PDA

View Full Version : Single?

J~$$$
04-11-2007, 02:35 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/singles_2.jpg

Discuss.

bmack86
04-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I feel sorry for that single guy in Wyoming. He's wandering around by himself, all lonely.

J~$$$
04-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I cannot believe the ratio in LA is it true?

mob roulette
04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
3 on 1 in kansas and idaho. and the dakotas apparently encourage gay marriage.

Daft Fro
04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Either I need to move to the east coast right away, or I need to realize that the reason most girls on the west coast aren't single is because they are much more attractive by course of ratio.

mob roulette
04-11-2007, 02:40 PM
it's because women on the east coast are more educated and therfore more homely. the west coast encourages suntans and hard little bodies. only the best of the best need apply. it's simple climate economics really.

bmack86
04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
All of Anchorage's population is male and single?

mob roulette
04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
and let's go get laid in the south TONIGHT boys. there's obviously more where anna nicole came from. jesus.

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I can just picture all the lonely New England women now... Sitting at home with clam chowder and potpourri. They're probably cross-stitching.

samiksha
04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Anchorage ain't no small town.

SojuGorae
04-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm in the wrong fucking coast

el pescado
04-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Arizona is full of dudes....Here you dont lose your girlfriend,you just lose your turn.

jackstraw94086
If you're counting NY-NJ-CT metro area as once location then 195k extra single women is nothing.

40k extra single men in the LA area is also almost insignificant.

And the figure in SF is obviously misleading.

ewiggy
me too. let's trade.

edit: err that was for SojuGorae

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
The ratio for Portland would be much more even if those men would learn to shower every once in a while.

ewiggy
04-11-2007, 02:55 PM
haha word

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
The mormons seem to be keeping salt lakes ratio fairly even. However, I agree with jack, the numbers aren't that significant.

Courtney
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Miami surprises me.

And I like Portland men. The outdoorsy geeky hipster thing is hot.

Ill_Eagle
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
CA is a cockfest....grrrrrrrreaaaaat

Yablonowitz
04-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Kroqken: Get thee to Baltimore.

el pescado
04-11-2007, 02:59 PM
That sux,Tucson has more single women than Phoenix.

gaypalmsprings
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM

All those single men in SoCal

jackstraw94086
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM

that's not what the graphic says. It only says that Phoenix has at last 20,000 more single men than women. They still probably have more single women than Tucson if the city is significantly larger.

It's a piss poor statistic actually.

mountmccabe
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM

No it doesn't. Or, at least, that map says nothing about that.

D'oh. Crosspost with Jack.

jackstraw94086
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM

It's not a ratio. It's simply a count of how many more single men there are than women. In a city of millions it's a very small ratio.

Plus I'll bet LA has a ton of technically non-single women that aren't necessarily attached.

R3d Snapper
04-11-2007, 03:05 PM
looks like im moving east

Yablonowitz
04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
It's not a ratio. It's simply a count of how many more single men there are than women. In a city of millions it's a very small ratio.

Plus I'll bet LA has a ton of technically non-single women that aren't necessarily attached.

Jack, I don't need your facts to know you're full of shit. You know why? Because I listen to my gut. Did you know that your gut has more nerve endings in it than your head? Now, I know what you're going to say..."I looked that up and you're wrong." That's because you looked it up in a book. Next time try looking it up in your gut.

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 04:27 PM
There is a ton of single women in El Paso, but don't let that fool you. There is correlation between the 10,000 single women and the fact that in 2005 El Paso was the 11th most obese city in the U.S.

jackstraw94086
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Jack, I don't need your facts to know you're full of shit. You know why? Because I listen to my gut. Did you know that your gut has more nerve endings in it than your brain? Now, I know what you're going to say..."I looked that up and you're wrong." That's because you looked it up in a book. Next time try looking it up in your gut.

actually you have zero nerve endings in your brain. Your gut should have known that, mr. truthiness.

Yablonowitz
04-11-2007, 04:31 PM
There is a ton of single women in El Paso, but don't let that fool you. There is correlation between the 10,000 single women and the fact that in 2005 El Paso was the 11th most obese city in the U.S.

In other words, the odds are good but the goods are odd.

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
In other words, the odds are good but the goods are odd.

Well said.

MarkO
04-11-2007, 07:44 PM
The ratio for Portland would be much more even if those men would learn to shower every once in a while.

Troof. It never ceases to amaze me the stank off some folks downtown (not the homeless either)

Still, showering 7 - 10 times a week never gets me any so maybe I'm the one who is missing the point.

kroqken
04-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Being single in LA sucks, my last "girlfriend" was almost eleven years ago. I am still trying to get over that FIDM girl the last few months who broke my heart. Even the women on Myspace seem mostly fake, so many are just advertisements or spammers, who is the real deal anymore?

chiapet
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Looking at this map, you'd think california would be a great place for single straight chicks.. heh.

Oh, and whoever said california is all about tans and hard bodies hasn't been to lovely SF. :)

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-11-2007, 08:25 PM
This would be more interesting if it included same sex couples. I bet LA would be alot smaller...

miscorrections
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh, and whoever said california is all about tans and hard bodies hasn't been to lovely SF. :)

hell, sf doesn't have the monopoly. i'm pale and squishy and live in san diego.

edit: i want everyone to know that i'm squishy in a good way.

kroqken
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Most females that are even slightly desireable in southern California are either taken or are too picky for their own good.

miscorrections
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM
not true! perhaps you just don't know how to spot the good ones among us.

goose
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I wonder if this includes the gay/lesbian community

gmoneyak
04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I just got back from NY..and god DAMN that map doesn't lie!! I could walk the streets of Manhattan for weeks just watching the women roll by..:)

All of Anchorage's population is male and single?

Might as well be.. I grew up there, the ratio to begin with is 8-1.. There's a lot of single dudes living alone in the wilderness..

kroqken
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I think the good ones are taken, trust me, I am not shy about going up to attractive women. I am working on my confidence level, it can be hit and miss.

jerpar24
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I just got back from NY..and god DAMN that map doesn't lie!! I could walk the streets of Manhattan for weeks just watching the women roll by..:)

Fuck Ya man I spent a week there and its insane how many women are there.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Being single really sucks. Yeah, you can do whatever you want, but it cannot replace the feeling of love and being in love with the right person. I had my heart broken this year, and it is the worst feeling. It sucks so hard, I really put my heart into it. She was an amazing artist and was cute too, had awesome taste in music. Ending whatever we had was her choice, not mine. However, I am trying to move on and to make her realize that in the long term, losing me is her loss.

wmgaretjax
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Being single really sucks. Yeah, you can do whatever you want, but it cannot replace the feeling of love and being in love with the right person. I had my heart broken this year, and it is the worst feeling. It sucks so hard, I really put my heart into it. She was an amazing artist and was cute too, had awesome taste in music. Ending whatever we had was her choice, not mine. However, I am trying to move on and to make her realize that in the long term, losing me is her loss.

did she take your tapes?

kroqken
11-20-2008, 08:22 PM
No, that was someone else. This girl took my heart. I do wish her well, I think she is doing well according to her MySpace, but she will not communicate with me. SHe is attending the Fashion Institute of Technology, which is in New York City (Chelsea region).

TommyboyUNM
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
No, that was someone else. This girl took my heart. I do wish her well, I think she is doing well according to her MySpace, but she will not communicate with me. SHe is attending the Fashion Institute of Technology, which is in New York City (Chelsea region).

Man the fuck up, you'll meet someone else. Wish your old chick well, get some confidence, and get back out there.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 09:08 PM
That is what I am doing. Of course, this was the girl I would have married. Oh well, I will find someone else, I never say surrender.

TommyboyUNM
11-20-2008, 09:36 PM
That is what I am doing. Of course, this was the girl I would have married. Oh well, I will find someone else, I never say surrender.

Atta boy! Now go get drunk and make some bad decisions!

kroqken
11-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Actually I do not drink, I just buy the ladies drinks.

TommyboyUNM
11-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Actually I do not drink, I just buy the ladies drinks.

Don't buy the ladies drinks. Seriously.

kroqken
11-20-2008, 09:49 PM
So I should be cheap like Tom Leykis?

TommyboyUNM
11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
So I should be cheap like Tom Leykis?

Tom Leykis is a smart guy about some things. That happens to be one of them. He's an asshole about other stuff. Don't buy women drinks right away though. If you're on a date that is one thing, but not when you don't even know them at the bar. Your conversation should be your in.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 05:51 AM
I always try to conversate with the ladies. It is just that Leykis seems so offputting in his advice. It seems to stem from almost a hatred toward women. Maybe it is just an act. He seems too intelligent a guy to have to resort to mysogany.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 05:55 AM
I always try to conversate with the ladies. It is just that Leykis seems so offputting in his advice. It seems to stem from almost a hatred toward women. Maybe it is just an act. He seems too intelligent a guy to have to resort to mysogany.

I think Leykis is exaggerating the overall points of not totally kissing a woman's ass to get her attention, never losing who you are, and having confidence. Traits that women ultimately find sexy. The way he delivers the message is an act, but there's a lot of truth to what he's actually saying.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 05:57 AM
I know Leykis means well for his (mostly) male audience. However, he has had four failed marriages. He should have learned after the first or second marriage failed on his ass.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 06:06 AM
I know Leykis means well for his (mostly) male audience. However, he has had four failed marriages. He should have learned after the first or second marriage failed on his ass.

Haha very true, he has been divorced a few times. I think his advice may speak more to getting a woman's attention and getting laid. Relationships are entirely different beasts. And his marriages may have "failed" because he wasn't willing to compromise who he was. In which case I wouldn't necessarily call them failures.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:09 AM
He should have known what the woman was like going into the marriage. It would have saved him a lot of misery and a lot of his earlier net worth. It is often easier to just live together than to get married.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 06:14 AM
He should have known what the woman was like going into the marriage. It would have saved him a lot of misery and a lot of his earlier net worth. It is often easier to just live together than to get married.

I agree with you for the most part. It's just so hard to think straight when you're in a relationship. I know I've had 2 serious relationships that I was kinda emo with after they ended. Now I realize I dodged a couple of serious bullets. I was just caught up in everything.....the heat of the moment I guess. And sometimes women just straight up lie and misrepresent themselves. Hell, I'm sure men do it to.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:17 AM
I last dated a girl I got emo with, but she had a terrible temper and I had to walk on eggshells around her. Losing her hurts, but I think I learned a lot just from the time that I did spend with her.

TomAz
11-21-2008, 06:17 AM

misogynistic rage is the american way ken.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Ouch, that is a red state way to approach someone deserving blue state treatment!

TomAz
11-21-2008, 06:22 AM
are you this suave in person?

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:29 AM
I actually act more down to earth when I meet someone new. I am not as urbane as David Niven or James Mason. However, I think my higher education and taking lots of psychology and sociology classes does come in handy in the real world.

Archie Bunker
11-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Don't feel bad for Ken.

He now spends 7 days a week with Stephanie, the girl who stole his tapes all those years ago. She still takes all of his money and feeds her fat face with it.

In fact, Ken still owes me $660 from the $1250 I loaned him (to pay his rent) back in July, and thousands of dollars have ended up in that pig's gullet instead of my pocket.

Ken also fails to mention that the girl who "broke his heart" (Colleen) was blatantly using him, made no secret of that fact, and he didn't care because she spread her legs for him every so often.

Ken actually slept on the bus for weeks at a time because he was "afraid" to sleep in his own apartment while she was there, even though she paid zero rent.

She also stiffed Ken for a $300 in phone bills, and is sending him nothing despite having a decent job at the moment and lots of financial aid $.

It's such a shame she moved away.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Colleen is still a good person. I hope she visits during Thanksgiving, but I do not expect to talk to her anyime in the near future.

invisiblerobots
11-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey, Archie Bunker is back!

kroqken
11-21-2008, 06:49 AM
I thought Archie died a few years ago.

Archie Bunker
11-21-2008, 06:57 AM
I come back whenever Master Kroq Ken comes back.

Ken, don't ignore my very valid points.

Explain why you literally slept on the bus for weeks at a time this summer, and explain why you fed that fatso's face for months instead of paying back nice guys like me who lent you money in a time of need.

BROKENDOLL
11-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Colleen is still a good person. I hope she visits during Thanksgiving, but I do not expect to talk to her anyime in the near future. Uh, kroqken... are you aware that Thanksgiving is next week?

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 07:26 AM
This thread got a little weird, fast.

Archie Bunker
11-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Obviously Ken is avoiding the question.

Anyway, Colleen the psycho still calls me up to this day, raving about my posts here about her back in May '07.

I thank Ken for bringing that angel into my life.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 08:55 AM
She is an angel, I wish I could talk to her. I think my former friend Erik still has some of her paintings and he better return them to her if she visits for Thanksgiving. It is not cool to hold onto her stuff. I will pay Archie what I owe him when I am done being a human guinea pig. In fact, that is why I am here.

SoulDischarge
11-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Our message board is not a Hollywood trailer park, so please do not treat it as such. Thanks, MGMT.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 08:59 AM
MGMT (the band) or "management"? I don't like the Colleen posts because I do not want her to find out she is even being mentioned on here. I never mention her by her name. The only Colleen that should be brought up on here is the song "Colleen" by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Can someone put a Youtube video of the "Colleen" song on here?

Archie Bunker
11-21-2008, 09:02 AM
MGMT (the band) or "management"? I don't like the Colleen posts because I do not want her to find out she is even being mentioned on here. I never mention her by her name. The only Colleen that should be brought up on here is the song "Colleen" by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Can someone put a Youtube video of the "Colleen" song on here?

You want Youtube, Ken?

You got Youtube!

qVmeykHbfKs

Archie Bunker
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Now Ken, explain why you slept on the bus for weeks when you had a warm apartment to go home to.

wmgaretjax
11-21-2008, 09:19 AM
some of you are far too new to understand how fucking ridiculous some of this is...

kroqken
11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
This is beyond rediculous, it is sublime. If Colleen's art were on here, most of you would be impressed.

CalmerThanYou
11-21-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.alabastercityfestonline.com/Sites/Alabaster/Images/CityFest/Web%20I%27m%20Lovin%20ItMcDs_Print.jpg

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 10:42 AM
some of you are far too new to understand how fucking ridiculous some of this is...

Yeah I've had it in my mind the entire time that there was something I didn't get :)

kroqken
11-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Too many insider references may make more casual board readers feel excluded. We dont want to turn the Coachella message board into a cliquish caste system.

wmgaretjax
11-21-2008, 11:02 AM
a caste system... that's exactly what's going on.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 11:07 AM
As long as I am not in the untouchables, who are ranked so low that they are not even considered a caste at all.

TommyboyUNM
11-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm still waiting for the Coachella Message Board civil war.

wmgaretjax
11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm still waiting for the Coachella Message Board civil war.

there kind of was one a little while back... but the secessionists kind of lost because no one really noticed....

Wheres the beef?
11-21-2008, 11:21 AM
there kind of was one a little while back... but the secessionists kind of lost because no one really noticed....

Instead resorting to casual complaining.

kroqken
11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Casual complaining > board civil war

OCGIRL714
11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Ken actually still wants to see Colleen and still says nice things about her after she called the police and said he raped her. 7 cops came to his apartment and he was in handcuffs. A bunch of his neighbors saw him and he should have been humiliated but he wasn't. He almost spent the weekend in jail. She also used to kick him out of his apartment late at night not caring that he had no where to go. He used to sleep in the bathroom at the Sherman Oaks Galleria or sleep on the bus. She also used to scream at him, hit him and treat him horrible. But he still wants to see her. He almost lost his apartment numerous times because of her. He still thinks she's a great girl after all of this. Ken has no pride . All the people in his life who use and abuse him he always goes back for more.