Relic
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Only you can make this happen!

bemerritt
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
well, you knew there would be one...

ManImCool
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
They are obviously going to come out for a surprise during Phoenix. Obviously.

/thread

gregatron
01-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Might as well start a Daft Punk 2015 thread while we're at it.

Sensuality
01-25-2013, 11:58 AM
This is the thread that never ends.... And it goes on and on my friends... some people started posting it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting shit forever just because...

Miroir Noir
01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-17ZTQugLvWo/TXvTZwsQTxI/AAAAAAAAAXY/z0s-XVgKBGk/s1600/prohibitionsign.jpghttp://www.90minds.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/delete.jpg

travelfan
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Jesus, I want them there as much as anybody, but ENOUGH! 75% of the people whining about Daft Punk on Facebook incessantly obviously know nothing about them, seeing as they don't seem to understand that they AREN'T CURRENTLY TOURING and haven't for many years now, but yet they seem to assume they can just call these two dudes up and get them any year they want.

If they were available, they would be on the poster. They aren't. They will not be an addition. They will not come out after Phoenix. Stop it.

Zafocaine
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
This is actually a good idea. The only way you're going to get DP on the lineup next year is if you protest buying tickets and attending the festival this year. Go ahead. I'll buy the tickets you don't buy =)

Zafocaine
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Jesus, I want them there as much as anybody, but ENOUGH! 75% of the people whining about Daft Punk on Facebook incessantly obviously know nothing about them, seeing as they don't seem to understand that they AREN'T CURRENTLY TOURING and haven't for many years now, but yet they seem to assume they can just call these two dudes up and get them any year they want.

If they were available, they would be on the poster. They aren't. They will not be an addition. They will not come out after Phoenix. Stop it.

They're going to come out DURING Phoenix. Phoenix will pick their shit up during Robot Rock, and will never be heard from again. God, I tell a beautiful story. Brings tears to my eyes.

StarsAreBurning
01-25-2013, 12:49 PM
funny that this thread started today, I had actually heard today from one of my good friends that daft punk WILL be playing this year. His boss recently had lunch with their manager (apparently old friends) In his words, "nothing is confirmed as of right now", but he heard that DP will be releasing their new album in the first half of 2013, also Co-Headlining saturday night w/ phoenix on the main stage as a late addition. Apparently a major tour is in the works as well for the second half of 2013. Anyway...grain of salt and all that shit.

seitron
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
funny that this thread started today, I had actually heard today from one of my good friends that daft punk WILL be playing this year. His boss recently had lunch with their manager (apparently old friends) In his words, "nothing is confirmed as of right now", but he heard that DP will be releasing their new album in the first half of 2013, also Co-Headlining saturday night w/ phoenix on the main stage as a late addition. Apparently a major tour is in the works as well for the second half of 2013. Anyway...grain of salt and all that shit.

A grain of salt is too big for this.

vertin
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
lolololol

breakinglikewaves
01-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Fuck a duck. A dafty duck

mrhand
01-25-2013, 02:19 PM

You seem to have misplaced your 9th-grade English fiction writing assignment.

StarsAreBurning
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
You seem to have misplaced your 9th-grade English fiction writing assignment.

you seem to think you are some kind of observational jokester that people on this forum find amusing.

keep trying though man, im loving these one liner zingers.

mrhand
01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
you seem to think you are some kind of observational jokester that people on this forum find amusing.

keep trying though man, im loving these one liner zingers.

There are only three possibilities here:

(1) Your friend doesn't exist and you're full of shit. 80% probability.
(2) Your actual friend is feeding you actual shit and you're just too fucking stupid to realize it. 19.99999999999999% probability.
(3) Your friend exists and he's telling the truth. .00000000000001% probability.

Are you interested on placing a wager on the third option at the current odds?

StarsAreBurning
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM

(2) Your actual friend is feeding you actual shit and you're just too fucking stupid to realize it. 19.99999999999999% probability.
(3) Your friend exists and he's telling the truth. .00000000000001% probability.

sure. ill bet you a beer in the beer gardens if:

1. daft releases their new album in the first half of this year
2. daft releases tour dates after said album release
3. daft makes a late addition/guest appearance at this years coachella.

my source is legit. he was right about the recording of the album. heres the original post:

Re: Daft Punk 2013
Ok, so i am aware most of you will rip this apart & flame away, but i wanted to share with you what one of my good friends shared with me last Friday.

i heard from a friend that has worked down in LA with Chromeo, Dido & Taylor Swift & lots of other projects. Lately he says hes been recently working with Swedish producer Max Martin on a new Daft Punk album at Conway Recording Studios. So naturally I asked about some recording details & a Coachella 2013 possibility. He said in the studio they may have recorded around 17 tracks (not completed songs) and that DP was "in their own world" & "secretive" and were also working on "production elements for live performance integration" in the studio as they recorded. When i asked about Coachella, he says that its possible, but hasn't heard anything specific from the bands camp or the sound crew he was working with if anything was finalized.

I asked what the release date was & he said he heard that it was an "early spring release date" and i asked the possibility of a 3/13/13 release date & he said that "sounds about right".

Take this with a grain of salt, i'm not saying any of this is 100% true, but he is a good friend of mine.

so yeah, fuel for the speculation fire.

turned out to be true: http://www.thedaftclub.com/2012/12/21/bassist-nathan-east-to-perform-on-new-daft-punk-album/

and more proof here: http://twitter.com/NathanEast/status/47779999712935936

so why would he be wrong about this new info? Im sorry you think everyone on here are know-nothing trolls who make up shit for fun, but some of us actually know what we are talking about.

nationocean
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
I REALLY... REALLY DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAFT PUNK ANYMORE... lets just try not to say their name or think about them for like... the whole year? Can we all just do that? please?!

mrhand
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
sure. ill bet you a beer in the beer gardens if:

1. daft releases their new album in the first half of this year
2. daft releases tour dates after said album release
3. daft makes a late addition/guest appearance at this years coachella.

1 and 2 are not in dispute. I would guess both are coming sometime in 2013 although whether it's in the first or second half of the year is certainly up for debate.

3 is the impossible dream and the only one worth wagering on.

StarsAreBurning
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
1 and 2 are not in dispute. I would guess both are coming sometime in 2013 although whether it's in the first or second half of the year is certainly up for debate.

3 is the impossible dream and the only one worth wagering on.

alright consider it wagered. 1 newcastle at the beer gardens, i will be there weekend 2, so we will know by then, but i have a feeling it might be sooner

StarsAreBurning
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I REALLY... REALLY DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT DAFT PUNK ANYMORE... lets just try not to say their name or think about them for like... the whole year? Can we all just do that? please?!

I thought you were going to say the classic nationocean line "This Thread Sucks." You should just stick to that. Even though its not funny at all.

zemorr
01-25-2013, 04:29 PM
http://www.thedaftclub.com/2013/01/25/confirmed-no-daft-punk-at-coachella-2013/

Shoulda Named Ya Laika
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM

Here we go again. I am a fool for thinking rumors season was finally over.

:nono

StarsAreBurning
01-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Here we go again. I am a fool for thinking rumors season was finally over.

:nono
well, why do you guys even bother clicking on the thread and taking time to post if you HONESTLY dont care? The rumor mill is a full time gig.

Sparty
01-26-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2013/01/daft-punk-signs-with-sony-fourth-album-to-be-released-this-spring/

CONFIRMED

DoubleD
01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it looks like this might start to have legs. I doubt they would play Coachella since Coachella already asked and they said no, but I'm all for a 2nd half of 2013 tour.

Bons222000
01-26-2013, 04:49 PM
human after all came out in march 2005, they didn't do a show, let alone a full tour, for over a year. i have no idea why people think this somehow means their touring anytime soon. let's let the album at least come out.

bemerritt
01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
wouldn't you rather listen to their new album for a while before seeing them live?

acasey0
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
My guess is daft punk will not show up at coachella. Think about it, they did their huge reunion once, how stupid would they look reuniting at coachella twice in a row? If I were them I'd want to do my own thing. Just a speculation.

nikehair
01-26-2013, 05:35 PM
i dont think theyd come to coachella and perform the same show from 2006...makes no sense as much as we want to see them

Bob_Loblaw
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
My guess is daft punk will not show up at coachella. Think about it, they did their huge reunion once, how stupid would they look reuniting at coachella twice in a row? If I were them I'd want to do my own thing. Just a speculation.

Either you're misinterpreting what the word "reunion" means or you've somehow got it in your head they've broken up twice.

IceyHotshot
01-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Stop.

thetello
01-26-2013, 06:58 PM
oh shit... well, they're not on EMI anymore. they just signed to Columbia today.

http://ilovefreeconcerts.com/daft-punk-is-back/

Neighborhood Creep
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Daft Punk has signed with Columbia Records for the release of their upcoming fourth studio album. The legendary electro duo released their previous three albums through Virgin Records.

The album’s exact release date remains unknown, though the French newspaper Le Parisien reports that the as-yet-titled effort is slated for a Spring 2013 release. The album marks the proper followup to 2005′s Human After All.

A number of musicians have reportedly contributed to the album, including Chic frontman Nile Rodgers, songwriter Paul Williams, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, and disco legend Giorgio Moroder.

Stay tuned for additional details.

kaybee
01-26-2013, 09:35 PM
has there ever been any lineup modifications in previous years?

nathanfairchild
01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Prince in 2008 was the only time there has been a headliner-sized add.

gary312
01-27-2013, 01:43 AM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Daft Punk has signed with Columbia Records for the release of their upcoming fourth studio album. The legendary electro duo released their previous three albums through Virgin Records.

The album’s exact release date remains unknown, though the French newspaper Le Parisien reports that the as-yet-titled effort is slated for a Spring 2013 release. The album marks the proper followup to 2005′s Human After All.

A number of musicians have reportedly contributed to the album, including Chic frontman Nile Rodgers, songwriter Paul Williams, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Feist collaborator Chilly Gonzales, and disco legend Giorgio Moroder.

Stay tuned for additional details. saw this a few moments ago. The guy below says only time a header got added was prince in 08? But madonna was added who is huge before that and daft punk if it happened i reckon would be a co.header Pheonix day but play last both weekends. I think they'll add another name and I'd be surprised if it was bumping blur and the roses down.

captncrzy
01-27-2013, 06:27 AM
They won't be added. They aren't playing. It's my understanding that GV did absolutely everything in their power to get them and DP decided they just weren't going to be ready. source: two personal independent sources.

involvelemons
01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
I think everyone is way more excited about the idea of Daft Punk more than they would be about an actual Daft Punk set.
Look, they're the best at what they do. Great guys. Inspired a huge wave of awesome shit, Ed Banger and Kitsune and all of that. That was SEVEN YEARS AGO. All sorts of music has come out since then. Maybe you should get into it instead of trying to relive the halcyon days of the French touch.

travelfan
01-27-2013, 06:54 AM
I think everyone is way more excited about the idea of Daft Punk more than they would be about an actual Daft Punk set.
Look, they're the best at what they do. Great guys. Inspired a huge wave of awesome shit, Ed Banger and Kitsune and all of that. That was SEVEN YEARS AGO. All sorts of music has come out since then. Maybe you should get into it instead of trying to relive the halcyon days of the French touch.

I would wager most of the people obsessively requesting Daft Punk on Facebook have never even listened to Alive and have no idea why exactly they are supposed to be excited about a live show. I'd also wager money most of them would be hard pressed to name more than three songs by them. Which is the silliest thing about it.

Zafocaine
01-27-2013, 06:58 AM
I would wager most of the people obsessively requesting Daft Punk on Facebook have never even listened to Alive and have no idea why exactly they are supposed to be excited about a live show. I'd also wager money most of them would be hard pressed to name more than three songs by them. Which is the silliest thing about it.

I'd say you're wrong. I consider myself to be a fan of DP, but not a major fan. Alive is the only record I own of theirs anymore, and it would be easy to name ten songs. They're no Blur, mine friend.

If you're going to instruct people not to live in the past, change your avatar.

stephen22
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
I love Daft Punk, but the only reason why the everyday person in America knows who they are is because of their image. It's the same way with deadmau5. Had Daft Punk shown up to Coachella 2006 without that pyramid and no robot costumes then they would have been just another amazing DJ duo. They would have never headlined Lolla or Vegoose.

Once again, I LOVE DAFT PUNK. Vegoose 2007 was one of my all-time favorite shows. Been a fan since I saw Around the World on that old MTV show called 12 Angry Viewers (1st video they voted into rotation), but they are the KISS of electronic music.

mrhand
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/daft-punk-signs-columbia-records-415666

Worth noting: although Daft Punk's name was not on the recently revealed Coachella lineup, an insider says the group was offered a "gigantic sum of money" to headline the California festival but ultimately turned it down.

chaz86
01-27-2013, 11:13 PM

So you're sayin there's a chance

involvelemons
01-28-2013, 08:25 AM
God it never ends, haha

Entertaining though, right? A low-stakes parade of delusion and broken dreams. Ahhhh.

nikehair
01-28-2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/daft-punk-signs-columbia-records-415666

Worth noting: although Daft Punk's name was not on the recently revealed Coachella lineup, an insider says the group was offered a "gigantic sum of money" to headline the California festival but ultimately turned it down.

At least they tried.

Neighborhood Creep
01-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Prince in 2008 was the only time there has been a headliner-sized add.

Madonna is as big of a name as Prince, if not actually bigger. She's just not Coachella's headliner-type name to sit at the top of a poster.

billypilgrimisunstuck
01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
I heard Paul is thinking about adding Chris Brown v. Frank Ocean as well. Last night's 'studio parking fight' was just to wet our collective appetite. Verified by trusted inside sources.