PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound from LA to Indio?

magzilla
03-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Has anyone taken Greyhound from LA to the festival before? I am specifically interested in whether the LA Greyhound station is safe at night. I'm thinking lot of other riders will be going to Coachella as well so maybe the bus won't be loaded with the usual crazies but I know nothing about the LA Greyhound station itself. (Asking for a friend who is flying into LAX late on Thursday.)

Courtney
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question specifically because I have not been at the LA Greyhound station late at night, but I would recommend your friend also considers trying to find a carpool/rideshare through this board. The process of getting from LAX to the Greyhound station is really inconvenient, and then it's also a bit of a haul from the Indio Greyhound station to the polo fields. Sharing a car with folks who are going directly from LAX to Coachella would be far superior.

Boourns
03-16-2013, 12:21 PM
The LA Greyhound station is like the train station in Adventures in Babysitting. The buses to Indio will be stuffed with Coachella kids, or at least they were when I took it in 2006.

Sarah007
03-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I haven't been on the specific trip to Coachella, but I have been at the LA Greyhound station late at night before. It's alright, but I wouldn't go outside, the station is in a terrible area.

Bumblebee
03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Done it since 2009 and doing it again. I've only arrived/left on the 1st/2nd buses out in the morning. There is a 2 or 3 am bus leaving for LA after the Sunday if that fits anybody's needs.

The Bus station was in a weird place last year as the old building was being re-done. Just took a gypsy cab to the hotel.