PDA

View Full Version : Best way to Indio from Midwest???

GrumpyCoMoFo
04-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I have looked it up on Mapquest......it says about 24 hours. Anyone know of the best way? (Coming from Missouri) They have me going through Tulsa (Oklahoma), Amarillo (Texas), Albuquerque, Phoenix, then Indio. Let me know if you got something else......

C DUB YA
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
that sounds about right

roberto73
04-04-2007, 11:01 PM
That works. You can also stay on the 40 after Albuquerque and go through Flagstaff instead of Phoenix. This brings you in slightly from the north, and might take a little longer, but you'd get to cut through Joshua Tree National Park from 29 Palms (not to mention the Grand Canyon is just a stone's throw from Flagstaff). This is far more scenic than the godforsaken highway through eastern California. The drive from Blythe at the border is just unbearable.

If this alternate way sounds like something you want to do, you can pm me and I'll give you more specific directions.

Michelle
04-05-2007, 04:35 AM
where in MO are you coming from?? i live in kansas city. (i am flying though... sorry.) just curious as to where any other midwest people are coming from? glad others are making the trek! it is well worth it!

GrumpyCoMoFo
04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
we're coming from Columbia, MO. it's just my roommate and I. the girls that we were going to go with (surprise) backed out. they are trying to sell their tickets.....

gaypalmsprings
04-06-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.swingerhead.com/images/jetpackHome.jpg

bauerctu75
04-18-2007, 01:23 AM
The best way to Coachella from the Midwest? IN A FUCKING AIRPLANE! I did the car-trip thing last year....ARGH! It fucking SUCKED. Though Utah is strangely beautiful. But my God, by the time I got there, I needed a couple of days of rest.

menikmati
04-18-2007, 07:50 AM
avoid phoenix traffic