PDA

View Full Version : "No open flames (GPS we are not talking about you)"

CaseSensitive
01-25-2013, 10:33 AM
(Editing because at the bottom of this page, it referenced a similar post from 2011, although I swear I did a forum search first. D'oh. Still funny though!)

Haha! Is this GayPalmSprings Reference old news? I was reading to see if any rules for car camping have changed and saw this joke for GayPalmsprings. Pretty funny.

Onsite Camping Rules

All camping attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a vaild I.D. or be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Sorry NO exceptions.
Each camping attendee must have their OWN festival pass for entrance.
Onsite camping opens Thursday, April 11, 2013, at 9:00am and closes on Monday, April 15, 2013 at noon. Early arrival is highly recommended. Cars can check in at 9am on Thursday until 2am, and starting at 9am FRI-Sun (until 11PM). 24 hours for pedestrians.
All general car & tent campers can visit each others camp sites.
There will be on-site security at all times as well as first aid stations open 24/7.
Venue/Promoter are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended you don't bring valuable items or if you do, please lock them in your car for safety.
Please be advised all car camping lots will be on lock down between the hours of 10pm and 2am nightly. Cars Camping will NOT be allowed to exit during those times. If you need to leave car camping prior to Sunday after 2am you must do so before 10pm.
NO Wrapped / Sponsored Vehicles. Your Car/Truck/Van/Vehicle will be turned away at the Toll Booth if it has Ads / Marketing / Sponsors / Company Logos on it. No branded / logo'd easy ups or tents allowed.
All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry.
Confiscated items are considered forfeited upon entry. There is NO guarantee of return regardless of what any random guard tells you.
Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping. Refer to FAQ's below as to what is allowed.
No camping between weekends
No glass containers, weapons, drug paraphernalia or drugs allowed
No animals will be allowed in the campground.
No open flames (GPS we are not talking about you)
No Tiki Torches
No metal tent stakes
No Fireworks or any types of explosives
Campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers. Noise curfew at 1:30am.
Please note: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the first one from your group that arrives. This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Noise curfew 1:30am... wasn't it a lot earlier in prior years?

amyzzz
01-25-2013, 11:18 AM
hahaha that is funny

billtino
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
That's been in the Camping Rule for at least two previous chellas now.

CaseSensitive
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
That's been in the Camping Rule for at least two previous chellas now.
Right :) I am talking about the GayPalmSprings part. Thought it was pretty funny.

billtino
01-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes, the reference to GPS has been in the camping rules section for at least a couple years now.

canexplain
01-26-2013, 05:50 PM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/wakarusa1/burningman_zpse80b7b66.jpg cr****

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/Gay_Called_zps38004b6b.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/gay2_zpsf6da9d0e.png