PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

darthlaker
01-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Please if you are going to Coachella 2013, keep these behaviors in mind... don't do them! Let me enjoy the show... i paid to see the show not your iphone....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-10-most-annoying-concert-behaviors-20130114

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Thread of the year.

PlayaDelWes
01-16-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?42636-The-Concert-Etiquette-Thread

Riggins33
01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
#10 is my favorite.

moxie990
01-16-2013, 03:34 PM
The only thing that really pisses me off is the pushing. Just because there is .02 inches of space in front of me doesn't mean that you and your 35 friends get to pass through there!! It's even worse when someone pulls that type of move and then just stays right in front of you. Those type of people need to die a slow death

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
As much as I hate it I hate it even more when they don't even bother apologizing. I can ALMOST take it with an "Sorry excuse me" or some variation of that.

lt.roast.a.botch
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't even know why I like going to shows

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:37 PM
You shouldn't.

Lynn163
01-16-2013, 03:38 PM
#4. When we saw Them Crooked Vultures at the Wiltern the guy behind us yelled "Stairway to Heaven!" through the entire show! Idiot.

Riggins33
01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm also happy they didn't mention anything about tall people. I'm 6'5 and I don't push to the front and usually stand in the back towards the side, but if I got there first tough shit...

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm also happy they didn't mention anything about tall people. I'm 6'5 and I don't push to the front and usually stand in the back towards the side, but if I got there first tough shit...

I know I have said it many times, but I 100% agree. 6'4 and I am NOT moving for anyone if I got there first. Why shouldn't I be able to see if I got there first?

xanman86
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
For some of these points I would agree to the antithesis.

#6.

I hate people who stand strong holding back half of one group from reaching the rest of their group because "they got to that spot first". Go fuck yourself you old fuck who lost all sense of fun and youth in your crabby ass life. It's a concert, not a place to stand still for 2 hours hoping your legs don't get too tired by the end. If people want to get up father than you, it's because they want to see this band really badly! Just because you were able to leisurely make your way to the venue hours early does not make you a bigger fan than someone who got stuck at work until traffic got horrible!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

moxie990
01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.

Neighborhood Creep
01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Xan, you are 1 & 9 to the fullest

Lynn163
01-16-2013, 03:52 PM
I know I have said it many times, but I 100% agree. 6'4 and I am NOT moving for anyone if I got there first. Why shouldn't I be able to see if I got there first?

I agree and I'm short and always get the tallest person standing in front of me. I can't complain though because my husband is 6"3 and blocking someones view as well.

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:53 PM
There is a way to get there and a way to get there acting like a DICK. Almost knocking someone over trying to get up front without so much as an "I'm sorry!" is a DICK thing to do. Those people should die a slow and painful death.

ENluv12
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree and I'm short and always get the tallest person standing in front of me. I can't complain though because my husband is 6"3 and blocking someones view as well.

Yeah, it is hard. Like, what do you want me to do? Bend over the whole time? I am there to see the show just like everyone else.

xanman86
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Xan, you are 1 & 9 to the fullest

Except that I don't own an iPhone and don't do any of that. If anything, the zoom in my camera distracts people behind me because they can finally see what is happening on stage.

xanman86
01-16-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.

Seriously, if you hate your spot it is not the people around you's fault. Sometimes just taking a step or two back means a world of difference at a show.

Riggins33
01-16-2013, 04:00 PM
If I look back and there are short people right behind me I ask if they want to go in front, but if they say anything first I'm not moving.

lt.roast.a.botch
01-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Dude you tall fucks just need to face it - you are annoying to majority of people at a show, who are likely annoying to you or someone else in some other way.

xanman86
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
I use tall people to film songs without bothering people as much because they are already avoiding the area the tall person is standing at LOL

gaypalmsprings
01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Fingering your friend's butt is only acceptable in the Sahara tent. Please respect the other stages.

xanman86
01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Fingering your friend's butt is only acceptable in the Sahara tent. Please respect the other stages.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/461322_10100986529438923_307756318_o.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Please tell me that's a Fun Guy shirt!

amyzzz
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Someone should print these out as flyers and hand them out.

IceyHotshot
01-16-2013, 04:38 PM
I've been calling people out who push in front of me then stop there. (E.g. "really dude?". Twice the person actually apologized and moved back. Once he said "not my problem"

ThatGirl
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM
While waiting for Chromeo to start at a fest, a very tall guy in a sombrero tried to push in front and asked me to move so he could get by. I'm just under 5 ft tall. I said no and that everyone up front had been waiting and got there first and why should he get to stand ahead of them, and he said Chromeo were his favorite and I said, if that's true then you should have been here sooner. He shrugged and went around to the back.

MantisMel
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I only 5'5" and tall people don't bother me. I make do with what I got. For instance, during a Tool concert a tall dude let me sit on his shoulders, all i had to do was ask. What really bugs the shit out of me are the train of idiots holding hands shoving their way to the front. I call bullshit on that one. I always tell my friends, "one man for themselves", and I move on and see where I end up. You didn't make it close up? Tough shit. Just... don't be that group. I get to a show early to get a good spot and get my face melted and if I'm late I deal with the cards I've been handed. Period.

Neighborhood Creep
01-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you

MantisMel
01-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Either that or shoving my way to the front.

JiggyVdub
01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
If I look back and there are short people right behind me I ask if they want to go in front, but if they say anything first I'm not moving.

At Indie Jam last year I was 2 people back from the Cold War Kids, there was this chick right behind me probably about 5"2' (im 6ft) who would scream that awful high pitched girl scream after every song. Eventually she made it to my left side, but then a wheelchair came in and just about ran her over haha

xuclarockerx
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
While waiting for Chromeo to start at a fest, a very tall guy in a sombrero tried to push in front and asked me to move so he could get by. I'm just under 5 ft tall. I said no and that everyone up front had been waiting and got there first and why should he get to stand ahead of them, and he said Chromeo were his favorite and I said, if that's true then you should have been here sooner. He shrugged and went around to the back.

i would like to hear xanman's response to this

Grant
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
people that have some reason to talk obnoxiously during a set at coachella deserve to have their limbs tied and be pulled apart by horses. that play polo matches.

Panda421
01-17-2013, 01:32 AM
There is nothing worst than the line of assholes. I make sure to step on their feet, ankles, achilles as they go by. Make em earn that spot.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 01:40 AM
There is a way to get there and a way to get there acting like a DICK. Almost knocking someone over trying to get up front without so much as an "I'm sorry!" is a DICK thing to do. Those people should die a slow and painful death.

You ought to calm down a bit with the "slow painful death" routine. I'm one of the tall festival goers, so I understand where you tall folks are going. I've definitely had people ask me if they could get in front of me, and if it's just a short girl or two, then I let them slip in. I generally walk around, and stick to the back of the crowds, but I also realize that some people want to get a better spot. The only time I apologize to someone is if I step on them!

Iamwelting
01-17-2013, 04:24 AM
There is nothing worst than the line of assholes. I make sure to step on their feet, ankles, achilles as they go by. Make em earn that spot.

Agreed 100%. At flylo last year I got jostled by three or four HUGE trains of douchers. Like 10-15 people long. So fucking annoying. And then inevitably one just stops right in front of you. Elbows were employed.

bettycarolyn
01-17-2013, 04:50 AM
Sitting on shoulders is the worst. A tall person can't help it, but add another 3' of vagina surroundings and you're asking to have shit tossed at you

we usually have a little fun with it, we just chuck a bunch of glow sticks at their heads. watching them touch their heads and look behind confused as fuck is the best then they finally get the point and come down. im on the shorter side so when my friends ask if i'd want to be put on their shoulders i always turn them down, its rude for the people behind me, if i hate it i'm pretty sure everybody else behind me will hate it as well.

i just don't understand #2, wtf are you doing at the show then? i never have my phone on me at any show i go to. it's a distraction i leave behind so that i can enjoy the show to its fullest - as it should be, imo

chbludevil
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
How about people who hold their cell phones up in the air? That's about as lame as it gets. Granted, I never was one to hold my lighter in the air either, but fire kicks way more ass than computer screen glow.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm 6'6" and people constantly tap me on the shoulder asking to get by.

No, I will not let you by. I mean I might if you're a hot girl on your own. But pretty much 100% of the time you can just go fuck yourself. Sucks to be you.

xanman86
01-17-2013, 11:01 AM
i would like to hear xanman's response to this

It is a music festival, no one is entitled to their spot. That being said, the guy in question sounds like an asshole and anyone wearing something on their head that adds to people not being able to see the stage should get shot.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85xWjxhuM8o

Fuck this asshole wearing a Coors Light cowboy hat, it was in my way during the whole Grizzly Bear set. Although, in his defense I could have just moved to a different spot I suppose.

Sometimes it is nice to have a cam on you to ninja a view between bitches on shoulders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoxNmh7LVHg

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Also I have a mini-tripod and a Mono-pod.

I record EVERYTHING. I push record and I put my camera/phone in the air and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I pay a lot of fucking money to go to these shows. And I want to remember them and relive them at my leisure.

If you can't see the stage then you're staring at the large monitors on either side. If you are staring at cameras because they distract you, then you're an idiot.

However if you're one of the people who record everything but you LOOK at the whole concert THROUGH YOUR PHONE/CAMERA then you're an idiot.

I just point the camera at the stage and try to hold it steady, but I watch the stage with my own eyes, not the camera.

xanman86
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM

I record EVERYTHING. I push record and I put my camera/phone in the air and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. I pay a lot of fucking money to go to these shows. And I want to remember them and relive them at my leisure.

If you can't see the stage then you're staring at the large monitors on either side. If you are staring at cameras because they distract you, then you're an idiot.

However if you're one of the people who record everything but you LOOK at the whole concert THROUGH YOUR PHONE/CAMERA then you're an idiot.

I just point the camera at the stage and try to hold it steady, but I watch the stage with my own eyes, not the camera.

This always pisses me off too. I remember there was one lady on the rail during The Strokes ( i was hoping they would leave so I could get the rail for Kanye and it worked out) and during the whole set she was recording THE MONITOR and watching THE MONITOR RECORDING through her camera THE WHOLE SET.

WHAT THE FUCK

ods..
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
ITT: Douches who record the most videos at shows getting pissed at people for doing the exact same thing.

thizzin my brains out
01-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Fuck you.

travelfan
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
I just don't understand the purpose of standing steady, focusing on the camera, all to "relive" a set that you never even "lived" in the first place since you were so busy recording it, especially since these days dozens of other people are filming the same thing and you can relive it through them. Just dance and go crazy for fucks sake.

Fidoosh
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
People on shoulders get nailed with glowsticks!!!!!

JustSteve
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
No mention of crowdsurfers? Fuck crowdsurfers. Those around us usually lose their shoes.

chbludevil
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Seriously fuck you. You're saying that whoever pays for a ticket gets to engage in whatever obnoxious fuckface behaviors they wish. in your case it's filming the whole show like a twat. that means next time I go to a show I get to vomit all over the place and push u out of the way for being tall. I paid for a ticket I get to do what I want

zfireswitch
01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
two most annoying for me: constant picture taking and people on shoulders. the worst.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 12:57 PM
I just don't understand the purpose of standing steady, focusing on the camera, all to "relive" a set that you never even "lived" in the first place since you were so busy recording it, especially since these days dozens of other people are filming the same thing and you can relive it through them. Just dance and go crazy for fucks sake.

I'm not so unskilled I can't hold onto a mono/tripod and not have to look through the viewfinder. I enjoy the show fully and I'm able to play it back whenever I feel like from my camera recorded properly, high quality, great sound.

I enjoy my shows and then I go home and I enjoy them again and again.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Seriously fuck you. You're saying that whoever pays for a ticket gets to engage in whatever obnoxious fuckface behaviors they wish. in your case it's filming the whole show like a twat. that means next time I go to a show I get to vomit all over the place and push u out of the way for being tall. I paid for a ticket I get to do what I want

Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious. Especially when everyone else is using their arm and holding it off to the side annoying the neighbor and people who aren't even behind him.

You can't stop anyone from recording and people will never stop recording. So you can cry and complain like a little bitch or you can stop being an imbecile and enjoy your concert.

chbludevil
01-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious. Especially when everyone else is using their arm and holding it off to the side annoying the neighbor and people who aren't even behind him.

You can't stop anyone from recording and people will never stop recording. So you can cry and complain like a little bitch or you can stop being an imbecile and enjoy your concert.

I might not be able to stop people from recording but I can shove your recording device up your ass and give you a free colonoscopy during the show.

ods..
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Standing still and holding a pole up in front of me isn't obnoxious.

Yes it is, you fuck. No one wants to be next to someone who stands completely still. That's what I define as a shit crowd.

chbludevil
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Imagine if you were in a movie theatre and 1/3 of the people were recording the movie on their goddam screens, imagine how fucking annoying that would be. It's just as annoying at concerts.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm 6'6" and people constantly tap me on the shoulder asking to get by.

No, I will not let you by. I mean I might if you're a hot girl on your own. But pretty much 100% of the time you can just go fuck yourself. Sucks to be you.

Were you the one fucking up the light show at Etienne de Crecy with your Mexico flag on a fifteen+ foot pole? You sound like a total douche. You want to get the most out of your money, even if it means making it difficult for other people to get the most out of their money. You do understand how this makes you a douche.... right? I'd like to think that you understand lol

bmack86
01-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Can we rename this thread Fuck Wonderbot For Being An Inconsiderate Asshole?

bebop
01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
The worst is being in the crowd waiting and then a 25 person line comes barging through. I keep hoping to myself that I'm not in their pathway but I always am.:mad:

gaypalmsprings
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
http://blogs.1077theend.com/files/2011/05/talljustin-500x426.png

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
http://blogs.1077theend.com/files/2011/05/talljustin-500x426.png

lol spooky. I'm a tall guy named Justin. Short Napoleonic fucks hate on the regs.

SeantheJeweler
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
People pushing to the front is the worst for me. It's fine if there is space but when I have been standing for a while and got up as far as I could peacefully and then some train of 10 people shove their way past me and then decide where I used to be standing is now where they are going to stand, it really pisses me off. I will usually either tap some shoulders and say KEEP MOVING or just move myself back in front of them even if I am standing on their toes. They usually get the idea.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
People pushing to the front is the worst for me. It's fine if there is space but when I have been standing for a while and got up as far as I could peacefully and then some train of 10 people shove their way past me and then decide where I used to be standing is now where they are going to stand, it really pisses me off. I will usually either tap some shoulders and say KEEP MOVING or just move myself back in front of them even if I am standing on their toes. They usually get the idea.

Problem solved. I like using the caboose technique to get in to and out of large crowds.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Yes it is, you fuck. No one wants to be next to someone who stands completely still. That's what I define as a shit crowd.

You must be daft. There's always some moron who can't stop invading other people's space jumping around acting the fool. If you want to do that go to the front and leave people's space alone.

And you people are calling me inconsiderate for minding my space and recording with a camera on a tripod that's in front of me, people behind me can't even see my screen, I hold it just above my eye level.

And to say you can't stand and be still at a concert and enjoy it is stupid. Although at the last Chili Peppers concert I went to I recorded the whole thing and I danced and jumped with the camera. Wound up making the videos more fun because it reminds me more of the night.

Anyway I am coming across awfully harsh for no apparent reason. Although I won't apologize for being tall, standing still, or recording.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Were you the one fucking up the light show at Etienne de Crecy with your Mexico flag on a fifteen+ foot pole? You sound like a total douche. You want to get the most out of your money, even if it means making it difficult for other people to get the most out of their money. You do understand how this makes you a douche.... right? I'd like to think that you understand lol

Don't have a flag, this isn't Glastonbury.

Flags aren't bad as long as you have a long pole and you don't have a giant flag. Totems work better.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM

Are you tall? It usually seems like people use me like sailors using the fuckign stars and navigate by where I am to try and get to their friends.

I used to carry blinky shit or funky hats so my friends would never lose me in a crowd. But now I'm banned from anything that makes me stand out because it's just a never ending stream of people buzzing past us the entire time.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't have a flag, this isn't Glastonbury.

Flags aren't bad as long as you have a long pole and you don't have a giant flag. Totems work better.

The long pole is what ended up ruining the lights for everyone, instead of just blocking the view of a few dozen.

Wonderbot
01-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Must have been a huge, thick fucking pole. Most people just have a 1inch PVC pipe or camping rods.

Cheddar's Cousin
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
My Fucking pole is both huge and thick.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Well played. Cheddar's Cousin and his huge, thick fucking pole in. Wonderbot and his recording gear with small one incher of a pole out.

ods..
01-17-2013, 07:17 PM

Do you ever wonder if people dance and bump into you because you're a 6'5" motionless statue with a camera? Just to spite you.

Personally, when I listen to music I like, I dance.

gaypalmsprings
01-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Personally, when I listen to music I like, I dance.

Personally, I'd go for the pole.

Zafocaine
01-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Personally, I'd go for the pole.

Would you mind keeping Wonderbot distracted whichever weekend he decides to go?

JiggyVdub
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I imagine gaypalmsprings as the hamster dancing to his old disco ball just off screen

if someone's recording with a pole its not as bad as their arm(s) blocking more of your view

krk67
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I could have written that article (except for #10 because I don't go to see bands who have the fan base of the Eagles).

Everyone on that list is an asshole.

Now, if Wonderbot's camera is out of the way (and the LCD is off or spun around so the brightness doesn't attract the eye) this is definitely better to me than an effing hand dancer, like the chick who was to the right of me at the rail for Radiohead and somehow managed to continuously obscure my viewpoint.

Dancing is one thing as long as you aren't trying to take up a giant space that isn't there and banging into people (with the exception of a pit at the livelier sets). Hand dancing is a whole different thing and should go back to the realm of Grateful Dead shows. This doesn't apply to most sets in the Sahara or Do-Lab for obvious reasons. Hand dance all you want in those places, suburbanites.

Pushing to the front or middle (when you weren't there from the get go) is proof that you're a self-centered douchebag. Just know that elbow jabs, drops of piss, sharpie stains, pieces of snot, and gum in hair may just happen to land on you in order to balance out the karmic concert code.

If tall people were there first, it's what it is. Get there earlier next time. But, it is very nice of them when they stand further back or ask shorter people if they want to stand in front of them; this, however should never be expected no matter how tall they are.

artisticcreator
01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Good Advice for anyone under 30! And all the idiots that scream Freebird. (shit song)

baily
01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
easiest way to deal with 'the train' is to pay attention and let tell the people next to you that 'we' are gonna cut them off....get shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors & tell the person running the train up on you go behind you...they always go behind and around where the opening is.....so simply cut off the hole.
that and you meet the people around you.
Note: you can't do this 20 min before the set...as it's too wide open, but once space starts getting clogged up....it's prime time to build your wall.

I hate the fucks with the phones....standing still instead of enjoying the moment so they can watch what they never experienced. At Coachella there are 100 videos on youtube of every song. Try enjoying yourself and stop pissing off the people around you with your hand raised blocking peoples view.

The WORST is iPad recorders.....where the fuck did these people come from. It's the FUCK THE WORLD, I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE ATTITUDE. It's not bad enough your lugging a fucking iPad around, now you have to record the entire f'n show....you deserve a nut shot/cunt shot.

ENluv12
01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
baily, I actually agree 100% with everything you said. Crazy. :2c

gam3g3ni3
01-18-2013, 01:42 PM

+1. At Snoop and Dre last year this girl was getting belted with shoes and objects and finally someone pulled her down lol

JoeCthulhu
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
The only time I almost got trampled at Coachella was in between Echo & the Bunnymen and Vampire Weekend in 2010. I noticed all the young girls appearing late into the EATB set, and there was a minor surge when Ian announced their last song, but the instant the song was over the crowd surged, and I was even lifted off my feet for a momment. I didn't lose my balance, thank goodness, and I was able to turn and brace myself against the tide of young ladies rushing to get close to the stage. Little girls are ruthless.

Wonderbot
01-18-2013, 03:21 PM
I could have written that article (except for #10 because I don't go to see bands who have the fan base of the Eagles).

Everyone on that list is an asshole.

Now, if Wonderbot's camera is out of the way (and the LCD is off or spun around so the brightness doesn't attract the eye) this is definitely better to me than an effing hand dancer, like the chick who was to the right of me at the rail for Radiohead and somehow managed to continuously obscure my viewpoint.

Dancing is one thing as long as you aren't trying to take up a giant space that isn't there and banging into people (with the exception of a pit at the livelier sets). Hand dancing is a whole different thing and should go back to the realm of Grateful Dead shows. This doesn't apply to most sets in the Sahara or Do-Lab for obvious reasons. Hand dance all you want in those places, suburbanites.

Pushing to the front or middle (when you weren't there from the get go) is proof that you're a self-centered douchebag. Just know that elbow jabs, drops of piss, sharpie stains, pieces of snot, and gum in hair may just happen to land on you in order to balance out the karmic concert code.

If tall people were there first, it's what it is. Get there earlier next time. But, it is very nice of them when they stand further back or ask shorter people if they want to stand in front of them; this, however should never be expected no matter how tall they are.

I'm 6'6" the tripod/monopod with my phone/camera attached to it is held in front of me, just above my eye level. So I'm seeing the concert and anyone behind me is only able to see the back of my head, not my screen.

Phone can't turn off the screen while recording, and my camera doesn't have a feature to turn off the viewfinder and it doesn't flip around either. But like I said I hold it in front of me at forehead level so that I don't have to worry about keeping the video straight.

Wonderbot
01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
easiest way to deal with 'the train' is to pay attention and let tell the people next to you that 'we' are gonna cut them off....get shoulder to shoulder with your neighbors & tell the person running the train up on you go behind you...they always go behind and around where the opening is.....so simply cut off the hole.
that and you meet the people around you.
Note: you can't do this 20 min before the set...as it's too wide open, but once space starts getting clogged up....it's prime time to build your wall.

I hate the fucks with the phones....standing still instead of enjoying the moment so they can watch what they never experienced. At Coachella there are 100 videos on youtube of every song. Try enjoying yourself and stop pissing off the people around you with your hand raised blocking peoples view.

The WORST is iPad recorders.....where the fuck did these people come from. It's the FUCK THE WORLD, I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE ATTITUDE. It's not bad enough your lugging a fucking iPad around, now you have to record the entire f'n show....you deserve a nut shot/cunt shot.

Most people's cameras are shit or their skill at recording is shit. If everyone else is going to be recording I'm going to be one of them. And if they weren't I'd still record because as long as it's allowed I dont care what you think.

If anything I'm the most considerate because I'm the guy who records everything for the group. So instead of 8 cameras in the air there's only one at a time as I cycle through them spending their storage/battery.

Point is you'll never be able to prevent anyone from recording, and you can whine and bitch and complain and they'll still record and enjoy the show and enjoy their recordings while you just sit there and hate on people instead of enjoy yourself.

Zafocaine
01-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Most people's cameras are shit or their skill at recording is shit. If everyone else is going to be recording I'm going to be one of them. And if they weren't I'd still record because as long as it's allowed I dont care what you think.

If anything I'm the most considerate because I'm the guy who records everything for the group. So instead of 8 cameras in the air there's only one at a time as I cycle through them spending their storage/battery.

Point is you'll never be able to prevent anyone from recording, and you can whine and bitch and complain and they'll still record and enjoy the show and enjoy their recordings while you just sit there and hate on people instead of enjoy yourself.

Now... according to your very own logic... I will not be recording anything either weekend of Coachella. LOGICALLY, from what you said, you won't either, since you'll only be recording if EVERYONE is recording. I'm not recording, thus NOT EVERYONE will be recording. You will not be recording, based on your own statement and logic, unless you're a fucking douche basket. Now, if I happen to see you going back on your word to me and everyone here, I will fucking destroy your equipment. You'll sit there watching me destroying your equipment, wondering how you'll rectify the situation, as I dart my tall ass into the audience never to be seen from by you again (unless you decide to bring in more equipment. Then, of course, you'll be seeing me again immediately). =)

You care what we think, or you wouldn't be explaining to us, voiding your second statement.

JustSteve
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Oh, internet tough guys. Click, click, click of the keys...

algunz
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
You all are what is making Coachella start to suck! :nono

Zafocaine
01-18-2013, 03:48 PM

haha see.... my thought when I read what he typed.... "Fuck me. I don't even want to go to Coachella anymore. God damn it." Maybe that's the cold/ flu talking.

Grant
01-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Imagine if you were in a movie theatre and 1/3 of the people were recording the movie on their goddam screens, imagine how fucking annoying that would be. It's just as annoying at concerts.

this needs to be quoted over and over

gaypalmsprings
01-20-2013, 07:26 AM

What's wrong with some sucking at Coachella?

algunz
01-20-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm the only one allowed to suck at Coachella. It's a tradition.

gaypalmsprings
01-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Posted a year ago on a Miami blog....

Top Ten Reasons Coachella Music Festival Totally Sucks

By Matt Preira Wed., Jan. 11 2012 at 8:00 AM

That way to Suckville!
​Festivals are sort of the Costco of live music. Take, for example, the upcoming 2012 edition of Coachella. If you purchased individual concert tickets for every artist on the lineup, the cost would far exceed the festival's more-or-less $400 fee.

But when you visit Costco to buy a swimming pool's worth of mustard or a 1000-box supermegapack of Cap'n Crunch, you're not expected to eat it all before you even walk out the door.

The modern music festival -- built upon excess (more bands!), cheap nostalgia (more old bands!!), and straight-up selling you shit (better bring more money!!!) -- is a bloated, fiendishly trend-oriented marathon of total overkill. And after the last few days of status updates and retweets hyping its recently announced lineup, we here at Crossfade need to let the world know why we think Coachella totally sucks.

10. Why Have One Bloated And Boring Music Festival When You Can Have Two?
We would rather listen to Ben Stein yammer about voodoo economics than sit through one day of Coachella. But guess what? In 2012, the festival has expanded into a two weekend extravaganza, completely reproducing its entire musical lineup for two separate audiences. We don't have complete confirmation, but we're sure there are fartknockers out there going to both weekends. And we hate them.

9. The Economy Collapsed Because Everyone Was Paying For Music Festival Tickets With Space Bucks
We understand: Coachella is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see wash-ups perform alongside a very-2012 smattering of dubstep guidos and Starbucks-ready "indie" adult contemporary. But let me ask you this: Which was the better Woodstock? The one where everyone parked their car in the road, knocked down the fences and had an extended mind orgasm while peaking on toad venom during Jefferson Airplane? Or the one that cost a bunch of money and devolved into nu-metal mutants starting a greasy riot?

8. A Turkey Leg Costs 3 Years of Indentured Servitude
Coachella boasts free water stations set up throughout the event, so you can bet your life's-fucking-savings that you will likely have to pay to piss. The few times we've made a mistake of going to one of these jumbo-sized shitshows, we've only ever got enough scratch for, like, one rib.

7. tUnE-yArDs Is A Good Band Name, But Only For Assholes
Arbitrarily writing your band's name in alternating caps lock is the kind of mistake that will haunt you forever because it turns your band's name into a mistake. At least you can't say that shit out loud? But we have to see it on the poster and its bad enough that we're required to mine this garbage dump of a lineup for jokes about if anyone really listens to the Arctic Monkeys, or whatever, so, please, just spell Tune-Yards like you're a friggin' adult.

6. Too Many Bands
Yeah, Camping, partying, and so on is great. But who seriously wants to watch that much continuous live music surrounded by a bunch of dingleberries? Do you think Coachella is the only time of year that mimbo in the above video hears music? Please let us know in the comments.

5. The Internet And Daylight Are Killing Music
Everyone knows that downloading has eviscerated music sales, and our culture of oversharing has saturated the market to the point where it's people's job to desperately make up genres like seapunk and moombahton so they can sell you money flavored liquor. Artists need to rely on live shows for income more than ever now, but look what happens when you try to get a band like Salem to play 3pm in the middle of a field. Kinda makes it suck, doesn't it? Stop making it hard for these people to live, Coachella. Bring music back inside and in the dark where it belongs.

4. More Shitty Bands Reunite To Cash-In
It's one thing to be disappointed because your favorite band from back-in-the-day is making music again and it's just not the same. But now you're going to try to re-sell us shit we didn't wanna buy the first time? At The Drive-In killed indie rock and Refused are about as politically sincere as The Sex Pistols, but we'd still rather listen to Johnnt Rotten's drawl on Nevermind The Bollocks than the pleghm-bark vocals on The Shape Of Punk To Come

3. Three Straight Days of Amateurs Getting Wasted
Coachella is essentially like New Years Eve. All the time. For three days. And no party hats, just drunk girls screaming, overzealous squares taking too many hits and more sloppy hornballs than should be legally permitted to lustfully congregate in the same space.

2. "Professional" Festival Attendee
The tragic descendents of Dead Heads and The Unincorporated Federation of Losers That Follow Phish on Tour, there is a miserable, whippet-huffing, hula-hooping, pube-dresaded subset of humanity that stands for no cause, has no vision, but instead has fashioned an entire lifestyle out of always knowing where there's a keg and who's holding.

1. Industry Douchebags and Smart Phones
Which brings us to the two most absolutely intolerable facets of Coachella that were both so equally infuriating we couldn't break the tie. Get this fact straight: the more deeply embedded you are in the music industry, the less you listen to music. Additionally, we typically have no patience for crowd-surfing, but we'll gladly hoist you up and toss you that way if it'll get you off Words With Friends for a minute, you asocial dishrag.

LockNes
01-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Agree completely! iPads shouldn't be let into shows...It is fucking ridiculous to record a show with. All you are trying to do is draw attention to yourself, look I can afford a $500 iPad. Good for you fuckface.

Aikopua3
01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
more and more it's the iPad recording that i find annoying.

canexplain
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Don't know, maybe getting old (: I used to think fucking was cool at shows but not sure now ??? (Not talking about in your tent but on the field or seats) .....cr****

fatbastard
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Posted a year ago on a Miami blog....

Top Ten Reasons Coachella Music Festival Totally Sucks

By Matt Preira Wed., Jan. 11 2012 at 8:00 AM

That way to Suckville!
​Festivals are sort of the Costco of live music. Take, for example, the upcoming 2012 edition of Coachella. If you purchased individual concert tickets for every artist on the lineup, the cost would far exceed the festival's more-or-less $400 fee.

But when you visit Costco to buy a swimming pool's worth of mustard or a 1000-box supermegapack of Cap'n Crunch, you're not expected to eat it all before you even walk out the door.

The modern music festival -- built upon excess (more bands!), cheap nostalgia (more old bands!!), and straight-up selling you shit (better bring more money!!!) -- is a bloated, fiendishly trend-oriented marathon of total overkill. And after the last few days of status updates and retweets hyping its recently announced lineup, we here at Crossfade need to let the world know why we think Coachella totally sucks.

10. Why Have One Bloated And Boring Music Festival When You Can Have Two?
We would rather listen to Ben Stein yammer about voodoo economics than sit through one day of Coachella. But guess what? In 2012, the festival has expanded into a two weekend extravaganza, completely reproducing its entire musical lineup for two separate audiences. We don't have complete confirmation, but we're sure there are fartknockers out there going to both weekends. And we hate them.

9. The Economy Collapsed Because Everyone Was Paying For Music Festival Tickets With Space Bucks
We understand: Coachella is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see wash-ups perform alongside a very-2012 smattering of dubstep guidos and Starbucks-ready "indie" adult contemporary. But let me ask you this: Which was the better Woodstock? The one where everyone parked their car in the road, knocked down the fences and had an extended mind orgasm while peaking on toad venom during Jefferson Airplane? Or the one that cost a bunch of money and devolved into nu-metal mutants starting a greasy riot?

8. A Turkey Leg Costs 3 Years of Indentured Servitude
Coachella boasts free water stations set up throughout the event, so you can bet your life's-fucking-savings that you will likely have to pay to piss. The few times we've made a mistake of going to one of these jumbo-sized shitshows, we've only ever got enough scratch for, like, one rib.

7. tUnE-yArDs Is A Good Band Name, But Only For Assholes
Arbitrarily writing your band's name in alternating caps lock is the kind of mistake that will haunt you forever because it turns your band's name into a mistake. At least you can't say that shit out loud? But we have to see it on the poster and its bad enough that we're required to mine this garbage dump of a lineup for jokes about if anyone really listens to the Arctic Monkeys, or whatever, so, please, just spell Tune-Yards like you're a friggin' adult.

6. Too Many Bands
Yeah, Camping, partying, and so on is great. But who seriously wants to watch that much continuous live music surrounded by a bunch of dingleberries? Do you think Coachella is the only time of year that mimbo in the above video hears music? Please let us know in the comments.

5. The Internet And Daylight Are Killing Music
Everyone knows that downloading has eviscerated music sales, and our culture of oversharing has saturated the market to the point where it's people's job to desperately make up genres like seapunk and moombahton so they can sell you money flavored liquor. Artists need to rely on live shows for income more than ever now, but look what happens when you try to get a band like Salem to play 3pm in the middle of a field. Kinda makes it suck, doesn't it? Stop making it hard for these people to live, Coachella. Bring music back inside and in the dark where it belongs.

4. More Shitty Bands Reunite To Cash-In
It's one thing to be disappointed because your favorite band from back-in-the-day is making music again and it's just not the same. But now you're going to try to re-sell us shit we didn't wanna buy the first time? At The Drive-In killed indie rock and Refused are about as politically sincere as The Sex Pistols, but we'd still rather listen to Johnnt Rotten's drawl on Nevermind The Bollocks than the pleghm-bark vocals on The Shape Of Punk To Come

3. Three Straight Days of Amateurs Getting Wasted
Coachella is essentially like New Years Eve. All the time. For three days. And no party hats, just drunk girls screaming, overzealous squares taking too many hits and more sloppy hornballs than should be legally permitted to lustfully congregate in the same space.

2. "Professional" Festival Attendee
The tragic descendents of Dead Heads and The Unincorporated Federation of Losers That Follow Phish on Tour, there is a miserable, whippet-huffing, hula-hooping, pube-dresaded subset of humanity that stands for no cause, has no vision, but instead has fashioned an entire lifestyle out of always knowing where there's a keg and who's holding.

1. Industry Douchebags and Smart Phones
Which brings us to the two most absolutely intolerable facets of Coachella that were both so equally infuriating we couldn't break the tie. Get this fact straight: the more deeply embedded you are in the music industry, the less you listen to music. Additionally, we typically have no patience for crowd-surfing, but we'll gladly hoist you up and toss you that way if it'll get you off Words With Friends for a minute, you asocial dishrag.

Is Matt Preira going out with Sam Torres?

SoulDischarge
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM
#5 is legit.

zonarob
01-21-2013, 07:51 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?48491-Stop-effing-talking&highlight=stop+effing+talking

goldfinger19
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
The "I've been here all day so I earned my spot" assholes.

Zafocaine
01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
You mean the assholes who put blankets too close to the stage as if you're not about to walk all over them?

xuclarockerx
01-21-2013, 11:37 AM
#5 is legit.

the internet part, sure

edit: but not the 'dark and indoors' part

HowToDisappear
01-21-2013, 11:40 AM
more and more it's the iPad recording that i find annoying.

At the David Byrne/St. Vincent show, Byrne came onstage beforehand to say hello, and to tell everyone that they were welcome to take as many pictures as they liked, record whatever they liked, post as many youtubes as they liked, but to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not do this (as he holds up an iPad, and laughs, shaking his head). We all burst into laughter and cheers of agreement.

Wonderbot
01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
At the David Byrne/St. Vincent show, Byrne came onstage beforehand to say hello, and to tell everyone that they were welcome to take as many pictures as they liked, record whatever they liked, post as many youtubes as they liked, but to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE not do this (as he holds up an iPad, and laughs, shaking his head). We all burst into laughter and cheers of agreement.

That's how it should be.

zfireswitch
01-22-2013, 08:40 AM
another thing that (sort of irrationally) annoys me is people listening to their ipods while at a concert.

baily
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
another thing that (sort of irrationally) annoys me is people listening to their ipods while at a concert.

never seen that ...and I've been to many concerts. They're probably using the headphones as earplugs.

gaypalmsprings
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Picking your booger and either flinging it across the room, or wiping in on the back of the person in front of you.

Lynn163
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Never be without those little Kleenex packs. (especially for the gals when the potties run out of tp!)

algunz
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Dealing with people waiting for a lineup while waiting for a lineup.

ENluv12
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Dealing with people waiting for a lineup while waiting for a lineup.
WTF

Wonderbot
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Calling it now...

Every fucking retard I will see doing Gangnam Style, fuck you.

Zafocaine
01-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Calling it now...

Every fucking retard I will see doing Gangnam Style, fuck you.

Man... I sort of hate making an ass out of myself doing stupid dances and all, but I was kind of looking forward to doing this one at the Sahara. Thanks for being that guy hauling thirty pounds of recording equipment around, instead of that guy who can dance and make a fool out of himself. You sound like a lot of fun!

Boourns
01-23-2013, 04:59 AM
#7 forgot that the only part worse than the name is the music.

TooOldForThis
01-23-2013, 07:39 AM
#2. What the fuck does Pube-dresaded mean?

zfireswitch
01-23-2013, 08:17 AM
never seen that ...and I've been to many concerts. They're probably using the headphones as earplugs.

i don't mean while the band is playing. i mean before/in between bands.

SepaGroove
01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Put your phones and cameras down and enjoy the moment.

DSantos
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Photo bombing is still acceptable at any and all times correct?

Sincerely,

That Guy

Wonderbot
01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Man... I sort of hate making an ass out of myself doing stupid dances and all, but I was kind of looking forward to doing this one at the Sahara. Thanks for being that guy hauling thirty pounds of recording equipment around, instead of that guy who can dance and make a fool out of himself. You sound like a lot of fun!

You can dance and make a fool of yourself at any time of day. I encourage you to be creative and not some mindless imbecile doing a fad-dance that was annoying and terrible when it came out, let alone 5 months after it stopped having any kind of relevance.

And I really don't care what you all think of how I do Coachella, I have the best time ever always and I'm not about to change for anyone.

bashy11
01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
hehe-

JayXMonsta
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm not short, but shorter than both of you guys (6ft) and even I agree with you both! If there's someone taller than you in front of you, move to either side ... it's really not rocket science. Unless you're the last person at the show and there's only one possible spot you could stand and that spot happens to be behind someone outrageously tall, then you have the option to not be stuck behind that said tall person. One of my buddies whose come to every coachella with me is 6'6" and at least a few teams each year there will be some tool yelling at him to "get down" ... like wtf is he supposed to do about being 6'6"?? Freakin idiots, haha.im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts :( I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.

ThatGirl
01-23-2013, 04:42 PM
im 6'6 and I was feel bad at concerts :( I always block people's view.. I've had people ask me to move over a bit but normally there isn't even room to move over lol sorry everyone behind me lol.

You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.

Zafocaine
01-23-2013, 09:46 PM
You can't help how tall you are, so you shouldn't have to apologize for it - but being short it's my job to get to a venue early enough so that I can have a decent view. And I don't fault those that arrived before me that block my view, because everyone there will be taller than me unless they are under 12 years old. In some cases people that are taller than me have offered for me to stand in front of them, which is very nice. Those are people I want to buy a beer for. And I'll let them lean on me if they want to steady their hands if they are taking photos or something.

Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol

ENluv12
01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Nice shorter women get favorable treatment if they know how to smile and ask politely. No beer required lol

agreed.

InF3cT10uZ
01-26-2013, 02:13 AM
"Are you having a good time? Why arnt you smiling? SMILE! youre at Coachella!"

InF3cT10uZ
01-26-2013, 02:22 AM
also groups of 8+ people that try and stick together the entire festival, especially if they leave an artist early all at once.

JoeCthulhu
01-26-2013, 07:00 AM
I only moderately get annoyed by ass-holes pushing there way to the front. I don't let them bother me for more than a moment. What really pisses me off is when these same idiots start pushing there way back out after only a song or two. I mean, really, didn't you know you didn't like this band before you shoved your way to the front. Or is it just an advanced case of LA-itis, where you have to arrive late and leave early to everything.

seitron
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
People having fun. I don't like people having fun if it mildly inconveniences me. Fuck those guys.

xuclarockerx
01-29-2013, 09:53 AM
At the Muse concert on Saturday at Staples Center I was basically at the barrier, a couple people in front of me. Everything was fine until some kid decided to shove into the little pocket of space between me and the people in front of me. I suppose I could have said something to him but I'm not one for fights or confrontation, especially at a concert where I'm supposed to be enjoying myself. So he 'won'. Whatever, it was near the end of the main set and I walked to the back for a pretty epic view. I'd still be curious to hear what he'd have to say for himself.

Tinaturntable5
01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
#11 When people stay seated during the performance. I HATE THIS SO MUCH. They want to keep their spot, I understand, but can't your a$$ find some grass near the back?? I mean you got the band playing, and its not your thing, so you 'sit this one out' IN THE CENTER OF THE CROWD!? Ruins it for the people who actually like the artist, cuz they keep tripping over your crotch level bodies.

Tinaturntable5
01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
That's the worst! Like you let 2 through then find out that couple is attached to a mini Donner Party (yes, taking it back to 1846) and I immediately regret letting them pass
also groups of 8+ people that try and stick together the entire festival, especially if they leave an artist early all at once.

Beanbean
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I hate it when people expect you to get out of their way.

xuclarockerx
03-05-2013, 10:51 PM
So OC Weekly totally copy-pasted this article

baily
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
iPads at concerts is by far the worst.

They think they special because they can afford it 2nd the damn screen is held up and a distraction 3rd they're taping the same f'n thing 200 others are.

I'll normally just slide in front of them as soon as it comes out. I'm not one to stay in my space if someone around me is annoying me. I just move.

SepaGroove
03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
An iPad would be very annoying.

However a GoPro Hero 3 is not.

basshead65
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
an ipad catching video is grounds for me to stand in front of you waving my arms around-happened at bumbershoot this past year,kids these days

Zafocaine
03-09-2013, 06:33 PM
GV should just market their footage with yearly compilations, and full set options. Sort of stomp out all the Am-Cammers as the douche leaks they are. It's cool to record your experience, but please be considerate, and at least a little discrete.

gaypalmsprings
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
People with long hair who keep twisting their head so that their hair ends up in your face. Ladies, you know who you are.

People with huge-ass backpacks that keep bumping into you as they attempt to dance.

Zafocaine
03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
People who keep hitting your backpack as you try to enjoy your space. It's a backpack, friend. If you can't understand its dimensions immediately, then there's a problem with you. That having been said... I wouldn't mind a sweet ass fanny pack (as long as it's sweet ass). Going to try going without a backpack or a locker this year. Bulging pockets just aren't my thing.

ods..
03-09-2013, 09:23 PM
So... in short you're a backpack fucker.

Why not set the backpack between your feet if it's bumping people.

VigoTheCarpathian
03-09-2013, 09:25 PM
It's fun, sometimes, to fiddle lightly with someone's backpack and watch them open it up all paranoid about theft.

Zafocaine
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
So... in short you're a backpack fucker.

Why not set the backpack between your feet if it's bumping people.

I've tried the backpack thing before, and usually ended up having it at my feet, or ended up leaving it at the tent with a fuck photography and any other accessories philosophy. Looking for a nega-hep fanny pack now.

It's fun, sometimes, to fiddle lightly with someone's backpack and watch them open it up all paranoid about theft.

Tuck your zippers, and keep your better "pokemon cards" in your least vulnerable pockets, kids. If someone fucks with your backpack--- Turn around and truffle shuffle the shit out of them.

AnthonyMBeck
03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
what do you keep on you that requires a backpack? i think youll enjoy the festival if you go in with only 3-4 things on your person. less to worry about.

Zafocaine
03-09-2013, 09:47 PM
what do you keep on you that requires a backpack? i think youll enjoy the festival if you go in with only 3-4 things on your person. less to worry about.

3-4 things are more than I'm going to be carrying on my person, hopefully. My backpack usually contains (1) jacket, (1) hat, assorted bandages/ remedies, and a small camera. It's a pretty light load, but I find the camera to be an annoyance to put in a pocket. Going to try finding some worthy shorts with cargo pockets in the next couple weeks to handle that. I have a bigger phone than previous years too (miss the flip phone). I find people with intrusive, cumbersome backpacks to be annoying too, but it's one of the lesser problems with festy folk.

fatbastard
03-10-2013, 05:17 AM
father than you

CiderMouseRules
03-14-2013, 04:35 PM
No "smoking in packed tent / waving your cigarette carelessly in the air and into people's faces"; bad list.

CiderMouseRules
03-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Four bottles of water and a jacket for later at night.

Zafocaine
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
No "smoking in packed tent / waving your cigarette carelessly in the air and into people's faces"; bad list.

Not even blunts? I thought hot boxing was IN this season?

chbludevil
04-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Rock Band Yeah Yeah Yeahs Don't Want You Using A Smartphone At Their Shows

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Rock-Band-Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs-Don-t-Want-You-Using-A-4418858.php#ixzz2PwSWYdm2

Wonderbot
04-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Backpack too bulky, I usually make do with my camelpak.

Y0UNGBL00D
04-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Rock Band Yeah Yeah Yeahs Don't Want You Using A Smartphone At Their Shows

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Rock-Band-Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs-Don-t-Want-You-Using-A-4418858.php#ixzz2PwSWYdm2

fucking A. please put that shit away. my own gf has trouble with this and i have to keep her in line.

Y0UNGBL00D
04-09-2013, 06:21 AM
from the gizmodo article linked from the sfgate YYY article:

"because the experience of sharing stuff has begun to usurp the importance of doing stuff."

i dont want to be on this planet anymore.

Trailmix
04-09-2013, 09:03 AM
For some of these points I would agree to the antithesis.

#6.

I hate people who stand strong holding back half of one group from reaching the rest of their group because "they got to that spot first". Go fuck yourself you old fuck who lost all sense of fun and youth in your crabby ass life. It's a concert, not a place to stand still for 2 hours hoping your legs don't get too tired by the end. If people want to get up father than you, it's because they want to see this band really badly! Just because you were able to leisurely make your way to the venue hours early does not make you a bigger fan than someone who got stuck at work until traffic got horrible!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Completely disagree if you really wanted to see that band you would have gotten there earlier. Don't be a dick.

skavenbrew
04-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Just a bit outisde of the OP question, but still related. The most annoying Pre-Concert behavior has to be bitching about when the set times are going to be released.....

Sensuality
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
I despise the people that show up for an artist who made ONE mainstream hit and leave as soon said song gets played.

Also, the dummies who get so fucked up they rely on the crowd around them to stay upright while bouncing off of everyone nearby (aka pinballs).

PhoneWentWest
04-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Backpack too bulky, I usually make do with my camelpak.

Or do what I do, when you get to your desired location in the crowd take your bag off and put it on the ground between your legs. I never want to be that guy with the large backpack backing into people (or since i'm on the taller side) having my backpack right in some persons face.

Alvincible
04-09-2013, 04:13 PM
I despise the people that show up for an artist who made ONE mainstream hit and leave as soon said song gets played.

Also, the dummies who get so fucked up they rely on the crowd around them to stay upright while bouncing off of everyone nearby (aka pinballs).

This happened to me last year when I was up at the front in Sahara tent. Some douche behind me was so drunk he kept pouncing around and bouncing off. Told him nicely to stop twice and the 3rd time I had to push him back and mean mug him for him to finally cut it out.

Zafocaine
04-09-2013, 04:53 PM

See Gotye's exit crowd after Somebody That I Used To Know last year (or whatever that stupid ass song was called). I showed up, and saw the crowd, but didn't dare enter. I heard the song, and remained standing there as hundreds, possibly thousands of people herded away from the stage all at once. It was pretty fucking sick.

Also, I walk way too fast for the Pinballs in the crowd.

Annikaatschool
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
The only thing that really pisses me off is the pushing. Just because there is .02 inches of space in front of me doesn't mean that you and your 35 friends get to pass through there!! It's even worse when someone pulls that type of move and then just stays right in front of you. Those type of people need to die a slow death

if somebody pushes me at a show i get so much adrenaline. I pretend i dont notice them but i push them back!! stand in front of somebody else ! :mad:

Annikaatschool
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
No mention of crowdsurfers? Fuck crowdsurfers. Those around us usually lose their shoes.

if somebody trys to surf over me... forget it:nono

xmichaelyx
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
There's only 1 behavior I find annoying at shows: Talking. I can't believe how many chicks stand at a fucking show and just chat loudly like there's nothing going on around them. SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. BITCHES.