PDA

View Full Version : Why the Knife will not logically play Coachella

bradley
01-23-2007, 09:00 AM
1. Karin was starting to be noticeably pregnant in November at the SF show. She'll either be ready to pop or just have had the baby around Coachella.

2. The Knife are not popular enough to be be Sahara headliners, and for their show to be entertaining, it requires a massive amount of set up and special stage equipment. It is not reasonable to assume Goldenvoice would allow a non-headliner the leeway to have their stage setup so specifically, especially when you'd have to consider that a real headliner would likely play thereafter, and the timing to tear down the Knife set would overlap with whatever elaborate set the headliner desired.

3. The Knife are finished touring in America for awhile. They're not a touring beast, and they didn't get a delicious taste for the road last year. It was a rarity, and everyone who saw it was quite blessed and lucky.

Bahamut727
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
2. The Knife are not popular enough to be be Sahara headliners, and for their show to be entertaining, it requires a massive amount of set up and special stage equipment. It is not reasonable to assume Goldenvoice would allow a non-headliner the leeway to have their stage setup so specifically, especially when you'd have to consider that a real headliner would likely play thereafter, and the timing to tear down the Knife set would overlap with whatever elaborate set the headliner desired.

You mean like a giant glowing pyramid that displayed pictures, and had a flashing light grid around it?

Remember Daft Punk was not the headliner last year

dorkfish
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
headliner, in this case = sahara headliner = last act (normally the big electronic draw) to play the sahara tent.

headliner, in this case =/= main stage headliner.

so in this case, daft punk was a headliner last year. as were kraftwerk, the prodigy, etc...

Bahamut727
01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Ah, my bad I guess I just got confused there.

Boourns
01-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, there's no Sahara headliner for Friday, and the ones for Saturday and Sunday are shit, so why not? Well, good point about the pregnancy. Aside from Jarvis, very artist who released a great album last year is not playing this year. Just seems kind of weird, and the Knife would have been great.

roscoemule
01-27-2007, 11:54 AM
expect Underworld...fingers crossed just in case.

sithlord
01-29-2007, 08:38 AM
The Knife was the only group I REALLY wanted to have at coachella that don't appear to be coming. Well, them and the Hold Steady.

kroqken
11-23-2008, 01:53 AM
I think the Knife now have a large enough following to play Coachella 2009.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Indeed...there was enough word of mouth from their previous tour to get people going for this...

Alchemy
11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the only reasonable point was the pregnancy. Playing Coachella doesn't mean they need to embark on a tour or become a touring machine. It's crazy to think that Coachella couldn't give them what they need for their set. This is possible and it needs to happen.

pancakespancakes
11-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Can they headline the Sahara? I am pretty ignorant to their popularity in the EDM world. My guess is that they in fact could.

Alchemy
11-23-2008, 10:52 AM
They don't need to headline the Sahara, they just need to be there.

vinylmartyr
11-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I think they are gonna play.

Jman4321
11-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I think the Knife now have a large enough following to play Coachella 2009.

Yeah I think so too. The Mezzanine in SF had a show where people went to just watch the Silent Shout tour film and it filled up quite fast. The spectacle of their show would alone cause a great draw

vinylmartyr
11-23-2008, 12:14 PM
People will talk so much about people will show up. Kinda like Daft Punk in 06 but not as big a scale.

rage patton
11-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I have never ever listened to a Knife song... can some post a youtube here or something?

TonyWonder
11-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Karin's solo project, Fever Ray, is coming out in early 09 which seems to suggest that she'll be promoting that rather than the Knife...although a one-off Coachella performance is always possible.

I have never ever listened to a Knife song... can some post a youtube here or something?

Heartbeats Live
VrjwqXwyzNU

You Take My Breath Away
W56_ek1Px6g

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Josh, this is their most popular song, Silent Shout:

kCqTsZwDi5k

We Share Our Mother's Health, FUN!!

S7seDfyXGOw

rage patton
11-23-2008, 01:13 PM
With the exception of You Take My Breath Away, I liked all those songs. Especially Heartbeats.

Jeff, check your PM.

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure they play You Take My Breath Away live. At any rate, if they were to play Coachella they wouldn't be able to use 3D projection. They require totally still air or the images will be messed up, at little like the Gorillaz.

*Running off to my inbox*

Alchemy
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure they play You Take My Breath Away live. At any rate, if they were to play Coachella they wouldn't be able to use 3D projection. They require totally still air or the images will be messed up, at little like the Gorillaz.

I'm sure Coachella could make a stable frame that stretches a screen so tightly that it doesn't move in the wind.

Physics makes us all its bitches.

Xenocide
11-23-2008, 02:05 PM
who the fuck says sahara headliners have to go on last?? (2/3 of the time they don't) why couldn't they just go on last the remove the stage setup issue altogether?

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm sure Coachella could make a stable frame that stretches a screen so tightly that it doesn't move in the wind.

Physics makes us all its bitches.
It truly does. Attempt to defy it and prepare to feel it's wrath!

who the fuck says sahara headliners have to go on last?? (2/3 of the time they don't) why couldn't they just go on last the remove the stage setup issue altogether?
I think they would get the Aphex twin set time to nix conflicts with any ginormous main stage acts.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-23-2008, 06:16 PM

I feel that this is incorrect.

I saw The Knife at Pukkelpop 2006 in a tent very similar to the Gobi or Sahara, except, way shittier/arguably more awesome because it had a wooden floor that shook everytime people started dancing, and in that little bullshit tent their INSANE VISUALS worked perfectly.

I'd also like to say that, as one of the few people on here (I think) who has actually seen The Knife live, they are fucking awesome but they are NOT a Sahara act. They're electronic and some of their stuff is danceable, but their live set is way more ambient and chill then one would regularly expect from a Sahara act. They're kind of like a rave tent cocktease in that a lot of their tracks build just up to the point where you think they're going to drop a really sick beat on everyone and then they just go back to chilling out.

All of this being said, The Mother Fucking Knife would be a fucking great addition regardless of what stage/tent they're on and I cannot recommend them enough to anyone.

I'm Malcolm Jamal Awesome and I Dave Wang this message.

dorkfish
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
There's a handful of us on here that have seen the Knife.

Me
Brian Mack
Tessa

Others...

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
I feel that this is incorrect.

I saw The Knife at Pukkelpop 2006 in a tent very similar to the Gobi or Sahara, except, way shittier/arguably more awesome because it had a wooden floor that shook everytime people started dancing, and in that little bullshit tent their INSANE VISUALS worked perfectly.

I'd also like to say that, as one of the few people on here (I think) who has actually seen The Knife live, they are fucking awesome but they are NOT a Sahara act. They're electronic and some of their stuff is danceable, but their live set is way more ambient and chill then one would regularly expect from a Sahara act. They're kind of like a rave tent cocktease in that a lot of their tracks build just up to the point where you think they're going to drop a really sick beat on everyone and then they just go back to chilling out.

All of this being said, The Mother Fucking Knife would be a fucking great addition regardless of what stage/tent they're on and I cannot recommend them enough to anyone.

I'm Malcolm Jamal Awesome and I Dave Wang this message.

Awesome. That's very encouraging news. Let them toy with the souls of people in the Mojave tent then. So long as they're at Coachella I could care less.

Spread the good word of Wang!

oftheheartofthesoul
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Can they illogically play?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-23-2008, 08:25 PM
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2545/spockillogicalsv8.png

oftheheartofthesoul
11-23-2008, 08:31 PM
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2545/spockillogicalsv8.png

True. You know what they say...babies havin' babies.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Ha.

The Knizzife.

dorkfish
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I like that people are debating whether the Knife can play this year based off a post stating that they weren't likely to play in 2007...

malcolmjamalawesome
11-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, to be fair, the recent posts don't seem to be based around whether they can play or not based on the pregnancy, but rather what stage they would play on.

boarderwoozel3
11-23-2008, 08:47 PM
This debate has been raging on for a while in other threads and Kroqken--bless his soul--was kind enough to bump this thread, sparking the conversation again. They're a sweet, rare act that would make lots of folks very happy. Is there any particular reason why 2009 is the year? Not really, but it would be badass none less.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Those weird fuckers and their glow makeup.

Jman4321
11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
http://sleevage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bjork_volta_photo.jpg

GLOW MAKEUP?!?!

feather
11-24-2008, 07:10 PM
^ Okay my official Sahara costume for '09.

nationocean
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
There's a handful of us on here that have seen the Knife.

Me
Brian Mack
Tessa

Others...

me four!

cansei de ser sexme
11-24-2008, 09:35 PM

2MChr3I35BA

Xenocide
11-26-2008, 05:38 AM
i believe A-Trak samples a Knife song in his Kanye 'Get Em High' remix...

Mordecai
11-26-2008, 05:47 AM
You are correct. I guess it's technically more of a mash-up of 'Heartbeats' and 'Get em High' but impressive none the less.

goodgrl
11-28-2008, 11:13 PM
I would love to see them there!
Definetly coach worthy!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 06:20 AM
^ Okay my official Sahara costume for '09.

That's hot.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Let's hope for a No Doubt and The Knife conflict!

Daft Fro
11-29-2008, 07:15 AM
me four!

Me5 ;D

Also, if the Knife were to play, I think they would have to play the Sahara @ night. Because at this point, I do think they are too big of a rare draw for the Gobi/Mohave. Plus they probably need the space/lighting the Sahara has.

I think years past Sahara lineups have shown, it isn't constantly *unst unst unst*, if you will.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 07:24 AM
That is what I thought too...

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Let's hope for a No Doubt and The Knife conflict!

You know where my loyalty lies. I've never heard the knife before, ignorance is bliss. It makes conflicts that much easier for me

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 07:39 AM
You know where my loyalty lies. I've never heard the knife before, ignorance is bliss. It makes conflicts that much easier for me

And that is the hoping....less people at the Sahara for the Knife fans....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 07:41 AM
my fear is The Knife conlficts with someone like Animal Collective or (god forbid) Sigur Ros...I would have the Knife over both of them....and I LOVE Sigur Ros...

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Are you saying you don't want me there

WHOA

the knife over sigur ros?? Thats like me turning my back on BECK, or something

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 07:47 AM
no joke...I was thinking about it on my way to work this morning and it griped me with fear...but then I thought well..I have seen SR 5 times and it would most likely be the only chance I ever got to see the knife...

Also, you SHOULD pick the Knife...NO Doubt will tour all over the place this summer...

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 07:55 AM
LOL at this hypothetical Knife Vs. No Doubt and/or sigur ros conflict we've got cooked up

All Your Base
11-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I'd never heard them before right now. Unadulterated fun right there!

All Your Base
11-29-2008, 08:42 AM
BTW: Am I the only one that just doesn't give two shits about No Doubt?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
meh...depending on who is playing I could swing either way....

betao
11-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I dont.

Salah, watch some of the videos of them performing live (there are a few posted in this thread), and then try to tell yourself that you would pick No Doubt over them.

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I saw the videos and I really enjoyed them. The Sahara was made for this sort of stuff, plus the lights were killer. Buuuuut, no doubt is a group from my childhood man, I grew up with them. I just realistically cannot see myself at a Coachella where they're playing and I skip them. You know what I mean? Here's hoping for minimal conflict involving the knife. For all our sake

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
I dont.

Salah, watch some of the videos of them performing live (there are a few posted in this thread), and then try to tell yourself that you would pick No Doubt over them.

betao,

you forget..Salah works on feelings...epic videos won't sway his vote...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 09:05 AM
I saw the videos and I really enjoyed them. The Sahara was made for this sort of stuff, plus the lights were killer. Buuuuut, no doubt is a group from my childhood man. I just realistically cannot see myself at a Coachella where they're playing and I skip them. You know what I mean? Here's hoping for minimal conflict involving the knife. For all our sake

If anything...(and that is if they play at all...) The Knife will be like Justice and be conflict free!

pancakespancakes
11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Alright so according to wikipedia, The Knife is currently on hiatus.

Can someone help me out here? Is this true?

stinkbutt
11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
They have been since 06

pancakespancakes
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Then why the hell is this all even being discussed? Are they supposed to miraculously come out of hiatus JUST for Coachella?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM
um....many bands have incase you didn't notice...

mvanwinkle
11-29-2008, 12:44 PM
they played treasure island this year. cant be that much of a hiatus

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 12:45 PM

WTF????~?~??

their 1st and only tour
PERFORMED SHOWS 2006

30th March - Sweden, Stockholm, Berns, sold out
31st March - Sweden, Lund, Mejeriet, sold out
6th April - Germany, Berlin, Maria Am Ostbahnhof, sold out
10th April - UK, London, Scala, sold out
12th April - Sweden, Gothenburg, TršdgŚr'n, sold out
6th June - France, Paris, La Loco
15th June - Spain, Sonar Festival
14th July - Sweden, Arvikafestivalen
10th July - Norway, ÷ya Festival
11th August - Germany, Sonnemondsterne
17th August - Belgium, Pukkelpop
18th August - Netherlands, Lowlands
10th October, Italy, Milan, Magazzini Generali, support: Planningtorock
12th October, France, Paris, La Cigale
13th October, Germany, Cologne, Gebaude 9, sold out
14th October, UK, London, The Forum, support: Planningtorock, sold out
15th October, Netherlands, Amsterdam, Paradiso, support: Planningtorock, sold out
16th October, Denmark, Copenhagen, Vega, support: Planningtorock, sold out
17th October, Denmark, Copenhagen, Vega, support: Planningtorock, sold out
1st November, US, New York, Webster Hall, two shows, sold out
3rd November, US, San Fransisco, sold out
4th November, US, Los Angeles, El Rey Theater, sold out

stinkbutt
11-29-2008, 12:47 PM

no they didn't

menikmati
11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I do think they are too big of a rare draw for the Gobi/Mohave.

I think years past Sahara lineups have shown, it isn't constantly *unst unst unst*, if you will.

I say the same thing about BoC, but most people tend to think they shouldn't be in the Sahara....but if BoC ever do play, they better be in the Sahara...they are far too big for the Gobi/Mojave, and a shitty outdoor slot on the Outdoor theatre would just ruin their performance I think.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Boards of Canada should be lucky to play in the parking lot.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Boards of Canada should be lucky to play in the parking lot.

As long as they have an epic production and sound system I'm there...fuck it...I am there regardless...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I say the same thing about BoC, but most people tend to think they shouldn't be in the Sahara....but if BoC ever do play, they better be in the Sahara...they are far too big for the Gobi/Mojave, and a shitty outdoor slot on the Outdoor theatre would just ruin their performance I think.

Word...Erik...word.

mvanwinkle
11-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I retract my previous statements

rage patton
11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Then why the hell is this all even being discussed? Are they supposed to miraculously come out of hiatus JUST for Coachella?

I was about to say...

kitt kat
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Did anyone read this thing about an opera they're producing for September 09?

And Olaf is in South America doing field recordings...

I'd label this "UNLIKELY."

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Good to know. *apprehensively lowers hopes...*

kitt kat, where did you come across the information? I'd like to give it a read.

pancakespancakes
11-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Well, that statement was stupid in retrospect, but what I meant was that big headlining or subheadlining bands only come out of nowhere to play just for Coachella. Rarities like Swervedriver or Crowded House that aren't actually subheadliners have to be completely out of left field because it just so happens that they plan to reunite anyway. Coachella sees this and picks them up for good measure.

All I'm saying is that I had no idea The Knife would be THIS unlikely... being that they're more of a third line band... I thought they were at least together still. Now we're talking 1 in 500 odds if I had to guess.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-30-2008, 01:56 PM
-=Given Coachella track record though...

MIA: Coachella was her 3rd live performance ever
MBV: Were brought out of hiding BECAUSE of Paul T's Coachella hounding..
Faithless: Played Coachella and no where else in the US (Um...I might need some back up here..)
Jarvis Cocker: One of the only US shows he has ever done.
Sigur Ros: Coachella was their 1st North American Show ever..
Daft Punk: Came just because Coachella gave them the $$$ to make the pyramid
JAMC: Reunited just for Coachella and made a tour out of it. Only reunited because Coachella asked...
Bahaus: made a tour out of their Coachella apperance

I think the Knife would fall under the popularity of the bands listed here...Daft Punk blew up even more after Coachella..

gratytrainridesagain
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't forget about The Pixies or Iggy & The Stooges

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-30-2008, 01:58 PM
the list goes on pancakes..I've been to 8 of these bad boys...believe me..Coachella can get the Knife just to come out for one show...look at Portishead...only US show..just because of Coachella...

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 01:59 PM
It seems The Knife are a little busy now, maybe 09 is too soon? How about 2010?

Orrrrrrrrrr even better

The Knife for Bonnaroo 09!!!

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 02:00 PM
For sure. Coachella is the biggest platform for indie/alternative/electronic music in the US. We're a massive market and the media attention is second to none. It makes total sense that groups would want to do special shows or start reunions at Coachella.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
It seems The Knife are a little busy now, maybe 09 is too soon? How about 2010?

Orrrrrrrrrr even better

The Knife for Bonnaroo 09!!!

Goldenvoice already has a relationship with The Knife from the 2006 shows in California...if they play a festvial it will be Coach...or APW (but way to many people would cry foul if that happened).

gratytrainridesagain
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
The Knife would not fit at Bonnaroo in the least I know we all talk about what bands fit what place but there is no doubt that The Knife doesn't belong at the Roo at all like not even over a stereo.

The Roo is all happy and positive vibes The Knife are waaaaaaaaay too dark for TN

menikmati
11-30-2008, 02:18 PM
the list goes on pancakes..I've been to 8 of these bad boys...believe me..Coachella can get the Knife just to come out for one show...look at Portishead...only US show..just because of Coachella...

Exactly, Goldenvoice/Coachella/Paul Tollet is the only thing/person who is able to get bands to come out of hiding and reunite, one off show, or just their only US performance...it's been done year after year...if anyplace or anyone is gonna get the Knife to play, it's gonna be Coachella and Paul T. Same goes for BoC, GYBE, the Smiths, Orbital (US show at least), the list goes on and on.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 02:20 PM
The Roo is all happy and positive vibes The Knife are waaaaaaaaay too dark for TN

Hey lover, good to see you back. I'm not gunna get into a Roo argument with you. But I disagree, for the record.

gratytrainridesagain
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Ha i didn't recognize you without your beck avatar how you been

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
You're the 2nd person to say that today. Beck is back.

Bonnaroo includes all sorts of music, I consider Metallica dark, and they HEADLINED.

p.s.-I missed you Ms.Gibbler, please dont leave me again

menikmati
11-30-2008, 02:25 PM
haha, Metallica is not dark.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Not bright either.

kitt kat
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Knife opera:
http://www.hotelproforma.dk/side.asp?side=2&id=438&ver=uk

malcolmjamalawesome
11-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Gnarls Barkley's 1st ever performance?

Trick Loves The Kids
11-30-2008, 03:14 PM
They played a couple days before Coachella in Hollywood, but I think it was mostly just a rehearsal.

pancakespancakes
11-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't forget about The Pixies or Iggy & The Stooges

Those were both big subheadlining bands.

Well the only ones that count in your argument are Sigur Ros, M.I.A., and Jarvis Cocker, because those are all less-famous third tier bands like The Knife like I was talking about, but you have a point with those three. I think I get it a little more now, I could see it done. Are there any others other than those three?

And like I said, bands like Crowded House and Swervedriver don't exactly count because it wasn't GV who egged them on to reunite... as far as we know anyway...

pancakespancakes
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Gnarls Barkley's 1st ever performance?

Here's a good one. Kind of different, brand new band who has never played live before, but still.

pancakespancakes
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM

I know what you mean, the only roundabout point I'm trying to make is that, besides their popularity on this board, they're not THAT big of a band to shell out a bunch of money & time to bring out of hiatus to play here, because based on GV's track record, they usually only spend their energy on bigger bands that are headlining or subheadlining... and I think we can all agree The Knife would not be that.

But, with Sigur Ros, M.I.A., Jarvis Cocker, (and maybe Faithless?), it seems that's not exactly the track record I thought it was.

Jman4321
12-01-2008, 11:51 AM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/147808-the-knife-writing-darwin-inspired-opera

Lol. Main Stage.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/147808-the-knife-writing-darwin-inspired-opera

Lol. Main Stage.

Bring it on...

paganman7
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
In my book, The Knife could definitely close the Sahara on Friday.

Jman4321
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
In my book, The Knife could definitely close the Sahara on Friday.

Totally. Their show is such a spectacle that it would be enough to draw people to simply watch even if they aren't familiar. Combine that with the fact that they have the music to back it up along with extreme demand (as shown by that list of almost all sold out dates above) and you could definitely have headliner material.

stinkbutt
12-09-2008, 08:23 AM
from pitchfork

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, make way for Fever Ray. The Knife's Karin Dreijer Andersson has lifted the shroud of secrecy surrounding her previously mentioned solo project to reveal a debut album due next year and a lead-off single due much sooner.

Get acquainted with Fever Ray by way of inaugural single "If I Had a Heart". You may recall we discussed the instrumental version of this track last time, and it's still available for streaming at the Fever Ray MySpace. Well the "If I Had a Heart" single proper descends on digital retailers December 16 in the U.S. (via Mute) and in Australia/New Zealand (via etcetc), and the day before in the Scandinavia (via Rabid) and the rest of Europe (via Cooperative Music). So many labels!

Meanwhile, a video for "If I Had a Heart", helmed by Knife/Josť GonzŠlez director of note Andreas Nilsson, should surface soon.

Karin's still keeping mum about the title and tracklist for her debut album as Fever Ray, but that set does have a release date. Or rather, several: March 24 in the U.S., March 23 in Australia/New Zealand, and March 18 in Scandinavia and the rest of Europe, with the same label distribution as above. So many places!

As if all that weren't exciting enough, here's Karin in the Fever Ray press release: "I hope that my newly found live band will make it to the stages next year. We are rehearsing and building something beautiful and brilliant." Keen!

The Knife, as you'll recall, are in the throes of writing music and words for an artsy opera loosely inspired by the theories of Charles Darwin. Alas, it is not titled On the Origin of Creepy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2008, 08:30 AM
OMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shakermaker113
12-09-2008, 08:37 AM
hmm. this instrumental is awfully enticing. waiting for the album leak now...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I'll take 50% of the knife anyday then no knife...

world capsized
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
goddamn if the knife plays i will be taking SO much acid

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2008, 05:13 PM
If The Knife plays I would have a heart attack...

Jman4321
12-09-2008, 06:28 PM
goddamn if the knife plays i will be taking SO much acid

I would find the show terrifying.

Boourns
12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
fever ray in the tent?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Totally. Their show is such a spectacle that it would be enough to draw people to simply watch even if they aren't familiar. Combine that with the fact that they have the music to back it up along with extreme demand (as shown by that list of almost all sold out dates above) and you could definitely have headliner material.

NO THEY DON'T. I'VE SEEN THEM LIVE. IT'S NOT HIGH ENERGY ENOUGH OF A SET TO MAKE SENSE IN THE SAHARA.

BUT THEY ARE STILL AWESOME.

Keep The Knife Out Of The Sahara.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
fever ray in the tent?

And yes.

world capsized
12-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I would find the show terrifying.

pussy