PDA

View Full Version : BFD 2007

sk8r408
04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
For those of you who don't know, it's an annual festival in Northern CA at the begining of June.

I know the lineup hasn't been officially announced but speculation has started. Rumor is that Bloc Party is headlining. I also noticed that Shiny Toy Guns have it listed on their MySpace page. Does anyone else know anything about it? Oh yeah, it's June 9th, and it's at Shoreline again.

suprefan
04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
And BFD is the radio festival ala' Weenie Roast in So Cal. Bloc Party is confirmed, The Lovemakers are also on the line up.

http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=A-BLOCPA&Date_From=Today&Date_To=04-04-2009&By=All&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=15&StartSearch.y=9

Ardentbiscuit
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I think it's hosted by Live 105. Never been but I heard it's pretty good.

suprefan
04-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Yes it is put on by Live 105.

menikmati
04-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Live 105 is horrible.

menikmati
04-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I've never forgiven them (and never will) when they had one of those "top 105 bands of all time" type of lists, and Nirvana was #2 with the Beastie Boys at #1...the FUCKING beastie boys??????? Please...

Mr.Nipples
04-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Live 105 is horrible.

indeed...

suprefan
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I've never forgiven them (and never will) when they had one of those "top 105 bands of all time" type of lists, and Nirvana was #2 with the Beastie Boys at #1...the FUCKING beastie boys??????? Please...

KROQ had the same and Beasties were # 1 also, but it was a bad top 5. Sublime got #2 over U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana. And I think it was top 105 Live 105 bands and it was top 106.7 KROQ bands ever.

Ardentbiscuit
04-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not a fan of live 105 but like I said, I heard the show is pretty decent every year. I just remember when I went to SF to see Franz Ferdinand with Cut Copy and Tv on the radio. :They were interviewing Franz onn live 105 and asking them about what it was like when the band members were chefs in a restaurant. All I think was, "Do I really need to know this?"

rage patton
04-07-2007, 11:10 AM
KROQ had the same and Beasties were # 1 also, but it was a bad top 5. Sublime got #2 over U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana. And I think it was top 105 Live 105 bands and it was top 106.7 KROQ bands ever.

Im I am sorry everyone! I misread the post. I am an idiot.

menikmati
04-07-2007, 01:58 PM
huh?

suprefan
04-07-2007, 02:35 PM
The list of the 5 worst bands had the Beastie's, Sublime, U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana?
Thats just fucking ignorant. I can understand why people dont like those bands. And they have every right to not like them. However, 5 WORST bands? Thats a HUGE statement. I can think of a ton of worse bands than any of those ones. Perhaps it would have been better called "overrated" bands. I would still strongly disagree with that list, but calling them the 5 worst bands its just plain stupid.

Where the hell did you get "5 worst bnds" from? I was comparing KROQs list to Live 105's list of "THE BEST" and I was saying the Top 5 BEST from KROQ could have been BETTER considering they put Sublime at #2 AND Beasties #1.

LEARN HOW TO READ BEFORE YOU REPLY

woogie846
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
The list of the 5 worst bands had the Beastie's, Sublime, U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana?
Thats just fucking ignorant. I can understand why people dont like those bands. And they have every right to not like them. However, 5 WORST bands? Thats a HUGE statement. I can think of a ton of worse bands than any of those ones. Perhaps it would have been better called "overrated" bands. I would still strongly disagree with that list, but calling them the 5 worst bands its just plain stupid.

Seriously man, reading comprehension.

dvdestrd
04-08-2007, 02:03 AM
BFD is HORRIBLE!!!! The shoreline has to be one of the worst venues in the bay area. they could at least have it at the pier where they usualy have warp tour and such. at least that would be flat and you dont have to worry about stumbling on the hill if you get GA.

suprefan
04-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Shoreline has its ups and downs as a venue, but shoot are you really going to complain that 75% of the bands that play are on the side stage that is GA and you can be comfy(if you have seats) for the main stage ones? They would never change venues just on the fact of the logistics to do it all. And bedies, Not So Silent Night is at the Bill Graham every year and thats entirely GA, so stop griping. Either go to it and have fun or dont at all its that easy.

menikmati
04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
AFI should headline BFD every year

suprefan
04-08-2007, 03:35 PM
So it can sell out? Actually the side stage last year was really good, they usually excel in that department.

mchertron
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
BFD has been good in the past with echo the bunnyman , the strokes , yeah yeah yeahs and a lot more. I dont listen to radio much anymore but if I I'm going to listen to alternative music live 105 is the best in the U.S for it. should check out sound check and the other bits on the station real nicee. they play Air and daft punk on the station and bloc party and yeah its alright.

Warped tour is not going to be at the piers in sf which sucks,, even though I havnt been to warped in like 2 years but I imagin warped and its music is slowly growing apart, as well as the fans.

suprefan
04-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Warped tour is not going to be at the piers in sf which sucks,, even though I havnt been to warped in like 2 years but I imagin warped and its music is slowly growing apart, as well as the fans.

The reason its not on the pier this year is because The San Francisco Giants cannot allow another event to be happening the same day as a home game, so Warped had to deal with it and move it to Shoreline, I imagine just the parking lot though not actually inside the venue.

I Can't Feel My Face
04-08-2007, 05:13 PM
i hate shoreline because it's so damn far.

suprefan
04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
i hate shoreline because it's so damn far.

Where do you live? I live in L.A. and have gone to a few BFD's and other concerts there so dont give me "its far" if you live like in the bay area and it kills you to drive maybe an hour and change.

I Can't Feel My Face
04-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Where do you live? I live in L.A. and have gone to a few BFD's and other concerts there so dont give me "its far" if you live like in the bay area and it kills you to drive maybe an hour and change.

i live in oakland and take the BART everywhere. i'm going to rent a car to see bjork, but anybody else, i'd skip because there are way too many good shows in SF.When i did live in LA though i wouldn't go further than san diego. i'm not into traveling long distances, but that's me.

Snosurf
04-08-2007, 09:05 PM
i live in oakland and take the BART everywhere...... i'm not into traveling long distances, but that's me.

Well, don't even consider coming to Australia then....mate.
(not because we don't want you here - just because EVERYWHERE is far away!)

scoop49er
04-08-2007, 09:10 PM
last years bfd i went to and honestly i always have more fun with the side stage then the main stage. i hate there is no ga option up front.. but last year we saw the sounds, wolfmother, she wants revenge, panic at the disco, ok go, hard-fi, yeah yeah yeahs, etc. the main had franz, strokes, afi, him, overall a very good show last year. they usually announce the lineup first week of may right? ive been to 5 of them. always a good day of music.

scoop49er
04-08-2007, 09:39 PM
the rumors i hear about bfd07 from friends in the biz say the potential lineup has the white stripes, jet, kaiser chiefs, lily allen, blue october, papa roach, hot hot heat, etc. remember this comes from 3rd party sources, but it is always interesting to specualte. :) 18 days till coachella!! :)-

scoop49er
04-08-2007, 09:46 PM
oh and shhhhhhhh........... NIN.............

I Can't Feel My Face
04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, don't even consider coming to Australia then....mate.
(not because we don't want you here - just because EVERYWHERE is far away!)

i made sure i ducked so the sarcasm pendulum wouldn't crush my body.

bballarl
04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
BFD was good last year and 04, as well as 03. 05 was such a tremendously bad lineup. It's always fun, though Shoreline isn't my favorite.

Jakewc151
04-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Been to BFD 3 years in a row since 2003. They never fail at giving me a good time. Shoreline sucks because of its shitty location and also the fact that in order to really get a good seat you gotta pay top fucking dollar (spent 135$ to sit 4th row at the Download festival, but was worth it because I fuckin got to dance with beck!).

sk8r408
04-09-2007, 09:50 PM
the rumors i hear about bfd07 from friends in the biz say the potential lineup has the white stripes, jet, kaiser chiefs, lily allen, blue october, papa roach, hot hot heat, etc. remember this comes from 3rd party sources, but it is always interesting to specualte. :) 18 days till coachella!! :)-

I hope you're right.

I do HATE this venue though.

rage patton
04-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Thats where I got that idea from. Sorry. I thought you meant they made a list of the top 5 bad bands like... the top 5 worst bands. And I was just saying how bad of a bad top 5 that would have been. However, I misread it. And now I feel like an idiot.

scoop49er
04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
the noisettes have been added so we have bloc party and the noisettes. so far. announcement comes i belive at the end of april.

suprefan
04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
the noisettes have been added so we have bloc party and the noisettes. so far. announcement comes i belive at the end of april.

Shiny Toy Guns and The Faint are on this too dude. They announce a week after Coachella, they cant do any promo until after that is done.

Thats where I got that idea from. Sorry. I thought you meant they made a list of the top 5 bad bands like... the top 5 worst bands. And I was just saying how bad of a bad top 5 that would have been. However, I misread it. And now I feel like an idiot.

Yeah ya better, and next time read, think, then type.

dorkfish
04-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Bloc Party
The Kaiser Chiefs
Shiny Toy Guns
The Lovemakers
The Faint
The Noisettes
The Bravery

Nothing life changing yet, and it's at Shoreline, so I'm passing.

scoop49er
04-14-2007, 06:14 PM
thats a good supporting lineup interested to see who they get as a headliner. white stripes are out. just got added to a show outside the us. ive gone 5 times before and i always have more fun at the second stage. i hate going to the seats for the main stage acts. the vibe is never as good as during the day. everyone is cold and drunk and u cant get close due to the seats. oh well, ill get lawn tix and relax that way this year. ive got enough festivals on my plate as it is.

suprefan
04-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Bloc Party
The Kaiser Chiefs
Shiny Toy Guns
The Lovemakers
The Faint
The Noisettes
The Bravery

Nothing life changing yet, and it's at Shoreline, so I'm passing.

Too bad I will be in Vegas to see Morrissey or I would go this year, I bet you Interpol is on this line up also. Sucky that Arcade Fire is in town the week before or they wouldve been on it for sure.

mistdevil
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM

lol thats some whack peeps..especially papa roach and blue october...ewwwww

suprefan
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Lily is out I will say that, if she cancelled her whole tour post Coachella well thats out.

devachan
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I think I read that wrong. My bad.

scoop49er
04-18-2007, 08:27 AM
yeah lily allen seems out unless shes gets a boost of energy but doubt it. white stripes are out as well. i thought the lineup last year was great. discovered the sounds, she wants revenge, wolfmother, etc etc. the strokes were a bore. franz was ok afi was good. overall a good show.

Caitlin
04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh em eff gee. I'm definitely going to this, I love The Lovemakers but I'll be in it for Shiny Toy Guns - I'm in love with their stuff, amazing band. This is going to be kick ass.

Ardentbiscuit
04-18-2007, 08:38 AM
It looks like a good start on the line up!

suprefan
04-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I got some more that odds are will be on BFD.

Queens of the Stone Age
Plain White T's
Silversun Pickups
Cold War Kids

So add that to:

Bloc Party
The Kaiser Chiefs
Shiny Toy Guns
The Lovemakers
The Faint
The Noisettes
The Bravery

And its pretty solid.

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Queens of the Stone Age
Plain White T's

It keeps getting better! Well, I dunno, its hard to top Shiny Toy Guns for me.

xxxxxxxxxx
04-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Noisettes are great live.

gmoneyak
04-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I got some more that odds are will be on BFD.

Queens of the Stone Age
Plain White T's
Silversun Pickups
Cold War Kids

So add that to:

Bloc Party
The Kaiser Chiefs
Shiny Toy Guns
The Lovemakers
The Faint
The Noisettes
The Bravery

And its pretty solid.

Sounds fairly decent... Closer to my neck of the woods, how much do the tix usually go for?? I've actually never heard of this event before..

suprefan
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
This is like the 15th one they have done. Tickets are about $50 for seats and $30 for lawn. The side stage is done Warped Tour style with 2 stages side by side, so when one act finishes the next one is up. Expect the line up to have about 15 - 18 bands after its all announced. Go to www.live105.com amd sign up on their e mail list so you can get pre sale info and all that in the next couple of weeks.

Caitlin
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
This is like the 15th one they have done. Tickets are about $50 for seats and $30 for lawn. The side stage is done Warped Tour style with 2 stages side by side, so when one act finishes the next one is up. Expect the line up to have about 15 - 18 bands after its all announced. Go to www.live105.com amd sign up on their e mail list so you can get pre sale info and all that in the next couple of weeks.

Ive been signed up for a few months now, thank God. Presales<3

Basskitten85
04-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Been to lots of BFD's but i do have to say the sound set up at shoreline kinda sucks. But at least AFI sounded great.

SFChrissy
04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
You people talking all this shit 'bout shoreline must not be local...I love shoreline...sure beats the pants off blockbuster pavilian. Did BFD 2 years ago I think and I was BLOWN away at how good foo fighters were live...I never liked them before I saw them casue they were too mainstream and I'm a fan of Nirvana's Bleach era...but when I heard how loud they played...I was converted...they are kickass live!!!

whynotsmile99
04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Just a heads up for those interested...

there's another little festival going down at the Ventura Fairgrounds June 8th.

KJEE's Seaside Beach Ball featuring Chris Cornell, Queens of the Stone Age, Sum 41, The Bravery, Plain White T's, Shiny Toy Guns, Silversun Pickups, Cold War Kids & more.

I wouldn't make a trip out of it, but for Cornell, Queens, Silversun Picks and Cold War Kids it's worth the 35 bucks i'm sure.

I'm a 5 minute walk from the fairgrounds so if anyone wants to get trashed before hand hit me up.

gmoneyak
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Thanx... I'll be checking it this year, fuck it!!

You people talking all this shit 'bout shoreline must not be local...I love shoreline...sure beats the pants off blockbuster pavilian. Did BFD 2 years ago I think and I was BLOWN away at how good foo fighters were live...I never liked them before I saw them casue they were too mainstream and I'm a fan of Nirvana's Bleach era...but when I heard how loud they played...I was converted...they are kickass live!!!

Blockbuster Pavilion.... if it's anything like the one in Phoenix, yeah... That place sucks!!

ThomThom
04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Although Shoreline is not particularly one of my favorite venues I did enjoy last years BFD quite a bit, want to see Bjork and Newsome there but I have to go to a fucking wedding on that day...bleh

scoop49er
04-20-2007, 07:06 PM
im ok with shoreline when it comes to the second stage setup. i can get to the beer garden and its right out there so i can hear the bands. i just dont like there is no general admission (pit tickets) up front. here in sacramento, the sleep train amphitheatre is setup just like shoreline but has the pit seats and fuck i love the sleep train!! but the lawn is cool at both places. i think the sac one is better overall though..

they used to have bfd on fridays but now with so cal having festivals as well, usually there are 2-3 festivasl going on the same weekend in cali so artists just make the rounds so if u go by the ventura festival, bfd will probably look the same...

suprefan
04-21-2007, 03:33 AM
BFD and Weenie Roast use to be back to back. But since KROQ started to have it mid May, now Live 105 decided to keep it in June. And yeah last year they started doing it Saturday since a fest like the KJEE one can happen and they can share most of the bands. Also they will sell more tickets since a lot of people cant make a day out of it on a Friday even with school almost out. BFD still needs a "headliner". I say Queens is second to last to play so they got somebody good.(hopefully)

breakjaw
04-23-2007, 06:09 AM
I wish The Faint was playing Coachella.I missed them in '05.Did they play at night?

marx_christ
04-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I found the official list for BFD on the website, if you search for BFD on the live 105 site it takes you to a list of confirmed bands and the flyer...
The bands areBloc Party, Social distortion, Queens of the Stone Age, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs, The Faint, Silversun Pickups, The Bravery, Cold War Kids, CSS, Sum 41, Shiny Toy Guns, Tiger Army, The lovemakers, Street to Nowhere, Scissors For Lefty, The Matches, Honeycut, Audrye Sessions, Poor Baily, Minipop, Every Move a Picture and Immigrant.

Heres a link to it...

http://live105.com/pages/361190.php

captaincool01
04-29-2007, 04:53 AM
I heard this crazy bastard was going to show up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21bqEYBObxQ

Let's have our fingers crossed...

mistdevil
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
WOOT FAINT, INTERPOL, SILVERSUN!!!

suprefan
05-01-2007, 09:43 PM
If you didnt see it.

http://imgsrv.live105.com/image/kits/UserFiles/BFD-flyer-friday1.gif

mistdevil
06-04-2007, 03:21 PM
OH YEAH THIS WEEKEND!

Mr.Nipples
06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
well it looks like i may attending this little shindig after all...should be fun...

GnarVee
06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
just like what the posting says....only problem is that my Daft Punk tickets have yet to arrive at my doorstep....I do have proof that I did purchase the tickets through TICKETMASTER....got a email confromation proving it....as soon as I get the tickets I will deliver them personally to YOUR doorstep....I know this is a LONGSHOT....I am a HUGE concert fan and have never been to BFD....(The line-up is AMAZING)....if you got a pair or even one to spare.... I would be most greatful....would be the best birthday present EVER....not to mention I turned 21 this year WOOHOO!....I will buy you drinks/smoke you out at the show....if you need a ride to the show YOU GOT IT!....thanks for reading.....-Andrew*

*(very honest person)

mistdevil
06-11-2007, 01:50 AM
This Festival was awesome. INTERPOL ROCKED!

Caitlin
06-11-2007, 05:13 AM
I missed the only two bands(Shiny Toy Guns, The Lovemakers) I bought the ticket for in the first place because my boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to do acid for his first time ever the night before and therefor didn't sleep AT ALL - and made me stay up with him.

mistdevil
06-11-2007, 05:54 PM
that sucks.. STG was pretty good.