PDA

View Full Version : LA TIMES..Released Headers..

kananilove
01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Apparently LA Times Released the Headers and then took them down..? They were.. Postal Service, DP, & Justin Timberlake...todays the day i feel it.

zwik1994
01-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Is there any proof of this?

Neighborhood Creep
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Fuck both of you

eyestothesky
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Fuck both of you

needed more emphasis.

getbetter
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
First off that would be complete bullshit if Postal Service were a headliner when Death From Above 1979 weren't .Daft Punk are not fucking playing at all in 2013 you fucking cunt. We should be way more worried about Vampire Weekend getting a headliner spot.

menikmati
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
lol at both vampire weekend or postal service headlining

kananilove
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Posted by LA Times this morning before quickly being removed from the website: "Years of hopes and rumors have finally come to fruition, for Daft Punk is set to return to the live stage to close the 2013 edition of the dual-weekend Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival. Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett felt he painted himself into a corner after last year's edition of the event. "I asked myself how we could live up to the expectations that follow witnessing Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg alongside a hologram of 2Pac, but the stars aligned and I could not be more proud," said Tollett. "We get more requests and fake lineup posters clamoring for Daft Punk than any other act. Getting them to play in 2006 was a last minute miracle that resulted in a worldwide phenomenon, and because of the reputation of that performance, they've been hesitant to revisit, but now they have a new album and a live show planned that is going to blow everyone away." A release date has yet to be set for the still-untitled Nile Rodgers collaboration.

The notion of Coachella as purely an indie rock and electronic oasis has dissipated in recent years thanks to well-received sets from headliners Jay-Z and Kanye West, and now pop superstar Justin Timberlake will shatter that conception as he brings "sexy back" to the opening night festivities at Empire Polo Field, his first performances in support of his forthcoming album "The 20/20 Experience."

Despite the months of intense speculation among bloggers and members of the fest's official message board, AEG-owned promoter Goldenvoice continually shocks even the most jaded of fans and connected of insiders year after year. Keeping the tradition alive are a headlining performance from the reunited Britpop outfit Blur, along with fellow countrymen The Stone Roses for their first stateside appearance in two decades. Joining them for rare festival appearances are the notoriously reclusive Tom Waits and Swedish electro duo The Knife. Also reuniting for a headlining spot are Ben Gibbard's electropop sideproject The Postal Service and 90's shoegazers Slowdive.

Completing Coachella's top tier are breakthroughs Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, The xx and Phoenix, legends Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and New Order, Trent Reznor's new band How to Destroy Angels and dance sensations Skrillex, Pretty Lights and Bassnectar.

Surprisingly absent are recent chart-toppers Mumford & Sons, but folk-tinged indie pop is more prevalent than ever in 2013, with The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Father John Misty, Ben Howard and Emmy the Great on the bill. Rounding out the rest of the lineup are rising stars including Solange, Alt-J, 2 Chainz, Angel Haze, Sky Ferreira, Bat for Lashes and Odd Future's Earl Sweatshirt.

The majority of passes for Coachella went in a pre-sale last May, but the remaining supply of three-day general admission wristbands will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. for $349."

iwaslike
Vampire Weekend getting a headliner spot.

Was thinking the same thing.

malcolmjamalawesome
Lol. You've been Monklished.

Egull
First off that would be complete bullshit if Postal Service were a headliner when Death From Above 1979 weren't .Daft Punk are not fucking playing at all in 2013 you fucking cunt. We should be way more worried about Vampire Weekend getting a headliner spot.

Are you being serious? Such Great Heights was probably one of the most over used, over played, songs of the early 2000s. DFA 1979 probably never had a song that was played on the radio.

malcolmjamalawesome
You disgusting idiot.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-22-2013, 10:03 AM
"Headers." God damn it. You really are revolting.

Miroir Noir
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
http://counterforce.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/thank-you-the-onion.jpg

luckyface
01-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Who are the footers going to be?

Bumblebee
01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Tom Waits is doubtful as Los Lobos band members are playing NYC ClaptonFest on W1.

The Stone Roses have NEVER played North America with all 4. 3 of them played in 95 or 96 for a short tour.

kananilove
01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
haha dont shoot the messenger.

Neighborhood Creep
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
haha dont shoot the messenger.

You gullible fuck

CaseSensitive
01-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Posted by LA Times this morning before quickly being removed from the website: "Years of hopes and rumors have finally come to fruition, for Daft Punk is set to return to the live stage to close the 2013 edition of the dual-weekend Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival. Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett felt he painted himself into a corner after last year's edition of the event. "I asked myself how we could live up to the expectations that follow witnessing Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg alongside a hologram of 2Pac, but the stars aligned and I could not be more proud," said Tollett. "We get more requests and fake lineup posters clamoring for Daft Punk than any other act. Getting them to play in 2006 was a last minute miracle that resulted in a worldwide phenomenon, and because of the reputation of that performance, they've been hesitant to revisit, but now they have a new album and a live show planned that is going to blow everyone away." A release date has yet to be set for the still-untitled Nile Rodgers collaboration.

The notion of Coachella as purely an indie rock and electronic oasis has dissipated in recent years thanks to well-received sets from headliners Jay-Z and Kanye West, and now pop superstar Justin Timberlake will shatter that conception as he brings "sexy back" to the opening night festivities at Empire Polo Field, his first performances in support of his forthcoming album "The 20/20 Experience."

Despite the months of intense speculation among bloggers and members of the fest's official message board, AEG-owned promoter Goldenvoice continually shocks even the most jaded of fans and connected of insiders year after year. Keeping the tradition alive are a headlining performance from the reunited Britpop outfit Blur, along with fellow countrymen The Stone Roses for their first stateside appearance in two decades. Joining them for rare festival appearances are the notoriously reclusive Tom Waits and Swedish electro duo The Knife. Also reuniting for a headlining spot are Ben Gibbard's electropop sideproject The Postal Service and 90's shoegazers Slowdive.

Completing Coachella's top tier are breakthroughs Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, The xx and Phoenix, legends Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds and New Order, Trent Reznor's new band How to Destroy Angels and dance sensations Skrillex, Pretty Lights and Bassnectar.

Surprisingly absent are recent chart-toppers Mumford & Sons, but folk-tinged indie pop is more prevalent than ever in 2013, with The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Father John Misty, Ben Howard and Emmy the Great on the bill. Rounding out the rest of the lineup are rising stars including Solange, Alt-J, 2 Chainz, Angel Haze, Sky Ferreira, Bat for Lashes and Odd Future's Earl Sweatshirt.

The majority of passes for Coachella went in a pre-sale last May, but the remaining supply of three-day general admission wristbands will go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. for $349."

I don't trust anyone with a vulva on the back of their neck in their avatar.

heart cooks brain
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
i trust anyone with a vulva. anywhere.

CaseSensitive
01-22-2013, 10:12 AM
i trust anyone with a Volvo. anywhere.

fixed

kananilove
01-22-2013, 10:18 AM
super gullible and into creeps

Neighborhood Creep
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM
super gullible and into creeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxwbhkDjZM

wstsidela
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Tom Waits?!?

zemorr
01-22-2013, 10:24 AM
http://youtu.be/QZNvRHXTpJk

DAFT PUNK AND PHOENIX!!

Fourthisto
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/Fourthisto/daftpunk.jpg

Mr. Fuzz
01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Oh snaps!

Boourns
01-22-2013, 10:54 AM
It can't be real because we already know fun. is headlining.

Mr. Fuzz
01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Maybe fun. and the Postal Service are splitting the top billing.

waterandcoffee
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
not sure if you're joking, but just because i hate fun.: http://www.ournameisfun.com/tour

artisticcreator
01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
I can live with that line-up. Daft Punk would be cool to see again. Timberlake is tiresome and way to teeny booper for me. I'd go listen to the Postal Service. They don't sound bad on Youtube, though I don't recognize any of their music. New Order, Trent Reznor and Bassnectar will add some interesting listening. I'm just happy I haven't heard anything about another lame hologram this year. I was so bummed that Dre and the Holi ruin Snoops show that I stayed away. Poor Snoop, or Rich Snoop. I'm sure he was well paid for putting up with the lower Class-men of Rap!

Phantasma Del Mar
01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
fun. * Postal Service

Skrillex * Deadmau5

Powerman 5000

Godspeed
01-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Postal Service is definitely playing at Coachella. I believe that they will (should) be headlining.

shoegazer76
01-22-2013, 11:28 AM
God I hope that Justin Timberlake bullshit is fake. I will lose a ton of respect for this fest if so.

Larry Farnsworth
01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
God I hope that Justin Timberlake bullshit is true, because I can't wait to see people lose their fucking shit.

Larry Farnsworth
01-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Postal Service is definitely playing at Coachella. I believe that they will (should) be headlining.

What else do you believe, pray tell?

zwik1994
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
God I hope that Justin Timberlake bullshit is fake. I will lose a ton of respect for this fest if so.

If I let one bad headliner bother me, I would of lost all my respect for Coachella at Jack Johnson

Phantasma Del Mar
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Every year has a Kings of Leon.

michaele
01-22-2013, 11:54 AM
The thought of the postal service or fun. headlining is laughable. i'm down for PS, but i just cant see them at the main stage.

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
has death cab even played the main stage? i've only seen them on the outdoor, but that was yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaars ago

tyles
01-22-2013, 12:04 PM
has death cab even played the main stage? i've only seen them on the outdoor, but that was yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaars ago

They played on the main in 2008, before Kraftwerk.

hawkingvsreeve
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
And it was not good. In fact that set sucked ass.

thizzin my brains out
01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
The OP's avatar is pissing me off I hate when girls get on guys shoulders at shows. Please don't do that anymore.

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
but the username says love, that makes it all ok, right? ONE LOVE

franticbabe
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM

true ! :thu

Sensuality
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Justin Timberlake > Sahara tent

rage patton
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
God I hope that Justin Timberlake bullshit is true, because I can't wait to see people lose their fucking shit.

This x 1000

Also, because Justin Timberlake headlining Coachella would be fucking rad.

CaseSensitive
01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
This x 1000

If he does, then I just hope he brings andy samberg along.

Larry Farnsworth
01-22-2013, 12:40 PM
This x 1000

Well, yeah. But the angry, poorly spelled missives about how Coachella is totes sold out now brah because pop music would be priceless.

shoegazer76
01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
And you will all be fapping relentlessly to Justin Bieber on the main in 2022 (or sooner). Top 40 pop music belongs at Iheart not Coachella.

Larry Farnsworth
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
And you will all be fapping relentlessly to Justin Bieber on the main in 2022 (or sooner). Top 40 pop music belongs at Iheart not Coachella.

You're a complete fool if you think they haven't already had exactly that, many times over, in years past.

thefrush
01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
If he does, then I just hope he brings andy samberg along.

Here we go with guest appearance predictions again. :rotfl

CaseSensitive
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCiywlKzzSM

ods..
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're a complete fool.

CaseSensitive
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Here we go with guest appearance predictions again. :rotfl

I was joking because that is the only way I'd watch.

shoegazer76
01-22-2013, 12:56 PM
You're a complete fool if you think they haven't already had exactly that, many times over, in years past.

Uh.... teenybopper boy band frontman that broke into a top 40 solo career? I dont think Robbie Williams ever played Chella.

ods..
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
yessssss another JT thread

weekendCrush
01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
heres a mirror of the screenshot someone on facebook took

http://i.imgur.com/8JOb2f7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8JOb2f7.jpg

Coachella Bound
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
well thats all i need..... consider this thing all locked up.

DJ_60_GIG
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
this too could be photoshopped, just saying :) in fact. if you look close behind the text, it shows bad photoshopping work. lol

goldfinger19
01-22-2013, 01:54 PM
lol at both vampire weekend or postal service headlining

what he said

goldfinger19
01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Minus Daft Punk, Blur and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, that mock lineup would be a great disappointment.

ng123
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
the only way it could be true is if the Rolling Stones really were headlining but canceled and they needed a last minute replacement. seems like the only logical reason, other wise its fake.

ShyGuy75
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE

Lithium
01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
As a journalist close with the Times, this isn't written well. At all. I can't see this even passing the Copy Editor desk. Usually the music blogs are written in a traditional news feature format, with paragraphs not exceeding more than just a couple sentences. In this story, the first paragraph is too long, and it doesn't even mention the other headliners until the third graf.

My guess is this might be a mock page in preparation for the announcement. That, or a bad photoshop. Also, this photo wouldn't run with the story in my opinion. If the story was about Daft Punk headlining, I guarantee the Times would run a photo of the electronic duo.

Finally, the photo ran with a Coachella story last year. Typing on phone so I can't link or look for it, but check the archives. And the link wouldn't link to latimesblog.latimes...because latimes blog is not its own URL, it's a section of the LA Times website.

bobert
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
As a journalist close with the Times, this isn't written well. At all. I can't see this even passing the Copy Editor desk. Usually the music blogs are written in a traditional news feature format, with paragraphs not exceeding more than just a couple sentences. In this story, the first paragraph is too long, and it doesn't even mention the other headliners until the third graf.

My guess is this might be a mock page in preparation for the announcement. That, or a bad photoshop. Also, this photo wouldn't run with the story in my opinion. If the story was about Daft Punk headlining, I guarantee the Times would run a photo of the electronic duo.

Finally, the photo ran with a Coachella story last year. Typing on phone so I can't link or look for it, but check the archives. And the link wouldn't link to latimesblog.latimes...because latimes blog is not its own URL, it's a section of the LA Times website.

The LA Times is one of the worst major newspapers in existence. That article was as good or bad as anything I've ever read in the Times.

ShyGuy75
01-22-2013, 02:14 PM
my guess is that GV planted this story so that when they do in fact release the lineup with the broken creepy version of the rolling stones on it people will be ok with it since its not justin timberlake

baily
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
The article is garbage, some fool out there is having fun seeing us run to a pile of sugar like ants as he/she laughs.

Come on man....wake up

moviebruin
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
The supposed writer just responded to a tweet confirming...that its FAKE https://twitter.com/mikaelwood carry on w/ ur lives people...

arsgunner
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Justin Timberlake > Sahara tent

oh fuck...if I had to choose between either....fuck it..i'm leaving early

kneuller
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
The supposed writer just responded to a tweet confirming...that its FAKE https://twitter.com/mikaelwood carry on w/ ur lives people...

Truth. 8922

weekendCrush
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
You actually think that guy would admit its real? It'd be just as bad as not taking the article down in the first place.

cuauhtemoc723
01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Minus Daft Punk, Blur and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, that mock lineup would be a great disappointment.
says you.

huh. and i thought it was written decently. i've been schooled.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
This is likely fake but at the same time if your proof is that he comes out and says IT'S FAKE. I wouldn't really put a grain of salt because if it is real he'd be in hot shit for releasing that early. People lose their jobs over that sort of thing.

The LA times archive is latimesblog... but most of their current articles are not in the latimesblog.latimes format.

But also if Mikael Wood writes for Rolling Stone, Spin, etc. etc. why would he do this, that could be a reputation killer

Also if this Mikael Wood really did write this, his writing style is very similar to his other articles.

But I didn't see it on any LA times site and i'm going off of some random image on the internet, derp derp

shotglass75
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
You actually think that guy would admit its real? It'd be just as bad as not taking the article down in the first place.

Man, you must really have a dull life to keep trying this hard.

Wonderbot
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
It's fake, just look at the black letters with off grey tint around them instead of just plain white of the background. It's what happens when you copy/paste from another source.

weekendCrush
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Man, you must really have a dull life to keep trying this hard.

Are you telling me that you are a professional Coachella Forum user getting paid to surf here? Or are you just like me and browsing on your own free time? I was just posting what I saw somewhere else on my free time, yes. Must be as dull as your life since we are both on here at the same time.

chbludevil
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
TOTAL FAKE, Don't you guys remember ROB DA BANK said in an interview that DAFT PUNK IS NOT TOURING in 2013. As soon as I find the article I will link to it. I'm not very good at google so if someone else finds the article before me, feel free to link to it.

insbordnat
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wKiX40BZNIQ/ToPO4q4qseI/AAAAAAAAArI/69DR9bRkGpw/s1600/Soccer+Header.jpg

DJ_60_GIG
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
who ever created this troll did it right. this so called article is being talked about everywhere. haha

eddi818
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
"This is what Pop & Hiss knows about the 2013 lineup for the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival: We are told it is not being announced today, and it was not leaked this morning by this newspaper. "

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-sorry-but-we-did-not-accidently-release-the-coachella-lineup-20130122,0,6670651.story

FEELS
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah, this is the best "trolling" I've yet to see. Kudos

Dede' Arneaux
01-22-2013, 03:52 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wKiX40BZNIQ/ToPO4q4qseI/AAAAAAAAArI/69DR9bRkGpw/s1600/Soccer+Header.jpg

King Carlos Cuellar. Ex Rangers centre half.
Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type on this forum :rotfl:rotfl

shoegazer76
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Ah shit!!!.... I just relaized that menik lol'd at Postal Service & Vampire Weekend headlining but not JT.

drumorama
01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
::womp womp::: (http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-74126639/)

chbludevil
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
I TOLD YOU ALL IT WAS FAKE, ROB DA BANK SPITS TRUTH SON

donuteater
01-22-2013, 04:35 PM
this lineup better be STACKED. because justin timberlake headlining is some fruity ass shit.

IamTheWalrusVPz
01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
this lineup better be STACKED. because justin timberlake headlining is some fruity ass shit.

Seriously. He should be Wango Tango or something

IamTheWalrusVPz
01-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Seriously. He should be Wango Tango or something