PDA

View Full Version : organisers gross stupidity

munkeyboy
01-23-2007, 03:44 PM
you have to admire the genius who thought up the idea of banning taking sealed containers of water into a festival in the middle of the desert and thought that was sensible in 90 plus degree heat. wonder if anyone sued last year after getting heatstroke ?

chairmenmeow47
01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
they probably got counter-sued for being an idiot and not preparing ahead of time.

they have fountains, so if someone was going to get heatstroke, they could always spend $2 on ONE bottle of water and fill it up at the fountains.

and where do you think people get money to throw festivals like this, the money tree?

bballarl
01-23-2007, 04:08 PM
If you were dying of thirst in a ditch, I would not give you water.

Cyndella
01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Maybe pass water???

rampaige
01-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I bet you're one of those people who sue fast food chains for not warning you that the coffee is hot.

tiffdud41
01-24-2007, 12:22 PM
we todd did, you guys

Philthy
01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I hope you die with no water and severe heatstroke. Stroker. x

full on idle
01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
It was really awful when all those people died from thirst at Coachella.

tiffdud41
01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
a travesty...just awful

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2007, 08:21 AM
I bet you're one of those people who sue fast food chains for not warning you that the coffee is hot.

actually, in the mcdonalds suit, they were serving their coffee almost 50 degrees more than any other restaurant at around 180-190 degrees. they deserved to get sued. who can drink that!?!?

Philthy
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
So...basically you ARE one of those people.

How boring.

chairmenmeow47
01-26-2007, 08:40 AM
lol, whatever dude, i see you missed my first post in this thread. i was just pointing out a fact i learned in my legal class. everyone makes fun of that case, but no one actually knows the facts behind the case.

how boring :rolleyes

bmack86
01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
As long as they offer the free water, then they can't get sued. The fountain can save their asses any day.

YouMakeMeLoseMyButtons
01-26-2007, 01:53 PM
hope you all know that the people that harvest all the crops in the coachella/imperial valley also swim in that water you're drinking from that faucet.

crazzz2007
01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
As long as they offer the free water, then they can't get sued. The fountain can save their asses any day.

ya, because someone suffering a heat stroke can simply walk half way accross the polo fields to find a fountain. brilliant.

wstsidela
01-27-2007, 09:53 PM
yup, dead people everywhere. it was horrible. wear a hat and a toetag:lool

C DUB YA
01-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Like a scene from OUTBREAK, wait, no one saw that movie.

bmack86
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, if you're stupid enough to not know that you have to drink water in the desert, then i think not being able to bring bottled water in is the least of your problems.

vinylmartyr
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I been to events where people have died don't joke.

krunchy
01-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah i don't really understand why the faithful festival-goers are standing up for the bastards who don't let you just bring some fucking water into the place!
It's ridiculous if you cant bring a sealed case of water bottles to a festival, they better have plenty of fountains as I like to keep hydrated, but I'm also spending a shit-ton of money to get there and be there.

Thank fuck the Aussie dollar is at 80c....

boyalien0
01-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Jesus Christ you whiny bastards, a friend of mine snuck a gallon of water in last year. You all act as if you've never heard of anyone sneaking something into a concert before, let alone done it yourself. Use your imagination. God cries when you don't. Otherwise, STFU and bring money for water.

Boourns
01-28-2007, 09:26 AM
If you're spending almost a hundred per day for admission, what's another $20-30 on nice, cold water? Other people spend less, but I drink at least 5 bottles on a normal day.

woogie846
01-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Seriously, I don't get the big deal about paying $2 for water. Just pay for it and stop whining. They're not hard to find and I've never seen a line.

SubBass49
01-29-2007, 08:54 AM
You can spend $250 for tix, but a $2 bottle of water is a travesty? Get a life. Like the cat said before...buy one bottle & refill it in the drinking fountain....OR...just drink a lot before you go in and then spend most of the daylight hours in the tents.

-- J

Meadowsmeister
01-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Like a scene from OUTBREAK, wait, no one saw that movie.

i thought i was the only person to see that movie...

chairmenmeow47
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah i don't really understand why the faithful festival-goers are standing up for the bastards who don't let you just bring some fucking water into the place!
It's ridiculous if you cant bring a sealed case of water bottles to a festival, they better have plenty of fountains as I like to keep hydrated, but I'm also spending a shit-ton of money to get there and be there.

Thank fuck the Aussie dollar is at 80c....

ok, so if you think about it, you had to buy the bottle at some point. that probably cost close to $2 anyways. so why not just pay for ONE bottle of water at the festival and fill it up? i don't get it, it's $2. and people aren't throwing this festival for charity, but christ, i've been to raves with more expensive water and NO faucets to refill. you'll be fine.

luveebunni08
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
i saw that movie too. it really doesn't apply here. unless a crazy monkey is running around.

i've never understood the crying about having to pay for water. i spend ALOT more on merch than water, and i don't really get anything. it's the people who wast their money at the beer garden i don't get. you're in the middle of the desert in the spring. alcohol BAD.

chairmenmeow47
01-29-2007, 02:58 PM
http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/internet-pics/outbreak.jpg

KenMixtape
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
If you're too cheap to pay a lousy $2 for water, you shouldn't be going out, ever.

devilray223
01-29-2007, 06:49 PM
The original coachella fest gave water for free...very nice of them.

They did however not make any profit at the festival and only 20,000 showed up.

theaenimatool
01-29-2007, 11:49 PM
http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/internet-pics/outbreak.jpg

definitely thirsty, definitely definitely thirsty. uh-oh.. 10 minutes to coachella.

Bliargh
01-30-2007, 10:23 AM
i think it's silly not to allow sealed water into the polo fields... fortunately, we're adept stealth assasins and have managed to sneak in gigantic frozen water bottles for the past 3 years, and have not had to pay a dime for water... or wait in a 50-person-deep-line for a water fountain that's basically a water hose hooked up to a pipe with 6+ holes poked in it... pressure, with this many outlets. basically means you're making out with the pipe ;)

it's funny, though, that i've seen festival goers at the actual festival spout complaints about the water, it's sort of a common topic of small talk 'oh it's hot as hell...yeah, how about that water policy? sheesh.' Whenever the point was brought up I don't ever remember a single person objecting any more than 'well, it's alright, i don't mind paying for the water and such'...but here, everyone immediately chimes in with their overly honest opinion... and then their opinion on how utterly stupid others in the thread are... It's a funny dichotomy between how people interact face to face, and how much freer they feel under the guise of forum anonymity :).

I love teh intarnets