, anyway.

I know the scuba tank from the "No Surprises" video, and I've seen the Coachella DVD. I thought it was thom, but I'm sure it would be a well known fact if it were so... I stand corrected.

Boourns
03-14-2007, 01:19 PM
The guy does look like Thom, but not exactly. That fish tank guy was from 2003, and Thom was unavailable that weekend, which is why Radiohead didn't headline that year.

smoke
03-14-2007, 04:20 PM
saturday night last year, everyone was being herded out like cattle. theres a pic somewhere on the board of it, everyone was just sandwiched together. except this one big ass dude. he was all fucked up, and kept making all these loud moans and groans and stumbling forward, with his head down. he probably had 5 feet of space around him in any direction.

i think he was just really drunk, but no one was getting close, cuz this guy was ready to puke.

rageurmom
03-16-2007, 06:58 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! so true though

rageurmom
03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I guess the girl was leaving with him and according to my friends she had a pretty frightened look on her face when the realization of the fact that she was getting into a car with some guy from Mexico who she had just met that night set in. I hope she was okay.

JESUS CHRIST!

trowa888
03-16-2007, 08:08 PM
eeeeps... this is why uhm.. dont do drugs!

Boourns
03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
This topic is going to grow at least 50 pages after this year, I guarantee it.

seachanges
03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
last year I saw some Tool fans smoking crack right after massive attacks set. They were trying to pretend it was weed, but I live in Vancouver and have seen a many of a crack pipe in my day.

SubBass49
03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
lol...crackhead Tool fans...seems almost contradictory...

BigBoy!
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Tommy Lee on a Segue scooter.

jjbaldwi
03-30-2007, 12:53 AM
a group of pixies fans shooting smack

BoneDaddy
03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Can't remember which year or band, maybe 2002 Chemical Brothers. Girl blowing a guy next to me at the main stage for the headliner. No pun intended. It was one of those, is this really happening, kind of moment. Good stuff though.:thu

gaypalmsprings
03-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Can't remember which year or band, maybe 2002 Chemical Brothers. Girl blowing a guy next to me at the main stage for the headliner. No pun intended. It was one of those, is this really happening, kind of moment. Good stuff though.:thu

that's sick

Mr.Nipples
03-30-2007, 11:57 AM
thats great!

Quentin
03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
that's ballsy.

Imagine giving a guy head right against a stage, being squished by other sweaty people wathcing a band. That takes nerves of steal.

semisonic
03-30-2007, 09:14 PM
If you're talking about the girl's nerves of steel, it takes nerves of steel for the guy, too. Remember what happened in The World According to Garp? The car in the driveway?

New_Paradigm
03-30-2007, 11:30 PM
The craziest shit I've seen so far was the swarm of bees that attacked during M.I.A. I ran out of there like George Costanza knocking old women and children over...I mean, I was clearing a path for everyone else!...uggh.

Once in the beer garden this girl was wasted out of her mind and started taking her bikini off (top and bottoms). One would think this was a good thing, but trust me, after the rolls of fat settled, I had to find a trash can to puke in. Security saw her and ended up having to chase her around and all I could think was "for the love of god, please stop running!" Still haunts my dreams to this day...

Some dude was passed out outside the Sahara during Kraftwerk and would only wake up every few minutes to puke on himself. He kept rolling over and it was just smearing it even more all over himself. People kept trying to wake him up but there was so much puke you couldn't even tap him on the shoulder without getting it on you. Just proves that drinking $7 Heineken's in the 100 degree heat all day may not be advisable...

dontfeedthebird
03-31-2007, 07:35 AM

This is awesome.

SubBass49
03-31-2007, 09:54 AM
that's ballsy.

Imagine giving a guy head right against a stage, being squished by other sweaty people wathcing a band. That takes nerves of steal.

Hehe...I think ballsy is the perfect word to describe it...

Also, admirable...charitable...incredible...

Any girl that has the guts to do that is OK in my book. Haha...a "ride or die" chick...lol

gaypalmsprings
03-31-2007, 10:04 AM
http://a174.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01333/37/11/1333691173_m.jpg

Boourns
03-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Hehe...I think ballsy is the perfect word to describe it...

Also, admirable...charitable...incredible...

Any girl that has the guts to do that is OK in my book. Haha...a "ride or die" chick...lol

Yes, my dream girl is one who will give me head during Radiohead. Oh yeah!

CoveredinPunksBlood
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I pulled a genius move and left one of my car windows open saturday last year and someone wrote IDIOT in dirt on the back window, but no one took anything.
That just goes to show you the kind of crowd that goes to the concert. No one stole, but they did make sure that I knew I was dumb. And they were right.

I traded someone in the parking lot a signed Eagles of Death Metal cd for a guitar that I still use today.

One of my friends claimed they smoked with J. Devil from EODM when they saw him walking around.

Hundreds of people in bunny ears watching Gram Rabbit in the middle of a desert afternoon.

JClemy
04-03-2007, 10:30 AM
I would love to see a picture of the rabbit ears!

becomingcloser
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Hundreds of people in bunny ears watching Gram Rabbit in the middle of a desert afternoon.

i was the guy trying to cover up my boner.

damn she fine.

becomingcloser
04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
did anyone else see/does anyone have a picture of:

this really short dude with really long dreads, really long arms, and really big hands that would run/dance all around the sahara tent? anyone know who i'm talking about?

CoveredinPunksBlood
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
I swear I see that guy at every festival I've ever been too! If he's not there, it's not a real festival. I also feel that he enjoys Dave Matthews Band and hackysacking, so what he watches at Coachella is beyond me. That Mr. is awesome.

ethan
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
what about those two girls with the shirts that said "fist" and "fuck"?

becomingcloser
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Aww I was getting so into reading these and now there's no more.

Ha last year I heard some guy whacking it in the portapotty.

Funny shit.

aw man... you heard that? sorry.

The_blakeness
04-03-2007, 02:33 PM
that dude with the dreads was way creepy last year! I couldnt turn away LOL

breakjaw
04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I posted this already on the old board(in the BMOTW thread) but in 2005 we only went to Saturday.We packed up the tent and stuff early Sunday morning and were heading towards the 10,and all of a sudden I saw a flying truck.
It was a huge Ford Excursion and it was 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of us,on the other side of the (two-lane)road,and it was flying upside-down from the left side about 8 or 9 feet high,and it landed with a soft thud on it's driver side in the dirt between the sidewalk and the backyard wall of a house.
The car ahead of us didn't even slow down,and we pulled over a little ahead of the accident.I looked down through the open passenger window and saw a young(kinda hot) girl in her early twenties,crouching on the driver's side door,and she just looked up and said,"Get me out of here!"
I was able to open the passenger door and reached down and pulled her out pretty easily.She was just wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt,and probably weighed just over a hundred pounds.
At this point,a woman from the house peered over the fence and she called 911 (this was before I had a cell phone).The cop arrived about 5 minutes later,and I remember I was kinda nervous because of some items I had in the back of our car,but he just asked what happened and took our names and phone number.I did feel like an idiot because as soon he got there he reached in and turned off the ignition of the truck,something that hadn't ocurred to me in all the commotion.
The most amazing thing was the girl was completely unharmed,no bruises,cuts or even a scratch.She was kinda in shock,and then started worrying because it was her friend's truck she had just borrowed.I don't know if this is good advertising for the truck being safe or not,because while she wasn't hurt,it was,after all,flying when I first saw it.(She said she was going about 40 and swerved to avoid a dip,but then hit the dip when she swerved back and that launched her up in the air.)
The best thing was me and my girlfriend were fighting and she wasn't talking to and we were just starting our trip back to Phoenix,and after this happened everything was o.k.

dontfeedthebird
04-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Awwwww. The breakjaws fell back in love.

Omar1
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
someone turn that into a movie please

misculare
04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your stories!

I was one of the crazy kids flailing at the swarm of bees at MIA. However, there were swarms of bees at the Pixies [I was SE of the stage] in '04 that did not seem to incite as much terror. I guess I'd rather take a hit for Kim Deal.

I also saw the guy that was picked up in the port-a-potty when the trucks were emptying them. I just wanted to die for him. The amazing thing is that he opened the door, stepped out, put his hat on, and began to walk into the field like nothing had happened (whilst the witnesses' jaws were dropped in sheer horror or empathy). I commend that guy.

Jack Black was in the parking lot after the show in '03. He was dancing around a line of PT Cruisers, all arms and headbanging when my friend exclaimed, "Hey, Jack Black!" He danced a jig up to her, snapped a photo, and continued on his merry way without saying a single word.

Cameron Diaz threw a complete fit when my two stoner pals took a photo of her ass.

I was walking out of the Sahara tent when I saw this insanely smiley, sweaty guy running full-speed toward me. I began to turn around nervously to see where he may have been aiming his sights. Before I could face him again, he had picked me up, twirled me around, mumbled something about sweethearts, put me down and ran away as quickly as he had come. It was Timo Maas. It made my day.

I saw Danny DeVito in the crowd in '03. I can say no more than that.

A really lovely guy asked me to dance in the beer garden while Massive Attack was on. I know it sounds dumb, but it was so sweet. It was one of those perfect-moment moments.

Last year on Jackson Street, a cop directing traffic got hit by a lady in a Cadillac (obviously messed up or disoriented) who had stopped in the middle of the intersection. Obviously full of adrenaline with no back-up around, the officer began hitting the hood of her car with his flashlight and screaming at her as she put her foot on the gas and peeled away into the night. He instantly turned around and began directing traffic again as if nothing had happened.

More later.

JClemy
04-04-2007, 01:05 PM
These stories are amazing. I hope I see Jack Black so he can do a little jig up to me and maybe do a little of his scat music.

Foppie
04-05-2007, 10:33 AM
My most horrifying moment came during the 35 minute mark of the Daft Punk set. My girlfriend and I endured the Audio Bullies and had a prime spot right behind the front pit area. The feeling in the air was electric and I was more than a few joints into my experience. The music was getting me worked up and I guess I lost track of which woman in front of me was my actual girlfriend. Apparently the girl I grabbed at did not have her boyfriend behind her because she whipped her head around lightning fast with a look of terror! I became petrified immediately when I realized what I had done. I apologized profusely and then clung to my real GF like a baby monkey in that experiment with the scary metal monster. You can hear my stomach sinking on the bootleg I m pretty sure. I wanted to die. The girl seemed to have understood my accident and didn't give a hard time. I think it is a testament to Daft Punk's set that I didn't run away and that the girl continued to enjoy the show.

PassiveTheory
04-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Cameron Diaz threw a complete fit when my two stoner pals took a photo of her ass.

I don't see why, it's not like there's much there! *burn*

bmb555
04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
did anyone else see/does anyone have a picture of:

this really short dude with really long dreads, really long arms, and really big hands that would run/dance all around the sahara tent? anyone know who i'm talking about?

i dont know if its the same dread guy, its hard to describe the dance he was doing...but it was like he would crouch down and wave his arms around and look all around himself in a crazy kind of way. he looked like he just came out of the jungle or something and this was his first time in any sort of civilization. I wondered if he even spoke a language. he was definately freaking everyone out

becomingcloser
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
i dont know if its the same dread guy, its hard to describe the dance he was doing...but it was like he would crouch down and wave his arms around and look all around himself in a crazy kind of way. he looked like he just came out of the jungle or something and this was his first time in any sort of civilization. I wondered if he even spoke a language. he was definately freaking everyone out

that's him. nobody was paying any attention to the music. all eyes were on him.

jimmycrackcorn
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
i saw some guy with a CHAIR!!! he was @ the mainstage & @ the outdoorstage to the east... i asked him how he got it and he told me somebody else was in it and then got up and left it... it was like the fold-up ones from the hospital tents...

york707
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
whats this kid look like?

I am just getting back to this thread. Was this the guy, Brandon?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/141445617_96d7b58b4d.jpg

LucasMcL
04-06-2007, 09:45 PM
that's him. nobody was paying any attention to the music. all eyes were on him.

I really hope this is the guy you're talking about:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qy7e5

(download the video)

He was very entertaining.

Mr.Nipples
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
i ain't downloading shit...

SubBass49
04-06-2007, 10:21 PM
and I thought I was the only one...

Boourns
04-07-2007, 04:39 AM
I really hope this is the guy you're talking about:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2qy7e5

(download the video)

He was very entertaining.

Ahahaha, nice. Guess he got lost on the way to Bonnaroo.