PDA

View Full Version : Wknd 1- Ontario Airport to Coachella on Thursday and back again early Monday

prettylightsrocks
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
So I posted this over in the camping questions area, but it seems like it would also make sense here in the context of someone giving us a ride to Coachella from the Ontario airport on Thursday, April 11th, around 5:30PM and then taking us back early on Monday morning (we would need to leave by 5:00am, which is rough, I know, but we'll at least beat traffic). In exchange for this, we'll share our car camping space with you. Also, whoever picks us up would need to have an SUV, as we have a 6ft canopy and luggage... for more details, please see below:

In what has become a tradition for my best friend and I, we have decided to once again share our car camping lot with a new group. This is our third Coachella, and the last two times we've rented out part of our space were great experiences and resulted in some awesome new friends. We are going weekend 1, it's just us two (she's 26 and I'm (also a girl) 24). We only have space for one extra tent, but given that we are all going to have to arrive in the same vehicle, the ideal group size would be 2-3.

The last couple of years we've done a bit of a screening to make sure the group we share our space with is like-minded and, with that in mind, let me tell you a little about us. We're from Austin, Texas, and we go to as many music festivals as we can. This year we're really excited about (in no particular order): The Lumineers, The Postal Service, Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Eric Prydz, Passion Pit, Knife Party, etc. We would really like to camp with people who are close to our age (so 22-28ish), but we're open to cool people of all ages.

If this sounds like it could work for you, please send me a message if you/your group would like to share our camping space in exchange for a ride to and from the airport!

TL;DR Need a ride from Ontario Airport on Thursday and back early Monday in exchange for sharing our car camping space on weekend 1; must have an SUV to pick us up because of ez-up canopy!

Neighborhood Creep
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Just rent a car from there. They're smooth sailing.

georgeorwell
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
I'm 28 and I'm leaving early Monday out of Ontario, like 6 AM on southwest, but not arriving until Friday most likely. I'm flying in from northern california because I got a job there last week after I already was planning on driving to Coachella from my usual home in LA.

I'm renting a car from Fox rental car, http://www.foxrentacar.com/ , which is dirt cheap compared to the others. Look into it, cause mine is like $15 a day (obviously for a smaller one than you are looking for.)

I was looking for camping earlier, but ended up getting a hotel in Palm Springs.

Good luck. Let me know if you need help for a ride back or if you find a ride back. I actually came by to look for a ride back early Monday so I won't have to rent a car just to drive back to the airport.