PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from Belgium

Uplift
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
HI,

It's very likely that I'll be going to Coachella with a friend of mine. Tomorrow we'll look for plane tickets.
But the first thing I want to know is if it's possible to order tickets from Belgium. Normally, ik should work online... But maybe it's not possible from our small country?
Second thing is: how fast will this festival sell out? Of course, there are differences between the past editions, but with the headlining act of RATM it could be hard to get tickets?
I also have some practical questions, but if those two here above would be anwsererd, it would be a great relief...:)

Cheers

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Ticketmaster has an faq up about internation orders,
internation orders faq (http://ticketmasterus.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ticketmasterus.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=345&p_created=1121026317&p_sid=3_Ouarsi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NjQmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9 jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1pbnRlcm5hdGlvb mFsIG9yZGVycw**&p_li=&p_topview=1)

prettydirtything
01-23-2007, 01:31 PM
only one day has completely sold out in coachella history (saturday 2004). It all depends on how much you like to worry "shit, what if it sells out?"

or,
"shit, what if their is a high profile late addition?"

After buying you plane tickets and saving up the $200 you need for your festival bottled water budget (its hot in cali), you had better be sure you have your coachella tickets ;-)

Uplift
01-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Hello,

I've been searching for transport methods from LAX to Indio on april 26th, but I couldn't find anything. Greyhound goes straight from LA to Indio, but the Greyhound station is about 20 miles from the airport. Getting there seems way to hard to do.
I've also looked at the Amtrak website. I could arrive one day earlyer, but then I still don't know how to get from Palm Springs to Indio (a cab seems too expensive). Indeed, there are no trains from LA to Indio. So... does anyone with more experience know what I should do?

Thanks a lot

scotttray
01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd look into renting a car to get from LAX to Coachella. It's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive...a taxi would kill you. Palm springs also has an airport, you might look into flying into there. That'll put you about 30 minutes from Indio. We stayed in Palm Springs last year and the cab cost about $80 one way. Only paid it for one day, drove the next. I'm old enough to be sober at 1am to drive back to the hotel. Besides, the think I loved last year was that because of the heat/sun (btw, not 100, maybe 90's tops), we didn't drink much. This year I jumped on it early and reserved some rooms about 2 miles from the venue....walking distance if need be. Enjoy.

Uplift
01-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I'd look into renting a car to get from LAX to Coachella. It's about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive...a taxi would kill you. Palm springs also has an airport, you might look into flying into there. That'll put you about 30 minutes from Indio. We stayed in Palm Springs last year and the cab cost about $80 one way. Only paid it for one day, drove the next. I'm old enough to be sober at 1am to drive back to the hotel. Besides, the think I loved last year was that because of the heat/sun (btw, not 100, maybe 90's tops), we didn't drink much. This year I jumped on it early and reserved some rooms about 2 miles from the venue....walking distance if need be. Enjoy.

well, thanks for the advice. But we can only afford a flight to L.A. and a greyhound trip from L.A. to Indio. Now, we found a way to go to one L.A. Greyhound station (that is from LAX, about 20 miles), but it's still quite complex.
Anyways, if we don't find a way to hit a carpooling system or something, it's the only way for us to get in Indio.

benrez
01-24-2007, 09:31 AM
actually, both days sold out last year (2006). they're pushing the 3-day pass which shouldn't be too difficult to obtain. on the other hand, single day tickets might be limited especially sunday.

sddoctor
01-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Carpools are a good way to go...if you're on a budget. It seems to me that plenty of people on this messageboard are willing and open to carpool, especially with international guests.

n3glect
01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
There is a Metro Train that runs from LAX to Union Station. Union Station is what you'd take the Greyhound bus from. The metro very similar to the one in Brussels... however due to goverment shenanigans, you'll need to take a shuttle from the airport to the Metro Station.

It will cost you a grand total of 3 USD and about 45 minutes to get to Union Station from LAX.

You can find more info here:

http://www.mta.net/default.asp

Use the planner and type in LAX as your departure and Union Station as your arrival.

Uplift
01-24-2007, 11:41 AM
There is a Metro Train that runs from LAX to Union Station. Union Station is what you'd take the Greyhound bus from. The metro very similar to the one in Brussels... however due to goverment shenanigans, you'll need to take a shuttle from the airport to the Metro Station.

It will cost you a grand total of 3 USD and about 45 minutes to get to Union Station from LAX.

You can find more info here:

http://www.mta.net/default.asp

Use the planner and type in LAX as your departure and Union Station as your arrival.

thanks, but there's no greyhound station at union station. Also, amtrak doesn't have any connections to Indio. So our best option is still greyhound downtown. I looked at a mta planner, and it seems perfectly possible to get downtown (about 20 miles from LAX) with a exhaustive combination of different kinds of public transport:). Only, it's quite complicated, and we'll be just like 2 aliens... hehe. I've been to some major cities, but I really do not know how I should find my way in LA. So that's why we might want to try carpooling with someone from the airport.

maddjester
01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
i dunno if beligian licences work here in the states...do you hjave an international one? if so...jsut fly into LAX airport and rent a car.
if oyu cnat do that...make firneds on here and maybe they cna drive you. Its not far away...maybe like a 2 hour drive.

So you're belgian aye? Where in Belgium? I went to Pukkelpop this past August....IT WAS AWESOME!!!
i still have this debate with my brother.....we cant really say which festival is btter...coachella or pukkelpop....but we agree of all the music festivals we have gone too..... those 2 are the best! And notice how mant of the acts between the 2 festivals overlap.... so maybe radiohead will join coachella this year,,,, but i dont care if they do or dont...i saw them at pukkelpop... not the best thing ever...

by the way.... you need to bring Dr. Lektroluv with you...haha have him play coachella....casue he is funny and aweomse live....at least when i saw him he was.

Uplift
01-25-2007, 05:08 AM
i dunno if beligian licences work here in the states...do you hjave an international one? if so...jsut fly into LAX airport and rent a car.
if oyu cnat do that...make firneds on here and maybe they cna drive you. Its not far away...maybe like a 2 hour drive.

So you're belgian aye? Where in Belgium? I went to Pukkelpop this past August....IT WAS AWESOME!!!
i still have this debate with my brother.....we cant really say which festival is btter...coachella or pukkelpop....but we agree of all the music festivals we have gone too..... those 2 are the best! And notice how mant of the acts between the 2 festivals overlap.... so maybe radiohead will join coachella this year,,,, but i dont care if they do or dont...i saw them at pukkelpop... not the best thing ever...

by the way.... you need to bring Dr. Lektroluv with you...haha have him play coachella....casue he is funny and aweomse live....at least when i saw him he was.

Hi,

Yeah, I've been to the past 5 Pukkelpop editions, and to tell you the truth, the ones in 2002/2003 were much better and cheaper than the last few editions. The festival has commercialized a lot, and facilities have dropped in quality. Also, the PA doesn't always work correctly and many smaller bands can play no longer than 35 minutes... It's still a very nice music program they set up, but the audience is becoming very teenage-like and the festival quite expensive.
The best belgian festival is Dour, in the middle of July. And in the rest of Europe, the best ones are deffinately Roskilde and Sziget. Of course, there's still Glasto, but kinda hard to get tickets for that, hehe.

maddjester
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Isn;t there a festival in Gent as well?

Uplift
01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
This is probably a question that's been asked before, but we have the following problem:

Actually, everything is planned and we've bought every ticket necessary to get to Coachella. But one thing we didn't think about is buying the Coachella tickets (and camping tickets) with our own credit cards. Already over limit, we used someone else's, who, of course, isnt' going to the festival. On the ticketmaster site it says that your ID must match the Credit Card. We can take this guy's creditcard, that's no problem. We will also bring a copy of his ID with a personal note from himself giving the logical explanation here above. Of course, it's easy to explain, but will the guys in the ticket office understand this or just not let us trough because we didn't follow this rule (at least not entirely correctly).

Does anyone have experiences with this kind of thing. Or does anyone know what to do?
We already sent a email with this explanation to Coachella and Ticketmaster. I reckon it should be no big trouble, but just to make sure, please give me some information on that...

Thanks a lot

PS: the Ghent festival is actually bigger than carnival in Rio. It's a 10 day party with lots of small festivals throughout the city. I actually live and study in Ghent. more info: www.genstefeesten.be

Cheers,

Marc

maddjester
01-29-2007, 11:37 AM
i will have ot go there somday for the fesitval