PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that Eminem has agreed to perform?

dorkfish
12-04-2006, 10:34 AM
That's what my SOURCES* are telling me.

full on idle
12-05-2006, 06:16 AM
I don't like him.

thefunkylama
12-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes but that kitten is to die for.

dualmoodswings
12-05-2006, 04:40 PM
that would be a performance to remember

jamesc2929
01-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Oh GOOOOOOODY!
Let's make the 2007 Coachella fest a TOTAL LOSER and have this brain dead moron take up stage time from artists who arew not real life animated cartoon charcaters.

Boourns
01-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Limp Bizkit and Staind can headline the other nights. ANGER MANAGEMENT...in the desert!

bartelby
01-19-2007, 07:42 AM
it'll be like woodstock '99 all over again....

how fun

psychic friend
01-19-2007, 08:33 AM
:yyablo

Yookeroo
01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh GOOOOOOODY!
Let's make the 2007 Coachella fest a TOTAL LOSER and have this brain dead moron take up stage time from artists who arew not real life animated cartoon charcaters.

Like the Gorillaz!

woogie846
01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Limp Bizkit and Staind can headline the other nights. ANGER MANAGEMENT...in the desert!

fred durst shout out!

like a caesar
01-30-2007, 05:49 PM
i'm not sure if any of you have ever listened to eminem but there's actually a reason that he is often dubbed the second or third best rapper of all time after various others including 2pac and biggie (it depends on the list, personally not the biggest biggie fan). his lyrical wordplay is possibly the most impressive of any rapper that has ever hit the "mainstream", and he hit it quite hard, but from talent not hype. i've been a fan since the slim shady lp and i've always wanted to see him but i've never had the chance and it would be amazing if i had the opportunity...

...but there's no way in hell he's coming to coachella

vinylmartyr
01-30-2007, 07:11 PM
brad brad brad brad

dorkfish
01-30-2007, 07:14 PM
12-04-2006, 10:34 AM

malomakaio-
01-30-2007, 08:03 PM
seriously? i've seen that performance at Madison Square Garden and it was HORRIBLE and BORING.

Carlo Von Sexron
01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
i'm not sure if any of you have ever listened to eminem but there's actually a reason that he is often dubbed the second or third best rapper of all time after various others including 2pac and biggie (it depends on the list, personally not the biggest biggie fan). his lyrical wordplay is possibly the most impressive of any rapper that has ever hit the "mainstream", and he hit it quite hard, but from talent not hype. i've been a fan since the slim shady lp and i've always wanted to see him but i've never had the chance and it would be amazing if i had the opportunity...

Singing about Will Smith, Christina Aguilera, N Sync, another rapper singing about how "he's back!", etc....Yeah, that's all real clever. Timeless stuff, right there.
I'm not just ripping on Eminem cause it's the cool hipster thing to do, but he is arguably the most overrated artist in pop music history.

garrett222
01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
i'd be there watching...just like i was for madonna...pure curiosity.

DenverSanFranConnection
01-31-2007, 02:27 AM
i saw him with Bizkit when i was an angry fat kid, and i have to say that while i kind of hated rap at the time that Eminem actually put on one of the best performances i have ever seen.

That white boy can really do his shit!

I do however loathe everything about him up until and after showtime.

JClemy
01-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Rap shows are so hit or miss though. I like Eminem but I don't know about a live show.

apachedino
01-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Actually saw him at the warped tour like 8 years ago and it was awful, and I actually like eminem. But most rap shows are bad. Looking forward to the Roots though, I hear they are sick live.

TESTIFYTHIS
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
i'd take a poor live set from eminem over bajork anyday.

SFChrissy
02-02-2007, 02:50 PM

Thank you...glad I wasn't the only one...Now I know the real truth 'bout that dirty material girl

SFChrissy
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Looking forward to the Roots though, I hear they are sick live.

They are insane!!! Seen 'em 4 times and not only are they grooving but all of a sudden they'll unexpectedly bust out rocking...like "Ironman" couldn't believe my ears

They haven't played the same show for me once...everytime is a surprise!!!

JoeW88
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Singing about Will Smith, Christina Aguilera, N Sync, another rapper singing about how "he's back!", etc....Yeah, that's all real clever. Timeless stuff, right there.
I'm not just ripping on Eminem cause it's the cool hipster thing to do, but he is arguably the most overrated artist in pop music history.

I think 'like a caesar' was probably referring to the assonance and flowing intonation within his lyrics, and the ability to change vocal pace back and forth without losing the beat. Rather than the fact he raps about Will Smith(in one of his songs). As an English Language student I can listen to Eminem sometimes and be fascinated by it on a linguistic level.

Meadowsmeister
02-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Is it true Eminem is gay?

YES IT IS, MY MAN! YES IT IS!

Meadowsmeister
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I edited the above quote, sorry mr ceaser.

But Immortal technique is the only good american rapper.
Looptroop for europe!

dorkfish
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I edited the above quote, sorry mr ceaser.

But Immortal technique is the only good american rapper.
Looptroop for europe!
Immortal Technique was born in Peru.

There are hundreds of good American rappers, though.

kaeso
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM

this just shows ignorance about his lyrical content, for the most part his lyrics have a confessional quality and if you pay attention to them they reveal a very complicated person, he ranges from joking and silly to dark and psychotic. In addition to this, he has an amazingly adaptive and creative flow.

mozabilly54
02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
god i hope not.

Balthazar B
02-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I'd rather hack off my cock with a rusty spoon than attend a festival with Eminem on the bill...

how embarassing.

SilverHaze81
02-04-2007, 01:43 AM

are you kidding me??
Dr Dre? Rakim? Brand Nubian? where do they place??
Vanilla Ice? Hammer? come on..

F*ckin with ya..Eminem was tight in concert..you guys talking shit have narrow minds..pull it out of your ass you damn hippies

SojuGorae
02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I'd love to see him there.

shwagnut420
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Actually saw him at the warped tour like 8 years ago and it was awful, and I actually like eminem. But most rap shows are bad. Looking forward to the Roots though, I hear they are sick live.

The Roots are sick live!! I've seen it, i swear!!!

danielcampoverde@hotmail.
02-06-2007, 12:49 AM
this are terrible news... if this happend i'm asking for my money back he could be the only one reason to make me sell my tickets, i hate eminem and i rather stay home than to listen to him and his rap music

Mo'rage
02-06-2007, 06:50 AM
The Roots are alright nothing to get too excited about though. Just a little better than your average hip hop show. They're kinda like J5 that you feel everything is rehearsed and packaged, even the "freestyles".

vinylmartyr
02-06-2007, 06:57 AM
uhhh I would have to disagree with you on that one. I have seen both J5 and The Roots 10 times apiece the last ten years. The Roots are the seminal hip hop act today. They are far from "rehearsed and packaged". Now J5 on the other hand has lost it they just don't seem hungry anymore.

Mo'rage
02-06-2007, 07:12 AM
You could be right, that's what it seemed like to me. Only have seen them twice and not the same year. Last time I saw them was at coach in 01. The crowd was sort of into it but not really crazy. Some of their show was good, but a lot of was just ehh.

indiekid89
02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
That would suck!!!!!
Eminem Fucking Sucks ass & balls... Big ones!!!!!!!
That would kill Coachella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingdumb
02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
....talk about out of place

breakjaw
02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
....talk about out of place
http://imageigloo.com/images/801product_detail_g_said.gif

Sexecutioner
02-08-2007, 05:48 PM
ive seen eminem live. it was pretty damn good, actually. i dont think he fits in with the coachella vibe though. coachella usually tries to book artists with a more positive message. i love eminem, and think he is very talented as far as his flow and his beats go, but his lyrical content could use some depth to it. all he talks about is himself.

I-predict-a-riot
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM

thanks for that. The fact that nearly everyone was watching Madonna made for an AMAZING Mogwai set last year......AMAZING!!!!!

David_w
02-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh GOOOOOOODY!

You must be the brain dead moron. I'm not into Eminem that much (only his first album) and I really don't like his new stuff, but that doesn't matter. I accept him as a musician, and I accept that people wants to have some bands on the lineup even though I don't like them. Accept others questions/needs and if you really hate eminem that much - don't show up? What's the big deal? Fool.

fatboy192
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM

i would have to agree that all of his released singles are a bit shit but the thing i love about eminem is the hidden gems that are on his albums that would never make it on to a radio, everyone's gotta love "criminal"!!

happyguy23
02-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Never gonna happen but I'd love it if it did. You people who are saying he's overrated must have just heard his singles, not albums. I'm not the biggest rap fan but have to admit that Eminem is damn good. Not as good as The Roots though, I saw them at Leeds festival a few years ago (because they were on between two bands I wanted to see) and I was blown away. The bassist made his bass make sounds I didn't think the instrument was capable of.

ocpathfinder
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
My nine is liftin ya, six feet when I spray rounds
Hit you with 12 shots in mid-air and four more on the way down
as eight strays graze through a kid's hair on the playground
You lay down on a stretcher (Don't get carried away now!)
No pun intended, just hop out of your whip
and leave it un-attended before I whip out this gun and end it
Unless you want it dented with bullet holes any minute
Cause I can leave your Infinite full of those even if someone's in it
Snatch the airbag, hit the corner and park it
Corner the market, I got her tied up in a chair and gagged
Bitches get smacked and grabbed by the hair and dragged
like cavewomen, while I'm gravediggin with Marilyn Man'

ghettojournalist
02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
he'd have to play the first half of mm lp for it to be a good show.

teknolog1c(mikeB)
08-25-2010, 01:52 PM
i'd take a poor live set from eminem over bajork anyday.

Haha amen to that man. so many people on these threads talk about how great bjork and i've given her a chance many times and she is fucking horrible. some of the worst music i've ever heard and her fans are all smug assholes that hate on anything mainstream, when in fact bjork is pretty mainstream. i'd take ANYONE over bjork, literally.

JustSteve
08-25-2010, 01:54 PM
great bump of a 3 1/2 year old thread :thu

menikmati
08-25-2010, 01:59 PM
cool story bro

obzen
08-25-2010, 02:02 PM
What a moron.

sacleonard
08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
:rolleyes

SoulDischarge
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
The root of Brad's sig?

dorkfish
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
No. It this is from years ago, so my signature was something like "*completely false" or what have you.

I'm also fairly certain that this was a parody thread.

GuyInTucson
08-25-2010, 05:04 PM
It's funny how this would be received better now than at the time this theread was created.

People support so much mediocre music on this board that I find it funny that people are worried about if someone like Eminem or Kanye perform.

Coachella Bound
08-25-2010, 05:30 PM
It's funny how this would be received better now than at the time this theread was created.

People support so much mediocre music on this board that I find it funny that people are worried about if someone like Eminem or Kanye perform.

not true... Eminem still blowzzzz... keep him far away.

obzen
08-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Eminem is already headlining a music festival in SoCal next month - Paul Tollett knows better than to have him headline the quintessential Californian music festival 6 months later.

BROKENDOLL
08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
So, no appreciation for Eminem from you guys? (I know it's an old thread, but like GuyinTucson said, he should be better received this time around.) In any case, I wouldn't balk if he were on the lineup. I know if he were ever able to do all his songs in chronological order, it would save me the trouble of having to read his autobiography.

gaypalmsprings
05-22-2012, 06:46 AM
He'll never be invited.

Bodie
05-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Would love to see this

heart cooks brain
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
He'll never be invited.

he already accepted his invite and appeared.

Larry Farnsworth
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Please God and (Big) Baby Jesus, no.

Krellish
05-25-2012, 07:40 AM
this are terrible news... if this happend i'm asking for my money back he could be the only one reason to make me sell my tickets, i hate eminem and i rather stay home than to listen to him and his rap music

..Then just don't watch his set?

The great thing about well-run music festivals is that you usually have more than one option as to who you'd like to watch perform.

I hope you were making hyperbolic statement without thinking it through.. Either way its a bit of an over-reaction.

heart cooks brain
05-25-2012, 08:00 AM
that post was from 5 years ago. Eminem was not booked.