PDA

View Full Version : Can't afford any hotels, and am 17. Do I have any options left?

doctorshawki
01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
A friend of mine (also 17,) and I will be going to weekend 2, but can't do car camping due to a lack of of a car and someone 18+.

The worst part is that I turn 18 like a week after weekend 2.

We can't afford any of the hotels, and can't find any camping areas that take minors.

I would appreciate any offers/advice.

bebop
01-27-2013, 02:15 PM
wal mart

heart cooks brain
Yourr fucked. Better start slingin' that P around.

Zafocaine
Goat meat, anyone?

Redundant567
01-27-2013, 02:25 PM
wal mart

^this, but you'd still need a car. How are you getting to the festival?

doctorshawki
01-27-2013, 02:30 PM
My friend's dad works for United, so we're getting free plane tickets, (we're from the Bay Area.) I supposed we would take a cab, since neither of us have cars.

Redundant567
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
If you are coming in from LAX, I'd highly advise against a cab since it is going to be expensive. You should try to hook up with one of the carpools here on the forum, hey they might even have room in their campground if you're lucky. Without a car or the option to rent one, it doesn't leave very many alternatives for you.

Zafocaine
01-27-2013, 02:54 PM
If you are coming in from LAX, I'd highly advise against a cab since it is going to be expensive. You should try to hook up with one of the carpools here on the forum, hey they might even have room in their campground if you're lucky. Without a car or the option to rent one, it doesn't leave very many alternatives for you.

I tried using the carpool thread my first year going to Coachella. Some RSW with a multi-account said they would pick me up around 2pm on that Thursday, and didn't call or show up by 5, so I got a ride out from someone not attending. The point being, don't rely on anyone you meet here. Make sure you have enough cash to get you where you need to go, and back.

Iamwelting
01-27-2013, 03:20 PM
You can camp with my group if you hook me up with two free flights from Maine.

AeroplaneJunkie
01-27-2013, 04:27 PM
i knew that feel last year. i was 17. i camped. they didn't ID. problem solved.

dcbell05
01-27-2013, 10:44 PM
There's nothing really stopping you from entering the campgrounds on foot after a show. Heck, I don't think I ever saw people on foot getting their ID checked when walking in from any of the entrances.

There are carpools from the bay and from La area. I'd recommend seeing if you can carpool and camp with a group. They drive in to camping with your stuff, you enter by foot at one of the many entrances. Now, go make some 18+ friends on the board.