PDA

View Full Version : Tiesto or Paul van Dyke?

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
I really like Tiesto. I like the way he builds his songs up and then drops the beat on you. He makes himself the center of his music and I like that.

fober
04-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Who the fuck is "Paul van Dyke"?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's this guy:

http://dxpedition-vp2m.com/images/kb9avo-head.jpg

Paul is the founding president of the Indiana-Michigan-Ohio Skywarn Association and has been involved with emergency communications for 30 years, both in public and amateur communications. He is also a member of the Goshen (Indiana) Amateur Radio Club, and HFPACK (http://www.hfpack.com/).

Yeah, I'm going with Tiesto, I don't think this guy knows anything about music.

matsuolost
04-06-2007, 04:18 PM
i dont see a neither option so i will not vote

crazzz2007
04-06-2007, 04:19 PM
worst poll ever

instinct
04-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Tiesto.. PVD blows.. he sucks.. I don't see why people like his boring ass sets.

I'd vote for Justice if they were on this list.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I would take MSTRKRFT over any Electronic act however Justice is second. PVD is to popish to me I dont like the singing.

fatbastard
04-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Tiesto. Both tell almost identical stories with music. PVD tends to play more BPM than I can appreciate. I do not do drugs (any longer) so my vote may not be the most accurate.

matsuolost
04-06-2007, 11:58 PM
this is like asking, kick in the balls or shit in the face?

instinct
04-07-2007, 02:32 AM
this is like asking, kick in the balls or shit in the face?

shit in the face.

MonsoonSeason
04-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Who the fuck is "Paul van Dyke"?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's this guy:

http://dxpedition-vp2m.com/images/kb9avo-head.jpg

Oh man I can't believe it. This guy was my neighbor for five years before he moved to Goshen from Plainfield. I'm going to send him some Tiesto, because that's who I'm going to see.

Mr. E
04-07-2007, 07:10 AM
the 2 of them blows!! I prefer going to eat something or seein another act. *yawns*

depechemodekraftwerk
04-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Its PAUL VAN DYK first of all .........

Second of all....As far as music which i consider the reason i listen to it(unless some lyrical content grabs my attetion)....

PAUL VAN DYK.... albums or singles or lp's,cd's,tapes,8tracks,45,33....etc

songs top to bottom BEATS,FUCKS-UP,DEFEATS,HUMILIATES,SMASHES,RAPES.........tiesto anyday,anyhow,anyway,anytime,anymonth,anyyear,anyc entury

paul van dyk easily beats tiesto .........

BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.... as far as a live concert i dont know?? Never seen both of them live to give you a fair answer........

P.S. get back to me after sunday night.....

Keo345
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
FUCK.
TRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistercrinkles
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Paul van Dyk's cd's are very good, but his live sets are spectacular.

I wish I could have seen him but he always spun in NY. I was too young.

instinct
04-09-2007, 11:20 PM
PVD's cds are boring, and his live sets are even more so..

Tiesto has decent CD's.. and his live sets are entertaining (when he does the actual LIVE show)

daughterxofxexile
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Tiesto all the way :)

joppy-slow
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I've been all over youtube trying to get a feel what both PVD and Tiesto will be like live.....

Tiesto grade: C- (his DJ skills look avg. at best) decide for yourself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBPCEcEiVZg

Paul Van Dyk grade: C (he looks like he is a little more into the mixing, but nothing special)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btX4vPw0BGE

Shyeviolett
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I think Paul is tasty. Therefore, I vote Paul.

Daft Fro
04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Paul's sets are better than Tiesto's, imho....

The Sahara tent will be rocked primarily by the Ed Bangers, MSTRKRFT.....but we all know that :P

patriciabad
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
What is this a joke??? The answer is what the hell were they thinking (whoever decides who is going to perform)???? I mean....Mmmmmm Tiesto or Air.....Mmmmmmm let's see Cornelius or PVD...Mmmmm Red Hot or PVD.....DJ Shadow or Tiesto???? Hellooooooooo!!!

Oh and for Instict I think somebody is playing with you.....Tiesto does not have a live act, the best he can do is count until four.

psycobetabuckdown
04-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't really get it...No offense meant. I just bought Tiesto's album, I like trance and all that stuff. But I don't get going to a concert where it's just a guy, a turntable, and a light show. I don't dance much though, or do drugs for that matter. I also have no understanding, after watching the youtube videos that guy just posted, who is better live. What the hell am I looking for?

clarky123
04-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Does anyone know if there has ever been a festival that fkg "Paul van Dyke" does not, or has not played at? He is everywhere and sometimes in two places at the same time. Enjoy the gig.

instinct
04-19-2007, 03:53 AM
I don't really get it...No offense meant. I just bought Tiesto's album, I like trance and all that stuff. But I don't get going to a concert where it's just a guy, a turntable, and a light show. I don't dance much though, or do drugs for that matter. I also have no understanding, after watching the youtube videos that guy just posted, who is better live. What the hell am I looking for?

Fuck, Why don't you like lightshows? I seriously love them, and i'm sober! Nothing better than some bomb lighting!

LOL.. and you might want to pay attention to how they are mixing the music and what type of music they are playing. :winkiss

kabel
04-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Tiesto is le suck - PvD at least dosen't do the "I am God" pose every show.

somewhatdamaged
04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
tiesto all the way

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Paul Van Dyk comes like 3-4 times a year at least to california

if not more

Tiesto rarely comes and if he does it usually is not cheap

so I am def. looking forward to Tiesto and I probably wont even bother with PvD's set seen him way way way too many times and would rather see something original

DeltaSigChi4
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Dave Wang.

E

brianna_dp
04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
TIESSSSSSSSSSTOOoOoOOoOooOoo :O)

thepoetblue
04-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Give me a break!

PVD is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Tiesto from everything I can see. PVD is not exactly cutting edge, IMHO, he's a fairly good stadium DJ. Tiesto is just bland and boring, frankly.

I'm gonna check out Tiesto, just because he's Mr. Number One dj man, but I'm prepared for him to suck as much as Madge.

imjihoon
04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Paul Van Dyk makes better mix cds but Tiesto is more exciting live.

dedzilla
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
I've seen them both live. I like Paul Van Dyk's music better but Tiesto puts on a good show. Aren't they playing on different days anyway?

Gyrus
04-19-2007, 09:37 PM
tiesto ftw.

Although PvD has released some true classics he's getting worse as time goes on whereas Tiesto just keeps getting better!