PDA

View Full Version : Are there staff members there all night checking people into the campgrounds?

Dem Bums
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Im sure there are, but i have no access to the FAQ and I'm trying to book a flight. I went in 2005, but i got there during the day so im not sure on the answer to this question. I'm just starting my first job, and want to request as little time off, you know make a good impression and all. So I'm trying to flight out at 6PM on Thursday. This gets me in around 9, then i gotta get my bags, rent a car, and drive to Indio. So I'm guessing I'll get to Indio around 1am or so. I would assume there are people there all night on Thursday checking campers in, but I want to make sure they are before i go buying plane tickets and renting cars. Thanks!

Glamour Damaged
01-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes. Someone on another thread said that they arrived around 1am. And the only issue they had was after they parked and walked to the camp site they had to walk back to the car to put the parking tag on their car. If you arrive eariler then theres someone at the parking lot handing out parking tags.

Dem Bums
01-23-2007, 01:08 PM
MONEY, thanks

GTI_GRL
01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
If you are friends with anyone else that is camping, have them reserve a spot for you. We did this last year and it allowed them to have a good spot. We said there was 7 or 8 in our group even though only 3 of us came in really early (4pm ish I think). If you don't do this other people may get placed in your spot and then you will be a##ed out for space. This happened to the people next to us last year.

Even better is if you are going to buy a tent once you get here. Have your friends buy it for you, set it up, and when you get to the fields you don't have to do it in the dark. Just buy a few beers for them and everything is good.