PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza lineup

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Posted over at the lollapalooza board: (not that exciting, if it is true)

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol

The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings Of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV On The Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady

Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, STS9, MIA, Slightly Stoopid, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, CSS, The Rapture, The Wailers, Roky Erickson, Tapes N Tapes, Heartless Bastards, The View, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids

Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins, Sam Roberts, Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette & The Licks, Dios, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite Carey Ott, Matt Roan

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol

The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings Of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV On The Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady

Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, STS9, MIA, Slightly Stoopid, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, CSS, The Rapture, The Wailers, Roky Erickson, Tapes N Tapes, Heartless Bastards, The View, The Cribs, The Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids

Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins, Sam Roberts, Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette & The Licks, Dios, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite Carey Ott, Matt Roan

I have bolded who I would want to go see that coachella doesnt have. I left Daft Punk out because I am seeing them in seatle. I am fairly confident PJ will be doing a US tour shortly after lolla.

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Daft Punk, Modest Mouse, Snow Patrol, TV on the Radio, Yo La Tengo and The Polyphonic Spree make it appeal to me... I wouldn't be able to go though. I wish that V-Fest would get some of these.

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 12:34 PM
not that exciting, if it is true

They have Patti Smith. And Spoon. Among other amazing acts.

el pescado
04-11-2007, 12:36 PM
No Smashing Pumpkins?

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
There are plenty of great bands, but I've seen so many of these bands before at Coachella. Pearl Jam and Patti Smith are a good get for Lolla...and trust me Coachella missed out on Yo La Tengo. What happened to all the SP rumors?

I'm not too excited about this lineup because most of these bands will hit up Coach first, plus Daft Punk will be on tour this summer as well.

Boourns
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Please don't tell me Ben Harper is a headliner? If so, that's just shameful.

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Muse, Modest Mouse, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Roots, Patti Smith, TV On The Radio, LCD Soundsystem, MIA, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, !!!, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, CSS

It's not a bad lineup, actually. But since it's three days things might be too spread out. And I didn't know Silverchair still existed.

But no Arcade Fire? Decemberists? Jarvis Cocker? Smashing Pumpkins? Boooo.

miscorrections
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
spoon, yo la tengo, clap your hands say yeah, viva voce, black angels = bands i wish coach had booked.

paulb
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM
meh line up. daft punk is the best.

Boourns
Cover Your Ears Say Owww already polluted Coachella last year.

psychic friend
puss filled zits > pearljam

SojuGorae
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM

http://osvaldo_mazzullo.weblogger.terra.com.br/img/finger.jpg

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Patti Smith and Spoon is very nice but no Arcade Fire and no Decemberists = no go

psychic friend
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
hahahahaa zitty puss puss

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM

Awww come on PF, they can't be that bad to you?

psychic friend
04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
i never liked any of the constipated sounding singer bands from that time period. They are perfect for lollapalooza.

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
I'd rather have a zit on my face than an eddie vedder on my face. Just sayin.

breakjaw
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Puss Filled Zits were good on the 3rd Warped Tour,but after that lacked the same energy they had on that tour.

SojuGorae
04-11-2007, 12:48 PM
My blood pressure is rising

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh god Blue October and Silverchair, that's worse than Nickel Creek and Jack's Mannequin

Boourns
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Just watch out. Pearl Jam and/or Ben Harper will be at Coachella next year.

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 12:51 PM
ben harper has been at coach a few times...and yes if Goldenvoice will go for RHCP they will probably go for Pearl Jam.

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 12:55 PM
They only have 2 headliners (Pearl Jam and Daft Punk) for a 3 day event, I hope the next headliner they announce is god awful.

Tylerdurden31
04-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Snow Patrol

The Roots, Patti Smith, Kings Of Leon, The Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, TV On The Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love, LCD Soundsystem, Silverchair, Yo La Tengo, Hold Steady

STS9, MIA, Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Polyphonic Spree, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, CSS, The Rapture, Tapes N Tapes, Tokyo Police Club

i'm pretty much sold on this

summerkid
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM

Daft Punk, Muse, Iggy & The Stooges, Modest Mouse, , My Morning Jacket, , Yeah Yeah Yeahs,

Spoon, TV On The Radio, Hold Steady

, Polyphonic Spree, , Cold War Kids

the ones in old are the ones i really want to see and the ones not bolded are the bands that i would check out that arent at coachella.

orbit
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
No Smashing Pumpkins?

Hopefully not. If that list is true, i hope they add another headliner

Not bad lineup for 60 bucks anyway

summerkid
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
They only have 2 headliners (Pearl Jam and Daft Punk) for a 3 day event, I hope the next headliner they announce is god awful.

ben harper is the third headliner.

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM

I would take a puss filled zit over THAT

Tylerdurden31
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM

Ben Harper is no headliner...though...Death Cab wasn't really headliner material either and they headlined last year

summerkid
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I would take a puss filled zit over THAT

lol I know that's a pretty pathetic headliner for lolla they should just let Muse headline.

ThomThom
04-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I took a gander at that lolla message board and saw posts like "I can't believe Daft Punk is a headliner" and "Muse can't even sell out the Aragon Ballroom why are they considered a headliner?" and I immediately realized why I am a member of this lovely community called COACHELLA, what a bunch of tards

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
I took a gander at that lolla message board and saw posts like "I can't believe Daft Punk is a headliner" and "Muse can't even sell out the Aragon Ballroom why are they considered a headliner?" and I immediately realized why I am a member of this lovely community called COACHELLA, what a bunch of tards

It is very entertaining reading their board, but Coach has the same detractors as well.

rage patton
04-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Any chance the Polyphonic Spree will be added to Coachella? I was really hoping they would be on the original line up, or an addition. But nothing points to this yet...
Over all... Coachella = much better than Lolapalooza
or in other words... Coachella > Lolapalooza
Lola would be MUCH better if they get Radiohead or NIN to headline one of the days. But still even then... it wouldnt be better than Coachella. They just dont have the Rage factor. And for that matter... no Gogol Bordello either!

summerkid
04-11-2007, 01:13 PM
pretty much lolla failed this year. They didn't manage to get a third headliner they didn't manage to get rage to reunite (which seems like an act more suited for lolla than coachella). They didn't get Arcade Fire. The only thing they really have going for them that Coachella doesn't is Daft Punk and Muse.

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 01:17 PM
This is ridiculous. Both lineups are allowed to be good. Great, actually. If they were reversed, you people would all be talking about how they didn't manage to get Daft or the Stooges.

Coachella is good. Lolla is good. It's time you accepted it.

starrdogg
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Basically, you take out all the bands that are playing both festivals and you have this:

Lolla has:
Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, The Stooges, Modest Mouse, My Morning Jacket, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Patti Smith, Spoon, TV on the Radio, Yo La Tengo, MIA, Polyphonic Spree, The Hold Steady, Muse and then a bunch of crap

Coachella has:
Bjork, Rage Against the Machine, Jesus and Mary Chain, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jarvis Cocker, Air, Happy Mondays, Manu Chao, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, DJ Shadow, Faithless, Gogol Bordello, Of Montreal, Explosions in the Sky, The Gotan Project, Lily Allen and a bunch of really cool bands on the undercard

Unless Lollapalooza adds a band the caliber of Smashing Pumpkins or Radiohead and several good smaller acts, this isn't even close. Coachella dominates!

psychic friend
04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
also we just had daft punk. sloppy seconds for them. . wooo cant wait for the forum and wamu theater shows.. yay :)

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 01:19 PM
This is ridiculous. Both lineups are allowed to be good. Great, actually. If they were reversed, you people would all be talking about how they didn't manage to get Daft or the Stooges.

But the fact is Coachella already had Iggy and the Stooges in 2003 and Daft Punk in 2006.

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Yes, but now it's 2007.

amyzzz
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
puss filled zits > pearljamI wholeheartedly agree.

The only bands I'm digging are Daft Punk and Snow patrol.

sddoctor
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, but now it's 2007.

Yes, which means Lolla is still behind

Hannahrain
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Regardless, I stand by what I said. Both lineups are great. Lolla having a good lineup does not diminish Coachella having a good one, and vice versa.

summerkid
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM

as much as i love iggy, hannah that new album is terrible I really don't want to see them in their current state it would make me very very sad.

bballarl
04-11-2007, 01:33 PM
They still will rock even if the last record sucked. I bet even those songs rock live. Nothing in their current state will prevent them from kicking ass. They still play the back catalog.

orbit
04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Even if Lolla would add Radiohead and Beck to that lineup, people still would be talking how worse Lolla is than Coachella..

I hope that lineup is missing one headliner tho

suprefan
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Muse!!! wtf?! They better be doing another tour if they plan on doing Lolla. Also this line up is average and even with DP its just unimpressive.

shotglass75
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Basically, you take out all the bands that are playing both festivals and you have this:

Lolla has:
Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, The Stooges, Modest Mouse, My Morning Jacket, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Patti Smith, Spoon, TV on the Radio, Yo La Tengo, MIA, Polyphonic Spree, The Hold Steady, Muse and then a bunch of crap

Coachella has:
Bjork, Rage Against the Machine, Jesus and Mary Chain, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jarvis Cocker, Air, Happy Mondays, Manu Chao, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, DJ Shadow, Faithless, Gogol Bordello, Of Montreal, Explosions in the Sky, The Gotan Project, Lily Allen and a bunch of really cool bands on the undercard

Unless Lollapalooza adds a band the caliber of Smashing Pumpkins or Radiohead and several good smaller acts, this isn't even close. Coachella dominates!

Why is everything a competition on these boards? Can't people just enjoy the fact that there are a bunch of pretty good music fest's to choose from that all have great acts play. Coachella is great. Roo is great. Lolla is great. ACL kinda blows but who care's about texas anyways.

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I guess it is because V-Fest battled them out for the Pumpkins and Police. I hope that Modest Mouse can make it to both though... Damn their new CD is great.

I too, wish that we got The Polyphonic Spree.

newalias
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
I just passed some mud...I was expecting a better lineup. Id love to see Daft Punk again...oh wait, I already am in July. :D

shotglass75
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/blango88/100_0452.jpg

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
also we just had daft punk. sloppy seconds for them. . wooo cant wait for the forum and wamu theater shows.. yay :)

you will burn for your PJ comment, however I will extinguish your flames at the Daft Punk show in seattle...cant wait.

Regardless, I stand by what I said. Both lineups are great. Lolla having a good lineup does not diminish Coachella having a good one, and vice versa.

Hannah, I agree with you 100%

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I've only listened to Ben Harper and Pearl Jam a handful of times... Oh well...

Tylerdurden31
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM

SAME you me BOAT

I went to lolla and coachella last year and enjoyed both thoroughly...and I will most likely do the same this year.

rage patton
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Where did you get that poster?
And which bands are playing on which day?
Just curious.
Also, I love how Satellite Party are so high up on lolla... but pretty close to the bottom on Coachella haha. I find that funny.

Tylerdurden31
04-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Where did you get that poster?
And which bands are playing on which day?
Just curious.
Also, I love how Satellite Party are so high up on lolla... but pretty close to the bottom on Coachella haha. I find that funny.

It's Time Out Chicago

schedule wont be out for a few months

shotglass75
04-11-2007, 02:00 PM
what he said

rage patton
04-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Seriously?
They dont annouce who plays what day for a couple months?
Im guessing they dont sell single day passes then.

braundiggity
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Smashing Pumpkins are playing the V Festival in Baltimore the same weekend as Lolla (along with the police and beastie boys).

I can't figure out who the other headliners of Lolla are. Pearl Jam, but otherwise, everyone else is someone who'd be a sub-headliner at Coachella.

shotglass75
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
They do sell single day passes but not until about a month or so before the event. That is usually when set times are revealed too.

RockStr4Life
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
The lineup is released tomorrow...I don't believe these fake line-up posts until I see it, although that one does look amazing

Daft Fro
04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Eh, no Pumpkins? I thought they would be a shoe in, guess not...

I don't really have a lot of reason to go, as I have seen/will be seeing a good chunk of the lineup.

Modest Mouse
My Morning Jacket
Patti Smith
Yo La Tengo
STS9
MIA

..and that would be about it, of course I'd go watch DP again, Muse again, and PJ...but not enough to warrant a trip :P

Boourns
04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Smashing Pumpkins are playing the V Festival in Baltimore the same weekend as Lolla (along with the police and beastie boys).

I can't figure out who the other headliners of Lolla are. Pearl Jam, but otherwise, everyone else is someone who'd be a sub-headliner at Coachella.

I guess that's the Lollapalooza way: have just one real headliner per year. At Coachella, Daft Punk was the dance tent headliner, not the regular headliner. And Ben Harper? Gross. Last year they presented Kanye West and Manu Chao as headliners, but neither is/was headliner-caliber for Coachella, despite the similar capacity.

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
It is a good line-up except there is only a handful of electronic acts. As far as diversity is concerned coachella reins supreme!

rage patton
04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Are there really THAT many people who like Ben Harper?
I remember Sasquatch last year had NIN headlining Day 1, Beck Day 3 and Ben Harper Day 2. I was like... WTF?
He must be a lot bigger in the states than in Canada.

hangthedj112
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Pretty nice line-up. Rather predictable picks, and nowhere near Coachella. I think if I were to make it out to Chicago for a fest it'd probably be pitchfork instead though.

bmack86
04-11-2007, 03:15 PM
it looks good, but, i agree, Pitchfork. I'll be at Pitchy's fest.

pmjboyle
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Shit. Anyone want to buy half a dozen Coachella passes?

OK, just kidding, but seriously... there are some real gems in that linup. MAJOR gems: yo la tengo, patti smith, the YYYs, daft punk, MMJ, stooges, modest mouse, TVotR, spoon, son volt, electric six, jim noir (!!!), viva voce, and (NOOOOOO!) the polyphonic spree... not to mention a bunch of the indie talent that's also playing Coachella.

Oh well, Coachella wins big in one important category: diversity.

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM
it looks good, but, i agree, Pitchfork. I'll be at Pitchy's fest.

I wish I could go to that.

Courtney
04-11-2007, 03:31 PM
you will burn for your PJ comment, however I will extinguish your flames at the Daft Punk show in seattle...cant wait.

Reading through this thread, I keep on thinking you're talking about PJ Harvey and I get all excited. And then I realize that you're only talking about Pearl Jam.

Stop toying with my emotions, kreutz.

kreutz2112
04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Reading through this thread, I keep on thinking you're talking about PJ Harvey and I get all excited. And then I realize that you're only talking about Pearl Jam.

Stop toying with my emotions, kreutz.

only?...ONLY? However PJ harvey is good. I like Pearl Jam more though.

shotglass75
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I would agree that there is much more diversity at Coachella as far as styles of music. I always thought Lolla should have more electronica but I think they don't on purpose so they wouldn't be compared to coachella. As far as Daft Punk as a headliner for Coachella. I think Lolla tries to be the "everyone could enjoy themselves at our festival" festival. With having the kids stage and all they really try to get the whole family there. Not really my cup of tea but shit in 10 - 15 years who knows. When it was announce it was cool and people were excited but no one really knew what they were in store for. All of the hype surrounding Daft Punk happened after the Coachella performance (and it was worth all of the hype)

i_like_cake530
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM

you really dont like this line up?

bartelby
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
hmmmm....i think i'm leaning towards going now (i bought the cheap-o $60 tickets)

while i've seen a lot of those bands at coachella, i'm totally into seeing most of them again - especially YYY, MMJ, Spoon, TVOR, and Muse

you really can't beat that price...

xxxxxxxxxx
04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
id love to see yo la tengo at coachella.

bartelby
04-11-2007, 07:52 PM
me too

saw them a few months ago and they were fantastic

Alchemy
04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
So I'll start the rumor that Underworld will be at V-Fest since they are not at Lollapalooza.

shakermaker113
04-11-2007, 08:50 PM
i think the biggest surprise there is silverchair.

but god, pearl jam -- what an awful headliner! and people complain about the coachella headliners.

caljona
04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Why ae Cold War Kids playing every fest but Coachella?
and
Muse should play Coachella too

bballarl
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I think Coachella should be one year long and every band in the world should play that way it will be the best festival in the world thanks for listening this has been my class report.

rage patton
04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I think Coachella should be one year long and every band in the world should play that way it will be the best festival in the world thanks for listening this has been my class report.

Well there we go. FINALLY a sensible answer. I couldnt agree more. Why hasnt anyone thought of this?

suprefan
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Why ae Cold War Kids playing every fest but Coachella?
and
Muse should play Coachella too

Touring commitments I imagine. Muse needs to come and HEADLINE a day, that should be the next time they play Coachella. I mean I think the Forum performance last night made it a lock to be able to draw a big crowd in L.A. so Muse at Coach at the top of the bill is a no brainer now.

rage patton
04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Touring commitments I imagine. Muse needs to come and HEADLINE a day, that should be the next time they play Coachella. I mean I think the Forum performance last night made it a lock to be able to draw a big crowd in L.A. so Muse at Coach at the top of the bill is a no brainer now.

By top of Bill, you do mean second line right? Because, as much as I love Muse, I dont seem them as a headliner for a day at Coachella. But a line 2 sub-headliner for sure.

bballarl
04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
They just filled a room with 18,000 people. That is more than The Arcade Fire or Manu Chao or Interpol, at least to my knowledge.

rage patton
04-12-2007, 12:15 AM
They just filled a room with 18,000 people. That is more than The Arcade Fire or Manu Chao or Interpol, at least to my knowledge.

I wasnt saying they arent talented enough, or dont have a big enough fan base or that they dont deserve the attention they are getting right now. Muse are not up to the same calibre as some other headlining acts. Acts such as Bjork, RHCP and Rage Against The Machine. Whether or not you like any or all of the headliners this year, they have proven themselves as artists and musicians, and stood the test of time. If this was in the UK, I would think Muse would be a great choice for a headliner. However, Muse just got "big" in North America like... 2 years ago. Compared to Bjork, who has been making music for a long time, and is a well known artists for her eclecticness (if that is a word). Red Hot Chili Peppers, who have been making music for the last 20+ years. And Rage Against The Machine who made this show that holds 60,000 people sell out in 80 days in advance. My point is that even though Muse are playing Stadiums now, it doesnt mean they are headlining material. Maybe in a few years. And again, nothing against Muse, I am a huge fan. But as I said, if they were a sub-headliner I couldnt be happier.

Boourns
04-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Whatever. If Coldplay can headline, so can Muse.

rampaige
04-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Boo, no Pumpkins. :( even though I knew the chances of them playing both Lolla and Virgin were slim, I was still hopeful. Now it looks like I'll have to choose between a weekend in Chicago with all my friends (and Muse) or a weekend in Baltimore by myself to see my long time favorite band.

Tylerdurden31
04-12-2007, 07:02 AM
I love that the lollapalooza music player uses "Tomorrow" for Silverchair

caljona
04-12-2007, 07:03 AM
I wasnt saying they arent talented enough, or dont have a big enough fan base or that they dont deserve the attention they are getting right now. Muse are not up to the same calibre as some other headlining acts. Acts such as Bjork, RHCP and Rage Against The Machine. Whether or not you like any or all of the headliners this year, they have proven themselves as artists and musicians, and stood the test of time. If this was in the UK, I would think Muse would be a great choice for a headliner. However, Muse just got "big" in North America like... 2 years ago. Compared to Bjork, who has been making music for a long time, and is a well known artists for her eclecticness (if that is a word). Red Hot Chili Peppers, who have been making music for the last 20+ years. And Rage Against The Machine who made this show that holds 60,000 people sell out in 80 days in advance. My point is that even though Muse are playing Stadiums now, it doesnt mean they are headlining material. Maybe in a few years. And again, nothing against Muse, I am a huge fan. But as I said, if they were a sub-headliner I couldnt be happier.

Muse have been around as long as Coldplay and if I recall correctly, headlined glasto in 2004 alongside paul mccartney and over morrissey (who i believe headlined coachella) plus they quite possibly put on the best show in the world at the moment.

bartelby
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Muse rocks - I'd go see them anywhere....soo much fun in a live show

Tylerdurden31
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Muse have been around as long as Coldplay and if I recall correctly, headlined glasto in 2004 alongside paul mccartney and over morrissey (who i believe headlined coachella) plus they quite possibly put on the best show in the world at the moment.

Muse has been around longer than coldplay. Muse - 1992, Coldplay - 1998

ThomThom
04-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I think that Muse is a much bigger draw then Coldplay in their homeland of the UK, but Coldplay owns in the States. Case in point their last shitty record X&Y sold almost 1 millions copies in it's first week and remained in the top 10 for weeks in the States. They have sold out the Verizon Wireless in Irvine, the Bowl in Hollywood, MSG in New York, The Pond in Anaheim, Coors in San Diego, the list of arenas goes on and on and on. Their on just about every popular movie soundtrack you can think of and are played at least twice daily on every popular radio station in this country. Don't get me wrong, Muse is a much more appealing band to me and are much more entertaining live but your kidding yourself if you think they can headline a U.S. festival simply because they sold out the fucking Forum...give them a couple of years at least.

shoegazer76
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
P.J. Harvey is far more emotive & superior than Pearl Jam!

psychic friend
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
http://www.paloozahead.com/ (http://www.paloozahead.com/1965-6e16)

Tylerdurden31
04-12-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.paloozahead.com/ (http://www.paloozahead.com/1965-6e16)

is that brandon?

psychic friend
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
ya. I was looking through the post your pic thread and his is one of my favorites.

bballarl
04-12-2007, 09:40 AM
One more time I want to celebrate...oh yeah alright don't stop the dancing

SecretAgentX-9
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
seriously, only 5 bands that appeal to me, 2 of which are playing coachella, and another which I am seeing in May.

i thought fountains of wayne was embaressing, but lalapalooza has soooo much bad shit.

coachella > lalapalooza anyday

Bosco
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM
SILVERCHAIR ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN DATES OF 'YOUNG MODERN' WORLD TOUR

Silverchair has announced their first full North American tour since 1999. The dates will be in support of the band's new album Young Modern which will street on July 24 in the US and Canada on Eleven: a music company through Warner Music Group's Independent Label Group.

In spite of the band's long leave of absence they recently sold out some New York, Los Angeles and Toronto shows within minutes. This phenomenal response drew a full page feature in the LA Times Calendar section and lead the LA Weekly to declare that "Silverchair have burrowed into a 'career band niche' … thriving on quality songwriting and authentic delivery".

Since exploding to prominence in the mid-90's Silverchair has morphed into a much more melodic and idiosyncratic band than they were as teenagers. They are currently riding the crest of a wave in Australia with Young Modern becoming the fastest selling and most critically acclaimed album of their career to date. It was certified double platinum in their homeland after just one month.

Young Modern sees Silverchair pushing their collective envelope by combining an eclectic mix of pop sensibilities and melodic indie rock with some epic orchestral flourished by legendary Beach Boys collaborator Van Dyke Parks.

Dates for the North American leg of the Young Modern world tour will be as follows:

Friday, 13th July - San Diego, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale June 8th
Saturday 14th July - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern Tickets on sale June 9th
Sunday, 15th July - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues Tickets on sale June 8th
Tuesday, 17th July - San Francisco, CA - The Independent Tickets on sale June 10th
Thursday, 19th July - Portland, OR - Aladdin Theatre Tickets on sale June 8th
Friday, 20th July - Seattle, WA – Showbox Tickets on sale June 8th
Saturday, 21st July - Vancouver, BC - Commodore Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Monday, 23rd July - Atlanta, GA - Roxy Theatre Tickets on sale June 16th
Tuesday 24th July - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club Tickets on sale June 14th
Friday, 27th July - New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom Tickets on sale June 15th
Saturday, 28th July - Philadelphia, PA - Fillmore at the TLA Tickets on sale June 15th
Monday, 30th July - Montreal, QC - Le Spectrum Tickets on sale June 7th
Wednesday, 1st August - Toronto, ON - Phoenix Tickets on sale June 14th
Saturday, 4th August - Chicago, IL – Lollapalooza Tickets on sale NOW
Sunday, 5th August - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue Tickets on sale June 16th

In addition to their own headline tour Silverchair will also make a mainstage appearance at the 30,000-capacity Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago on 4th August alongside Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
Quite frankly, the facts speak for themselves.

Young Modern is Silverchair's fifth consecutive #1 Album in Australia. They've had more number 1 albums in their homeland than any other Aussie band in history (Midnight Oil had four, INXS and AC/DC had three). Rolling Stone magazine has called their new album a "towering triumph" and the lead track Straight Lines spent four weeks at #1 making it Silverchair's biggest hit since their breakthrough single Tomorrow back in 1995.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=68603685&blogID=272985320&MyToken=381590ae-9ae4-4f8a-aee9-6faa68918bc0

yes!

summerkid
06-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Well I'll be damned Muse is headlining Saturday.

crazzz2007
06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
seriously, only 5 bands that appeal to me, 2 of which are playing coachella, and another which I am seeing in May.

i thought fountains of wayne was embaressing, but lalapalooza has soooo much bad shit.

you've got to be kidding.....

Pearl Jam
Daft Punk
Muse
Iggy and the Stooges
Modest mouse
Interpol
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Roots
The Black Kets
Cafe Tacuba
Amy Winehouse
LCS Soundsystem
CYHSY
Stephen Marley
!!!
Peter Bjorn and John
The Rapture
The Wailers

It's not quite coachella, but you can sure have a great time at lola.

DeltaSigChi4
06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
The fact that you left out the Silversun Pickups just goes to cement the fact that you're a forum terrorist.

E