PDA

View Full Version : If You Want To Complain About The Lineup, Here's Some Advice For You

sliiiiip
01-23-2007, 01:02 PM
While people have a right to be unhappy with the lineup, I don't understand why they are directing their anger towards the Coachella organizers. It's not like they have a responsibility to YOU to ensure that you're 100% satisfied with the bands on the bill. Their responsibility is to make sure that the festival is a success, and by that I mean the following:

- The festival needs to make money, above all else. It's a business.

- The festival needs to be enjoyable enough that the people that attend it will be likely to return in subsequent years or tell their friends that they should attend in the future. It's called generating spin off business.

- The festival needs to maintain a status as being able to bring in an attractive lineup so that it received positive coverage in the media and from a majority of attendees. Remember, a majority isn't everybody.

Really, other than that, I don't think that there is a responsibility on the part of the organizers to give two shits about what people think. The difference with Goldenvoice is that they actually do seem to take their audiences wishes into account when arranging their events, and have produced lineups that I'd say are pretty solid for a number of years.

So, with all that being said, those of you who are upset with the lineup have a few options that you can take as consumers:

1. Don't buy tickets. Your dollars speak louder than your bitchy messages.

2. Spend your money on other festivals that do cater to your wishes and give them more of an ability to compete with Coachella, that way the competition may lead to you getting your way at a later date (or the festivals that to cater to your demands will become stronger themselves).

3. Try to start your own festival. Take the time to get a site, organize the construction of the stages and set up of tents and concessions, get sponsorship details, bring in the bands, sell tickets, advertise, and so on, and get all the bands that you love to play there. Try your best to turn a profit so that you don't lose your shirt doing it. Oh, and good luck with all of that by the way.

I would say that based on what they are responsible for, the Coachella organizers are going a great job. Last year, I was not impressed with the lineup, so I stayed home, even though I had the money and had arranged the time off. This year, I will attend because I like the lineup. That's my right as a consumer. And if I was really unimpressed with the product, I'd write a professional letter to the organizers explaining why I was unhappy and what alternatives I would have appreciated (a hint for some of you: by 'professional letter', I don't mean posting a bitchy rant on a message board with the subject line "this lineup fucking sucks'). And if they didn't respond to my concerns, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my little essay. If you want to get mad at me for writing it, now's your chance.

Sexecutioner
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
this is a message board. people come on here to share their opinions, positive or negative. if somebody is unhappy with the lineup, who else would they direct their unhappiness to besides GV? They put on the show. They market it to us, the music fans, according to what they think we want, so we will buy tickets. well, if we dont get what we want, we let them know so maybe next year they can improve.

i personally like the lineup this year, and every other year. but theres nothing wrong with people sharing their lack of enthusiasm with the lineup. if everybody here had the same opinion and just agreed with each other about everything, it would be boring.

wstsidela
01-23-2007, 02:07 PM
LOL! I can't wait to see the Snivelin' Crybaby Music Festival.

sliiiiip
01-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I agree that people can share their opinions on here, but reading post after post of 'The lineup sucks' or 'WORST LINEUP EVER' with people expressing anywhere from mild annoyance to pure rage at the organizers propted me to write this. I mean really, if you don't like it, go elsewhere. And as if a festival with 100 bands doesn't have enough for everyone.

People that think they are entitled to getting everything they want without doing it themselves are fools.

york707
01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
My question is - why does everyone have to start their own thread about why it sucks or rules? Can't you reply to an existing thread? Srsly.

Nychek
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
yelling at people for expressing their opinion is silly -- if you aren't allowed to suggest alternate lineups then the festival could never improve. please put your jackboot away.

AEversW
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
i dont see how anyone could think this lineup sucks...shame really.

tessalasset
01-23-2007, 02:59 PM
yeah thats the weirdest thing to me, is this is my favorite coachella lineup since i started going in 04. i think this beats 04, personally.

ps, AEversW, that is the best avatar EVER.

Trailmix
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Amen my brother!

tiffdud41
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
why are the to and what's all red? did I miss something?

mountmccabe
01-23-2007, 06:07 PM
why are the to and what's all red? did I miss something?
the to all what for the under said. no something hasn't happened yet.

elChurro
01-23-2007, 06:28 PM
While people have a right to be unhappy with the lineup, I don't understand why they are directing their anger towards the Coachella organizers. It's not like they have a responsibility to YOU to ensure that you're 100% satisfied with the bands on the bill. Their responsibility is to make sure that the festival is a success, and by that I mean the following:

- blah blah blah. money money money...

All the bitching leads to a better lineup the following year. GV's paying attention, if not we'd have bands playing over and over every year... oh wait, thats already happening.

nevermind.

Coachella started off as an outlet for something different, creative and edgy. An alternative to the 'business as usual' concerts. Lets hope it doesn't turn into what you described... or watch it slowly turn into another lollapaloser.

cause really, Stagecoah?... lol, talk about selling out.

oh well, theres still churros and frozen lemonade.

sliiiiip
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Coachella started off as an outlet for something different, creative and edgy. An alternative to the 'business as usual' concerts.

Good point. I remember back in '99 when Coachella features such 'different, creative and edgy' bands as Perfect Circle, Tool, The Chemical Brothers, Rage Against The Machine, and Beck.

sliiiiip
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
All the bitching leads to a better lineup the following year.

If you think your little pissy rants on a messageboard speak louder than your dollars you are an idealistic fool.

sliiiiip
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
yelling at people for expressing their opinion is silly -- if you aren't allowed to suggest alternate lineups then the festival could never improve. please put your jackboot away.

I didn't yell, I presented a well thought out opinion. I'd say that's a big step above the naysayers who post threads with subjects in all caps that say things like 'THIS LINEUP SUCKS' or 'WORST LINEUP EVER'. What a bunch of babies.

TomAz
01-24-2007, 01:27 AM
The only thing dumber than bitching about the lineup on a message board..

is bitching about people bitching about the lineup on the message board.

Now this post, this one right here that you are reading, is me bitching about people bitching about other people bitching about the lineup. This is good stuff, right here.

elChurro
01-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Good point. I remember back in '99 when Coachella features such 'different, creative and edgy' bands as Perfect Circle, Tool, The Chemical Brothers, Rage Against The Machine, and Beck.

...meanwhile everyone else was far from the mainstage checking out alternatives to your billboard's top 40 guide to coachella.

Philthy
01-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Why can't GV give me somewhere to plug my hairdryer in? A man needs to make his hair look good when he's camping in the desert. Damn you GV. Damn you to hell.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2007, 06:40 AM
i dont see how anyone could think this lineup sucks...shame really.
co-sign

suprefan
01-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Why can't GV give me somewhere to plug my hairdryer in? A man needs to make his hair look good when he's camping in the desert. Damn you GV. Damn you to hell.

Iposted somethign about this in the camping thread....

sliiiiip
01-24-2007, 08:28 AM
...meanwhile everyone else was far from the mainstage checking out alternatives to your billboard's top 40 guide to coachella.

Lies.

Tijuana
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
I agree that people can share their opinions on here, but reading post after post of 'The lineup sucks' or 'WORST LINEUP EVER' with people expressing anywhere from mild annoyance to pure rage at the organizers propted me to write this. I mean really, if you don't like it, go elsewhere. And as if a festival with 100 bands doesn't have enough for everyone.

People that think they are entitled to getting everything they want without doing it themselves are fools.

Like the other poster said: "THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD"... message boards are places where people discuss topics... If you don't want to read people's complaints about the lineup (WHICH BY THE WAY SUCKS MAJOR ASS)... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH YOUR "KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SUCCESFUL FESTIVALS"...

COACHELLA WILL SUCK THIS YEAR....

Everybody that reads this will remember me when they're at the Polo Fields sweating and tired and realizing that they just dropped a lot of cash on overpriced, overhyped, short sets by artists who are just there to collect their money.

FakePlasticMe
01-24-2007, 10:31 AM
yeah thats the weirdest thing to me, is this is my favorite coachella lineup since i started going in 04. i think this beats 04, personally.

ps, AEversW, that is the best avatar EVER.

Radiohead? Pixies (at the time they hadn't toured every place with oxygen)? Kraftwerk?

No, not better than 04.

KRINGER
01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
cause really, Stagecoah?... lol, talk about selling out.

:lool seriously a country music fest in california.. now i've seen it all!

SnowShoe
01-24-2007, 06:22 PM
:lool seriously a country music fest in california.. now i've seen it all!

Stagecoach may not be your cup of tea... and it's not mone, but:

Some people are very excited about that event. So, are they less cool than you cause they want to experience a big festival in the desert? Not in their mind.

Plus, Goldenvoice has done an amazing job construcing the Coachella event layout, so it makes perfect sense to use it twice before tearing it all down. It's called economies of scale.

And, by the way... with Willie Nelson, Drive By Truckers, Old 97's, Lucinda Williams, Junior Brown... they have some pretty damn good musicians.

I ain't going to Stagecoach, but for those of you who think GV is selling out for creating a second festival, pull your head out. All they're doing is promoting live music and making a buck off of it. Pretty admirable.

Kiefer
01-24-2007, 06:47 PM
this is what i really dont get... people post their wish lists of like 50 bands they want to see. thing is, you will not be able to watch them all anyway! you would just be pissed cuz every 15 minutes 3 of your 'absolute favorite bands ever' will be conflicting with each other. first year i went (01) i hopped from stage to stage, seeing maybe 38% of the acts there. last year, honestly, i saw maybe 15 acts. still worth the ticket price. buy a ticket, go to the festival, rock out, go home. quit whining.

Cafe Dali
01-24-2007, 07:00 PM
The only thing dumber than bitching about the lineup on a message board..

is bitching about people bitching about the lineup on the message board.

Now this post, this one right here that you are reading, is me bitching about people bitching about other people bitching about the lineup. This is good stuff, right here.

lol

J~$$$
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Poopin'.

Balthazar B
01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
For me...

the line-up is so good, I am hard in my panties.

sliiiiip
01-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Like the other poster said: "THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD"... message boards are places where people discuss topics... If you don't want to read people's complaints about the lineup (WHICH BY THE WAY SUCKS MAJOR ASS)... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH YOUR "KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SUCCESFUL FESTIVALS"...

Everybody that reads this will remember me when they're at the Polo Fields sweating and tired and realizing that they just dropped a lot of cash on overpriced, overhyped, short sets by artists who are just there to collect their money.

Hey...maybe you should take your own advice. I have a right to post on any subject I wish, and it looks like I generated quite a discussion. You, for instance, seem to have quite the little obsession with what I have to say.

Coachella won't suck for me this year, that's why I've decided to go. If I thought it was going to suck, I'd stay away and find somewhere else to spend my money. I wouldn't yap about it incessantly on some message board like a dummy. The box office receipts in combination with people's reactions AFTER the festival is done are what will make a difference in what is presented in subsequent years.

Alchemy
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.ur.msstate.edu/news/photo/archive/5-8-2006.jpg

Stainofmind
02-28-2008, 10:29 PM

- The festival needs to be enjoyable enough that the people that attend it will be likely to return in subsequent years or tell their friends that they should attend in the future. It's called generating spin off business.

- The festival needs to maintain a status as being able to bring in an attractive lineup so that it received positive coverage in the media and from a majority of attendees. Remember, a majority isn't everybody.

Really, other than that, I don't think that there is a responsibility on the part of the organizers to give two shits about what people think. The difference with Goldenvoice is that they actually do seem to take their audiences wishes into account when arranging their events, and have produced lineups that I'd say are pretty solid for a number of years.

So, with all that being said, those of you who are upset with the lineup have a few options that you can take as consumers:

1. Don't buy tickets. Your dollars speak louder than your bitchy messages.

2. Spend your money on other festivals that do cater to your wishes and give them more of an ability to compete with Coachella, that way the competition may lead to you getting your way at a later date (or the festivals that to cater to your demands will become stronger themselves).

3. Try to start your own festival. Take the time to get a site, organize the construction of the stages and set up of tents and concessions, get sponsorship details, bring in the bands, sell tickets, advertise, and so on, and get all the bands that you love to play there. Try your best to turn a profit so that you don't lose your shirt doing it. Oh, and good luck with all of that by the way.

I would say that based on what they are responsible for, the Coachella organizers are going a great job. Last year, I was not impressed with the lineup, so I stayed home, even though I had the money and had arranged the time off. This year, I will attend because I like the lineup. That's my right as a consumer. And if I was really unimpressed with the product, I'd write a professional letter to the organizers explaining why I was unhappy and what alternatives I would have appreciated (a hint for some of you: by 'professional letter', I don't mean posting a bitchy rant on a message board with the subject line "this lineup fucking sucks'). And if they didn't respond to my concerns, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Anyway, that's my little essay. If you want to get mad at me for writing it, now's your chance.

This is the same shit i been preachin for this years Coachella.

PassiveTheory
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
This is the same shit i been preachin for this years Coachella.

And, you know, wanting Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears to play the festival.

Stainofmind
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
And, you know, wanting Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears to play the festival.

*yawns*

humanoid
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
I wanna bitch about people bitching about others bitching about someone else bitching about bitching...fuck, I don't even know where to begin bitching

verveman77
02-28-2008, 11:19 PM
ONE word (well 2) THE VERVE thats all i have to say about coachella 2008 not sucking !!!!!!!!!! oh ya and waters,cold war kids, fatboy,PORTISHEAD,animal, great djs, cool camping great people.

You complainers should of grown up in our parents generation where they had no coachella and had to walk 20 miles in knee deep snow to school with no shoes!!!!

damon8
02-28-2008, 11:57 PM

finally someone bring a good point up!!!

CalmerThanYou
02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't know what threads you are reading, but the whole bitching about the line up pretty much dried up a week or two ago.

Moving on, who here hates Mayonnaise and its inherent health risks?

PassiveTheory
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know what threads you are reading, but the whole bitching about the line up pretty much dried up a week or two ago.

Naturally, but for some people it's fun to needlessly bring back up old topics that are archaic and useless (without any attempts, whatsoever, to be funny about it).

CalmerThanYou
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
STOP WHINING!
http://www.sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/arnold/farmer2.jpg

guitar_hero
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
STOP WHINING!
http://www.sydlexia.com/imagesandstuff/arnold/farmer2.jpg

funny as hell

greghead
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
LOL! I can't wait to see the Snivelin' Crybaby Music Festival.

Oh you mean Coachella? Judging by all the sniveling, crying, and bitching on this board, as a moniker, it is quite fitting

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
that was so much knowledge droped my head hurts...trust me you seem to be new to the board. We've already drawn that line dividing people still angry at coachella or just JJ

Rhydz
02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
i can understand both sides of the argument. goldenvoice will always try and deliver the best line up possible whilst still maintaining their profit margin. i think the problem this year was a combination of two things:
1) the over saturation of festivals in the us and the competition it has caused to get decent headliners,
2) goldenvoices move into new york with all points west.

in the end if you dont like the line up then dont go. look for other alternatives. go to europe for a festival.

at the same time i can understand why people are posting the "this line up sucks" threads. the only reason they are posting them is because they look forward to coachella each year..they just feel let down thats all. remember its only once a year.

to those who feel let down, goldenvoice doesnt give 2 cents about you. all they care about is that the festival posts a profit and is successfull in their eyes. so why not return the favor and go to a festival that has a line up that suits your musical tastes. i mean theres gotta be atleast one festival that isnt signing jack johnson....

ps. sorry about spelling.

jackstraw94086
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh you mean Coachella? Judging by all the sniveling, crying, and bitching on this board, as a moniker, it is quite fitting

quit sniveling, crying, and bitching about the sniveling, crying, and bitching.

psychic friend
02-29-2008, 07:36 PM
goldenvoices move into new york with all points west.

just saying this has nothing to do with coachella. apw is in august, we have to work with who is available during the time frame. even if a band seems open, they might have a reason they are not available during coachella that they may or may not reveal.

As we have seen over the past few months a lot of bands mentioned as being wanted turned out to have other plans. some still may seem possible, but again, they have their reasons.

ZackQ
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm willing to bet anyone blasting the line up is unfamiliar with AT LEAST half of it. I admit, I was initially very dissapointed. But I remembered past years where one of the headliners hooked me and then I discovered a bunch of amazing bands.

So I gave some of the undercard a change, and I'm just as excited about this year's line up as any in the past. I started at the bottom of my poster and I'm working my way up. So far I've gotten into:

-MGMT -VHS or Beta -Vampire Weekend -Datarock -Archetecture in Helsinki -I'm From Barcelona -Dan Deacon

And I still have two thirds of the line up to go.

Rhydz
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
just saying this has nothing to do with coachella. apw is in august, we have to work with who is available during the time frame. even if a band seems open, they might have a reason they are not available during coachella that they may or may not reveal.

As we have seen over the past few months a lot of bands mentioned as being wanted turned out to have other plans. some still may seem possible, but again, they have their reasons.

I agree. My point was more towards the effect on the budget.

Out of curiosity have tickets to Coachella sold out yet?

goodgrl
02-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I should be sleeping right now.

greghead
02-29-2008, 10:31 PM
quit sniveling, crying, and bitching about the sniveling, crying, and bitching.

*yawn*

Is that it? Usually your responses to my posts have much more humor and vitriol, and much less wit. I'm so disappointed. You crack me up, and your responses are the main reason I still get on this board. I was hoping you would use the words doucebag and retard, like you do in all your other wonderfully articulated responses. I expect more from you, Jackstraw.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I too am here solely for the retarded douche-baggery. So far, I am greatly amused.

gaypalmsprings
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I too am here solely for the retarded douche-baggery. So far, I am greatly amused.

douchebaggery

The philosophy held by douchebags, holding that no one other than themselves (or perhaps their close associates) matters in the least bit, and thus that other human beings can and should be treated like complete excrement for little or no reason (and often for selfish reasons).

DepecheWerk
03-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Somebody is a company man!!!

greghead
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
douchebaggery

The philosophy held by douchebags, holding that no one other than themselves (or perhaps their close associates) matters in the least bit, and thus that other human beings can and should be treated like complete excrement for little or no reason (and often for selfish reasons).

You should submit this to Webster's.

BROKENDOLL
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM

It's all what you make it...Oh, and since you're not making it, we'll be sure to think of you as we're sweating and having a blast at the festival!

BROKENDOLL
03-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I wanna bitch about people bitching about others bitching about someone else bitching about bitching...fuck, I don't even know where to begin bitching I recommend a lesson from TomAz...when it comes to bitching, he has some great stuff.

nationocean
03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm willing to bet anyone blasting the line up is unfamiliar with AT LEAST half of it. I admit, I was initially very dissapointed. But I remembered past years where one of the headliners hooked me and then I discovered a bunch of amazing bands.

Hey Zack, Nope. I knew EVERY single band on that poster when it came out and was totally disappointed.

And sliiiip. Hmm. lets check your ISP. ah yes. just what i thought..

Sonicifyouwantit
03-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey Zack, Nope. I knew EVERY single band on that poster when it came out and was totally disappointed.

And sliiiip. Hmm. lets check your ISP. ah yes. just what i thought..

just out of curiousity who would you have liked to see, I have a few of my own to add.

nationocean
03-01-2008, 02:10 PM
just some bands that haven't made their way over to LA or America in awhile.
I just felt like all these bands have already toured, already promoted their albums and the top listed bands, I was like wtf? but you know that already..

Just some random bands that would have made me happier:

The Prodigy
Wired All Wrong
5,6,7,8's
Tujiko Noriko
Dir en Grey
Airships
Enon
YACHT
Basement Jaxx
Babyshambles
Mahotella Queens

.. i think we should get more asian stuff over here, they always take our bands for their fest.. they need to come over here. lol

nationocean
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
and for headliners.. i don't know.. something just really crazy would have been fun, instead of what we got..

Night One - Kayne West instead of JJ.
Night Two - Aphex Twin ft. Dolly Parton
Night Three - REM with Prince on guitar

why not?

lol. sarcasm

TheWatcher
03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
I just felt like all these bands have already toured, already promoted their albums and the top listed bands, I was like wtf? but you know that already..

The Prodigy
Wired All Wrong
5,6,7,8's
Tujiko Noriko
Dir en Grey
Airships
Enon
YACHT
Basement Jaxx
Babyshambles
Mahotella Queens

.. i think we should get more asian stuff over here, they always take our bands for their fest.. they need to come over here. lol

Sounds good to me! Well, the bands you list that I recognize anyway.

jackstraw94086
03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
*yawn*

Is that it? Usually your responses to my posts have much more humor and vitriol, and much less wit. I'm so disappointed. You crack me up, and your responses are the main reason I still get on this board. I was hoping you would use the words doucebag and retard, like you do in all your other wonderfully articulated responses. I expect more from you, Jackstraw.

oh jesus christ just go away, you laborious twat. Your half-ass attempts at condescension aren't winning you any respect (which, despite your impending protest, is your obvious goal). Shouldn't you be busy crafting another retarded douchebag of a post about everyone here whines too much?

greghead
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM

The Prodigy
Wired All Wrong
5,6,7,8's
Tujiko Noriko
Dir en Grey
Airships
Enon
YACHT
Basement Jaxx
Babyshambles
Mahotella Queens

It is hardly possible for Babyshambles to play in the U.S.; with all of his drug convictions, Pete Doherty will most definitely not be granted a temporary work visa to play here. He has tried numerous times, and everytime, he gets popped again for crack or heroin.

greghead
03-01-2008, 11:21 PM
oh jesus christ just go away, you laborious twat. Your half-ass attempts at condescension aren't winning you any respect (which, despite your impending protest, is your obvious goal). Shouldn't you be busy crafting another retarded douchebag of a post about everyone here whines too much?

There he is! That's the Jackstraw I'm used to. Honestly, there was no condescension in my response, I was being completely truthful; I love your responses, they give me a nice break from researching and writing my thesis. But if I can't have fun, what the hell is the point?

But you are just one sour dude, aren't you? Rest assured, Sunshine, I'm not going anywhere.

Rhydz
03-02-2008, 12:40 AM
It is hardly possible for Babyshambles to play in the U.S.; with all of his drug convictions, Pete Doherty will most definitely not be granted a temporary work visa to play here. He has tried numerous times, and everytime, he gets popped again for crack or heroin.

and what about the rest of the artists in his/her post?

greghead
03-02-2008, 10:55 PM
and what about the rest of the artists in his/her post?

I don't listen to or give a shit about any of those bands, including Babyshambles, so you tell me.

DaFunkyPrecedent
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
coachella is gonna be sooo sick...
hahah i cant wait!

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
There he is! That's the Jackstraw I'm used to. Honestly, there was no condescension in my response, I was being completely truthful; I love your responses, they give me a nice break from researching and writing my thesis. But if I can't have fun, what the hell is the point?

But you are just one sour dude, aren't you? Rest assured, Sunshine, I'm not going anywhere.

uh oh he just dropped "sunshine" on your ass! oh its most definitely on!

Jacques Johnson
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
I wish I could skip me for Minus the Bear.

JClemy
03-04-2008, 01:38 PM
and for headliners.. i don't know.. something just really crazy would have been fun, instead of what we got..

Night One - Kayne West instead of JJ.
Night Two - Aphex Twin ft. Dolly Parton
Night Three - REM with Prince on guitar

why not?

lol. sarcasm

Didn't Prince Ef up his hips from sexy dancing?

I didn't think the lineup looked very good at first and was dissapointed but bought my ticket and planned to hear new artists and enjoy myself. The festival itself was fun and I'm pretty sure it would be hard for all the bands to suck.

Bands I hadn't heard of that I'm excited for are:
Kate Nash
http://www.clickmusic.com/upload/katenash300.jpg

MGMT
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/Saltlick/Sub3/MGMT.jpg

daftradioheadpunk
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
true, true...